Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 27: June 2018 - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone would have a problem with the Queen making a speech from a castle or palace. Everyone knows that's where she lives! You could argue that politicians shouldn't be asking people not to panic buy when they're hardly likely to be going short of anything, and no-one's said that. I think it'd be reassuring. The anti-royalists would moan, but they moan about everything!

This is the time when we need our Royal Family to be visible on TV. We expect them to speak to the nation and the Commonwealth,to show they stand with us in this time of international crisis. That they understand and share with us because they are as vulnerable as any of us.

It isn't like WWII when Churchill had to all but sit on King George who wanted to go ashore with the troops on D-Day. It was to dangerous. Now the danger is here, in each of our countries and if ever we needed our spirits lifted and our spines stiffened, it is now!

I don't think anyone would have a problem with the Queen making a speech from a castle or palace. Everyone knows that's where she lives! You could argue that politicians shouldn't be asking people not to panic buy when they're hardly likely to be going short of anything, and no-one's said that. I think it'd be reassuring. The anti-royalists would moan, but they moan about everything!

Anyone that has a problem, they can just deal with it. The Queen usually has her timing down perfectly.......I'm not sure when the exact moment is, but I suspect given the photos/videos of Broadway market being packed and reports of gyms, etc.. still being packed, that that moment is soon. Even though I'm an American, I find HM to be extremely reassuring as well.

Court Circular 25th March:
Windsor Castle

The Rt Hon Boris Johnson, MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury) had an audience of The Queen via telephone this evening.

The Queen held her weekly Audience with the Prime Minister today by telephone. Her Majesty - pictured this evening at Windsor Castle - has held a weekly Audience with her Prime Minister throughout her reign.

Last edited:
Now, with Charles being diagnoses as positive for coronavirus, I imagine that every precaution necessary is being taken and the Queen very closely being monitored for any sign of infection. Windsor Castle, being situated where it is, is perfect for isolation. The Queen can still enjoy the outdoors and ride should she want to around the estate without coming in contact with too many people.

Both HM and Philip are in the best possible place they could be and hopefully will emerge from all this none the worse for wear. Perhaps this year HM will include a Queen's message for Easter mirroring the one she does at Christmas time.

Osipi I like that idea. An Easter message at this time should be well received.

Court Circular 25th March:
Windsor Castle

The Rt Hon Boris Johnson, MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury) had an audience of The Queen via telephone this evening.

The weekly audience is only when parliament is sitting. In July and August there is usually one such audience - when the PM visits Balmoral. There is also rarely an audience from mid-December to mid-February while the Queen is at Sandringham.

The weekly audience is only when parliament is sitting. In July and August there is usually one such audience - when the PM visits Balmoral. There is also rarely an audience from mid-December to mid-February while the Queen is at Sandringham.

The royal reporters are saying they have them over the phone when either is out of London, but they are not listed in the Court Circular. This is a different situation so they are listing them.

My guess is that they are going it this way to show that the Queen is healthy and so that people know that the monarch and prime minister are in constant contact.

The royal reporters are saying they have them over the phone when either is out of London, but they are not listed in the Court Circular. This is a different situation so they are listing them.

My guess is that they are going it this way to show that the Queen is healthy and so that people know that the monarch and prime minister are in constant contact.

They may talk but the official audience is only required when parliament is sitting.

I have seen so many things written by so called 'royal experts' that goes against all the research I have done over the years (including actually writing and asking the palace and the people living there) that I have come to the opinion that most royal reporters have no idea what is happening and simply make it up.

Court Circular 31st March:
Windsor Castle

The Lady Elizabeth Shakerley has been appointed a Commander of the Royal Victorian Order by The Queen today and has received the Insignia.

She deserves it ! A great and repectful Lady who knows a lot of Royals.

Court Circular 1st April:
Windsor Castle

The Rt. Hon. Boris Johnson MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury) had an audience of The Queen via telephone this evening.

I know this was discussed and then moved to the General thread but reporters saying this is the 5th time she’ll have spoken:

- 1991 Gulf War
- 1997 Diana’s Funeral
- 2002 Queen Mums Funeral
- 2012 Diamond Jubilee

I love that she’s got a photo of her beloved father beside her, that famous one of him giving that 1939 speech. I think it speaks volumes about how HM sees this fight - and we will prevail.

Yes indeed. A symbol of resilience in adversity. And of hope. And of comfort in having a long historical perspective.

An argument for monarchy if ever one was needed.

I love that she’s got a photo of her beloved father beside her, that famous one of him giving that 1939 speech. I think it speaks volumes about how HM sees this fight - and we will prevail.

Isn't that a pic from her Christmas speech of 2019? It looks like Christmas decorations on the side and last years she wore the Albert sapphire broosh to it.

Court Circular 3rd April:
Windsor Castle

The Queen held a Council via video link at 12.30pm.

There were present: the Rt Hon Jacob Rees-Mogg MP (Lord President), the Rt Hon Robert Buckland MP (Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice), the Baroness Evans of Bowes Park (Leader of the House of Lords and Lord Privy Seal) and the Rt Hon. Michael Gove MP (Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster).

Mr Richard Tilbrook was in attendance as Clerk of the Council.

Court Circular 8th April:
Windsor Castle

The Archbishop of Canterbury had an audience of The Queen via telephone this afternoon.

By command of Her Majesty, Mr Alistair Harrison (Marshal of the Diplomatic Corps) telephoned His Excellency Mr Datuk Mohamad Sadik Bin Kethergany this afternoon in order to bid farewell to His Excellency upon relinquishing his appointment as High Commissioner for Malaysia in London.

Court Circular 17th April:
Windsor Castle

Mr Ferris Ash has been awarded the Royal Victorian Medal (Silver) by The Queen today and has received the Medal.

Court Circular 22nd April:
Windsor Castle

The Rt Hon Boris Johnson MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury) had an audience of The Queen via telephone this evening.

Court Circular 29th April:
Windsor Castle

The Rt Hon Boris Johnson MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury) had an audience of The Queen via telephone this evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Court Circular 5th May:
Windsor Castle

The Hon. Scott Morrison MP (Prime Minister of the Commonwealth of Australia) had an audience of The Queen via telephone this morning.

Court Circular 6th May:
Windsor Castle

Court Circular 12th May:
Windsor Castle

Professor Kathleen McCourt (President, Commonwealth Nurses and Midwives Federation, and Fellow, Royal College of Nursing) had an audience of The Queen, Patron, Royal College of Nursing, via telephone today on the occasion of International Nurses Day.

Court Circular 13th May:
Windsor Castle

The Rt. Hon. Boris Johnson MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury) had an audience of The Queen via telephone this evening.

Court Circular 18th May:
Windsor Castle

The Rt. Hon. Justin Trudeau MP (Prime Minister of Canada) had an audience of The Queen via telephone this afternoon.

Court Circular 20th May:
Windsor Castle

The Queen held a Council via telephone at 11.25am.

There were present: the Rt Hon Jacob Rees-Mogg MP (Lord President), the Rt Hon Robert Jenrick MP (Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government), the Rt Hon Gavin Williamson MP (Secretary of State for Education) and the Rt Hon Edward Young (Private Secretary to The Queen).

Mr Richard Tilbrook was in attendance as Clerk of the Council.

The Rt Hon Boris Johnson MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury) had an audience of Her Majesty via telephone this evening.

Court Circular 27th May:
Windsor Castle

General Sir Nicholas Carter (Chief of the Defence Staff) had a Meeting with The Queen via video link today.

The Rt Hon Boris Johnson MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury) had an audience of Her Majesty via telephone this evening.

It's idiotic to repeat myself but I cannot help but continue to be amazed at HM's workload. It's not like chatting to family and friends but diplomacy on a State level. She is still as sharp as she ever was and for the PM and his Ministers she is a walking, talking compendium of the history of the subtle nuances of the real relationship between other Countries and the UK. She is a rare treasure.

Court Circular 2nd June:
Windsor Castle

The Rt Hon Brandon Lewis MP (Secretary of State for Northern Ireland) had an audience of The Queen via telephone this afternoon.

Court Circular 3rd June:
Windsor Castle

The Rt Hon Arlene Foster MLA (First Minister of Northern Ireland) had an audience of The Queen via telephone today.

Mrs Michelle O’Neill MLA (Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland) had an audience of Her Majesty via telephone this afternoon.

Court Circular 4th June:
Windsor Castle

The Queen and The Princess Royal, President, Carers Trust, today spoke to Mr Gareth Howells (Chief Executive Officer) and four carers.

Court Circular 5th June:
Windsor Castle

Dr Christian Turner (British High Commissioner to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan) had an audience with The Queen today via telephone in connection with the Commonwealth Points of Light Award.

Court Circular 10th June:
Windsor Castle

Today is the Ninety-Ninth Anniversary of the Birthday of The Duke of Edinburgh.

Court Circular 17th June:
Windsor Castle

By command of Her Majesty, Mr. Alistair Harrison (Marshal of the Diplomatic Corps) telephoned Her Excellency Pengiran Rooslina Weti Pengiran Kamaludin this morning in order to bid farewell to Her Excellency upon relinquishing her appointment as High Commissioner for Brunei Darussalam in London.

H.M.The Queen made a video call to members of the Armed Forces to hear first hand about their work at home and over seas.

I love that she's doing video calls! Strange times.

H.M.The Queen made a video call to members of the Armed Forces to hear first hand about their work at home and over seas.

Good to see HM continue to carry out engagements or hold conversations using video conferencing.

The Queen is a gem isn't she. You can see so clearly how much she enjoys talking to people and that she does her homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom