Princess Alexia's Fashion and Style Part 1: September 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 1 of the thread for Princess Alexia's Fashion and Style!

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Last edited:
A great choice for Alexia. Given that she was baptizing a ship, I was expecting a somewhat larger fascinator.

I was about to say the dress is very Maxima and not surprised it's actually Maxima's!

Horrible dress.

Not my cup of tea, and I find it a bit over the top for an 18 year old.

When Máxima wore it i thought it may have been better suited for a younger person. But now Alexia is wearing it I think the opposite. Perhaps it just isn’t a nice dress with these awful sleeves and so many frills.

Last edited:
A great choice for Alexia. Given that she was baptizing a ship, I was expecting a somewhat larger fascinator.

Does that even count as a fascinator? It just looks like an elaborate ponytail clip, and there are almost no pictures showing it clearly.

Overall she looks very nice and well put-together and I even like the awful sleeves, but I think closed-toe shoes would have looked nicer than the ones she chose.

I never could like this dress.I don't know maybe if it was in a patterned or floral design but in solid color it doesn't work.
That bring said Kudos to wearing one of her mother's many dresses. Queen Máxima has a rather extensive and expensive wardrobe. Time to bring the "old" dresses out for her daughters!

I think Ariane too is now taller and a larger size than Maxima, so Alexia is the only one who could possibly rewear any of it (other than possibly shoes).

What’s with all these beautiful 18 year olds ageing themselves. I mean Alexia does look like her mother but any one of the lovely age appropriate outfits she has ever worn would have been lovely. Is it now like before the 60s when teens looked 20 years older.

I think Ariane too is now taller and a larger size than Maxima, so Alexia is the only one who could possibly rewear any of it (other than possibly shoes).

I am not sure if Alexia isn't smaller than her mother. The dress seems too large for her, the sleeves seem to come well over her wrists.

What’s with all these beautiful 18 year olds ageing themselves. I mean Alexia does look like her mother but any one of the lovely age appropriate outfits she has ever worn would have been lovely. Is it now like before the 60s when teens looked 20 years older.

There are very few 18-year-olds, especially those with major public profiles, especially those being judged on image like Alexia, who actually WANT to look 18. ;)

She was doing her first public duty and she naturally wanted to lean to the mature side and away from anything childish. She also has Amalia trying to project an older image as a major example, and Alexia herself has worn a good bit of makeup for several years. I don't think she's personally interested in looking any younger than she has to, at least not for the next decade or so.

Which outfit would you have liked to see her wear, btw? She has also taken quite a bit of flack for her teenage style choices.

I am not sure if Alexia isn't smaller than her mother. The dress seems too large for her, the sleeves seem to come well over her wrists.

Right, Alexia is the smallest one in the family, but clothes can be tailored down (see Ingrid Alexandra and her mom). It's basically impossible to conjure more dress when someone is a larger size. So the DRF may need to call on the services of a seamstress, but Alexia is still the only one who could rewear the clothes, even in theory (or looking a bit big in practice).

Of course, if they are altered anything more than minorly for Alexia, then they are hers, not her mom's. :cool: So that too may cut down a bit on rewears.

There are very few 18-year-olds, especially those with major public profiles, especially those being judged on image like Alexia, who actually WANT to look 18. ;)

She was doing her first public duty and she naturally wanted to lean to the mature side and away from anything childish. She also has Amalia trying to project an older image as a major example, and Alexia herself has worn a good bit of makeup for several years. I don't think she's personally interested in looking any younger than she has to, at least not for the next decade or so.

Which outfit would you have liked to see her wear, btw? She has also taken quite a bit of flack for her teenage style choices.

Right, Alexia is the smallest one in the family, but clothes can be tailored down (see Ingrid Alexandra and her mom). It's basically impossible to conjure more dress when someone is a larger size. So the DRF may need to call on the services of a seamstress, but Alexia is still the only one who could rewear the clothes, even in theory (or looking a bit big in practice).

Of course, if they are altered anything more than minorly for Alexia, then they are hers, not her mom's. :cool: So that too may cut down a bit on rewears.

Amalia always looks her age. It isn’t the make up. Teens wear piles of it. It’s the dress, it looks like playing Mum. A nice aline dress possibly just above the knee and maybe a nice bolero.

This is a beautiful color and style on Princess Alexia.

Wow she looks so gorgeous! She's very beautiful, but her outfit is stunning. Even though I'm not a fan of fuscia, she carried that color very well. Love the style of the dress and it suits her figure.

Her hairstyle is also lovely, with that simple but pretty hair flower arrangement. The only thing I dislike is the gloves.

Its a WIN for her first appearance at Prinsjesdag!

That is a great look for the Princess. I only wish shge would gave a bit more of a hat/hair ornament then the small flower

The Princess looked wonderful and there's fashion hope for the Dutch Royal ladies!

It's a very striking outfit. Alexia scored a memorable one for her (ceremonial) debut.

The color looks great on her, her hairstyle looks lovely. Good debut indeed.

Back
Top Bottom