Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 5: September 2018 - October 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
State dinner, yes. But the dress code was black suit for men and cocktail dress for women so she was prefectly dressed, she wore a beautiful cocktail dress.

State dinner, yes. But the dress code was black suit for men and cocktail dress for women so she was prefectly dressed, she wore a beautiful cocktail dress.

The Argentinean first lady was properly dressed according to the dress code and the occasion. Queen Letizia, not so much.

Queen Letizia in a new dress during gala dinner in Argentina. I hoped to see the bracelet she received from Macri in 2017.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2iukPsXQAEkw02.jpg

Do we have pictures of what the bracelet is like.

I really like this dress on Letizia (maybe it is a little revealing) - the colour is amazing and the detail on it is stunning. Therefore with all the detail I think it suits smaller earrings as it is already very 'bling"

Do we have pictures of what the bracelet is like.

I really like this dress on Letizia (maybe it is a little revealing) - the colour is amazing and the detail on it is stunning. Therefore with all the detail I think it suits smaller earrings as it is already very 'bling"

No we have never seen the bracelet but it was released in the annual gift list 2017/18 she received a bracelet

Letizia is outdressed by the Argentine 1st Lady for the second time,nicer earrings and a bangle/bracelet would have been preferable but Letizia is unimaginative on that score.

She looks really great but IMHO the Argentinian First Lady is THE BOMB !

:previous:

Thank you!

It would have never occurred to me, it's usual for many women, royal and not, to wear an evening dress with cleavage, I didn't see anything scandalous about this dress.

I have to say it must be one of my favorite dresses ever, I love it, the color, the "decorations" in gold, the sandals...If a state dinner is going to have a dressed down dress code, this was the best thing she could have worn for my enjoyment :flowers:?

Juliana Awada looks beautiful, but for me her dress screams lunch date and daytime event.

I miss the sparkle. In nothing shows that Doña Letizia is the spouse of the King of glorious Spain. When Máxima accompanied the Queen, it was the same dresscode. But by using jewels she looked more glamorous anyway while she was "just" a princess. For comparison see below. I feel Letizia could have been more imaginative.

At the Opera: https://l7.alamy.com/zooms/bc6bb868...lands-attends-a-ballet-performance-d3ncr0.jpg
At the Casa Rosada:
https://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Mar2006/06033058.jpg

Last edited:
Love the dress. The details are stunning. I don't understand the criticism. If I had the money, I would buy this dress (by the way, how much is it?). Is that color prussian blue?

I don't understand the criticism either. To me, it is a gorgeous dress, CH! and much dressier than the red dress of Awada. Also, her colleague isn't wearing any jewelry.
Of course, I would have loved more jewels, always.

The fabric of Letizia's dress is beautiful but the dress isn't suitable to a state dinner, perhaps to some other event. The top part is too revealing. I don't like Letizia's hairdo either, although it is well done. She could have had a more feminine hairdo with this dress. The First Lady's dress was superb and she totally outdressed Letizia.
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...er-at-the-cck-during-day-picture-id1138291296

A beautiful diamond necklace would have solved the "revealing" idea as QEII and her sister used to wear.

Tbh i dont like the first ladies look it looks to casual more for a daytime even imo. Im still not sure about Letizias dress. I love the dress but i wish she had worn bigger earrings, like the golden flowers she wore for mallorca dinner 2017.

The dress is lovely and I really like her hairstyle but seeing as it was the Gala Dinner she should have worn a more visible pair of earrings or added a bracelet to break up the monotonous look. Letizia has really underwhelmed on the past few State Visits and her preferred casual style does not belong on a State Visit.

IMO, this is a very lovely dress with gorgeous details and I really love the shade of blue. I can't understand all the criticism, but to each his own. I love her style and she always looks beautiful :)

IMO, this is a very lovely dress with gorgeous details and I really love the shade of blue. I can't understand all the criticism, but to each his own. I love her style and she always looks beautiful :)

There is nothing wrong with the dress. But this is Her Majesty Queen Letizia of Spain at a formal diner during a State Visit to Argentina, one of the nations of the Hispanidad.

Let me phrase it like: Mrs Trump, Madame Macron and Señora Awada seem to have more understanding of the effect of dressing-up than the Queen of great and glorious Spain, which is the world upside-down.

There is nothing wrong with the dress. But this is Her Majesty Queen Letizia of Spain at a formal diner during a State Visit to Argentina, one of the nations of the Hispanidad.

Let me phrase it like: Mrs Trump, Madame Macron and Señora Awada seem to have more understanding of the effect of dressing-up than the Queen of great and glorious Spain, which is the world upside-down.

It seems you are stuck a few decades in the past. If a woman is not dripping in jewels, and huge elaborate looks, they are not 'queens'. :bang:

Letizia is elegant and minimalist, a Modern queen. A reality that people are going to have to learn to realize with the younger queens coming up. This was not a white tie affair. It didn't call for an elaborate gown.

I laugh as other then her big fancy brands, Melania isn't any better dressed then Letizia. Most of her tours she wears business suits and coats, that are nothing special but the label on them.

I loved the color of last night's look but nothing that exciting. It wasnt a white tie event though, it didn't call for anything more formal.

The red gown tonight is fantastic. Modern yet elegant. Red is her color.

Q. Letizia's CH dress looked very beautiful. But her hairdo was too flat, severe and unflattering. And indeed a beautiful diamond necklace would have solved the "too revealing" issue ;)
That red midi dress look gorgeous on her. Gorgeous color, good fabric and fit, interesting details.

The blue dress was wonderful. One of the best dresses the queen has ever worn and the red one last night, beautiful. Both adequate and attractive. Awada very boring throughout the visit. The queen wins by a lot, although she does not have to make too much effort.
PS: comparing Letizia with Máxima is in my opinion, something crazy. Máxima is "disguised" to look like a queen ALWAYS, but Letizia does not have to do that to BE queen. It is my opinion.
Perfect throughout the visit. I love all your outfits

There are many examples of modern consorts,Letizia is not unique in that category but I feel at times she lets her personal flair for ultra minimal casual influence her her choices for grandeur events like State Visits where she could make a little more effort.No one is asking for Letizia to come out dressed as up as Christmas Tree ;)

It seems you are stuck a few decades in the past. If a woman is not dripping in jewels, and huge elaborate looks, they are not 'queens'. :bang:

Letizia is elegant and minimalist, a Modern queen. A reality that people are going to have to learn to realize with the younger queens coming up. This was not a white tie affair. It didn't call for an elaborate gown.

I laugh as other then her big fancy brands, Melania isn't any better dressed then Letizia. Most of her tours she wears business suits and coats, that are nothing special but the label on them.

I loved the color of last night's look but nothing that exciting. It wasnt a white tie event though, it didn't call for anything more formal.

The red gown tonight is fantastic. Modern yet elegant. Red is her color.

With other words: people like Mary of Denmark, Victoria of Sweden, Máxima of the Netherlands, Catherine of Cambridge are "stuck in the past"?

The dress code was what it was, and the use of jewelry must go according to that code ... if men go with a simple tie suit, women can not go as "Christmas trees".

Juliana Awada, the wife of the President of Argentina, does not usually wear jewelry ... Queen Letizia has the elegance and sense of diplomacy in knowing not to abuse her jewelry. At the state dinner, Letizia balanced the lack of jewelry with a dress that was a jewel, with gold embroidery and flowers embossed with pearls. Last night the queen was the hostess and she used a simpler dress and more important jewelry.

As much as some obsess, the Spanish Royal House will not adopt customs that are from other countries, unless they visit those countries .

The men have lowered the dress codes, they no longer wear morning suits, hats or gloves, military uniforms ... why should women wear hats and gloves?... Traditionally the use of decorations and the choice of one or the other jewelry was linked to the type of dress code ... in some monarchies every time they make stranger mixtures, because the dress codes are reduced but they want to keep certain adornments.

No one was looking for Letizia to go dressed as a Christmas tree :previous:

To me she looked absolutely perfect. Being elegant is also being able to wear something suiting the occasion and the people around you. She still was the top dog / the Queen yet she did not need to make it even more obvious. To me she struck the perfect balance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom