Princess Alexia, Carlos Morales and Family - Part 1: Jan 2003 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some more of this event with Samaranch over at the "Opiniones...."board. Please, Iceflower, HELP...:wub:

I do not copy any pics from other message boards, Stefanie,
but I found two additional pics elsewhere :)

** Alexia 1 ** Alexia 2 **

I must agree she looks great! And all after four kids! Good to see her back.

In event Barcelona, the journalist asked him:
If she had thinking of having five children, as his brother Pablo and she answers: "no", she was happy with four children.

In October in 2004 she was asked whether she wants a third child. She answered: "Yes, but not in the near future....". ONE MONTH later she became pregnant with little Carlos......
In 2006 at the same "Sindrome de Down" event where she wore that black/silver jacket with the big black flower in the front she was asked whether she wants more children and she answered: "I have two daughters and a son..., NO I DON´T WANT more children.
I´m sure the way she answered this question now has to do with her relation to MC: If they had asked her whether she can imagine to have five children like HER MOTHER she probably would´ve said:"Yes, I can imagine...." but if you compare her way of life with her sister-in-law she will ALWAYS say that she does the exact opposite of what MC does.....So better never ever ask her questions that have to do with her hated sister-in-law....:cool:

Are you sure Alexia hates her sister in law.? I find it strange, because Alexia´s children wear a lot of Marie Chantal´s clothing . At little Carlos christening, MO and the two girls, Arietta and Anna Maria had the same dresses, which were from MC´s collection.

Yeah, and the dresses looked horrible, specially for a christening. They would´ve done better for christmas. MO´s dress looked like it wasn´t even ironed and hang like a wet sack. All the clothing Alexia´s daughters wear look like left-overs who can´t be sold because they´re so ugly. Those red dresses are usually worn by lower-class persons as there "only best dress". Children who have to wear those look nowadays like shooting gallery figures. Sometimes I see those red dresses here in my city worn by little girls from the Turkish area of Anatolia....Was the same with those brown potatoe sacks they wore at little Carlos´ presentation. This cut looked like self-sewed with some blue spots.

Please remember that we do not know anything about the
relationship between Alexia and her sister-in-law. This is pure
speculation and "hate" is a very extreme expression. Please
think about that before making that kind of statements.

Iceflower
Greece Forum Moderator

I think that alexia and Mc are good friends.Mc is the godmother of baptism Carlos

Here are two pics of Alexia and her daughter, together
with Princess Cristina and her daughter on their way
from kindergarten in Barcelona, March 31, 2008:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thanks iceflower. Do you know why Alexia was in town with the kids? Was it just a weekend visit or something?

You are welcome, ladejesus, she has been to Barcelona
because of that event for the Down's syndrome organisation
which took place the same day these pics were taken, take
a look back at page 5, you've commented on these..:)

Thanks iceflower. I didn't realize she had brought the kids with her on that trip.

I must say I´m a bit worried slowly that we don´t hear or see anything about little Amelia. It´s the first time as far as I can remember that a grandchild of the Greek royal family wasn´t shown for six months. Not even a baptism date is reported so far. Wonder also, why Constantine didn´t attend the photoshooting after Amelia left hospital. Hope there´s no crisis within the family that causes this hiding.....(I have some theories about that but I better keep them hidden....:rolleyes:)

Stefanie, you seem to see crises everywhere. :ohmy: It's nothing out of the ordinary for this family to have a child baptised even if s/he is older than six months. Achilieas-Andreas son of Pavlos and MC was born 12 August 2000 and was baptised 10 months later on 7 June 2001. So, let's leave the speculations out this discussion. :)

Isn't it tradition to baptise children later in the Greek-Orthodox church? I think it's more of a bath than a bit of water on the head as in other Christian baptisms, the whole baby is dipped into the water.
By the way, are the children of Alexia and Carlos Greek-Orthodox? They married according to the Orthodox church, right? But I suppose Carlos is Catholic, since his Spanish, so what about the kids??

Pics 5.6.2008

Princess Alexia of Greece picks up her children from school,
Lanzarote, Canary Islands, Spain, 5 June 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Christening of Amelia at Lanzarote:

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/RadialPress/AD/Mar

Thank you for the link, Amelia is precious, that photo with her mother is adorable...what a sweet little face. It looks like a lovely family gathering, the kids are the cutest! i think it's wonderful all the little cousins are close in age and will have the blessing of growing up "good friends" with each other.

I am very happy to have seen all those beautiful picture of little Amelia´s christening. Those Morales children are sure gorgeous. And it´s great to see them with some of their cousins.

Are you sure Alexia hates her sister in law.? I find it strange, because Alexia´s children wear a lot of Marie Chantal´s clothing . At little Carlos christening, MO and the two girls, Arietta and Anna Maria had the same dresses, which were from MC´s collection.
I do not know if wearing MC's clothes makes them close friends, but I have wondered how come at least the eldest two of MCs children did not accompany their grandparents for the Baptism. P Christian was wearing a sweater from MC's clothes and I very much doubt MC & Mary are friends.
P Alexia seems so easy going and simple not the kind MC would love to socialize with.
Isn't it tradition to baptise children later in the Greek-Orthodox church? I think it's more of a bath than a bit of water on the head as in other Christian baptisms, the whole baby is dipped into the water.
By the way, are the children of Alexia and Carlos Greek-Orthodox? They married according to the Orthodox church, right? But I suppose Carlos is Catholic, since his Spanish, so what about the kids??
I was very interested to see pictures inside the Church but could not find many. I believe there was no "Baptism" i.e immerse the baby in the Holy water. Seemed like there was a combination of a Greek Orthodox priest performing the rite in a Catholic Church with the water on the head. Besides the one photo I saw P Alexia was holding the baby which is not the way it is done in G.O Church. The mother waits until the entire baptism is complete, the baby receives Holy Communion then the God parents give the child back to the parents.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there is a Greek orthodox church where they live, I could very well be wrong but that's what I heard.

I hope we´ll see pictures of Alexia and her gorgeous family this summer. They generally spend some time with the King and the Queen at Port Heli.

The King will be in Beijing for the better part of August, there may not be a Porto Heli vacation this year.

Generally I feel that the Greeks feel closer to Nikolaos and Alexia than all the other Royal children of K C & Q AM.:flowers:

Do you believe this about Alexia??
I think the media always made fun of her because of her weight and her big cheeks (someone once called her "examagouli",because there were rumors about Konstantinos having 6 fingers on his foot,"exadahtylos" like the last Byzantine emperor,Konstantinos IB' Palaiologos).
And,for the record,I know:it's not funny at all...

Princess Alexia is very sweet and a very down to earth lovely lady. I do not know about the press, sometimes they go a bit too far.

Yes,she seems very nice and I think she must be shy sometimes with the media.But I believe it's cute.Some journalists often find the opportunity to make fun of her because of that,but that's Greece:too many "smart" people around...

Pics 19.10.2008

Some nice new pics of the family :)
Princess Alexia with husband Carlos Morales and their children Arrietta,
Ana Maria, Carlos and Amelia enjoying a day out in Lanzarote -19.10.08

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom