Princess Lalla Salma Current Events: February 2005-September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These women have complete access to the people in power so why not get together and talk about what they can do. They probably know a lot more about what the situation is than most of us who only read what the press is allowed to write.
The women behind the men ruling the world have immense power to persuade and to impart a different perspective. Besides most men in power marry very capable and intelligent women.
grevinnan, which power those first ladies have complete access to, when their husbands don't have? :blink: :ermm:
if you are speaking of "women behind the men ruling powerful countries in the world" that's something different, and still they don't have complete access of power. plus, none of those invited first ladies are from such country (apart carla bruni)

you know what guys,I am glad she didn't attend,because it's not that kind of meeting that Gaza need but a fast polotical acts to stop violance now and I don't see those women succeded in that when the whole world faild,so if her attendance was only for wearing Palestinian koufia,chating a little bit with her first ladies friends and take some pics she did well no to go.

These women have complete access to the people in power so why not get together and talk about what they can do. They probably know a lot more about what the situation is than most of us who only read what the press is allowed to write.
The women behind the men ruling the world have immense power to persuade and to impart a different perspective. Besides most men in power marry very capable and intelligent women.

Maybe the wifes are capable and intelligent, but they have not been elected by the public and should therefor stay out of the limelight. This is business of the elected representatives IMHO.

i don't think it's the reason Zineb true that M6 is not very in love with meetings and conferences,but her wife did attend some interstings international/regional meetings,about cancer in Cairo,Sida in Dakar,Guneva......
for this event in turkey, i believe there are the same reasons. plus this meeting has some kind of "political" meanings and you know moroccan princesses aren't expected to show their political opinions. if it's for humanitarian aid, salma can help from morocco. as for rania, she was there bcz she has more presence worldwide (even more than her husband) and she is originally from palestine, so it does concern her more than any other arab first lady. i would be surprised if she wasn't there. but what this meeting come with, that's another story.

you're right Zineb the MRF princes and princesses can talk about their polotical opinions in public,exept the king of cours.

I wonder why Lalla Salma's name was listed as one of the attendees during the earlier reports. Was she planning to go, and then backed out; or was this just a mistake on the part of the reporter?

All right guys we've been over this before.
Let's re-focus on the Princess' current events.

Thanks!

Humera
Morocco Moderator

Maghreb Arabe Presse: Arrivée de SAR la Princesse Lalla Salma à Ryad
Arrival of HRH Princess Lalla Salma in Riyadh
Ryad - HRH Princess Lalla Salma, President of the Lalla Salma Association against cancer, arrived in Riyadh Saturday for a visit to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia at the invitation of HRH Princess Adila Ben Abdallah Ibn Abdelaziz Al Saud, Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the charity Sanad support children with cancer.
Upon his arrival at the international airport Khalid Ibn Abdul Aziz, HRH Princess Lalla Salma was hosted by HRH Princess Adila Bent Abdellah.
HRH Princess Lalla Salma has subsequently been welcomed by the Ambassador of Morocco in Saudi Arabia, Mr. Abdelkarim Semmar and members of the Embassy.

I wonder if we can get pics of this visit that would be intersting.

Thank´s Lilo is nice see that Salma has her own events.

this visit to the Saudi Arabicsound intersting,it's pitty there is no pic that could make more it more intersting,anyway its nice to see Lalla Salma out and about.

Maghreb Arabe Presse: Princess Lalla Salma visits several facilities in Riyadh
Riyadh Princess Lalla Salma, Spouse of king Mohammed VI, visited, here Monday, the Saudi National Museum, king Abdulaziz public Library, and King Abdulaziz Foundation for Research and Archives.

there isn't photos on the MAP, but i saw her on Tv yesterday, she dress with a grey skirt and black jacket, she has also a black scarf on her head, and this time she wore black shoese with her black pants (ouf!!!),
about her way to be, for what i saw on tv, she seems bored, and she didn't interact with who were with her
i have a question, in the map for all these activities, they say that she was welcomed by HRH princess adila bint abdallah ibn abdel azziz al saoud, but i didn't remark any princess with her, she was always alone during her visits, where is the saoudian princess?

i say her on TV too she was so sweet:flowers:
about the Saudi princesse it's her who invite Lalla Salma to Saudi Arabic and it's her who escorst the princess during all her activites,it's just that most of the Saudi princesses and the golf princesses in general don't like to be photographed,you remember when we all hear about Sheikha Fatima chairs the opning session of WO in UEA last November 2008 but no photo it's exactly same situation they are there but no pictures.

yes, it's possible, i was simply astonished to saw her doing all her activities alone
she was correctly dress yesterday, better than at the saoudian association, where she wore white shoese with blacks pants, it wasn't nice, i think also that it could be a good idea to wore moroccan djelaba, since she must to wear long dress, they are very elegant ones for the day
personally, i like to see first lady interact with pepole who surround her, i don't sees this with salma during her visits

Last edited by a moderator:
I agres about Djelaba loubna2,it could be very good for that kind of visit:)
even if there is no pics for this visit I enjoy and very much this visit on TV,I'll see if I can put a link for moroccan channel news.
today engagement:Lalla salma will visit King Abdullah wife acording to MAP and in the evening she will attend Moroccan evening for Sanad association

Lalla Salma visited last Saturday the National Library in Rabat during the Eighth National Congress of the Moroccan Organization of Human Rights
الاميرة للا سلمى تتØ*رر من البرتوكول في زيارة مفاجاة للمكتبة الوطنية بالرباط - المغرب الملكي
Trusted sources tell Aloula newspaper that the Princess Lalla Salma surprised conferences and conferences of the Eighth National Congress of the Moroccan Organization of Human Rights by a brief visit,for the National Library in Rabat on Saturday and the same sources said that Princess Lalla Salma went to the National Library in Raba,without prior notice and away from each Protocol Brahab on Saturday afternoon and Princess Lalla Salma lasted about half an hour, the same sources explained that the duration of the visit was enough for her to inspect one of the corridors of the National Library, Food art of pure Moroccan handicrafts and the same sources confirmed that the visit the spouse of King Mohammed VI,was sudden and free from all the protocol and left a very good resonance with the visitors of the National Library in Rabat and in particular to the conferences and conferences of the Eighth National Congress of the Moroccan Organization for Human Rights.

she was in Riyad last month sgl and she had alot of engagement there,now she is in Morocco.
if you want to know more about her visit to Saudi Arabia here links:
Princess Lalla Salma arrives in Riyadh
Princess Lalla Salma makes donation to Saudi association supporting children with cancer
Princess Lalla Salma visits several facilities in Riyadh
Princess Lalla Salma visits King Fahad National Centre for Children's Cancer
Princess Lalla Salma highlights importance of cooperation to fight cancer
Princess Lalla Salma attends Moroccan women's event in Riyadh
and hereyou can find some pics from moroccan news channel,MAP doesn't have any pictures as journalist who supposed to cover the princess activities there was a man and he was not allowed to take pics because one of king's Abdullah daugther was with Salma.

Does anyone know what Salma is up to at the moment?

Thank you for the article.

However, there is nothing in the link to suggest Lalla Salma is working on the campaign herself personally. So I'll ask again, does anybody know what Lalla Salma has been upto lately?

Thank´s Lilo. She is doing nice job with her foundation.

However, there is nothing in the link to suggest Lalla Salma is working on the campaign herself personally. So I'll ask again, does anybody know what Lalla Salma has been upto lately?
well she is preparing this campaign personally,i read about this in daily newspappers a few week ago even before her association website talk about it,and they mention she is very involved with this campaign and that she is after every detail like the precedent ones.

Would you mind then posting some of those links please?

unfortuanatly most of the moroccan Daily papprs don't save their archive and renew their issue every day,i can do some search in my archive and see if i still have these papper than scan them for you if you don't trust what i say:)
i only found this have a look: Le Maroc telquel 29 March 2009
Lalla Salma goes to war against tobacco. His Association (against cancer) is preparing to launch a major communication campaign around the theme: "A pack of cigarettes you smoked 4:40 min cost of living." Program: TV spots, radio spots, press ads and billboards. This is not the first anti-tobacco conducted by the association, but certainly the most spectacular.

the king was there too,then he had to come back to Morocco for work and he is back to join his little family in Paris again,Alayame mention that one of the king sister is with Lalla salma,I wonder if it's Lalla meryem as she was lately in Paris for UNESCO meeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom