Princess Lalla Salma Current Events: February 2005-September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lalla Salma is in Marakech,yesterday i had an appointment with some friends and when i met them they told they saw the princess hanging out in the famous place Jama' al-Fna,I was not that lucky to saw her too.

What is Jama' al-Fna? Was the princess with her children, or with friends?

Jama' al-Fna is a very old and popular square in Marrakech selected by UNESCO as World Heritage,its' a very charming place with the traditional souks(marcket)and all that stuffs and nobody go to Marrakech without visiting Jama' al-Fna i see that Lalla Salma is not an exception:)
her more information: Djemaa el Fna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is Jama' al-Fna? Was the princess with her children, or with friends?
my friends saw her alone sgl,they think Moulay Hassan was with her but they are not sur,they are only sur of Lalla Salma:flowers:

Thanks for the article.

Has Cristina Kirchner visited Morocco before?

I think she did,as a first lady with her husband while he was a President of Argentina.
you're welcome by the way.

meeting with President of Argentina Cristina Kirchner yesterday in Rabat
Una "escala real" en Marruecos - lanacion.com
Translation: Google Translate
Article in english
Cristina was received by Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco at the Real Palace
Télam. National News Agency of Argentina.October 16, 2009. President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner was received in private by her Highness of Morocco, the Princess Lalla Salma Bennani, at the Real Palace, during the stopover that the Argentine Chief-of-State made in that country when returning to Argentina.

nothing mentioned in Maghreb Arab Press though:ermm:

Article in english
Cristina was received by Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco at the Real Palace
Télam. National News Agency of Argentina.October 16, 2009. President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner was received in private by her Highness of Morocco, the Princess Lalla Salma Bennani, at the Real Palace, during the stopover that the Argentine Chief-of-State made in that country when returning to Argentina.

nothing mentioned in Maghreb Arab Press though:ermm:

According to this thread, Salma during this meeting of an hour, have questioned Argentinean president about detail of her travel to India. Personally, I find that if all the discussion was about this travel, it's more a discussion that you can have if you welcome a friend (because it’s basically curiosity), than a discussion between Moroccan princess and Argentinean President, since Mme Kirchner except if she did some touristic visits can't give her any info (or only what you can found on newspapers) about what she did in India, and for sure she will never say her what she think really about her travel.
For me, speak 5 minutes about this travel and the rest of the time of what concerns Morocco and Argentina (struggle against cancer or cultural exchanges or anything else) would be more useful than to ask during an hour, questions about an official visit of a foreign president to another foreign country. :cool:

about the article of TELA S.E, personally, it's the word "details" that makes me laugh, I imagine lalla salma flooding during an hour President Kirchner of questions about her official visit, and the president who give her only trivialities:lol:. Because what can Mme Kirchner say about her official travel to India to a foreigner except trivialities, she is a head of state not a first lady, perhaps it's that what forgot lalla salma. A first lady has social activities during an official travel, and she can speak of it to a foreign princess, a head of state has political and economic activities which are more sensitive subjects.
I think that the conversation would have been much more interesting for Mme kirchner if it turned around Morocco and Argentina and not around a third country.

I am enough sure that if the president was a man, Lalla Salma would not have been choose to meet him, but the president would have been welcomed by prime minister or foreign affairs minister, I found this attitude "macho", because they acted as Mme Kirchner was a first lady and not a head of state.:ermm:

an article on mme. kirchner's visit to morocco on her way back, in spanish.
Una "escala real" en Marruecos - lanacion.com

i feel bad that a classy lady such as princess lalla salma decided to meet cristina fernandez. appart from her expensive tastes and shopping sprees during her official trips, i doubt they have anything else that may be of interest to salma (good manners included).

Carlota,i think Lalla Salma invite Mrs kirchner only by courtesy,kind of diplomatic courtesy as the king was outside on France with his sick brother.

To be honest, I suspect that Cristina Kirchner's visit was more of a pit-stop than anything else. Morocco is the last place her plane would have been able to stop before it crossed the Atlantic Ocean and I would be surprised if she would make a direct flight from India to Argentina. IMO.

To be honest, I suspect that Cristina Kirchner's visit was more of a pit-stop than anything else. Morocco is the last place her plane would have been able to stop before it crossed the Atlantic Ocean and I would be surprised if she would make a direct flight from India to Argentina. IMO.

Yes, it was only a break of some hours, President Kirchner was in official visit to India, and he stopped in Morocco for some hours
By way, I don’t think that salma was the right person to meet the president, even it was only a visit of some hours, she is only a princess when kirchner is head of state, The king and his brother were broad, but the prime minister, the chief of parliament, and the foreign affairs minister were in morocco, as said samia, they act as if Kirchner was a first lady and not a head of state, personally I don’t know anything about this lady, but she is a president and it’s would be more respectful if she would be welcome by a high responsible than by the king’s wife.

I thought she was only there for an hour?

It does seem slightly unusual that Salma met her, would it be normal for the PM to have met her instead?

I dont see anything wrong with Salma meeting her, Salma is the Kings wife and it is very normal for a ruiling wife to met another rulers/presidents wife. At the end, this was a private meeting and probably Salma had invited her so the presidents wife wouldnt sit at the airport and wait. I think it was quit enice of her to do so.

I dont see anything wrong with Salma meeting her, Salma is the Kings wife and it is very normal for a ruiling wife to met another rulers/presidents wife. At the end, this was a private meeting and probably Salma had invited her so the presidents wife wouldnt sit at the airport and wait. I think it was quit enice of her to do so.

if Mme Kirchner was a first lady, it would be normal that it was salma who met her, but since Mme Kirchner is the president of argentina and not the argentinean presiden'ts wife, it would be more appropriate if she had a meeting with prime minister or any other high political responsible than with the king's wife
imo, I think that it was salma who wanted this meeting, perhaps she was curious to ask her about her job of president, and it's for that as said the article she asked about the details of the official visit to India

big deal!!!
Mrs Kirchner in her way back to Argentina stoped in Morocco for a few hours,when she was nicely invited by Lalla Salma to spend that hour she had to spend at airport with her in royal Palace,that all, a very nice diplomatic gesture that make good for the relations between the two countries and wich certainly don't depend on Lalla Salma and Mrs Kirchner to go on,these relations exist a long time ago before Lalla Salma and will go on after Kirchner lives the presidency.

PS: *the Moroccan foreign affairs minister was in Gabon for Ali Bango conoration or what ever is called.
*there was a elections that day in parliament to elect the House Speaker so no one there was available for sush meeting.
*while PM Mr Fassi:DI will not be surprise if he had again health problams:cool:

nice to see moulay rachid come back

Last edited by a moderator:
big deal!!!
Mrs Kirchner in her way back to Argentina stoped in Morocco for a few hours,when she was nicely invited by Lalla Salma to spend that hour she had to spend at airport with her in royal Palace,that all, a very nice diplomatic gesture that make good for the relations between the two countries and wich certainly don't depend on Lalla Salma and Mrs Kirchner to go on,these relations exist a long time ago before Lalla Salma and will go on after Kirchner lives the presidency.

PS: *the Moroccan foreign affairs minister was in Gabon for Ali Bango conoration or what ever is called.
*there was a elections that day in parliament to elect the House Speaker so no one there was available for sush meeting.
*while PM Mr Fassi:DI will not be surprise if he had again health problams:cool:
I don't think it's a "big deal" as you put it but it's just a little unusual.

I can not recall any other occasion where Salma has attended a "meeting" of this nature. Generally, she takes a back seat in Moroccan affairs and seems to be kept on the sidelines (imo). Personally I think it's a good thing that she was there.

no Little_star it's not unusual or the first time that Lalla Salma attend sush dipmomatic metting.now it jump to my mind some mettings like the ones with Mrs the senator Clinton in US 2005 or the meeting with the president of Salvador at AIDS meeting in NY and with french foreign affairs minister Philippe Douste-Blazy iun 2006...

no Little_star it's not unusual or the first time that Lalla Salma attend sush dipmomatic metting.now it jump to my mind some mettings like the ones with Mrs the senator Clinton in US 2005 or the meeting with the president of Salvador at AIDS meeting in NY and with french foreign affairs minister Philippe Douste-Blazy iun 2006...

if I am not wrong, it's the first time in morocco, the other meetings were abroad for the UNO meeting about AIDS, it's quite different I think

so do you think morocco would have been a good place for mrs kirchner to stop before heading to argentina? i wonder because i read in the article that "salma wanted to know about her experience in india". perhaps just article-writting style.

but you are right, it could just have been a nice gesture from salma to invite her to be at the palace with her to kill time.

i don't know exactly the reasons that make Mrs kirchner stoped in Morocco,but i hardly doubt it was only to meet Lalla Salma and give her a report about her visit to India.
anyway its happen that she stoped in Morocco for some hours,she got an invitation by courtesy from Lalla Salma to spend that free time in the royal palace i don't think what she did in India was the reason of this invitation,maybe Lalla Salma politely asked about how her visit was that's all.

I am just stunned, how you girls can you argue in pages and pages about what said Salma to Mrs Kirchner?!!! You don't know which kind of conversation they have, since you have not a report or so. Everybody can ask"did you have a nice trip?" or whatever other when somebody does a fly or so . No body here knows what are the type of private relations she has with moccan royals, why she stopped in Morocco and met Salma. Since she did, and it was private, don't understund why you keep making lessons about how Salma should behave. It sounds more like critisizing her just for critisizing.

:previous:
Well said! There is so much negativity toward Lalla Salma that what could be an interesting site for information and learning is now hardly worth visiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
if I am not wrong, it's the first time in morocco, the other meetings were abroad for the UNO meeting about AIDS, it's quite different I think
Thanks, that's what I was refering to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom