Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did either Beatrice or Eugenie themselves said something about that? Maybe they are quite happy to not have to live up to the role of a Working Royal? What with all that counting of how many engagements they do or the way William was called "workshy" when he had one of the most difficult and potential traumatizing job on "serving his people"? If you are not yourself or a family member of people in the rescue force, you normally have no idea what the rescue staff has to deal with on a daily basis. And that was this thank you by the media (and from the media-influenced public). Why should the York-prioncesses want this kind of life when they could go their own way?

I did hear a rumor that giving Eugenie Ivy Cottage was a sop to Andrew, who wished his daughters to be included in The Firm, given better accommodations at KP, and granted titles for their husbands.

Charles wouldn't hear of it, and the Queen, caught in the middle, suggested KP living space as a compromise.

I won't swear to that, but it does seem plausible.
We'll see what happens once Beatrice marries.

We will see what happens to Harry's first child once his father becomes king. Then we'll know.
Could be he and Meghan are so popular that whatever happens first, either the queen grants their kids a Royal title or Charles and Harry act conservatively and the kid gets the title for being Charles' grandchild. Because the public wants it that way.
Edward was never that popular and with Lady Louise's health problems, it surely was better to allow for more privacy.
But "Prince Harry" is so loved by the public, there might be a lot of voices who see in him and Meghan a sort of guarantee for the monarchy, so want a Royal title for their children as well. And the same might happen some day with Prince Louis' children.

It doesn't matter if they are that popular, but the fact remains that their children will be private citizens. Had Eugenie and Beatrice been born today instead of 80s, things might be different. We see the unfair treatment Eugenie and Beatrice receives. If they are private citizens, then they should be able to carry on their lives as private citizens. However, having that HRH seems to throw a wrench in it for them.

I did hear a rumor that giving Eugenie Ivy Cottage was a sop to Andrew, who wished his daughters to be included in The Firm, given better accommodations at KP, and granted titles for their husbands.

Charles wouldn't hear of it, and the Queen, caught in the middle, suggested KP living space as a compromise.

I won't swear to that, but it does seem plausible.
We'll see what happens once Beatrice marries.

I would think someone is paying market rent for Ivy Cottage, whether it be Eugenie an Jack, or Andrew, or The Queen. But I would bet that they wouldn't risk a scandal of Eugenie getting rent free living accommodations at KP. The press will go for blood.

Eugenie and Jack may be paying rent for Ivy Cottage:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ho...posh-model-for-urban-housing-a117356.html?amp

The tabloids have been going on as if this was like a gift to them, and how much bigger it was from Nottingham Cottage, Harry and Meghan's digs. I saw no indication that Harry and Meghan are paying to stay at their place.

It is public knowledge that Harry receives rent free accommodations at KP, as well as Cambridges and Gloucesters as they carry out official engagements on behalf of the monarch. Princess Eugenie is a private citizen and thus receives no rent free accommodations.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if Eugenie and Jack want to live rent free at Ivy Cottage, they both have to go to work for the Firm.

I would think someone is paying market rent for Ivy Cottage, whether it be Eugenie an Jack, or Andrew, or The Queen. But I would bet that they wouldn't risk a scandal of Eugenie getting rent free living accommodations at KP. The press will go for blood.

But how would they even know?
I doubt KP will show them receipts.

:previous: Love the photo, candid humor. Nice to see a relaxed side of him.

So if Eugenie and Jack want to live rent free at Ivy Cottage, they both have to go to work for the Firm.

I doubt they would Both have to be, Tim lives with Anne and he isn't a working royal. But yes, for free rent, Eugenie would have to be a 'working royal'.

I'm wondering if somehow, in the end, she will be a working royal?
If she has 7 patronages and Beatrice 12, many people will assume that they are, anyway.
Because they will often be in the press.

This evening, Princess Eugenie hosted Oscar's Book Prize 2018 at St. James’s Palace.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdLP-T6X0AAqFae?format=jpg

That was surprising. It is Beatrice's patronage. She has been a judge for a couple of years, and was officially named patron.

It seems Beatrice was suck in the US and asked her sister to fill in. And sent a message along.

Have to wonder what came up. Say what you want about the Yorks, they have both shown real dedication to their patronages.

That was surprising. It is Beatrice's patronage. She has been a judge for a couple of years, and was officially named patron.

It seems Beatrice was suck in the US and asked her sister to fill in. And sent a message along.

Have to wonder what came up. Say what you want about the Yorks, they have both shown real dedication to their patronages.

Very surprising, I saw a notice in my email under Princess Eugenie and I was about to come here and bark at whoever mixed up their names, but now I see it was correct. Very interesting that Beatrice missed this, I would have thought she would be back in the UK for the wedding, but I guess she cares about her job.

Well I guess she will be back soon for the wedding so maybe couldn't get time off to leave this early before the weekend?

Harry's wedding must have given Eugenie a boost in popularity. Earlier last week she was just at 60k followers on Instagram, then it jumped to 80k, and now she has 108k followers, which is not that bad to be honest. While it may not be as big as with Harry's wedding, I think interest will only grow as we get close to October 12th.

Court Circular 31st May:
The Queen gave an Afternoon Party in the garden of Buckingham Palace.
The Duke of Cambridge, Princess Eugenie of York, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, The Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra, the Hon Lady Ogilvy were present.

I'm happy to see Eugenie getting press time for backing these causes. Its something that, I think, most people don't realize is a huge problem. In this household, everything plastic is never put into trash but taken to a recycling center. We save paper products (soda cartons, cereal boxes etc) to burn in the winter and plastic grocery bags can be recycled at our local grocery store.

Its up to all of us to preserve our planet.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/plastic-waste-oceans_us_58fed37be4b0c46f0781d426

Forgot to mention that we're in the process of finding a new disposal for leftover foodstuffs. Very legitimate reason I think to adopt a rescue puppy. :D

Top part of that dress appears to be very cute.

LaRae

Great seeing her becoming an ambassador to such an important issue. Great to see a member of the younger generation take on the cause. Charles has been a huge advocate, but while his sons are passionate about conservation, this is an area I haven't seen them in.

The charity has a number of high profile ambassadors. Including Tatiana Santo Domingo's aunt by marriage, Lauren Santo Domingo (only 7 years older then Tatiana, she is married to Tatiana's father's youngest half brother).

Ambassadors — PROJECT ZERO

Interesting to note one very young ambassador is a fellow royal. Princess Theodora of Liechtenstein. Theodora is the granddaughter of Hans Adam's younger brother Erasmus (her father is his eldest son Alexander). The 14 year old is already an ambassador for the WWF and founder of her own teen initiative.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Those pictures just look super intrusive, used a really long zoom for them. I’m not complaining per se about them being taken but she’s clearly just having breakfast with a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom