Princess Christina (1947-2019) and Family, News and Events Part 1 (June 2003 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I´m so glad that Christina´s life turned out all right after all those confusions when she was a child (Thanks LUCIEN for having replied to my query about Grete Hofman).Her children are very good looking and her little grandaughter is gorgeous.

Like I said,Bernardo and Eva Guillermo like their privacy.
Just the Family knew ofcourse,and a few friends,and they do not talk.
:flowers:

Btw,Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima will attend the religious wedding of their cousin Bernardo to Eva in New York as that coincides with the visit of the Princely couple on occasion of NY400.

The religious wedding of Bernardo and Eva will take place on september 5th in NYC,both HRH Princess Christina and her ex-husband
Jorge Guillermo will attend as well as TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima.

During the Mass,wee Isabella will be christened also,and her grandmother,Princess Christina,will perform.

The Holy Mass will be conducted by a dutch priest,Sjaak de Boer,who leads an international paroche here in The Hague and
who knows Jorge Guillermo since they both studied theology in Leuven/Louvain,Belgium.
(Jorge studied there after the divorce)

The couple had a very emotional and hefty divorce and went out of eachothers way since but both are extremely proud of their granddaughter and realise that a new era has arrived.

(note:Jorge was a nuisance as a husband,and as a person who insisted on a treatment more royal then royal can be.He abused Christina,domestic violence we call that nowadays....a greedy creep.....who then turned to studying theology......if it wouldn't be
so hypocrite,it would almost be hilarious......)

Oh well,forgive and forget,or not,you can't blame a child for having a lousy & violent parent,but anyhow,this day is about
Bernardo,Eva and wee Isabella,and I wish them every,every happiness in the world!

Wow, I didn't know all that about Jorge and Christina's divorce - all I'd heard was that he decided he was more interested in men than women, to put it delicately. Were the three children on good terms with both their parents throughout, or is his attending the wedding symbolic of a reconciliation between he and Bernardo as well?

:previous: I have never heard that (what you put delicately) and I live in Holland.

Are these comments about their marriage/divorce something that was "officially" reported in news or divorce court documents, or is it just gossip that people have come to accept as fact? (I don't mean to imply that anyone is making anything up or that it's correct/incorrect -- I'm just curious.)

I also had the impression that the breakup had something to do with Jorge being involved with men, although I always figured that was just gossip and speculation, too.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I thought Jorge had appeared at several royal family weddings/funerals over the past few years.

Are these comments about their marriage/divorce something that was "officially" reported in news or divorce court documents, or is it just gossip that people have come to accept as fact? (I don't mean to imply that anyone is making anything up or that it's correct/incorrect -- I'm just curious.)

I also had the impression that the breakup had something to do with Jorge being involved with men, although I always figured that was just gossip and speculation, too.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I thought Jorge had appeared at several royal family weddings/funerals over the past few years.

No,never,they all hate his guts.Clear enough?I don't do gossip,I just go by facts,always.HM has named him the next thing to a persona non grata .

He publicly time and time again embarrassed his then wife,insulted her or asked others to wait for "that blind woman" and words in that order,walked way ahead of her while calling her names to hurry up,in public,that sort of thing.You just don't make that up.The abuse was the reason for their divorce at which point he had already made himself impossible with the entire RF for his spending and over the top demands as "a member of the Royal House".
Imagine that,a former poor as a louse gay cuban,and then these tricks and attitudes?No way this was accepted,and when her sisters,and parents,found out Christina also had bruses,well,you can only fall against a door or a chair once and get away with it.That is when they came into action and pressed him out of the way to save their sister and the children from this tyrant.He is dispised here in the family.Still,he is the father of the children and made a deep deep fall to clean up his act,but outside The Netherlands and certainly out of sight of the RF.Studying theology,yeah,right,he must have loved the long black robes.A gastly man,honest,he was then.

Last edited:
:previous: I have never heard that (what you put delicately) and I live in Holland.

:previous:

That doesn't say a thing susan alicia....
The divorce as well as the auctioning of the antique and wine cellar he had purchased with her money was a public affair

and I can't put it delicately enough really,yet every syllable is true.Awful story,and at the time,the Princess was
totally under his spell and really started to believe she did go mad,as that was what he also stated time and time again.
The day he left it was good riddens from all the family,he got a sum to shut up on his marriage,and the sucker
still lives of that as it wasn't every day pocket money.

Sixte and this creep get me going this way,no others don't deserve the breath it takes to even spell their name.

Last edited:
:previous: That's all really horrible, Lucien. :nonono: I'd never heard any of that before - I'm so sorry to hear it. I can imagine her sisters were FURIOUS - they always, esp. Beatrix, look so protective of her in old family photos.

HM has named him the next thing to a persona non grata...

That is when they came into action and pressed him out of the way to save their sister and the children from this tyrant.He is dispised here in the family.

So Beatrix said something publicly about all this? And it was mostly her family pushing for the divorce?

:previous: That's all really horrible, Lucien. :nonono: I'd never heard any of that before - I'm so sorry to hear it. I can imagine her sisters were FURIOUS - they always, esp. Beatrix, look so protective of her in old family photos.

So Beatrix said something publicly about all this? And it was mostly her family pushing for the divorce?

So,no,Beatrix didn't say anything about this publicly,and most of all it was Christina herself who had to file for the divorce ofcourse,
but backed up by the family.It was an impossible situation,and I'm not going into this any further,it's been enough of a drama
as it was at the time and we're focussing on the wedding of Bernardo and Eva now.Just wanted to make clear who and what Jorge
was and how he humiliated his wife for such a long time.

No,never,they all hate his guts.Clear enough?I don't do gossip,I just go by facts,always.HM has named him the next thing to a persona non grata ... CLIPPED...A gastly man,honest,he was then.

Thanks for that response, Lucien. What a horrifying story! I'm sure being married to a royal princess and living in a fishbowl has its frustrations and difficulties -- especially for a man who comes from humble origins and another culture -- but NOTHING could justify the kind of behavior you've described.

I hope Christina has found peace and happiness (and safety!) without him. She seems like a nice woman who has had some staggering problems to overcome in life. It's much to her credit that she has been able to use her talents, live a constructive life, and raise a beautiful family.

Originally Posted by Maura724 That's all really horrible, Lucien. :nonono: I'd never heard any of that before - I'm so sorry to hear it. I can imagine her sisters were FURIOUS - they always, esp. Beatrix, look so protective of her in old family photos.

I was curious about that, too. You don't see too many pictures of Beatrix and Christina together as adults. Are they close?

Thanks for that response, Lucien. What a horrifying story! I'm sure being married to a royal princess and living in a fishbowl has its frustrations and difficulties -- especially for a man who comes from humble origins and another culture -- but NOTHING could justify the kind of behavior you've described.

I hope Christina has found peace and happiness (and safety!) without him. She seems like a nice woman who has had some staggering problems to overcome in life. It's much to her credit that she has been able to use her talents, live a constructive life, and raise a beautiful family.

I was curious about that, too. You don't see too many pictures of Beatrix and Christina together as adults. Are they close?

Princess Christina leads an anonimous life in London where she settled a few years ago after moving from NYC.The sisters,all four,have a warm and good relationship.Princess Christina always was in "the care" of her elder sisters,especially Beatrix and Irene ever since she was
a baby.

She has overcome many facts of life others might have had a greater difficulty in battling with,but she is known for her will to achive anything on her own,and she dislikes,if not hates,to be seen as a poor lady with disabilities.She's doing OK,a warm and very kindharted Lady I can assure you.She has a good voice,a natural,and years of training at the music institute of Montreal,Canada.The Princess also works as a music therapist,
at least she did while she lived in NYC's Park Avenue.

You don't see her much here,she's a private person and loves that to be respected,but on family haydays like her sisters double birthday anniversary last year,Beatrix 70 and Margriet 65,she's right in the middle of it all.

Well, Lucien, I began to read this report from the beginning and have been, of course, very interested, and coming to the end of the reading, I was, indeed, shocked, what things may happen even in such high-ranking families, and now I say to myself, I must begin to be less naive. But to you, Lucien, thank you for this report.

I'm glad Princess Christina has moved back to Europe - especially London where she can live relatively anonymously. It is also a good location to fly over to the Netherlands from to see her family being less than an hour flight.

I'm glad Princess Christina has moved back to Europe - especially London where she can live relatively anonymously. It is also a good location to fly over to the Netherlands from to see her family being less than an hour flight.

All the above happened while the family lived in The Netherlands at what is today known as the residence of TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima,the "Villa Eikenhorst".

Christina and Jorge had that build on the The Horsten estate,owned then by HM Queen Juliana,on the site of a former farm house.
The Princess moved back to NYC after the divorce,as that was where she'd lived before,notably at the time she met Jorge during
work in Harlem.

Lucien, I had the impression somehow that Christina was not completely blind, just nearly so. For instance, I thought she had some ability to see bright light to a certain extent. Is that accurate? Thanks for always having so much information.

Lucien, I had the impression somehow that Christina was not completely blind, just nearly so. For instance, I thought she had some ability to see bright light to a certain extent. Is that accurate? Thanks for always having so much information.

That is true Maura,she is not completely blind,it is like you said.

All posts about the wedding of the eldest son of princess Christina, Bernardo Guillermo, to Eva Prinz-Valdes, have been moved to this thread in the royal weddings forum.

If she isn't doing anything illegal, can they do anything about it? The automatic translator I used didn't make things very clear.

Does anybody know where the bride, Eva Prinz-Valdez, is from? What's her ethnic background?

It's very sad that Princess Christina who was the most unfortunate member of the royal family had to suffer so much. It must have been devastating to have been used in that way. After all, it's clear that Jorge Guillermo just married her for her position and money.

Does anyone know what type of relationship this horrible man has with his children? Often children side with their mothers in marital disputes, especially if she is victimized. So, I would imagine that Bernardo, Nicolas and Juliana must have a strained relationship with their father, or do they?

Last edited by a moderator:
It would seem likely to me, Rayena, but Bernardo did involve Jorge in his recent wedding, and I have the impression Jorge sees Bernardo's infant daughter fairly regularly, so Bernardo at least has a good enough relationship with his dad. Nicolas and Juliana I have no idea.

nrc.nl - Binnenland - Nieuwe brievenbusfirma Christina op Guernsey

Kritiek op geldbeheer prinses Christina - Binnenland - de Volkskrant

Prinses Christina is evading taxes in an not illegal way but conroversial method. I can not stand greed. And I think the royals should have an exemplary function.

And I think people,you and those blithering idiots at parliament,should know that the Princess lives abroad and is in no way due to pay taxes here.The idiocy is politics in The Hague consists of much pump and less brains then ever before and they should know.They also should know that the PM is in no way responsible for her as she stepped out of his line of responsibility while he was still in dipers,on the day she married,over thirty something years ago,so why would anyone ask questions about her to him?Exactly,because they haven't got a clue that one and one is two and they do not make their homework well before blurting like caddle in distress

The Princess is NOT evading taxes in any which way.HRH is NOT a resident of The Netherlands for decades but of the both the US and the UK.

The Princess has put her money in a fund on the Channel Islands,perfectly legal as they are what are called British Crown Dependancies.The tax climate is mild but she doesn't do anything illegal.The very word highly irritates me as Christina and "illegal" are as far apart as either end of the universe.She is just clever and I for one would do exactly the very same.

The news was brought out in the open by the Volkskrant,a once quality but very leftist paper loosing subscribers as all and everyone take to the internet for news,so hey why not make an extra buck and come up with a ballony story.For the second time this year,both times on the Princess and both times on the same issue,her fund being stationed in the Channel Islands and the address being that of her sisters office.What are they thinking?People are as dumb as they are and forget so they can blow the same nonsense up again and again?That might go for reds but not for this walking wake-up call here,and I hope,after this explanation,not for anyone.What they nag about mostly is that the Fund,the Crocus Fund of Princess Christina,has its address at Noordeinde Palace,her sisters office.Now,what the Family does or doesn't do at any of their addresses is no-bo-dies darn business.Really,It is not.Ever.Hope I made things clearrer for all.:)

the questions asked to the PM regard the fact that she lives in London and is evading paying property tax which runs in the millions to the UK.

The Princes is not alone in doing this but should not be doing it at all.

And I think people,you and those blithering idiots at parliament,should know that
the Princess lives abroad and is in no way due to pay taxes here.
The idiocy is politics in The Hague consists of much pump and less brains then ever before and they should know.They also should know that the PM is in no way responsible for her as she stepped out of his line of responsibility while he was still in dipers,on the day she married,over thirty something years ago,so why would anyone ask questions about her to him?Exactly,because they haven't got a clue that one and one is two and they do not make their homework well before blurting like caddle in distress

The Princess is NOT evading taxes in any which way.HRH is NOT a resident of The Netherlands for decades but of the both the US and the UK.

The Princess has put her money in a fund on the Channel Islands,perfectly legal as they are what are called British Crown Dependancies.The tax climate is mild but she doesn't do anything illegal.The very word highly irritates me as Christina and "illegal" are as far apart as either end of the universe.She is just clever and I for one would do exactly the very same.

The news was brought out in the open by the Volkskrant,a once quality but very leftist paper loosing subscribers as all and everyone take to the internet for news,so hey why not make an extra buck and come up with a ballony story.For the second time this year,both times on the Princess and both times on the same issue,her fund being stationed in the Channel Islands and the address being that of her sisters office.What are they thinking?People are as dumb as they are and forget so they can blow the same nonsense up again and again?That might go for reds but not for this walking wake-up call here,and I hope,after this explanation,not for anyone.What they nag about mostly is that the Fund,the Crocus Fund of Princess Christina,has its address at Noordeinde Palace,her sisters office.Now,what the Family does or doesn't do at any of their addresses is no-bo-dies darn business.Really,It is not.Ever.Hope I made things clearrer for all.:)

the questions asked to the PM regard the fact that she lives in London and is evading paying property tax which runs in the millions to the UK.

The Princes is not alone in doing this but should not be doing it at all.

No-one in The Hague has any business asking about her,she is NOT a resident and NOT evading any tax on any property at all,not here and not in the UK.Whatever it is they like to make you believe,it isn´t any different then the Daffodil Fund the same paper fussed over months ago.Same story.She just made sure that her part of the inheritances of Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard are taken care of properly,as would you and I in that position,and she does that within the UK as that is where she is a resident.All legal.Really,it is.

Lucien, she is the sister of the Queen and when she choses to put her fortune in the Daffodil Fund on the well known tax paradise Guernsey it is legal, as stated before, but controversial. She is evading paying taxes to the UK because she is a resident of that country.
Lets see if the government will respond to the questions and how the case unrolls.

No-one in The Hague has any business asking about her,she is NOT a resident and NOT evading any tax on any property at all,not here and not in the UK.Whatever it is they like to make you believe,it isn´t any different then the Daffodil Fund the same paper fussed over months ago.Same story.She just made sure that her part of the inheritances of Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard are taken care of properly,as would you and I in that position,and she does that within the UK as that is where she is a resident.All legal.Really,it is.

Maura, you are probably right. Jorge Guillermo does have some sort of relationship with his children, or else he wouldn't have been invited to the wedding, unless it was an unavoidable formality. Talking about parents of the groom, I wonder about the parents of the bride? I can't find any information about them. Who exactly is the Eva Prinz-Valdez? Where was she born? What is her ethnic background? All that I've been able to find is some slight mention of her professional affiliation.

More about Bernardo's and his life in Brooklyn, NY of all places! I live in NYC and I was surprised to hear that he lives in Brooklyn. I know the area where he lives and while it is a very desirable neighborhood, it is only a middle to in some cases upper middle class area, not the type of very RICH neighborhood where you would think that a member of one of the richest families in the world with royal blood running through his very blue veins--the nephew of the Queen of Holland-- would choose live in!

Goes to show you that one never knows who might move next to one!

Back
Top Bottom