Princess Lalla Salma's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2005-March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little_star said:
From what I've seen of Lalla Salma she's not particularly beautiful, she has a nice wardrobe, which is hardly surprising, but her hair and make-up are a mess. She sometimes looks as though she's had a jar of flour thrown over her face! Moreover she doesn't hold herself properly and often seems quite stilted and awkward in photographs.
Frankly, in my opinion other females, in particular Lalla Meryem are so much more attractive and has a certain air in her manner that is sadly lacking from Salma. I

I have to agree, sorry Lalla. She has a big nose, big ears, a big forehead and a chin that seems to dissolve into her neck. And she wears her hair in ways that emphasize all of those features. And those big saggy kaftans make her head look small and throws her even more out of proportion. I like the kaftans that the Jordanian royal family wear. :)

I think that most of the posts on this thread miss the point of what makes Lalla Salma so gorgeous. She is one of those extremely rare, magnificent, redheaded women who are truly stunning. Granted, sometimes she doesn't use her best features for maximum effect, but when she does she is breathtakingly.

Lalla Salma is one of those women who aren't considered pretty or attractive because of their features are symmetrical or classically beautiful, which are some of the criteria many people, including myself, consider important. She is an exception for me because I find her personality warm, charming, and genuine. There are many royal women who aren't particularly beautiful, some I would consider even plain, but they have wonderful, warm personalities which draw a lot of fans.

Of all the princesse's I've seen...very few are actually beautiful
sorry but many of the cps are not beautiful IMO....there just plain
Salma seems warm and genuine to me....and that makes her more beautiful then the fake princesses out there.

personality can make anyone very attractive....some of the most beautiful women of the world weren't actually physically beautiful --- anyone see the real cleopatra? --- but their personalities and bearing made them so...

i for one like those who have a beautiful personality even if they may not be that physically beautiful rather than someone with the opposite qualities. that said, i don't know about lalla salma but she does seem like a nice person

Exactly!!!

marysusan said:
I think that most of the posts on this thread miss the point of what makes Lalla Salma so gorgeous. She is one of those extremely rare, magnificent, redheaded women who are truly stunning. Granted, sometimes she doesn't use her best features for maximum effect, but when she does she is breathtakingly.

Don't forget that most princesses and queens have someone to advice them on style and I think it all started with Diana, The Princess of Wales. These ladies all have advisers to help them get their wardrobes together. I think that maybe Lalla Selma doesn't. Consider that she's the first (I think I read that somewhere) named Queen of Morocco and so she's setting a precedent. That would scare me :) I think that over all she looks fine, we're just so used to seeing a lot of polish in the other princesses out there now - like Crown Princess Mary and Princess Alexandra of Denmark. They had to learn their styles too remember? :)

Alicky said:
I have to agree, sorry Lalla. She has a big nose, big ears, a big forehead and a chin that seems to dissolve into her neck. And she wears her hair in ways that emphasize all of those features. And those big saggy kaftans make her head look small and throws her even more out of proportion. I like the kaftans that the Jordanian royal family wear. :)

I agree with you, she isn't pretty, but she seems to be a kind lady and this is the most important:)

Little_star said:
believe me no one in morocco thinks that the kings sister are beautiful or even pretty "except for lalla soukaina. most moroccan women don't find them eleguant their outfits don't look fashionable. and beside that they are well known for their excessive drinking . lalla asmaa is well known to the moroccan as the heartless princess she mistreats her servants.

compared to them most people in morocco find lalla salma more natural and beautiful and her outfits are undoubtedly more elegant than her sisters in law"

From what I've seen of Lalla Salma she's not particularly beautiful, she has a nice wardrobe, which is hardly surprising, but her hair and make-up are a mess. She sometimes looks as though she's had a jar of flour thrown over her face! Moreover she doesn't hold herself properly and often seems quite stilted and awkward in photographs.
Frankly, in my opinion other females, in particular Lalla Meryem are so much more attractive and has a certain air in her manner that is sadly lacking from Salma. I

Not meaning to start an argument but one has to remember that Lalla Salma isn't (as far as is publicised) of Royal blood.
Her Sister in-Law from birth have been reared with the knowledge of what is and isn't permissable in terms of ettiquette, manurisms etc. Hence they possess an Air.

P Lalla Salma mightn't as has been said, have posessed an Air upon her mariage the Al-Malik Al-Maghreb (King Muhammad VI..) However due to Time, Seasoning, Education of the Royal Ways etc she has blossomed (and is continuing to do so) and now possess an Air that is unique.

Last edited:
Lisele said:
Don't forget that most princesses and queens have someone to advice them on style and I think it all started with Diana, The Princess of Wales. These ladies all have advisers to help them get their wardrobes together. I think that maybe Lalla Selma doesn't. Consider that she's the first (I think I read that somewhere) named Queen of Morocco and so she's setting a precedent. That would scare me :) I think that over all she looks fine, we're just so used to seeing a lot of polish in the other princesses out there now - like Crown Princess Mary and Princess Alexandra of Denmark. They had to learn their styles too remember? :)

Well said.:)

madonna23 said:
personality can make anyone very attractive....some of the most beautiful women of the world weren't actually physically beautiful --- anyone see the real cleopatra? --- but their personalities and bearing made them so...

i for one like those who have a beautiful personality even if they may not be that physically beautiful rather than someone with the opposite qualities. that said, i don't know about lalla salma but she does seem like a nice person

Indeed she does seem like a warm and beautiful person. When I say beautiful I don't refer to asthetic beauty but the possitive qualities which radiate from within. This also includes One's intentions.

Last edited:
I think that she has Berber advisers (not to say that she doesn't have other advisers of attire) with regads to her Moroccan Wardrobe. I have to say they maker her look stunning, ensuring that her comlexion, hair colour and physical type are beautiful accentuated within her attire.:)

Last edited:
hi guys
for those who have acces to the magazine PARIS MATCH of this week , there is a beautiful picture of the princess lalla selma with her son My Hassan , and also princesses lalla meriem and lalla Soukaina ...

Amira said:
hi guys
for those who have acces to the magazine PARIS MATCH of this week , there is a beautiful picture of the princess lalla selma with her son My Hassan , and also princesses lalla meriem and lalla Soukaina ...

Hi, could you possibly give the url so I could have a look please? I don't know the website of Paris Match. Thanks:)

"I think that most of the posts on this thread miss the point of what makes Lalla Salma so gorgeous. She is one of those extremely rare, magnificent, redheaded women who are truly stunning."

It's not a case of "missing the point" it's known as having a different opinion. If I saw her walking down the street, I wouldn't give her a passing glance.

It is very difficult to find a very right description of "beautiful woman" since every person' opinion has influenced by their own value or culltural background. In east Asia they have perception that a woman with big eyes is beautiful but may be it is not the same perception for person from other area.

Anyway...Lala Salma looks elegant both in traditional or modern clothes. Those clothes just help shine more her beauty. I saw her appearance (on photos) with different hair style as a good progress of Salma' style. She looks more fresh by trying other hair style.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=155113

Little_star said:
"I think that most of the posts on this thread miss the point of what makes Lalla Salma so gorgeous. She is one of those extremely rare, magnificent, redheaded women who are truly stunning."

It's not a case of "missing the point" it's known as having a different opinion. If I saw her walking down the street, I wouldn't give her a passing glance.

I totaly agree with you, there are persons who find her gorgeous, personally I think she is a very plain girl, and about her manners in public, I don't think it is a question of royal blood, because many princesses now haven't royal blood (laetizia, mary...etc) and they have very good behavior

What are her manners in public like?

I couldn't have said it better!:)

galuhcandrakirana said:
It is very difficult to find a very right description of "beautiful woman" since every person' opinion has influenced by their own value or culltural background. In east Asia they have perception that a woman with big eyes is beautiful but may be it is not the same perception for person from other area.

Anyway...Lala Salma looks elegant both in traditional or modern clothes. Those clothes just help shine more her beauty. I saw her appearance (on photos) with different hair style as a good progress of Salma' style. She looks more fresh by trying other hair style.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=155113

sabiha said:
I totaly agree with you, there are persons who find her gorgeous, personally I think she is a very plain girl, and about her manners in public, I don't think it is a question of royal blood, because many princesses now haven't royal blood (laetizia, mary...etc) and they have very good behavior

I agree that she isn't pretty, but she seems to be very simple, and for for me this is a big quality
about her behavior, I think she is a shy girl, and this is for that she feels herself uncomfortable in public
and we can't compare her with Laetizia or Mary, each lady has her personality

Alicky said:
What are her manners in public like?

sometimes, she seems to don't know what do in public, and often she seems tensed

sabiha said:
i agree sabiha, to me its not only question of royal blood.
imo letizia, maxima or mary had several years professional experience behind them. they were busy women and they continue after their mariage to prove themselves and keep self esteem and satisfaction.
salma had few months offered job in a company belongs to moroccan royals. she lacks professional experience and maybe she didn't and she doesn't interact lot with public, that s why she is not confortable and tense.

zineb said:
i agree sabiha, to me its not only question of royal blood.
imo letizia, maxima or mary had several years professional experience behind them. they were busy women and they continue after their mariage to prove themselves and keep self esteem and satisfaction.
salma had few months offered job in a company belongs to moroccan royals. she lacks professional experience and maybe she didn't and she doesn't interact lot with public, that s why she is not confortable and tense.

I agree, and I think that it's a pity to see that after three years, she isn't comfortable in her role of first lady
she need to have more public activities

for me beauty is in th eye of the beholder. I haven't seen any princesses that I think are take my breath away beautiful. They are pretty at best. And with the right makeup and clothes every one can look good.

Hello???? She's STUNNING, her look is so unique! (and yes, it does turn heads) I even read, though i don't know how true it is, that women across morocco were trying to emulate her look!:)

Its nice that her wardorbe has a mix of both Western and Moroccan clothing... and she looks great in either. As for her "manners", for one, it is unffair to draw comparisons between her and the European CPs as they've had very different lifestyles. She probably didn't have any experience in public speaking and the like..In time, I think she will find her feet, as she has done to an extent.

As for her look, it does miss the mark at times, but overall, she wears the right cuts and shapes to suit her. As for colours, I think its trial and error at the moment, and given a little time, she'll find the perfect colour palette for herself.

She has strong, classic features and hair to envy (mashaAllah!):D

Am I Bothered said:
Hello???? She's STUNNING, her look is so unique! (and yes, it does turn heads) She has strong, classic features and hair to envy (mashaAllah!):D

I'm a 100 % in agreement here. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom