Princess Madeleine Jewellery 1: Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
whem did she use the aqua bandue tiara last time before last night?

I apreciate theat she is playing around with the placement of the bandeau, but it does not flatter her facial shape, imho.

Isn't that the same bracelet she wore for her wedding?

edit: according to my information the last time she wore the bandeau was at the State Visit from Romania in March 2008.

Last edited:
I appreciate her trying the tiara in a different way too. I don't mind it too much but I hope we won't see this look too often. It is a great first tiara for a younger princess though.

Madeleine attended the 2000 and the 2002 Nobel Prizes, therefore most likely she went to the Nobel dinner the day after. I could not find any photos so you may be missing 2 photos of her wearing a tiara.

It does not appear that the kids attended in 2002: Forhåndsvisning | Scanpix

The photos I've found from 2000 so far don't show enough for me to see if any of the kids are there, but it doesn't appear that Madeleine attended in 2000 either.

It is even the question if this eh... aquamarine 'creation' qualifies for being classified as "a tiara, a diadem". It looks só poor in imagination, in craftmanship and in design. Even the Stuart Diamond or the Koh-i-Noor worn like that would remain most peculiar. The best solution: use the aquamarine for a nice pendant or as a broche. Destroy the rest.

As it came to Sweden with Crown Princess / Queen Louise they will definitely not change anything at all with this bandeau.

Even if i don't like it i think Madeleines outing of it yesterday was her best so far. She wore it the way it is meant to be worn.

The tiara is by no way my favourite but I think it looks ok when worn higher up in the hair and not on the forehead as Madeleine just did at this event.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HUmYzN6np.../z1NCz3Oxbik/s1600/Swedish-Royal-Family-1.jpg

eg in the picture far right it looks really nice on her.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-g7Gf3sgkqRo/UaOIWfIztEI/AAAAAAAAXEU/sHwsg0NgpJ4/s640/_band3.jpg

I think it was nice how she wore, it's a nice change from the typical way it's worn in the past.

Madeline wears the bandeau very nicely. Not everyone can get away with that.

As it came to Sweden with Crown Princess / Queen Louise they will definitely not change anything at all with this bandeau.

I agree, it seems that the SRF does not like to make severe permanent changes to their heirloom jewels. The bandeau will stay as it is.

The tiara is by no way my favourite but I think it looks ok when worn higher up in the hair and not on the forehead as Madeleine just did at this event.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HUmYzN6np.../z1NCz3Oxbik/s1600/Swedish-Royal-Family-1.jpg

eg in the picture far right it looks really nice on her.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-g7Gf3sgkqRo/UaOIWfIztEI/AAAAAAAAXEU/sHwsg0NgpJ4/s640/_band3.jpg
Usually I prefer up-does for tiara events, but I like the second picture with the curly hair best. Though that would only work for a very young lady.

There is something I found odd about the recent appearance. The tiara was placed in a 1920s style, but her hair was in a completely different style. In the 20s a lady wouldn't have worn such sleek pulled back hair. I somehow think that it didn't harmonise properly. In my eyes the placement of the bandeau made Madeleine's face look very round and wide.

This diamond ring she wore in 2007 looks beautiful:

1 2

never seen that necklace before some rubies?
looks like a two row necklace with the lock of diamoands and rubies

I agree - It looks like a two strand shorter necklace of pearls that she's wearing as one longer strand, with the other half of the clasp being behind her neck.

I agree - It looks like a two strand shorter necklace of pearls that she's wearing as one longer strand, with the other half of the clasp being behind her neck.

This is similar to how Silvia wore necklace at Victoria's christening.

To me it looks like a fancy bola. Not saying that it is but it might be. It's a kind of pregnancy jewelry you wear that has a bell in the ball near the tummy and you continue wearing it when the kid is born which reportedly gives the kid a familiar sound from inside the belly to calm them even when all the water/intestant sounds get taken away from them.

ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1430345770.242457.jpg It doesn't really look like a bell to me?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I kind of agree. They are usually a "ball". But it's so hard to see :p

Oh it's that ball thing you've talking about. I didn't really know so I saw a real bell hanging from her neck... Yes I've seen those. I think my aunts had one each in the 80s

I think it is the clasp of the pearl necklace. I looks like a pink stone surrounded by diamonds.

pic cropped to less of 20% and free of copyright

Oh it's that ball thing you've talking about. I didn't really know so I saw a real bell hanging from her neck... Yes I've seen those. I think my aunts had one each in the 80s

Haha, yeah :p That was what I was talkjing about. But I agree that in closeups it looks more like a clasp or a pendant

Great find, Sarahbellar! Even if it is partly hidden it is quite obvious that this must be a pearl necklace with a jewelled clasp. Nice to see it worn on another event. I quite like these long necklaces and hope that Madeleine will wear it frequently.

Not much jewlery tonight
But Madeleine wore her mothers flower earings

The jewels Madeleine wore at the wedding:

1 2

It's wonderful that she wore her wedding jewels to her brother's wedding. The earrings and bracelet are especially stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom