Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events 2: Nov.2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Human Rights Court Hears Princess' Paparazzi Dispute

Princess Caroline of Monaco has taken her fight against German tabloids to the European Court for Human Rights in Strasbourg. She's asking for Europe-wide regulations on the paparazzi.

Germany's claim to Monaco royality, Princess Caroline, has taken a decade-long privacy dispute with the German tabloids to the European court typically charged with handling major human rights issues.

The wife of Prince Ernst August of Hannover first filed suit against several German tabloids in 1993, after they published paparazzi photos of her riding, shopping, and sunbathing were published in several German celebrity magazines.

After Germany's Consitutional Court sidestepped the case in 1999, Caroline's lawyers took it to European Court for Human Rights, arguing that the photos are a violation of Article 8 of the European Human Rights Convention, which give her the right to protection of her private and family life.

Caroline's lawyer Matthias Prinz said his client wants Europe-wide regulations such as those in France, where prominent people may only be photographed while carrying out public duties, unless otherwise agreed on.

Prinz said that as long as the German press is allowed to publish paparazzi-style photos taken abroad, laws such as those in France are meaningless.

"Paparazzi are manhunters, authorized by the German legal system," said Prinz at a hearing last Thursday.

German Law At Issue

The court normally hears cases of purportedly weightier issues, such as the recent trial of the Kurdish rebel leader Abdullah Ocalan. Now, it's being asked to decide on whether or not German law sufficiently protects the right to privacy.

Referring to the court's more typical case load, Prinz said his client was essentially being tortured by the paparazzi.

"There’s the torture of isolation, and there’s the torture that comes of having your every move followed by the paparazzi and never for a second being sure that you’re truly alone," Prinz said, flanked by some of the offending photos which he had blown up and mounted on boards as evidence for the court. His client is not attending the hearing, he said, because that would have only attracted more photographers.

Reader's Rights Are At Stake

But the German Association of Magazine Publishers argues that if Caroline gets her way, the press would be degraded to the function of mere court reporters.

Germany’s Constitutional Court largely agreed, dimissing her claim with the exception of the photographs in which she appeared with her children.

Prinz emphasised that Caroline’s children are constantly being followed, and that photographers frequently stake out their schools. His client, he said, has no official function in Monaco, she is simply "her father’s daughter," and therefore has the right to a private life.

Source: DW-World.De

kittencrews  Posted on Nov 11th, 2003 - 12:40 am
... what kind of car it is..
The back end of a Ford Expedition or other Ford product, I think.

We need some more pictures.... here ya go Christian... A good ole' picture of EA "working"

Ernst "working" number 2

Attachments

• hedoeswork3.JPG
    hedoeswork3.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 210
  • hedoeswork2.jpg
    hedoeswork2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 225
all these pictures you posted, kittencrews ... are they scanned ?

amazing !!!
... it must have been my two left hands and all thumbs ... I didn't find the same trove on the internet.

Thanks ..... how about some pics of him (and his family to, at & from) in regard to his Kenya hide-out ?

I don't have pictures of his actual Kenya "hide out" but here are some of the family on Lamu Island...

Charlotte at the Kenya airport

Attachments

• lamu.JPG
    lamu.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 383
  • charlotteairport.JPG
    charlotteairport.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 334
and that was your doing ... that charlotte is almost a spitting image of her mum ?

Charlotte IS a spitting image of her mom!!

another...

Attachments

• charlotteandmom.JPG
    charlotteandmom.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 152
  • charlotteandmom2.JPG
    charlotteandmom2.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 224
oh my god!!!
it's impressionant this resemblance! it's almost incredible
i thought that it was charlotte on all the photographs!!!!!

http://www.rp-online.de/public/article/jou...utschland/27148

Neue Prügel-Vorwürfe gegen Prinz Ernst August
veröffentlicht: 17.11.03 -21:45 Uhr

Hannover (rpo). Prinz Ernst August von Hannover sieht sich neuen Prügelvorwürfen ausgesetzt. Die Staatsanwaltschaft in der niedersächsischen Landeshauptstadt hat gegen ein Ermittlungsverfahren wegen Körperverletzung und Beleidigung eingeleitet.

Wie der Sprecher der Ermittlungsbehörde, Thomas Klinge, am Montag bestätigte, hat ein Redakteur des Süd-West-Rundfunks (SWR) Strafanzeige gegen den bereits als "Prügel-Prinzen" bekannten Adeligen erstattet.

Der Chef des Welfenhauses soll beleidigend und auch handgreiflich geworden sein, nachdem der Journalist ihn in einer Frage zu Unrecht als Preußen bezeichnet hatte. Leibwächter des Adligen sollen den Reporter erheblich verletzt haben.

Der in der Strafanzeige geschilderte Vorfall solle sich bereits am 5. Oktober in Grünau in Oberösterreich abgespielt haben, sagte Klinge. Der Anzeige zufolge hat der SWR-Redakteur den Adeligen gefragt, ob er als Preuße eine bestimmte süddeutsche Speise überhaupt kenne. Daraufhin soll Prinz Ernst August außer sich geraten sein.

Er soll den Redakteur mit Worten wie "**** off" und "Scheiß-Journalist" beleidigt, ihn am Arm gepackt und geschüttelt haben. Anschließend soll er der Anzeige zufolge seine Leibwächter aufgefordert haben, den Redakteur hinaus zu werfen.

Durch einen Angriff der Leibwächter soll der Journalist eine schwere Knieverletzung erlitten haben. Der Bänderriss habe später im Krankenhaus operiert werden müssen.

Der SWR-Redakteur habe zunächst bei der Staatsanwaltschaft Stuttgart Strafanzeige erstattet, die das Verfahren in der vergangenen Woche nach Hannover abgegeben habe. Im Zuge der Ermittlungen werde man zunächst versuchen, den Prinzen zu den Vorwürfen zu hören, sagte der Sprecher.

Der Adelige wurde bereits vor zwei Jahren vom Amtsgericht Springe wegen Körperverletzung und Beleidigung zu acht Monaten Haft auf Bewährung und einer Geldbuße von 500.000 Mark verurteilt. Das Urteil, gegen das Berufung beim Landgericht Hannover eingelegt wurde, ist noch nicht rechtskräftig.

Christian: was?

Monte Carlo: Caroline wore very stylish clothes in her adolescent years.

Attachments

• caroshopparis70.jpg
    caroshopparis70.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 383
Monte Carlo: Caroline wore very stylish clothes in her adolescent years.

Christian: what's your favourite picture of her best style at that time ?

Christian: what's your favourite picture of her best style at that time?

Monte Carlo: I don't have a favorite. Do you?

Monte Carlo: I don't have a favorite. Do you?

Christian: Yes. :innocent:

This is one of my favorite Caroline styles when she was younger!

Actually I think this one is my favorite!

Attachments

• caroline1978.jpg
    caroline1978.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 223
  • carolinepink1.JPG
    carolinepink1.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 157
Please tell me, does Prince EA or Princess Caroline do ANYTHING worthwhile? It seems like they're on constant holiday - lazing on the beach or playing on the ski slopes or watching pretty Charlotte at her equestrian events. I can't take it! UGHHH! Once in a while, they'll appear at fundraisers. Oh, what hard work for them! Apparently, they are very "surface" people and they only care about enjoying themselves. I don't see them attempting to further their knowledge about anything. No deep thinkers here. And I don't see either Caroline or EA as encouraging their children to live more meaningful lives, either.

Originally posted by kittencrews@Nov 18th, 2003 - 10:24 pm
This is one of my favorite Caroline styles when she was younger!
This is a great picture kittencrews! Caroline looks very stylish and so young and carefree!

Bruce, if you don't like Ernst and Caroline DON'T come to their forum!!!

Bruce  Posted: Nov 19th, 2003 - 7:44 pm

Please tell me, does Prince EA or Princess Caroline do ANYTHING worthwhile? It seems like they're on constant holiday - lazing on the beach or playing on the ski slopes or watching pretty Charlotte at her equestrian events. I can't take it! UGHHH! Once in a while, they'll appear at fundraisers. Oh, what hard work for them! Apparently, they are very "surface" people and they only care about enjoying themselves. I don't see them attempting to further their knowledge about anything. No deep thinkers here. And I don't see either Caroline or EA as encouraging their children to live more meaningful lives, either.

Bruce,
what you are seeing is a common malaise among the super-rich ..... so much money they don't have to work. No incentive to work.
Sure, Caroline gets invited to head and attend fundraisers, but does she do it for 'free' ? .... fat chance ... I would imagine she drives a hard bargain !

And in closing EA and Princess Caroline are notthe only ones around doing nothing. It depends how you define 'doing nothing'. Some might argue that the Princess Royal (for example) and all the other Royals in the UK and in Europe who are patrons to numerous affairs - which is a prestige thing and nothing else to the organizations - do diddly in the way of work except to show up to cut ribbons and open wings of buildings. In the USA, what do the wifes of the various State Governors and the super-rich do ... more of the same ?

Here's a new picture...

Do you think the Monaco Monarchy is getting Andrea ready for his future!?!?!? Because he has been at a lot of royal functions lately... maybe I am just assuming!

I wish Alexandra had been in some pictures!

Ah, I forgot... Doesn't Caroline's hair seem rather dark... I think I like it better when it's a smidge lighter

Attachments

• nationalday2003ce.JPG
    nationalday2003ce.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 209
  • nationalday11192003caa.JPG
    nationalday11192003caa.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 181
  • can__tbe.JPG
    can__tbe.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 183
  • momanddad.JPG
    momanddad.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 185
kittencrews  Posted: Nov 19th, 2003 - 10:06 pm
Here's a new picture...
Thanks for the new pictures, kittencrews.

... on this picture, there seems to me to be a small bulge in the belly ... is it what I think it is ?

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 19th, 2003 - 10:27 pm
... on this picture, there seems to me to be a small bulge in the belly ... is it what I think it is ?
That is what I thougth TOO!! Then I thought no, surely not AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom