Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events Part 15 : July 2007 - Aug.2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very beautiful dress and the jewels, too. She looks wonderful and ten years younger when smiles. :flowers:

I'm quite new to this, so forgive me I can't link directly to it.

Princess Caroline's picture was in our local paper. She's on the "19th" picture under the caption "$10,000 gets you into this party" about a fundraiser in Paris.

Here's at least one pic of the event with Karl on Monday,
June 9th 2008:
Hope to see more :)
Iceflower, there are many nice pics on this site
BrunoPress
but I am not good at posting them.
Anyways, for those ones who are interested,
just type Caroline where it says zoeken in beeldbank and choose Royalty where it says in archive, then click zoeken.
Hope someone can post them! They are really nice!

An article on the event.
WWD.com Fashion news, retail news, beauty news and more from Women's Wear Daily
and a few pics
WWD Slideshow

Last edited:
Love that dress on Caroline, she looks great except for that hair!!!! It always looks flat and lifeless. I think she would look great with a short bob and bangs, with a shorter blunt cut,her hair would have more bounce and style and the bangs would make her look younger.

Pics 13.6.2008

Thank you very much, giov and Seb, those Lagerfeld pics
are really fantastic, Caroline looks so beautiful and relaxed!

Here are pics from yesterday:

Ernst August, Prince of Hanover his wife Princess Caroline and
Munich's mayor Christian Ude pose prior to the ceremonial act
for the 850th anniversary of Munich in Munich, Germany, 13 June
2008. The anniversary is celebrated by the city and its population
on 13 and 14 June.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

And more:
** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics, giov! Although Caroline still has great legs, she shouldn't be showing her knees anymore, as they reveal their age, and hers...
Not even Alba Parietti, who has the world's greatest pair of legs - and is nearly ten years younger than Caroline - doesn't show her knees anymore...

Alba Parietti is four years younger than Caroline....my opinion is that Caroline has knees that she can show without a doubt...:)

Tosca;787417]Thanks for the pics, giov! Although Caroline still has great legs, she shouldn't be showing her knees anymore, as they reveal their age, and hers...
Not even Alba Parietti, who has the world's greatest pair of legs - and is nearly ten years younger than Caroline - doesn't show her knees anymore...[/quote]

Thanks for the pics, giov! Although Caroline still has great legs, she shouldn't be showing her knees anymore, as they reveal their age, and hers...
Not even Alba Parietti, who has the world's greatest pair of legs - and is nearly ten years younger than Caroline - doesn't show her knees anymore...

Grace and Caroline have opposing approaches to middle age. Grace at the same age ended up embracing her fifties to the point where her look became rather matronly (although it could also be attributed to her weight gain), while Caroline appears to deliberately wear clothes intended for a woman in her 30's. I suppose the fact that she still has a rather youthful figure provides her the confidence to do so. And I think Karl Lagerfeld encourages her to wear these clothes.

I agree with Tosca though that there is a thing called age-appropriate. You can still show your assets without showing skin the way you did decades ago. It's not a diss on Caroline's legs -- which are fit and toned -- but an acknowledgement that there are signs that cannot be ignored.:)

I think Caroline has great legs for her age including her knees, I think the skirt she has on really flatters her legs, if I had her legs at her age I would do the same, why do people have be so judgemental, especially when Caroline wears something a bit out of the ordinary like what she wore to the Rose Ball. I say she makes life interesting for fellow followers, so Princess Caroline keep it up!!!:flowers:

:previous: I have to completely agree with you debrann.

Here are 2 galleries with pics from Olycom and Brunopress:

Olycom

Bruno

Princcess Caroline of Hanover in the Hall of Mirrors at the Chateau de Versailles on the occasion of the inauguration of Karl lagerfeld's photo exhibit "A l'Ombre du Soleil". Versailles, FRANCE

tbhrc, thanks for the galleries. Princess Caroline is back in top form. I love that slightly retro look of the pleated skirt (if I am seeing correctly), white looks beautiful on her, the shawl adds just right the touch of refinement, the earrrings are divine, she looks very glamorous and happy and playful, in that spontaneous way she used to have. Actually, the dress reminds me of a retro dress she wore when she was 16, at one of her first Parisian parties with a thirties theme, the best outfit she ever wore in my opinion, and she has the same dazzling smile. Bravo, Caroline ! White (at least this shade of white) becomes you even more than black...

why do people have be so judgemental, especially when Caroline wears something a bit out of the ordinary like what she wore to the Rose Ball.
I respect your opinions, but I don't like this kind of "a bit out of the ordinary".
This dress, nude look, etc., was really a bad choice, in my opinion! It wasn't appropriate for a Princess on a public event!
She is the hereditary princess of Monaco, she is not Tina Turner!
However, "De gustibus disputandum non est"!

Anyways, I still believe that Princess Caroline is the most classy and elegant Princess!
This one WWD Slideshow is a great outfit!

Last edited:
I just saw bigger pics from the Versailles event, and this time the white dress Caroline wore was more flatteing than the ones she had put on on previous occasions. She has a saucy way with her without looking like a "silly teenager".

This dress, nude look, etc., was really a bad choice, in my opinion! It wasn't appropriate for a Princess on a public event! - (from giov)

What nude look....is she naked???........From this picture her dress maybe sitting in the wrong position ???? I dont know....we all live in the 21st century, but really havent we all worn something at one time or another and we thought we looked good, but other pepole may think OMG!, just look next time you are walking down the street.:whistling:

What nude look....is she naked???........From this picture her dress maybe sitting in the wrong position ???? I dont know....
Go back and look at the Rose Ball thread. Ugh. The dress moved alright! By the end of the evening it drooped and she was flashing the royal
"nipples". OMG indeed! :D

No, I think it is just a lifetime of being in front of the camera and all those lessons in etiquette and deportment paying off big time. :D

I agree 100%. I have seen a video once of them ready to enter for the Rose Ball and as soon as they played the music her whole face and expression changed, ready to greet their guests. She is a professional.

This dress, nude look, etc., was really a bad choice, in my opinion! It wasn't appropriate for a Princess on a public event! - (from giov)

What nude look....is she naked???........From this picture her dress maybe sitting in the wrong position ???? I dont know....we all live in the 21st century, but really havent we all worn something at one time or another and we thought we looked good, but other pepole may think OMG!, just look next time you are walking down the street.:whistling:
Awful choice for someone so chic and polished all the time. It was a terrible dress. Wonder who is the designer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
I agree 100%. I have seen a video once of them ready to enter for the Rose Ball and as soon as they played the music her whole face and expression changed, ready to greet their guests. She is a professional.

Awful choice for someone so chic and polished all the time. It was a terrible dress. Wonder who is the designer.

Guess who?:rolleyes:

Would you please read my post again?
I wrote that I respect your opinions, so I expect you to respect mine.
Getting personal is really unpolite, in my opinion, and this is a polite forum!
Anyways, have a look at these two threads,
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/rose-ball-march-29th-2008-a-15427.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f97/most-terrible-part-3-a-9689.html.
I say it again ,"de gustibus disputandum non est"!
P.S. Anyways, I wrote nude look but I meant see through. Unfortunately, my English is not so good as yours!

Last edited:
Would you please read my post again?
I wrote that I respect your opinions, so I expect you to respect mine.
Getting personal is really unpolite, in my opinion, and this is a polite forum!
Anyways, have a look at these two threads,
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/rose-ball-march-29th-2008-a-15427.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f97/most-terrible-part-3-a-9689.html.
I say it again ,"de gustibus disputandum non est"!
P.S. Anyways, I wrote nude look but I meant see through. Unfortunately, my English is not so good as yours!

Giov, sorry if I offended you I didnt mean it personally:flowers: The term 'see through' explains it better. P Caroline has on occaisions made 'fashion faux pas', (I hope you understand, my french is not that great), but if she hadnt made one on this occaision, we wouldnt be having this interaction, I think it is neat that we can share our opinions.

PS What does ,"de gustibus disputandum non est"! mean?? Thanx

Thanks, tbhrc ! Somehow, I feel Prince Ernst always looks his best when he is in Austria. I like how they are color-coordinared, and Princess Caroline always knew how to tie a scarf. But is it fall already ? I miss all the summer pictures...

Photos of caro and ernst 2008

hi all
can someone please let me know which thread has the latest photos of caro and ernst, esp. caro. for 2008 - which thread should i be looking at?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom