Princess Charlene Jewels 2: Aug. 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tilia C.

Former Moderator
City
O
Country
Germany
220px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Charlene%2C_Princess_of_Monaco.svg.png

Arms of Princess Charlene

Welcome to Princess Charlene's Jewels Part 2

Commencing July 30th, 2023

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/12/590x/secondary/Charlene-4882838.webp?r=1690718822743

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/12/590x/secondary/Charlene-4882837.webp?r=1690718822611

Large diamond and sapphire drop earrings for Princess Charlene at the Red Cross Ball 2023. They are reported as being from Van Cleef, so presumably on loan. Lovely statement piece as they are , why she didn’t opt to wear the delicate foam tiara along with some of her existing beautiful drop earrings is hard to fathom. This gala of the season needed her to wear a little something extra in the jewellery department.

I really don't understand the on loans given the wealth of Albert II,beautiful pair of earrings.

I really don't understand the on loans given the wealth of Albert II,beautiful pair of earrings.
I agree and there would be stuff that belonged to Princess Charlotte or to Princess Grace.

I agree and there would be stuff that belonged to Princess Charlotte or to Princess Grace.

Exactly and which I'd prefer to be seen worn again over pieces on loan!

The sapphire earrings are lovely, but I agree with Susan D and An Ard Ri. I'd like to see more of Princess Grace's jewels on Princess Charlene.

I am unsure as to who Grace left her jewellery to. However, if she left them to her son starting a collection it could be problematic. I do not think it is too far-fetched to say that Caroline became the default "Consort of Monaco" and, as such, had access to all her mother's and perhaps even her grandmother's.

When Charlene arrived a couple of decades later, I do not believe either she or Albert would have asked for any such Monaco jewels to be returned. All in all, a difficult situation. However, it seems that Charlene appears to love earrings and bracelets so, all is not lost. I for one cannot complain if Charlene decides to wear her everyday earrings . . . beautiful large diamond solitaire studs have been her go-to since her return from South Africa but, now she is starting to appear at gala evening events we are starting to see some gorgeous drop earrings. My only question is as always, to whom do they belong?

I am unsure as to who Grace left her jewellery to. However, if she left them to her son starting a collection it could be problematic. I do not think it is too far-fetched to say that Caroline became the default "Consort of Monaco" and, as such, had access to all her mother's and perhaps even her grandmother's.

The Princess of Hanover has worn jewels belonging to bother her late mother and grandmother and has the finest jewel chest in the Principality.
Princess Grace also borrowed pieces over the years as her mother in law Princess Charlotte left her historic jewels to Caroline.

I wish the Prince had established a Family collection.

It still begs the question why she never wears either of the two tiaras especially commissioned for her, with a water/ocean theme. The foam tiara is a very understated, beautiful headpiece which would not look out of place at a gala event, the other, a larger, flamboyant piece has been worn as a necklace, but not for sometime. I wonder what, if anything, Albert makes of this.

We have yet to see Charlene wearing a tiara at a formal event, hopefully she'll attend the Swedish Golden Jubilee gala this September.

It still begs the question why she never wears either of the two tiaras especially commissioned for her, with a water/ocean theme. The foam tiara is a very understated, beautiful headpiece which would not look out of place at a gala event, the other, a larger, flamboyant piece has been worn as a necklace, but not for sometime. I wonder what, if anything, Albert makes of this.

I'm suspicious that both of those supposed wedding gift tiaras don't belong to her at all and have been merely put at her disposal. If she truly owned these I think she would actually wear them. She's worn one on her wedding day (back to front for some bizarre reason, which looked awful) and the other twice as a necklace- in 12 years of marriage! It's constant loans and what's also confusing is that when the jewels belonging to Grace and Caroline's Cartier tiara are on display they are always attributed to belonging to Albert, very confusing.

Last edited:
I was wrong and had forgotten that there is indeed a Palais Princier Collection of Jewels and the Cartier Tiara ,Pearl Drop and Bains de Mer Tiara all form part of it.

Given that there is no need to borrow jewels when the family have a very impressive collection
Sadly the Princess of Hanover is the only member of the Family to wear any of this historic Grimaldi jewels.

I was wrong and had forgotten that there is indeed a Palais Princier Collection of Jewels and the Cartier Tiara ,Pearl Drop and Bains de Mer Tiara all form part of it.

Given that there is no need to borrow jewels when the family have a very impressive collection
Sadly the Princess of Hanover is the only member of the Family to wear any of this historic Grimaldi jewels.

I can live with Caroline wearing the historic stuff but it's irritating when her daughter and daughters in law turn out wearing them. I hope at the very least they stay in the main line for Gabriella and Jacques' wife to use and don't end up with the Casiraghis, that would be such a waste.

I can live with Caroline wearing the historic stuff but it's irritating when her daughter and daughters in law turn out wearing them. I hope at the very least they stay in the main line for Gabriella and Jacques' wife to use and don't end up with the Casiraghis, that would be such a waste.
Yes, I don't know why Zara Phillips or Autumn Kelly Phillips wore tiaras at their weddings. They're in the middle-class. What a joke.

Yes, I don't know why Zara Phillips or Autumn Kelly Phillips wore tiaras at their weddings. They're in the middle-class. What a joke.

I meant them wearing them when the actual Princess Consort of Monaco seems to have no access to them and if they were to stay with the Casaraghis then the only significant historic jewels the Grimaldi have would be lost to the direct heirs forever.

I meant them wearing them when the actual Princess Consort of Monaco seems to have no access to them and if they were to stay with the Casaraghis then the only significant historic jewels the Grimaldi have would be lost to the direct heirs forever.

The jewels belong to the Palais Princier Collection so the Princess does have access to wear them but oddly borrows pieces. What use woukd the Casaraghis children have for the family tiaras?

:previous: I am thinking of the fact that Princess Caroline has had unfettered use of the family jewels all her life and, just like the Queen Mother in the UK, was loath to return them for the new Consort. I cannot see Charlene fronting Caroline and demanding them back saying she wants to play around and find her Monaco style niche. I also wondered about the diamond and silver aigrette she wore for her wedding, did it come from Stephano or Ernst August or was it just Albert's but Caroline's by common usage. Either way I think it would be a daunting task and one a newlywed Charlene would not be up for I should think. The fact that throughout Albert's marriage there have been few occasions where both his sisters and wife have been present is more than a little telling,

Perhaps the Princess of Hanover has use of them for life, who knows!
The fact that Charlene is borrowing jewellery and not starting her own collection is equally as bizarre.

The Princess of Monaco Jewellery [Charlene]

:previous: I also wondered about the diamond and silver aigrette she wore for her wedding, did it come from Stephano or Ernst August or was it just Albert's but Caroline's by common usage,

I think there’s a little confusion about which piece is the aigrette which Charlene wore to the evening reception on the day of her wedding. This was definitely a recently piece specifically made for Charlene. There’s some information and pictures of it here.

https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2014/11/the-baumer-aigrette-tiara.html

Perhaps you are thinking of the floral brooches she wore in her hair to secure the veil for the religious wedding ceremony and which were heirlooms from the late Princess Charlotte of Monaco. Again the information and pics in this link provide some explanation.

https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2021/07/princess-charlenes-glittering-wedding-diamonds.html

I've just noticed that Charlene didn't wear earrings for the religious wedding, something I must have missed.

I hadn’t noticed this either. Kind of strange as it is the one item of jewellery she seems to enjoy wearing.

I hadn’t noticed this either. Kind of strange as it is the one item of jewellery she seems to enjoy wearing.

Possibly she thought that earrings would clash with the floral brooches of Princess Charlotte?

Maybe, but I have just noticed she wasn’t wearing earring to the evening event either when she wore the delicate aigrette.

Maybe, but I have just noticed she wasn’t wearing earring to the evening event either when she wore the delicate aigrette.

Diamond studs would have looked nice at the religious wedding and the evening reception without clashing with the hair pieces.

Diamond studs would have looked nice at the religious wedding and the evening reception without clashing with the hair pieces.

Yes Diamond or Pearl Studs would have worked very well.

Yes, I was talking about the floral brooches used as an aigrette to hold her veil. And, if I remember correctly, she did not have pierced ears at that time.

Really beautiful pearls and they look so classy with her outfit.

Back
Top Bottom