Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 6: January 2007 - February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KathaFD said:
I coluldn´t find any pictures of Madeleine. Can you give a directlink to the photos?

BrunoPress - Showbiz News and put in princess madeleine and many pictures come up

I loved her coat, the dress. she looked amazing like always!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Pink dress was fabulous and look really great on her, IMO that dress was made for her and that is important when we are chossing a dress.
The coat she wear on saturday afternoon was not warm enough in my opinion!It was -20 degrees!!!!!

I totally agree with you on the coat not being warm enough but the one she wore the night before was beautiful but did not seem warm either.

jspate said:
I totally agree with you on the coat not being warm enough but the one she wore the night before was beautiful but did not seem warm either.

Maybe she wore silk thermals under they keep you very warm.

you mean that while madeleine was wearing that short dress it was -20 degrees?

Aline said:
you mean that while madeleine was wearing that short dress it was -20 degrees?

She wasn't outside for very long. Just enough to walk from the car to the building and then back again. I've worn skirts/dresses that length in the winter time, but only when I know I won't be spending a long time outside.

That is princess live.

Poor princess, she had absolutely frozen carrying out the duties.

:ROFLMAO:

seto said:
Maybe she wore silk thermals under they keep you very warm.

How is she going to wear silk thermals underneath the pink dress?

jspate said:
Not under the dress but under the grey coat she wear saturday afternoon during the walk in the snow!That grey coat doesn't seams to be very warm having in consideration that it was so cold!

jspate said:

I meant under the grey coat.

yeah, well I was talking about the pink dress she wore and it was short sleeves and the coat did not seem warm at all. with the grey coat she looked a little warmer.

biboquinhas said:
I think the Pink dress was fabulous and look really great on her, IMO that dress was made for her and that is important when we are chossing a dress.

Maybe that dress was appropriate for miss Madde Bernadotte but in my humble opinon it was no appropriate dress for Her Royal Highness Madeleine Thérèse Amélie Joséphine Princess of Sweden, Duchess of Gästrikland and Hälsingland.

I hope that the difference between the two is seen. If not, then the difference between being a 'celeb' and being a member of a royal or aristocratic family is gone.

Princess Madeleine has somewhat lost that line out of the eye.

Henri M. said:
I hope that the difference between the two is seen. If not, then the difference between being a 'celeb' and being a member of a royal or aristocratic family is gone.

I was trying to point out the same exact thing with Mabel.;)

Alisa said:
I was trying to point out the same exact thing with Mabel.;)

No, with Mabel it is her choice of couturiers while with Madeleine it is also her fake-looking suntan, her use of lipgloss, her Paris Hilton-style hairdo and the strange barbie-way she placed her diademe.

Henri M. said:
the strange barbie-way she placed her diademe.

The strange barbie-way she placed her diademe? Henri, please do explain yourself.

ZandraRae said:
The strange barbie-way she placed her diademe? Henri, please do explain yourself.

No I can not explain it. It is just my initial feeling when seeing this picture.
This is Barbie.

Compare the same diademe on this picture.
This is not Barbie.

But of course, everyone likes or dislikes it on his/her own way. I do not meant it negatively.
:flowers:

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
No I can not explain it. It is just my initial feeling when seeing this picture.
This is Barbie.

This is not Barbie.

But of course, everyone likes or dislikes it on his/her own way. I do not meant it negatively.
I agree with you.
On the first pics it looks strange like not on her hair but little on air. On the second it's much much better.
Btw not only her tiara looks on this first photo like Barbie. Sometimes I think that Madeleine looks a little bit like Barbie.

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
This is Barbie.

This is not Barbie.

I know you didn't mean it negatively. :flowers: I guess what makes the first picture look strange is maybe her hair? It seems more blonde than in the second picture and also in the first one it is down. And I know how you feel about hair Henri. :lol:

Wrong way

She looks like Paris Hilton 2 wears that pink dress.
Really why need to keep way of #2’s if you was born be #1.
Next she can do, like Britney Spears, cut her beautiful hair and that way took a lot of attention.
:wacko:

ZandraRae said:
I know you didn't mean it negatively. :flowers: I guess what makes the first picture look strange is maybe her hair? It seems more blonde than in the second picture and also in the first one it is down. And I know how you feel about hair Henri. :lol:

Yes the hairdo in Oslo ruïned the whole appearance.
I thought the second picture with the hairdo up, and for the rest exactly the same jewels resulted in a most poised and elegant and sophisticated appearance.

Madeleine's appearance in Oslo was everything except sophisticated.

Henri M. said:
Madeleine's appearance in Oslo was everything except sophisticated.

She looked VERY sophisticated in that dark blue dress the night of the ball. It fit her well, her hair was gorgeous and the tiara was lovely. Sophistication does not equal "hair up". You can wear your hair down neatly and look just as good as someone who has it piled on top of their head. Or is there some rule that says royals can only be sophisticated if they don't wear their hair loose. And can you tell me what's wrong with lipgloss? As a woman, this interests me greatly. Is wearing lipgloss the sign of some negative character trait or something? Are princesses not allowed to wear lip gloss?

Last edited:
In favor of Madeleine I will say she is young, hot and snexxy (princess by deffinition are not usually hot and snexyy lol), remember she is only 23, that is a decade younger of many other princesses; so her looks should be young, make up hair and all. I think she has a lot of sense of style, unlike her sister, who looks like a secretarian mosst of the times and we rarely see her beautiful hair

I think we would have to be severe on her if she, in look for elegancy end up looking like her mother, if you didnt like the hair fine well she cant win them all

And to henri M, more than Barbie it made me think of her as Miss Sweden :p, but she looked really beautiful

avrilo said:
In favor of Madeleine I will say she is young, hot and snexxy (princess by deffinition are not usually hot and snexyy lol), remember she is only 23, that is a decade younger of many other princesses; so her looks should be young, make up hair and all. I think she has a lot of sense of style, unlike her sister, who looks like a secretarian mosst of the times and we rarely see her beautiful hair

I think we would have to be severe on her if she, in look for elegancy end up looking like her mother, if you didnt like the hair fine well she cant win them all

And to henri M, more than Barbie it made me think of her as Miss Sweden :p, but she looked really beautiful

I agree, she's only 3 days younger than I am. People are coming down on her, IMO, far too severely. She looked great the night of the concert, but she would have looked even better if the dress was longer. She looked downright dreamy the night of the ball. And I'm still confused about what the problem with lipgloss is. She wasn't wearing fire-engine red or some outrageous color...it looked like a pinky-nude color. Is that not appropriate or something?

We are still discussing the pink dress and style? My first association was this lady
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/8880/mispigbl6.jpg
Sorry folks...bash my brain for it ;)
She is not 23, but 24 and will turn 25 this year. And as someone, who is self out of the year 1982, I think it´s slowly time to dress a bit down. But that should be of course up to everyone. And some women never do it (auntie Birgitta for example)

Well, at least women like Madeleine and Mabel give us and the tabloids an entertaining time :lol:
One should though note, that Madeleine and Mabel are in the Royal ranking quite different. Mabel´s husband is even not a member of the Dutch Royal House...while Madeleine is third in line to the Swedish throne and seems to aim a life in the cosy nest of taxpayer´s Disneyland :rolleyes:

Funny picture Lena. I agree Madeleine needs to dress down a bit. For the most part, her gowns are beautiful, she just needs not to show so much cleavage at times. As for lipgloss, I like it and wear it myself. It helps to prevent chapped lips, among other things.

Sister Morphine said:
Is wearing lipgloss the sign of some negative character trait or something? Are princesses not allowed to wear lip gloss?

When you have an interview about your application for a serious job in a serious company, I would recommend ladies not to wear lipgloss. But the same counts for make-up and lipstick in general.

A fresh, clean and healthy looking face without a layer of pancake, lipgloss and blusher is appreciated in most companies. What is seen as 'decent' in serious companies, should also apply on serious public figures, I would think. The trick is to use foundation or whatever in such a manner that another person hardly can see you have used foundation.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway is a timeless beauty. She uses make-up as well but in a most natural way. She is giving the right example.

Last edited:
Hm, maybe it´s for this little OT discussion important to know, where one is coming from. Here in middle Europe lip gloss is something for kids and teenagers. It was more popular in the late 90ties, but also more for younger women.
And here I´d indeed agree with HenriM...don´t apply to a new job with heavy Makeup. The emphasis is on "heavy", because most women wear Make-up...but also most wear it so, that it isn´t directly noticeable...and this is, what Make-up (IMHO!) should be. It should make you looking better, but not fake! And this is also, what most ppl feel attracted to. There are of course exceptions and some job descriptions even ask for heavy Make-up.

And to get back to Madeleine...I´ve a hard time to say, if Lipgloss is appropriate for her. I´ve noted, that this "Barbie style" seems quite spread in Sweden...esp. Stockholm. So maybe she is just representing her country. After all these pink and light blue dresses and peeling skin through tanning and her dark hair roots and heavy cake Make-up and plastic claws...ehm...nails, I´d wish, she would represent (IMO!) more stylish countries (like France) every now and then :wacko: Where has the cute and natural 15 and 16 year old Madeleine gone :sad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom