Princess Charlene Jewels 1: 2010 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I agree. But Grace did not inherit the jewels of her own mother in law, the Duchesse de Valentinois, who reportedly loathed her. They also passed to Caroline.

The odd, unfortunate family dynamic continues I suppose.:sad:

I don't think Grace would have done that to Albert, she never even got to meet his wife.

That is 100% true. I think Rainier turned the lot over to Caroline especially as his Heir continued on and on over the years with scores of girlfriends whom Rainier undoubtedly considered unsuitable.

That is 100% true. I think Rainier turned the lot over to Caroline especially as his Heir continued on and on over the years with scores of girlfriends whom Rainier undoubtedly considered unsuitable.

Your right but then Ranier must have known that Albert would marry eventually so I still don't think Caroline was given it.

I've also heard that Rainier's mother passed on all her jewels to Caroline.
As for Grace we don't know what arrangements she did. She might have splitted in 3 parts, the one to go to Albert's future wife.
Don't forget that Grace passed by accident at her 52y. She might did not have taken any arrangement, as she wouldn't think she will pass at this age. Albert was 24 at this moment, nothing showed at this moment that he would spend another 30 years before marrying.

It seems that Charlene has chosen her honking great diamond "stud" earrings as her day-to-day, go-to jewellery and added her diamond with attached honking great pearl earrings, as a go-to for semi-formal or formal events that are not about her.

https://media.gettyimages.com/id/14...=tRR_zNydv83DourosIbHnJEo-HP9xRXHS-3PDErjuHk=

https://media.gettyimages.com/id/12...=HB1KD48JAqzJc2DXqT6vhnor3UDOFucE5Q2xcoijQBQ=

I have to wonder with absolutely no proof whatsoever, whether the pearls are just added to the aforementioned diamond studs.

It seems that Charlene has chosen her honking great diamond "stud" earrings as her day-to-day, go-to jewellery and added her diamond with attached honking great pearl earrings, as a go-to for semi-formal or formal events that are not about her.

I have to wonder with absolutely no proof whatsoever, whether the pearls are just added to the aforementioned diamond studs.
The jewels are beautiful and that brooch worm to Mass on National Day was exquisite!

:previous: Absolutely! in the infinitesimal chance that she takes a violent dislike to the brooch and both sets of earrings, or any of her many pairs of earrings, I would be willing to make the supreme sacrifice of taking them from her sight forever. Ah well, if dreams had wings we could fly.

Hopefully we will see Princess Charlene in a tiara in London this May!

Hopefully we will see Princess Charlene in a tiara in London this May!

I'd never have thought it in the past but if there are any tiara events around the Coronation I am confident that PC will wear one. Her whole demeanour seems different these days, she looks happy and confident in the role in a way that she didn't before. In fact if this had been a few years back I would have fully expected Albert to have attended on his own.

I'd never have thought it in the past but if there are any tiara events around the Coronation I am confident that PC will wear one. Her whole demeanour seems different these days, she looks happy and confident in the role in a way that she didn't before. In fact if this had been a few years back I would have fully expected Albert to have attended on his own.

I was thinking that if the Princess did attend she may have obtained a new tiara for the dazzling event!

Wasn't she gifted a tiara with diamonds and sapphires that reflected her swimming career?

Thank you for posting a picture of the tiara. I like it. Wonder what she will wear.

Designwise and caratwise, mowah... and it is clearly an upside-down worn collier, with a difficult "V" shape. It is not for nothing it has only been worn for a photoshoot and never in real life (as a diadem).

I think this one would suit her beautifully. This and Grace's diamond and ruby drop earrings and Grace's diamond necklace would be wonderful.

I'd rather see this than the modern Van Cleef & Arpels which I don't like.

I'm 99.9% certain those last pieces will be loans too. I don't understand why Charlene has never worn anything of Grace's, if it really is something to do with Caroline (and we don't know if it is) then that is unacceptable. It's like Princess Anne hording the late Queen's jewels and not letting Camilla near them. What we do know is that only Caroline and her daughter/daughters in law have worn some of those pieces but whether Charlene could access them if she wanted to is unconfirmed. Whatever the situation I hope that all of Grace's jewels go back to the main line and are worn by Princess Gabriella and the wife of Prince Jacques in the decades to come.

Last edited:
I didn't like the necklace and wouldn't be surprised if they were loans,but given the sheer wealth of the Princely family it makes no sense!

No. It doesn't make sense, and Albert doesn't seem the type of monarch who would be okay with his wife wearing loaner jewels. Especially when she doesn't usually go for larger pieces.

I've always suspected that he has gifted Charlene a rather nice and large jewel box over the years, but she seldom cares to wear the pieces he picks. How often have we seen her in the wedding gift jewels? We know she at least owns them.

Is it that the necklaces do not fit Princess Charlene because of her swimming? So, like others, I ask why she has not worn her wedding jewellery and why she wore no jewellery and no sash & star to Princess Madeleine's wedding in Sweden. Like others, I think it's a poor show although I don't know if Princess Grace wore Princess Charlotte's jewels while she definitely wore jewels that pre-dated Princess Charlotte and which Prince Rainier had handed over to her.

Is it that the necklaces do not fit Princess Charlene because of her swimming? So, like others, I ask why she has not worn her wedding jewellery and why she wore no jewellery and no sash & star to Princess Madeleine's wedding in Sweden. Like others, I think it's a poor show although I don't know if Princess Grace wore Princess Charlotte's jewels while she definitely wore jewels that pre-dated Princess Charlotte and which Prince Rainier had handed over to her.

She has worn her Ocean tiara as a tiara on a few occasions and as a necklace in 2020 https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-o2C2H-it...d-Princess-Kristine-De-Bagration-Mukhrani.jpg

I really hope we get to see Princess Charlene wearing a tiara ,though I'm slightly giving up all hope after 12 years as Princess Consort of Monaco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom