Prince William Current Events 10: September-October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corazon said:
great news and very sweet!
the visit will be te netx 20?

Yes, September 20th 2006. :)

alleyesonarmani said:
This article is far less serious than the recent posts on this thread but somewhat amusing, even if the image is quite disturbing.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/1,,2006420245,00.html

This is really funny.. :ROFLMAO: Wonder how he really looks like wearing those bikinis.

Skydragon said:
Prince William is to visit a baby unit at the hospital where he and brother Prince Harry were born, Clarence House said today

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23366742-details/William%20to%20visit%20baby%20unit%20where%20Diana%20gave%20birth/article.do

That's very nice of him to do such activity.. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
William???

Why have there overall been fewer pics of WIlliam there were of Harry doing Sanhurst things?

William has to have to done all the same thing as Harry in general. William in fact did something Harry didn't by gatting the Marksmanship badge.

kpusa1981 said:
Why have there overall been fewer pics of WIlliam there were of Harry doing Sanhurst things?

William has to have to done all the same thing as Harry in general. William in fact did something Harry didn't by gatting the Marksmanship badge.

Perhaps because William isn't as interesting as Harry? I don't know. You raise an interesting point. William is the future King, after all.

kpusa1981 said:
Why have there overall been fewer pics of WIlliam there were of Harry doing Sandhurst things?

I wonder if it is because security has been heightened for William or could it be the media is on best behavior after the alleged illegal phone tapping.

William is IMO, careful who he has as his friends and has to be aware of who he is.

As usual I agree with you Skydragon, and I'll add to that he DETESTS the press. So if they've had to ask his permission to take snaps at Sandhurst, as payback for dogging his girlfriend, and being the harda** that I suspect he is, he probably said NO. And I don't blame him.

So all they can snap are paparazzi pics of him at polo and coming out of clubs or on vacaction. Some people hate him because they think that's all he does. Hello, he's 24. Jesus Christ he has about 75 more years to visit hospitals and appear at charity events. Cut him some slack in the first quarter of his long, grueling, life of obligatory appearances, if his great granny and granny's longevity are hereditary, and God forbid he gets some terminal illness.

Life's too short and it is not promised. He knows that personally (his mother). So with that in mind, and facing a choice of having fun now or working, I'd go with the former. Has anyone on their deathbed ever regretted working more?? Thought not. Enjoy life while you're still young enough to live it fully. And he does.

Last edited:
Luv2Cruise said:
Life's too short and it is not promised....So with that in mind, and facing a choice of having fun now or working, I'd go with the former. Has anyone on their deathbed ever regretted working more?? Thought not. Enjoy life while you're still young enough to live it fully. And he does.

Well said. In my youth, I did a lot of traveling throughout Europe, Asia and the United States, exploring new cultures, people, looking at architecture and art throughout the ages etc. I didn't need the drink to have fun with my friends and was almost was a tea-totaler(sp?). Some may be a bit critical about my lack of 'drinking experience', but I am not embarrassed that I didn't spend a lot of time and money on booze. My money went to help charities, local cultural artists and museums and zoological gardens, as well as conservation organizations before it was a fad to do so. I've had a very productive life and don't drink today (except for an occasional drink during holidays and some red wine now a then). I also did all of this before marriage and children, while I still in my 20's and mid-30's. But, I'm not perfect and don't expect the princes to be. And, I'm not a stuffy person without a great and fun life.

In reference to the princes, even I have been a little rough on both of the boys, but only in the sense of the heavy drinking. They both spend way too much time in bars that perhaps alcohol may be a problem that affects both, especially Harry. It appears, and it may very well be so, that the drink is too much part of their lives. Being photographed traveling, visiting interesting places related to their chosen occupation and interests, etc. would bode much better than leaving clubs at almost every free weekend and free time in the late-early hours of the mornings. It appears only from my own perspective that the princes have an alcohol problem. Perhaps they don't (and the way the tabloids are written about army buddies and beer etc.), but the appearances say different.

In fact, I read somewhere in a book that a 'loyal' courier stated that the then 13 William was drinking quite a bit. It may be true or not, but usually courtiers know a lit bit more than we when they comment on those matters.

We, including myself, would like to think differently and excuse a lot of their behavior. However, they are in a sense being paid to be that 'stuffy' royal. They need to be royal enough to demand the security, servants, palaces and the position they were born into, yet friendly enough for the common people. Again, without belaboring it, they have the responsibility to be not the boy next door, but the prince on the hill with the highest measure of morality, virtue, a tolerant patron of religion and race, defender of both the common folk and crown/country. It’s a big role to fill and that’s why during their youth learning comes at a sacrifice of over indulgence in vice. Perhaps the princes need new friends who do not need the drink to enjoy themselves, but can idealistically take life and use that as a drug. Conservation supposedly is an interest of William’s. Getting more involved with that and ‘conserving’ on the alcohol can also be enjoyable.:)

Last edited:
Excellent points, HRH Kimetha! I think your post was brilliant.

Skydragon said:
Soldier William says: let me join Harry's regiment

Prince William wants to become an officer in the same Household Cavalry regiment as his younger brother Prince Harry.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=405513&in_page_id=1766&in_a_source=&ito=1490
I don't believe that because William would have to start as a 2nd Lt. in B&R, Life Gaurds and the Gaurds unit not as a LT as he could in other Regiment's.
What does everyone else think?

Last edited:
Are you saying if he Joins the Welsh or Irish Guards he will start as a Lt and not 2nd Lt and outrank Henry when will Henry get a Promotion

William Army

Royal Fan said:
Are you saying if he Joins the Welsh or Irish Guards he will start as a Lt and not 2nd Lt and outrank Henry when will Henry get a Promotion
yes that is ture

Last edited:
oh dear.. I don't want to see william under pressure by family to tell him to hurry marry now.. Give William A BREAK!!!!!! LEAVE HIM ALONE Let william give his TIME........

karla64

The article says all the time "its unfair with kate" about william leaving her waiting for a propouse. Now a couple can only be happy if they are married? i don't think so... Kate can't live always waiting for William, he has the right
to do what he wants for his life, marrying or not its HIS problem.
Kate seems a little lazy for me, i mean... she wants to marry and doesn't do anything else? doesn't have a job? she's just waiting and waiting, to be a princess and to have all in her hands? kate dear, go live your life!
you can't wait to live your own life forever...

I think sometimes is unfair with william, i mean... he can't date? he has to marry? why does he have to do all people say for him to do? marrying is a very important decision for someone's life. Its not a joke or a play, its about love and respect. He's a prince, ok right. So, now just because he's a prince
he needs to marry that young?
the only person in a bad situation in this case, is WILLIAM.

karla64 said:
oh dear.. I don't want to see william under pressure by family to tell him to hurry marry now.. Give William A BREAK!!!!!! LEAVE HIM ALONE Let william give his TIME........

karla64

yeah, you're right.
with his father was the same pressure for hw get married and was a terrible desaster

the monarchy need bood young but the same error that in 1981 will be terrible for the crown,

Paula** said:
The article says all the time "its unfair with kate" about william leaving her waiting for a propouse. Now a couple can only be happy if they are married? i don't think so... Kate can't live always waiting for William, he has the right to do what he wants for his life, marrying or not its HIS problem. Kate seems a little lazy for me,

It could well be that Kate has been advised not to get a job, because of the complications it might cause. It must be very difficult to try to live a 'normal' live, when you have the media and his fans just waiting for you to make a slip.

i would agree with karla64 what talking about it

but William told press about when he going get married and he told press wait till 28 or 30 years old unlike his dad the Prince of Wales getting married to his mother the Princess Diana since 1981 for 25 years ago.

but im sure William will getting propose to Kate no matter for him when he done with army training unlike his mother who get married too early at ages 20 years old but he wanted wait till he reach become 25 or more ages.

Kate sure doesn't look like she has a problem with the situation! If she does I'm sure she and William will work it out their own way. They seem to be forging a new path and not necessarily following what the "aides" think. I think the Queen and Prince Phillip have learned from their experiences and that they will never pressure William.

I´m a year older than Kate an Will´s and in a serious relationship and I dont feel ready for marriage yet. Both my bf and I are in the middle of things, he is in his master and I ´m working. I know my mum and grandmother´s were already married and with several kids at my age but I dont feel ready for it yet. I bet many women my age will simpathize with me.

I think is stupid what the article says about Kate climbing the professional ladder to end up consort of Will´s.She should look into Letizia´s and Mary´s mirror and do somethin for her, they didnt quit their jobs just because the were girlfriends of crown prince.

I like Kate, I think she is perfect for Wills, you can see it in their eyes, and he would be very stupid if he let it pass, but is sad to see a bright girl sitting, waiting for, literaly prince charmin, to give the ring, if she doenst feel like work, fine, but she could study a master or be more serious about her job at her family´s company.

I dunno I think is up to her, and only they know what REALLY happens in their relationship and when they tie the knot, but I´d like to see
her more active.

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
It must be very difficult to try to live a 'normal' live, when you have the media and his fans just waiting for you to make a slip.

I doubt anyone had explicitly told her to not get a job. I mean she is a supposedly an independent adult correct? :rolleyes:

She is a human being, she is bound to make a mistake once in a while. Don't see what that has to do with his fans?

Do you not let a child learn how to walk because you fear he/she might fall? ;)

melissajames said:
I doubt anyone had explicitly told her to not get a job. I mean she is a supposedly an independent adult correct? :rolleyes:
She is a human being, she is bound to make a mistake once in a while. Don't see what that has to do with his fans?
Do you not let a child learn how to walk because you fear he/she might fall? ;)

Well, we will never know whether she has or has not been told not to get a job! :ermm:
The post says 'when you have the media and his fans just waiting for you to make a slip', I am sorry that you are having trouble understanding it.
Surely you would stop a child walking off the edge of a cliff, wouldn't you? :rolleyes:

Skydragon said:
Surely you would stop a child walking off the edge of a cliff, wouldn't you? :rolleyes:

Getting a job can not be used with the analogy of a near death experience. Perhaps only for those who are lazy and complacent. ;)

You are making it sound like getting a job and actually learning something might kill her and that is silly (and funny!). :lol:

Perhaps the 'higher powers' should dress her in bubble wrap and drive her around in a tank? :rolleyes:

melissajames said:
Getting a job can not be used with the analogy of a near death experience. Perhaps only for those who are lazy and complacent. ;)
This was your post wasn't it?
"Do you not let a child learn how to walk because you fear he/she might fall".

My reply, which you don't understand was this:-
"Surely you would stop a child walking off the edge of a cliff, wouldn't you"?

As I have already said, I'm sorry that you have trouble reading and understanding my posts but as I havn't resorted to personal insults, it would be reasonable if you afforded me the same courtesy, I may be complacent but I am certainly not lazy. I even turned the shower on myself this morning but, I did chip a nail! :whistling:

As none of us knows what Kate does with her life, it might be a little presumptuous to judge her, after all what you do with your life, or what I do in mine, might not be how others would choose to live, but I would hope before being too judgemental we would have all the facts. :bang:

Last edited by a moderator:
melissajames said:
....Perhaps the 'higher powers' should dress her in bubble wrap and drive her around in a tank? :rolleyes:

Hey, maybe our favorite redhead can drive her around in his tank!!;) :ROFLMAO:

HRH Kimetha said:
Hey, maybe our favorite redhead can drive her around in his tank!!;) :ROFLMAO:

Now you are asking for trouble! :lol: :ROFLMAO:

First off, just because your a royal's girlfriend you can't have a boyfriend? This is what I understood from that article...correct me if I'm wrong!
Now, if Kate really wanted to, she could get a job (any job to boot!) and climb the professional ladder. And I totally agree that she should look at the examples set by Letizia and Mary and even closer to home, Sophie Countess of Wessex! They set the example that you can have a serious relationship with a royal and still have a career. If she has not gotten a job it's becuase she does not want to...and I'm not trying to throw any dirt on this girl, but I really think it sucks that the blame for her lack of motiviation to get a decent job should fall on William only. But just my opinion.

RachelD said:
First off, just because your a royal's girlfriend you can't have a boyfriend? This is what I understood from that article...correct me if I'm wrong!

I agree with you first statement but what we have to realise is that the media are not as intrusive in the european countries.

Do we know for certain that she has not got her own internet business up and running, after all, a well run business would not require 100% of her attention 100% of the time.
Do we know for certain that she is not 'earning her keep' by helping her parents out?
As I said weeks ago, nobody could employ her, the media being what they are, the disruption to the business and the duty of care to the other members of staff, constantly being harassed to give a little 'snippet' of information.
Diana was hounded out of her job as a nursery assistant, do you think anyone has learned that lesson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom