Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 22: August 2010-June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The DoE as jewelry designer

The DoE also designed a bracelet for HM for an occasion early in their marriage -- perhaps his wedding gift to her. I can't remember who executed the design, nor can I remember anything other than it was yellow gold with gemstones. Anyone have a photo?

Update: Boucheron made a gold, sapphire, diamond and ruby bracelet made by Boucheron to Prince Philip’s design. It was given to The Queen on their fifth wedding anniversary and incorporates the interlaced initials ‘E’ and ‘P’. I'm still unable to find a photo.

Here ya go!
Royal Collection - Dress for the Occasion

Ask and you shall receive! Thank you, ladongas.

I didn't notice this before-- very nice collection of HM's dresses:

Royal Collection - Dress for the Occasion

I am honored to announce that the Queen and I have something in common. We both have a large collection of no-longer-worn gowns that are too small and too revealing for us to wear any longer.

Last edited:
For "skintight, sexy gowns" - substitute "maturity, sense of humour, wisdom" ... and much more.

God save the queen on this her 59th year of her reign

Amen, Royal Fan. May she reign for many more years.

I really love how she and her designers worked to match her regal look to the places she was visiting, and their occasions. Well done. There's no one else like Queen Elizabeth, long indeed may she reign.

Queen Elizabeth II walks along the platform at Kings Lynn Railway Station in Norfolk, before boarding the train to London. February 07, 2011

BelgaPicture - Category details

....And I am enjoying them! Thank you so much for this link, gfg02.

Queen Elizabeth has received His Excellency Mr Hernan A. Couturier the Ambassador of Peru and His Excellency
Mr Garvin Nicholas the High Commissioner of Trinidad and Tobago during private meetings at Buckingham Palace,
February 10, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

HM is looking extremely smart and regal today. Love her red dress...

Love her in red! Agreeed, she looks wonderful!

HM is looking extremely smart and regal today. Love her red dress...
Yes it's very rich on HM isn't it?

Love the pics of the Duke! His mother was rather lovely.

Queen Elizabeth received Mrs Baktygul Kalambekova, Ambassador of The Kyrgyz
Republic and Mr Amar Abba, The Ambassador of Algeria, during audiences at
Buckingham Palace, London, February 15, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

What a great color on HM! Interesting national dress on her visitors!

Last edited by a moderator:

Spring is already there if you look at the Queen and her dresses, that's great :)

Today, February 17, Queen Elizabeth has met pupils at King's Court First
School, in Old Windsor, Berkshire, on the occasion of its 50th anniversary.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **

She is great with the kids isn't she? And I love that outfit, especially the hat, and the pink color!

Today, February 17, Queen Elizabeth has met pupils at King's Court First School, in Old Windsor, Berkshire, on the occasion of its 50th anniversary.
** Pic 1 **
That is probably the most relaxed pose I have ever seen HM ever in!

I would expect young children to be daunted by her. But I find that on most of these occasions they are happy to be in her company, and get upset when she has to go.
Thanks for the pics! I love the smile on her face when she is looking at the crowns the kids have made like ' Good replica of what I have at home!" And the awe on the children's faces!
Like I say I would expect young ones to be timid and shy, but she seems to have great " Granny" skills! Which makes sense, after all she is a Granny!

I would expect young children to be daunted by her. But I find that on most of these occasions they are happy to be in her company, and get upset when she has to go.

I would imagine at such a young age they would be most likely to see HM as a loving grandmother type or the benevolent queen of fairy tales. Also in these recent pictures I noticed that the theme was "castles". I would love to know what questions those children asked HM about HER castles. Seems too that they designed a few crowns for HM. Maybe she'll consider them for designing Kate's tiara for the wedding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom