Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 6: November 2019 - July 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a pity but it was expected a brooch wouldn't have gone a miss as you can hardly make out the order on the dress.

The dress is really lovely.

Make up looks a little severe but could be the lighting?

Not surprised that she wears only earring and nothing else. Letizia was and is a disappointment on the Jewelry front.

At last she has a nice hairdoo.

Letizia's dress is stunning. Letizia did not wear a tiara, repeating what happened in 2011, when she and Queen Sofia also did not wear a tiara during the state visit of the former Emir of Qatar.
CENA DE GALA OFRECIDA EN HONOR DE SUS ALTEZAS EL JEQUE TAMIM BIN HAMAD AL THANI, EMIR DEL ESTADO DE CATAR, Y LA JEQUESA JAWAHER BINT HAMAD BIN SUHAIM AL THANI - CENA DE GALA OFRECIDA EN HONOR DE SUS ALTEZAS EL JEQUE TAMIM BIN HAMAD AL THANI, EMIR DEL

I wonder if the Qataris don't wear orders, which is why the Spanish royals also refrain from doing so at a Qatar state dinner. Even so, King Felipe VI still wore the badge of the Golden Fleece around his neck and Queen Letizia was wearing, I think, a daytime miniature of the Order of Charles III.

It is weird because both the King and the Queen look "half dressed". Everybody in black tie and no decorations would have made more sense.

Last edited:
Apart from the strange dress code, I think the dress is the best we've seen on Letizia for a very long time, like years. 100% improvement from the outing in Stockholm.
Nice earrings and hairstyle too.

Every time I think Letizia has topped herself in evening wear.....she tops herself again!

That gown is incredibly elegant and ethereal. It almost looks bridal in fact.

She was smart to forego a tiara here. The dress speaks for itself.

ETA: I have seen a couple of posters describe the dress as gold but I don't see gold at all. It looks pearl/oyster colored.

Last edited:
The Queen is soooo elegant and chic!! Perfect last night!!!

Lovely dress, a real ethereal feel to it.

WOW! Fabulous and stunning gown on the Queen-sometimes less is more and here I think the dress itself is blingy enough without any other adornment.

Letizia looks amazing! Love her hair, dress and earrings. One of her best evening looks.

Letizia looks amazing! Love her hair, dress and earrings. One of her best evening looks.

The earrings apparently were a gift from the Emir of Qatar according to another thread.

Wonderful! She has never looked better!

Apart from the strange dress code, I think the dress is the best we've seen on Letizia for a very long time, like years. 100% improvement from the outing in Stockholm.
Nice earrings and hairstyle too.
I agree with you, one of her best evening gowns.. Actually I´m surprised to see her in a dress with long sleeves in spring/early summer, I could imagine she planned this dress for golden jubilee in Denmark in January.. just a thought..

I agree with you, one of her best evening gowns.. Actually I´m surprised to see her in a dress with long sleeves in spring/early summer, I could imagine she planned this dress for golden jubilee in Denmark in January.. just a thought..

I think the long sleeves on the dress may have been to account for the cultural sensitivities of the visiting guests, who come from a Muslim country.

I love the gown, it’s one of her best. I only wish she doesn’t pull her hair up so tight.

Queen Letizia wearing her black & Other Stories leather dress at an awards ceremony this evening, June 23:

** gallery ** February 2019 **

Last edited:
Not a fan of leather as formal wear and was never a fan of this dress .

I’m not really a fan of leather clothes at all. Maybe a jacket, but that’s it. So- not a fan of the dress.

Such a dark look! Not a fan of this dress.

So would I but black is traditional in Spain. It's probably like asking Elizabeth to wear something other than white for a state banquet — except this is not just Letizia's tradition.

Though I have the same thought I had last time she wore this dress- that it would look even better in red - given that this is the NATO summit, black is appropriate. Sometimes politics should most definitely trump fashion.

Nice hairstyle but the make up was to much imo..Yes it is a political event but different dress would be nice.. at least dark blue, black and white, she has a lot of options to recycle so this dress was a bit disappointing. Nice jewels but as always a necklace or brooch was missed.. ..

Last edited:
Much as I dislike the tacky belt, Queen Letizia looks really regal and having looked through the galleries, it would seem she totally nailed the dress code and that makes two times in a row. The last banquet and this one.

The other women present wore dresses much the same style and length as Letizia along with jumpsuits and pants suits, so it really fell well within her preferred dress code.

This isn't a good look for Letizia. A dress with another colour would have been nice, and the fabric of this dress doesn't look good. She has too heavy make up. And wrong shoes with the dress.

This isn't a good look for Letizia. A dress with another colour would have been nice, and the fabric of this dress doesn't look good. She has too heavy make up. And wrong shoes with the dress.

As noted by Prinsara, black is a traditional evening color in Spain and Latin America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom