Princess Beatrix, Current Events Part 2 (May 2020 - Present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think she has been wearing the ankle wrap for quite a while. I've noticed it in earlier pictures.

I love the fact the Princess Beatrix has proven that even if you step aside as monarch, you can still be a very visible and important part of the royal family, have engagements, patronages, etc. She did not move into the palace attic...she is an integral part of the monarchy, even after stepping aside to allow her son/heir to ascend and make HIS mark on the monarchy! Shows much awareness on her part! Wish other monarchs would look to her as an example!

Lady Elizabeth was a bridesmaid at the wedding of Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands and Claus van Amsberg in 1966 :previous:

I had not appreciated the closeness between Liz Anson and Princess Beatrix.

I had not appreciated the closeness between Liz Anson and Princess Beatrix.

And it was really lovely to see Beatrix at the Memorial Service today at St Margaret's Church, Westminster.

Indeed, and in addition Beatrix is a godmother to Lady Elizabeth's daughter Fiona. Beatrix even missed the wedding of Felipe and Letizia to attend the one of Fiona Shakerley, which was on the same day.

Lady Elizabeth was a bridesmaid at the wedding of Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands and Claus van Amsberg in 1966 :previous:

And Princess Beatrix attended her wedding in 1970 too

And Princess Beatrix attended her wedding in 1970 too

Ok I didn't know that so quite a long friendship.

Lady Elizabeth was also well connected with other Royal Houses

Lady Elizabeth was a god daughter of George VI
Her mother was a niece of the queen mother
Her mother was married secondly to HRH Prince George Valdemar of Denmark!

Ok I didn't know that so quite a long friendship.

Lady Elizabeth was also well connected with other Royal Houses

Lady Elizabeth was a god daughter of George VI
Her mother was a niece of the queen mother
Her mother was married secondly to HRH Prince George Valdemar of Denmark!

Plus great granny Princess Alice of Athlone was a niece of Queen Wilhelmina,their mothers,Helena and Emma, being sisters.So there is not only a strong bond between friends,but also as being family.

Last edited:
Plus great granny Princess Alice of Athlone was a niece of Queen Wilhelmina,their mothers,Helena and Emma, being sisters.So there is not only a strong bond between friends,but also as being family.

Curious about this: I know about Alice of Athlone's connection to the Dutch royal family, but how is Elizabeth Anson related to Alice of Athlone?

Princess Alice was Queen Wilhelmina's cousin not her niece.

Right. I thought the earlier post was saying that Elizabeth Anson was related to Princess Alice of Athlone, and I was curious what that connection is. I wasn't aware that the two were related, other than through marriage in the British royal family.

Princess Beatrix was present at the celebration of the 300th anniversary of the Boven windmill in Zevenhuizen this afternoon, September 9:

** anp gallery ** rex gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Princess Beatrix attended the premiere of 'Celebrating an evening with Jiří Kylián!' in Den Haag this evening, September 22:

** ppe gallery ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
Princess Beatrix at the finish of the Oranjepad of the Princess Beatrix Spierfonds on the grounds of palace Soestdijk today 8 October
The Oranjepad is a walk to and from Soestdijk Palace to draw attention to the fight against muscle diseases.

https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=6527476
https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=08-10-2022 Baarn
https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed/2022/10/08/princess_beatrix_at_the_oranjepad,_baarn?
https://www.gettyimages.com/search/2/image?events=775884130

Last edited:
Princess Beatrix opened the exhibition "The century of Juliana, a queen and her ideals" at De Nieuwe Kerk in Amsterdam this evening, October 13:

** Pic ** anp gallery **

Last edited:
Princess Beatrix opened the exhibition "The century of Juliana, a queen and her ideals" at De Nieuwe Kerk in Amsterdam this evening, October 13:
It must have brought back so many memories and also at the De Nieuwe Kerk in Amsterdam :previous:

Lovely that the Queen opened this exhibition about her mother. A pity her two other living sisters were unable to join her/ were not invited. It would have been nice to see the three of them together, or even together with the granddaughters of the Queen. It may have generated more attention for the exposition though I imagine it will attract much visitors anyway; exhibitions about the RF in the Nieuwe Kerk usually tend to be very popular.

It seems that they have used a giant photo of Juliana wearing the full Stuart parure as the background for a dinner table. A pity Queen Máxima could not be there, as it may serve as an inspiration to try on a full parure as well ;).

I am not familiar with the motto 'Dieu aide Orange' (God helps Orange). Was a familiar thing back in the day? From the photos it appears it may have been used during the festivities in 1948.

Princess Beatrix attended the gala on the occasion of the 75th anniversary of the Eye Fund at the Flint Theater in Amersfoort this evening, November 10:

** Pic ** anp gallery **

Last edited:
Princess Beatrix attended a celebration for the 25th anniversary of the Netherlands-Aruba Society at the Theater Diligentia in Den Haag this afternoon, November 19:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

Last edited:
Great to have a three generation picture included as part of celebration princess Beatrix' birthday today!

What a nice picture of all three of them.

Back
Top Bottom