Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 5: May - October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kartheina said:
As for the use of her journalist photos vs. princess photos to compare her weight… Maybe, it would have been good also to check photos from her field reporting days since I would imagine that her workload then (with all the travelling) is more comparable to what she has now – as opposed to her days as a newscaster, which was sort of a desk job. I remember seeing photos of her covering the Prestige oil spill and if I remember correctly, she looked thinner then than now – I could be wrong though!

You make great points here kartheina. I've done some research around the forum and found the below pictures that show Letizia in the field in her time as a reporter

Letizia and her sisters in swim suits as teenagers

http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=00125vm.jpg

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=semttulo137jt.jpg

Letizia on the field

http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=00260dk.jpg

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=69994&d=1103713140

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=69991&d=1103713092

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=semttulo318xc.jpg

http://img209.echo.cx/img209/531/27anos6cb.jpg

http://img41.imageshack.us/my.php?image=larra8gz.jpg

(Sources - letiziaortiz.tk, Diez Minutos, El Mundo and ABC)

The topic of Letizia's weight is something, im afraid to say, will follow her all her life, or at least until Leonor take the attention of the media from her. I just want to add that Letizia is a person that is loved by her husband and family, so she will probably be taken care of if she had some problems. This topic is for sure frustrating for her as it is difficult to follow her agenda and deal with all these.

RhapsodyBrat said:
you're welcome kartheina. ;) btw, i edited my post to inlcude the entire translation of the article.

i think it's great that Princess Letizia is aware of these "rumors" and that she has responded to these herself. it prevents any further speculation, and i do hope that the press, or anyone for that matter, will respect the Princess' words. :)

Noted on the entire translated article :) Also, I share your hope for the Princess' words to be respected. She deserves to be given the benefit of the doubt.

Meredith said:
You make great points here kartheina. I've done some research around the forum and found the below pictures that show Letizia in the field in her time as a reporter

Meredith, thanks for looking for all those photos. Although the degree of her thinness in some of them can be debatable due to the quality of the still captures, they all show that she's really been thin her whole life. All throughout, there might have been slight changes in her weight but then, she was constantly thin.

soCal girl said:
A lot of people do lose more weight after pregnancy, just look at Kelly Ripa who is a lot thinner post-babies. Letizia is in the public eye and traveling so it makes sense that she wants to look her best. But Leonor is her first kid so she doesn't have little toddlers to fun after.

True that Letizia doesn't have a toddler to run around after and a home to take care of in addition to a newborn the way my aunt did, but Letizia's schedule post-baby was certainly much more hectic than my aunt's would've been. My aunt had 14 months off in total and during that time mostly her schedule consisted of taking my cousin to and from junior kindergarten, which is half the morning during which time she went to a mother's group. She could rest in the afternoon when everyone went down for a nap.

While Letizia took some time off after having Leonor, she certainly didn't take 14 months off and she has kept up a fairly busy schedule still, so I doubt she's having daily afternoon naps either.

I think what we have to realize as while we may think she is too thin for our liking she only knows what she wants to weigh. A lot of women don't feel comfortable carrying more weight. I have a friend who I think looks good with more weight she on the other hand feels uncomfortable heavier. :)

Last edited:
Letizia does not reign, but gobiernaMatías Valle's Friday, 18 of August of 2006 size of the text the Queen is in a centric palmesana jewelry shop, conversing with the employees. Her daughter-in-law has distracted in the outside, contemplating showcases. Suddenly, Letizia enters the commerce and, without mediating word, it announces: "we go away". Sofía of Greece puts face of circumstances, because nobody has received a greeting in conditions, and the fixed order is fulfilled. Princess de Asturias has gained inflexible and authoritarian fame of. Equipped with a little usual energy, she nevertheless transforms those rigidities into an attractiveness facing the masses. If the wife of Felipe de Borbón does not appear in an act summoned in Balears, the local assistants as soon as they manage to disguise his deception. She has monopolized the Royal Family, with the risk of eclipsar it. Letizia does not reign, but it governs. The day in which it assumes the two verbal forms, they will jump tipsy. At least, Reina has been able to modify atuendo slightly principesco. The woman who this summer has appeared with one rebeca in the Club Nautical - to almost forty degrees in the shade -, has infected of the comfort of the typical canvas shoes menorquinas, of which her Leonor daughter has a complete catalogue. And in winter, when he visits his Asturian mother country with atuendos more logically winter, it wears the Camper Majorcans, although that is only able to look itself like the ex- Chinese president, Jiang Zemin, happy with shoes that the overflow of the originality found. Letizia polarizes the population, carries out the discussions, generates a Populism that would remember the cult to Avoids, if Majorca had the minimum predisposition for the adoration of the prophets. The journalist never thought that she would have a work whose fundamental function was reproductive, but is lost no a self-confidence apex and is it proud that all the country has an opinion defined on her, when nobody loses a second judging to the husband of Isabel II, comoquiera that is called. The Princess has created frictions in the Royal Family. In fact, she had tightened any group in which she had been herself immersed. She does not shut up herself, has tried to separate Felipe de Borbón of friendships that did not consider to its height, is very probable that she has influenced to him ideologically. The use of Letizia was life until the last century, in which the divorce was dominated the European real houses. In return, this same relaxation smoothed its arrival to the Royal Family. The duel between those who assured that they would not fold it and who they trusted his assimilation, is had displaced in Majorca towards the seconds. Its official task consists of infecting of normality its husband, but the flow often works in inverse sense. And it recognizes that you had not read up to here, to be about any other member of the Royal Family or any other familiar organization.
http://www.elconfidencial.com/gente/indice.asp?id=2831&edicion=18/08/2006&pass=

infanteleonor said:
Letizia does not reign, but gobiernaMatías Valle's Friday, 18 of August of 2006 size of the text the Queen is in a centric palmesana jewelry shop, conversing with the employees. Her daughter-in-law has distracted in the outside, contemplating showcases. Suddenly, Letizia enters the commerce and, without mediating word, it announces: "we go away". Sofía of Greece puts face of circumstances, because nobody has received a greeting in conditions, and the fixed order is fulfilled. Princess de Asturias has gained inflexible and authoritarian fame of. Equipped with a little usual energy, she nevertheless transforms those rigidities into an attractiveness facing the masses. If the wife of Felipe de Borbón does not appear in an act summoned in Balears, the local assistants as soon as they manage to disguise his deception. She has monopolized the Royal Family, with the risk of eclipsar it. Letizia does not reign, but it governs. The day in which it assumes the two verbal forms, they will jump tipsy. At least, Reina has been able to modify atuendo slightly principesco. The woman who this summer has appeared with one rebeca in the Club Nautical - to almost forty degrees in the shade -, has infected of the comfort of the typical canvas shoes menorquinas, of which her Leonor daughter has a complete catalogue. And in winter, when he visits his Asturian mother country with atuendos more logically winter, it wears the Camper Majorcans, although that is only able to look itself like the ex- Chinese president, Jiang Zemin, happy with shoes that the overflow of the originality found. Letizia polarizes the population, carries out the discussions, generates a Populism that would remember the cult to Avoids, if Majorca had the minimum predisposition for the adoration of the prophets. The journalist never thought that she would have a work whose fundamental function was reproductive, but is lost no a self-confidence apex and is it proud that all the country has an opinion defined on her, when nobody loses a second judging to the husband of Isabel II, comoquiera that is called. The Princess has created frictions in the Royal Family. In fact, she had tightened any group in which she had been herself immersed. She does not shut up herself, has tried to separate Felipe de Borbón of friendships that did not consider to its height, is very probable that she has influenced to him ideologically. The use of Letizia was life until the last century, in which the divorce was dominated the European real houses. In return, this same relaxation smoothed its arrival to the Royal Family. The duel between those who assured that they would not fold it and who they trusted his assimilation, is had displaced in Majorca towards the seconds. Its official task consists of infecting of normality its husband, but the flow often works in inverse sense. And it recognizes that you had not read up to here, to be about any other member of the Royal Family or any other familiar organization.
http://www.elconfidencial.com/gente/indice.asp?id=2831&edicion=18/08/2006&pass=

I do not like at all this article I think only that it is perfect but only overpowered is always letizia and still letizia it is the kind of article which is not used in the content for nothing and which is only used to criticize in the content in what the way of getting dressed with a person can disturb you

infanteleonor said:
I do not like at all this article I think only that it is perfect but only overpowered is always letizia and still letizia it is the kind of article which is not used in the content for nothing and which is only used to criticize in the content in what the way of getting dressed with a person can disturb you

I do not understand the determination in copying the articles of El Confidencial, always they are equal, and in summer they are intensified (it seems that they do not have another thing that to write). Last summer was a daily article against Letizia, this year less, but they follow the same line. There is nothing new.

They might leave Letizia in peace and to worry for more serious things. The King seems that already is not in Majorca, how he does always, but he is not in Galicia that is where he should be with the catastrophe that they have passed there with the fires, which criticize it, ...:wacko:

Already that in El Confidencialare an antimonarchy, and this determination does not stop being surprising in criticizing Letizia always. Probably be that they are afraid to this aptitude to drag the people, capacity that limits itself to not doing anything, because the interest that she provokes is not because she makes anything special. If without doing anything she obtains the attention, that she will obtain if she does it?

Those who did not know but The Crown Princess Of Spain is the first spanish woman to marry a spanish heir-apparent .She will become the first spanish born queen.

Next Star said:
Those who did not know but The Crown Princess Of Spain is the first spanish woman to marry a spanish heir-apparent .She will become the first spanish born queen.
Yes, and she is (I think so) the first Princess of Asturias who was born in Asturias :)

Next Star said:

It is not exact.

The majority of the queens colitigants have been foreign, in this moment only I remember an exception, at least between the most recent (there would be necessary to check very much the history), Sofia of Greece, Victoria Eugenia of England, Maria Cristina de Habsburgo...And the exception, Maria de las Mercedes of Orleans and Borbón, the first wife of the King Alfonso XII, reigned very a little time because she died because of a disease, but it is a figure that has stayed for the history, her life and her owners' history turned almost into legend and even there is a movie on her life.

Spain also has taken queens as a right as two Isabel, or the poor Juana, the Mad

Cisneros composes a bow for Princess de Asturias This piece of traditional dance, inspired by the paloteo and composed by a dulzainero of the Brotherhood of the Virgin of the Castle of the locality, will be released the 8 of September in the celebrations TO POUND GIMENO/PALENCIA Its Height Real Princess de Asturias, Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano, the past accepted month of July the position of waiter of honor of the Virgin of the Castle, thus responding affirmatively to the proposal that more of a year the Brotherhood ago of the Virgin of the Castle of Cisneros did to him, counting on the support of 400 companies and the approval of the City council and the Bishopric. The idea arose in the celebration of the Candles of 2005, in a Town hall of the Brotherhood where its disposition remembered to that Princess de Asturias accepted the position of waiter of honor of the Virgin of the Castle. "To the town of Cisneros and the brothers cofrades fills to us of pride", affirms the president-abbot of the same one, Good Pablo Jose. Brothers of this Brotherhood, with one releases history that surpasses the three hundred years and unquestionable love by traditions that surrounds the celebrations by the Virgin of the Castle, between which the dancers and the paloteo do not need, did not want nevertheless that the initiative was only thing hers, but of all the town. Indeed that interest and love by traditional and the that acceptance on the part of the Princess have ended at the composition of a bow dedicated specifically to her. "Like symbol of gratefulness to the Princess, we have created a bow that, made up of a dulzainero of the Brotherhood, is inspired by the art of the paloteo. With the name of the bow for the Princess, he is customized in her considering who is the maximum honor that Cisneros can pay a person ", assures to this metropolitan newspaper the abbot the Brotherhood, Good Pablo Jose. Indeed, the 8 of September, great day of the supervisory celebrations of Cisneros, is the date that has been chosen to release this piece because the locality considers that the celebration is something so important for the neighbors who deserve east gift, considering that is the suitable moment for the opening. In the same way, so and as it made specific Good Pablo yesterday Jose, the Brotherhood will ask for at the beginning of September hearing with the Princess. "If finally us it grants it, something who would fill to us of pride, we want to return to represent the bow, but it will be necessary to wait for the answer", comments. Also day 8, but in this occasion with the intention to continue with the tradition year after year, will give for the first time to two woods danced of the Virgin (of wood and engravings with the name) to a person and an institution who somehow have contributed to the development of the town. In this occasion, Sources will go destined to Manuel to have contributed to the well-being of the town and the Brotherhood and to the Cisneros Foundation of Venezuela, and in concrete to Gabriel Cisneros by the made investment and the firm bet by the culture, since it has published a book and a DVD on Cisneros Cardinal. of exceptional form. In the eagerness to bet by the development of the palentino municipality, the Brotherhood of exceptional form will give to the City council (and for the first time last) a danced wood of the Virgin. It will be the day of pregón of the celebrations, the 7 of September, when this wood is given that will go destined to the mayor of the municipality. "We also want to publicly thank for to the City council of Cisneros the support that we have received in this project of which all the town, beginning by the Consistorio, has become contributor of this honor for all", it assured the abbot the Brotherhood.

http://www.diariopalentino.es/secciones.cfm?secc=Vivir&id=347438

And three go: another summer without photos of the Princess in bath suit

It is the looked for photo more and it will continue being it, since this August they have not had luck either “paparazzi” that longs for to have in their objectives an image of Doña Letizia in bath suit while it refreshes in the Mediterranean. A summer plus the Princess has known to afloat stay thanks to the t-shirts and bermuda shorts that has taken and with the fireproof visor that it bought in his debut of the Majorcan summer and that must keep in some closet of the Palace of Marivent for “in the same way rescuing it” in its exits to the sea that Reina recovers its printed sets of blouse and trousers.
The Princess we have not seen it while it was sent to the water from some of the boats that the Royal Family uses, nor being toasted in cover as so many times have made their sisters-in-law, Infants Doña Elena and Doña Cristina, whose “baths” on the high seas yes have been caught by the cameras of the reporters and sights soon in the pages of newspapers or magazines. …

http://www.abc.es/20060906/gente-gente/tres-otro-verano-fotos_200609060256.html

Laviollette said:
I think it would be a good idea to scale back her schedule. Why does she have to be with Felipe all the time? Can't he make some appearances without her? I know she draws the crowds but he's a big boy. Give Letizia some time to herself and her family.

Has Letizia ever had an event (is that what it's called?) by herself? Like Mary and Maxima and other CPss that have seperate events (sometimes) from thier husbands?

Letizia once had a solo engagement, but it was because the prince has to live the country to go a funeral... sad but true

lis said:
Letizia once had a solo engagement, but it was because the prince has to live the country to go a funeral... sad but true

If we count that flag event she had two, the Prince was there with her but she was the godmother of the event and delivered her own speech...

Regards,
mtbcm :)

donnaK said:
Why did they always pick on Letizia ? Felipe has not been seen in swimming trunk for a very long time.

A new title:
Three years went by, another summer without the photos of the Prince in swimming trunk :lol: :lol:.
Or even better:
10 years went by, another summer without photos of the King in swimming trunk :lol: :lol:

Elsa M. said:
Or even better:
10 years went by, another summer without photos of the King in swimming trunk :lol: :lol:

There are pics of the King and Prince in swimming trunks?:ohmy: Does anyone have them?

Princess of Asturias will celebrate her 34 birthday tomorrow
Princess de Asturias will celebrate tomorrow in family, according to a spokesman of the House of the King, his 34 birthdays, first of Doña Letizia like mother.

The birthday of Princess de Asturias takes place month and means before her daughter, Infant Leonor, born the 31 of October of 2005 in Madrid, turns her first year.
http://213.0.95.34/secciones/noticia.jsp?pNumEjemplar=1650&pIdSeccion=1004&pIdNoticia=168959&rand=1158239082043

rchainho said:
is she going anywhere tomorrow?

Not, tomorrow there is no act. And since always it seems that they will celebrate it of discreet form with family or friends, they are not in the habit of making anything special. I wait that when it is the Leonor's first birthday, if we have something a bit more special, at least some new photo of the girl.:flowers:

lula said:
I wait that when it is the Leonor's first birthday, if we have something a bit more special, at least some new photo of the girl.:flowers:
Yeah! :ROFLMAO:
Maybe next year, we will see something special, because the Princess will celebrate her 35th birthday. I was wondering: the Infantas had something special in their 35th or 40th birthday? :ermm:
So we knew how many years we would wait to see birthday photos. :)

...JuAnItA... said:
Yeah! :ROFLMAO:
Maybe next year, we will see something special, because the Princess will celebrate her 35th birthday. I was wondering: the Infantas had something special in their 35th or 40th birthday? :ermm:
So we knew how many years we would wait to see birthday photos. :)

I believe that for 40 birthdays of the Infanta Elena there was a great party in the Zarzuela, but it was a private party, not publicly at all.

lula said:
I believe that for 40 birthdays of the Infanta Elena there was a great party in the Zarzuela, but it was a private party, not publicly at all.
What a shame! Anyway, i will believe we will see just a little photo.
Thank you, lula! :flowers:

From hola:
http://www.hola.com/actualidad/imgActualidad/index.html?currentDay=15-09-2006&currentImg=7

2lco29f.jpg

Princess Letizia turns 34 years.
The Princess of Asturias celebrates today her 34th birthday. The wife of Prince Felipe continues with her agenda of commitments anticipated for the new course and will spend probably this day with her family. This it is the first anniversary that the Princess will celebrate next to her first-born, Infanta Leonor, who is on the edge of turning a year.

From 20 minutos:

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/152871/0/#comentarios

Doña Letizia turns 34 years today and has the free day
Princess Doña Letizia turns 34 years today. This is her first birthday as a mother. And it takes place month and so before Infanta Leonor celebrates her own, next October 31st.
Today she has amanecido sun in Madrid, the Princess, to whom rain accompanies in the most important events of her life, has had luck. According to La Zarzuela informed to 20minutos.es the Princess will celebrate her birthday in the strictest privacy, in company of her relatives.
Tomorrow any other activity is predicted either, nor on Monday. It will not be until Tuesday when she goes to Granada to participate in a sponsorship act and gives of the flag of com bat of the frigate Alvaro of Bazan.
The following day, on Wednesdays, will go to the Cordovan locality of Lucena and the jienense of Andújar, where they will visit its respective city councils and they will support with his presence different enterprise initiatives. Tomorrow more data will be known probably on the celebration of the birthday.
The family of the Princess is not very inclined last years to speak with the press, but last year Paloma Rocasolano confessed that Doña Letizia offered a chocolate cake to her guests. Between flatteries that did to her there were some books.

Another article from hola:

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006/09/15/letizia-cumpleanios/

Princess Letizia turns 34 as a happy wife and mother.
Each birthday is sweeter for Princess Letizia, and comes accompanied with greater joys every time. They have passed four years after her first appointment completely without information with the Prince of Asturias; three after their commitment; two and so after the celebration of their wedding; almost two after her pregnancy… And, now, takes place her 34th anniversary, first one as a mother.
As it comes being tradition, the Royal House has not facilitated any activity on the deprived plans of Doña Letizia to celebrate her birthday. However, it's known that she will spend the day in the absolute familiar privacy and intimicy - in her residence, within the Palace of the Zarzuela, or in some other place; in company of her most beloved ones, blowing the candles of her pie next to her husband, Prince Felipe, and their little one, Infanta Leonor, who will fulfill her first year of life in more than month time, next October 31st.
(...)

Jaime Peñafiel has written a book about Letizia !!!!:ohmy:
The Book is entitled, " Letizia in Palace "

Peñafiel describes Letizia as a capricious woman, and a woman who does not know who is her rolec in the monarchy

Jaime Peñafiel's continuous worry for Letizia Ortiz's life

The veteran journalist has turned into an authentic scourge of the Royal House, especially from the commitment of Don Philip with "plebeian" one who monopolizes since then the areas

http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arts/56350.asp?tt=

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom