Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 1: October-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you CasiraghiTrio! We don't know if they are dating or not, they don't speak, they don't make one comment, I cannot understand this!

I read somewhere that Pippa is about 5'6" and Catherine is about 5'9" or 5'10". That would explain the disparity in height. I do like the coat Catherine is wearing the in photos, it's really eye-catching.

Will and Harry Unlimited - Photo Gallery
I'm glad to see Prince William and Catherine together at a royal family outing. They were attending Peter Phillips 30th birthday celebrations.

Rex Features
There are a lot more photos here, I wish I could see the larger versions of those photos! I also wonder who the woman is behind the wheel of the car? Usually only Prince William or Prince Harry's bodyguards are driving, I wonder if she is a bodyguard.

I agree it is very good to see Kate and William together at a gathering of the young cousins. He ribbed Harry about being a "gooseberry," a term this yank is not familiar with, until I understand it to mean sort of a third wheel, basically. LOL

I read very recently that William has a new female bodyguard, and I believe that is who the woman behind the wheel is.

Are Kate and William together or just friends? We don't know. All we are seeing is Prince Williams sharing a ride with Katie and being invited to Balmoral along with the rest of his friends. Jecca was at the Van Cutsems wedding and Prince William visits her family this year. So I can't tell if he is friends with Kate or dating her as he is still friends with other ex. His other exs just doesn't like the limelight and have a life.

that would apply to many adults I know

Something, like that. However, "once she starts growing up" is not what I'll will say for a soon to be 26 year old, maybe a 18 year or Chelsy. :)

Oh, I dunno. I can think of some folks I know now in their 40s and up who still need to "grow up" facing challenges and responsibilities. That can apply at any age, it's how you face life's issues that can be a measure of maturity, not just time spent based on the calendar. All of us know children that can be more mature than their parents and some parents that are definitely childish. Each needs to find his own path. Pressure isn't all bad--turns carbon into diamonds eventually. I like to thing everyone is a diamond in the rough but I'm a Pollyanna. :flowers:

perfect!

I strongly object to the assumption that everybody who chooses not to work is lazy, unfulfilled, unworthwhile, unable to make something of their lives, wasters, etc, etc.
:princess3:How true!
I would prefer to be a stay at home wife or mother but since I am not, I work. Simple as that. As Kate has other options she can choose a different path for career or be on standby as it were as needed. If she doesn't want to do that I'm sure she will say enough is enough. As I have said in prior posts anyone who thinks someone who doesn't workout side of the home doesn't "work" hasn't done it! The one time I was "not working full time" for a few months had me doing more chores than ever running the household. I ended up going back to work to get a break.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, are they sharing a ride or are they dating. Prince William has shared a ride with Chelsy once so and has partied with Holly Bronson.;) So.....Is there any proof that they are dating. Until Clarence House announce her as an official girlfriend, one will never know.:lol:

They are together, they reunited when they went to the Seychelle Islands for that week's vacation in August, not to mention they flew together to Balmoral in October, and in either September or October was when Prince William made the complaint about the paparrazzi following Catherine and him when they left a club together in his car. Prince William playfully referred to his brother Prince Harry as being the "royal gooseberry" at their cousin Peter's birthday party. Catherine was there with William then, Harry was the only one there without a partner or significant other present.

I don't believe I have ever heard Clarence House make an official "girlfriend" announcement, so I don't think that can be used as a marking post to determine if they are back together as a couple. I think the best barometer is Prince William himself. Their relationship seems to be very much back on, or I don't think Prince William would even allow himself to be photographed getting into a car driven by his own bodyguard, and sitting next to Catherine. Such an action is a declaration to the press and the world that he is seeing her. Considering the long length of time they dated prior to their breakup in April, I don't think Prince William would allow himself to be seen in public with Catherine if they weren't truly a couple again.

Every time William is seen with Catherine the newspapers start a fresh round of engagement speculation stories. I do not think Prince William would open himself up to that type of frustratingly annoying speculation if he wasn't dating her again, the annoyance factor just wouldn't be worth it.

very true. william knows that any photograph with catherine is confirmation of them being a couple.

Have I missed something? Has the media i england turned their back on Kate and started to write negative things about her?

I think they should make a statement, only four words will be enough to end all those gossips "yes we are dating".

When Prince William appears in public with Catherine Middleton and gets into the same car with her, that is definitely a statement that they are dating again. I can't remember the last time I saw a photo of Prince William getting into a vehicle with a young woman who was not related to him, other than Catherine Middleton. She was photographed deerstalking at Balmoral with his father and a couple of gillies as recently as October. I think those are clear signs that they are couple.

But even though those are very obvious signs that they are dating again, it surely would be nice if they were to issue such a written statement and eliminate any doubt on our parts! :lol:

Why do some call her Catherine? It may be her long name or a middle name, but if the British press always print her as 'Kate', as does Clarence House from time to time (paparazi complaints, etc.) then that is what her name is! Are they all wrong on something as primary in reporting as this, after 3-4 years? :ermm:
It would be another incredibly poor PR image by the royal advisors if they do get engaged and it's announced that she will now go by Catherine, as that will just come off very pretentious when she is already described as a social climber and possibly with him as much for the status to be gained as anything, imo.

And if dating again or not, they are a rather boring as a royal couple. William, has unfortunately has been influenced by his father too much, imo.

I think there's a thread some where about it, but I'm too lazy to go looking for it at the moment.:rolleyes: They go into a fairly good discussion about it, if i'm remembering correctly.

Why do some call her Catherine? It may be her long name or a middle name, but if the British press always print her as 'Kate', as does Clarence House from time to time (paparazi complaints, etc.) then that is what her name is! Are they all wrong on something as primary in reporting as this, after 3-4 years? :ermm:
It would be another incredibly poor PR image by the royal advisors if they do get engaged and it's announced that she will now go by Catherine, as that will just come off very pretentious when she is already described as a social climber and possibly with him as much for the status to be gained as anything, imo.

And if dating again or not, they are a rather boring as a royal couple. William, has unfortunately has been influenced by his father too much, imo.

There was some report that Kate apparently had been called Catherine at the university and didn't like the press' nickname for her. I'm a bit suspicious. I think she was always known as Kate.

And as for being influenced by Charles, well Charles got himself in for a bit more excitement than he bargained for when he married Diana and he and his sons have the scars to prove it so its no surprise that William is dating someone calmer than Diana. I think with Diana as a mother, William was bound to be attracted to a quieter woman no matter who his father was. He's learning from his parents' mistakes. Maybe overreacting in some cases but still learning.

Again, are they sharing a ride or are they dating. Prince William has shared a ride with Chelsy once so and has partied with Holly Bronson.;) So.....Is there any proof that they are dating. Until Clarence House announce her as an official girlfriend, one will never know.:lol:
Clarence House is never going to make any formal announcement confirming them as dating. That would be silly. When the time comes, and it is coming, there will be a simple annoucement that he and Kate are engaged. Any person who has been around clearly can deduce from their 5+ years of being photographed together, holidays together with him lying his head on her bikini clad stomach with her family in tow, that they are lovers and are in a serious relationship. And have been for many years now. But what is even better is, yes, they are friends as well. Great foundation for a long and happy marriage.

Clarence House is never going to make any formal announcement confirming them as dating. That would be silly. When the time comes, and it is coming, there will be a simple annoucement that he and Kate are engaged. Any person who has been around clearly can deduce from their 5+ years of being photographed together, holidays together with him lying his head on her bikini clad stomach with her family in tow, that they are lovers and are in a serious relationship. And have been for many years now. But what is even better is, yes, they are friends as well. Great foundation for a long and happy marriage.

Kate and Prince William have had an on & off relationship (breakup and reconciling) over the past 4-5 years. There are also pictures of Prince William with his hand on another woman's breast and stories about him and Katie breaking up because he was spending to much time with Isabella Calthorp at a party.
Prince William has a very savvy young lady... | the Daily Mail

I just don't believe they have a solid foundation for a long and happy marriage IMHO. However, everyone just have to wait and see with will become of this pair. :flowers: If they do marry, I believe their marriage will be like their relationship now on and off. By the way, being friends is not the only thing that is a great foundation for a marriage. I know many couples who were "friends" but their relationship did not work. Some people are better just friends instead of dating or marrying each other. This is a prime example.

Last edited:
Please describe the circumstances of EACH and EVERY occasion when they broke up during the last 5 years. Not allegedly either. I know of two breakups: one when they were kids, a spat, and the other earlier this year, and that breakup is dubious.

If they do marry, I wish for for them as well as anyone beginning a marriage, a long and happy union.

Last edited:
I think we all get our information from newspapers, internet, magazines, etc. unless we personally know Prince William and Kate. Unfortunately, even the ones you are quoting can be stated as alleged if you didn't get the information from Prince William and Kate herself and rather from newspapers, magazines, etc.;) So, where did your information come from?

Can you please state your sources? By the way, since there were dating when both were over the age of 18 yrs old, then they were adults whenever they broke up and reconcile and not "kids".

I don't know to many young adult's getting married until they are in their late twenties or early thirties today.

We do not know if the Prince had a real fall out with Kate or just hear say. I believe Prince William and Kate were under a lot of pressure earlier from the press and not being committed to each other officially. I believe they did spilt up publically for a few weeks or about two months and then took it easy getting back with each other. But sometimes spilting up brings people closer or breaks them apart. I think in this situation it brought them together. This is only my thoughts on this relationship.:flowers:

I think that the royal family has learned alot for the break ups in the 90's. I also think that they want each other to date in the style of Sophie. Let the girls get to know the way things are going to be and let them make up their minds before another bad marriage. It seems that sophie has had the best of both worlds. She was able to make up her mind and know what the press was going to be like each day. I thinks this is what is going on and I hope that any girl ( that marries into the Royal family) will be able to have the time to do this also.

Why do some call her Catherine?
I read a report that said she had always been known to family and friends all her life as "Catherine", and that the press dubbed her "Kate". The press often gives people nicknames that they don't request, like when they coined the nickname "Shy Di" for Princess Diana. After she married Charles they often referred to her as "Princess Di".

Catherine's name is Catherine Elizabeth Middleton. If she's always been known by her first name and wasn't referred to as Kate until the press started doing so, then I reasoned why not refer to her by her real name instead of some nickname made up by the press?

I think we all get our information from newspapers, internet, magazines, etc. unless we personally know Prince William and Kate. Unfortunately, even the ones you are quoting can be stated as alleged if you didn't get the information from Prince William and Kate herself and rather from newspapers, magazines, etc.;) So, where did your information come from?

Can you please state your sources? By the way, since there were dating when both were over the age of 18 yrs old, then they were adults whenever they broke up and reconcile and not "kids".
Because those same newspaper, tabloid sources would have been all over it if they had had more than those two breakups. We have seen plenty of evidence that they are together. As they stand right now you will not see them skipping down the Kings Road hand in hand. Forget about it. From all of the photos we have seen of them together, recently, her at Balmoral, reports of her having attended Camilla's 60th, photos of her with the young royals at Peter Philips' birthday party, etc., is evidence they are dating.

IF they are just friends, I'm sure he has more female friends than just Kate. Why no pictures of those other female friends on their way to The Seychelles, nor of them descending the plane with William from a ski trip, no pictures of his other female friends with Charles at Balmoral, etc. Since Kate and William are "just friends" where are the other "female" just friends?

This is lunacy. There are other forums where they deny this relationship against all evidence to the contrary, while calling Miss Middleton every dirty name in the book. I really hope that nonsense doesn't migrate here.

Last edited:
Because those same newspaper, tabloid sources would have been all over it if they had had more than those two breakups. We have seen plenty of evidence that they are together. As they stand right now you will not see them skipping down the Kings Road hand in hand. Forget about it. From all of the photos we have seen of them together, recently, her at Balmoral, reports of her having attended Camilla's 60th, photos of her with the young royals at Peter Philips' birthday party, etc., is evidence they are dating.

There is no proof (pictures) of her attending Camilla's birthday party just reports from tabloids. Remember, the tabloid stated that she was "smuggled" in and went upstair with Prince William at the end of the party. They were supposedly so close that you couldn't stick a postage stamp in between them. ;) However, you see pictures of everyone except smuggled Kate. No pictures so there is really NO proof she was there just a report from the tabloid who was not inside the party.

IF they are just friends, I'm sure he has more female friends than just Kate. Why no pictures of those other female friends on their way to The Seychelles, nor of them descending the plane with William from a ski trip, no pictures of his other female friends with Charles at Balmoral, etc. Since Kate and William are "just friends" where are the other "female" just friends?

There is no proof that he went to Seychelles with her. There is a picture of her at a airline booth and there is a picture of him boarding a plane with his friends leaving Africa. There are no pictures of them together on Seychelles. However, tabloids did state they had the area secured so there would be no pictures (proof). Kate was at Balmoral with supposedly Prince Williams and the rest of his friends. This was reported in the newspaper, etc. with the pictures of her and Charles.:flowers: Where are the other "female" friends of Prince williams? They are being discreet and not looking to pose for the paps and then complain about it later.;)

This is lunacy. There are other forums where they deny this relationship against all evidence to the contrary, while calling Miss Middleton every dirty name in the book. I really hope that nonsense doesn't migrate here.

There are also other forums who has members that are constantly praising Kate no matter with she does and get mad if anyone don't believe or agree with them.;) I do believe people should be allowed to state their opinions.

Last edited:
I read a report that said she had always been known to family and friends all her life as "Catherine", and that the press dubbed her "Kate". The press often gives people nicknames that they don't request, like when they coined the nickname "Shy Di" for Princess Diana. After she married Charles they often referred to her as "Princess Di".

Catherine's name is Catherine Elizabeth Middleton. If she's always been known by her first name and wasn't referred to as Kate until the press started doing so, then I reasoned why not refer to her by her real name instead of some nickname made up by the press?
OK, though I am on the side with Ysbel above, that she has always been known with her shortened name, Kate. I just don't see why the press would refer to her differently if this wasn't the case; no doubt the paparazzi call her name out when she is seen in public and am guessing they are not using Catherine, when the image tags are all listing her as Kate.
The difference IMO is that "Shy Di" and "Princess Di" are nicknames, whereas Kate isn't really, unless they start calling her "Discreet Kate" or something! Kate Moss' full first name is also a Catherine, I don't think the press shortened her name before she was widely known. :flowers:

There is no proof (pictures) of her attending Camilla's birthday party just reports from tabloids. Remember, the tabloid stated that she was "smuggled" in and went upstair with Prince William at the end of the party.... They were supposedly so close that you couldn't stick a postage stamp in between them. However, you see pictures of everyone except smuggled Kate. No pictures so there is really NO proof she was there just a report from the tabloid who was not inside the party.
I saw a few pictures of immediate family of royals arriving for that party. Royals who are not chased by the paparazzi at every turn and therefore have no reason to sneak into a party. NONE of them were "smuggled," they arrived through the front door, so to speak. Nor did I see most other invitees arrive: friends of Camilla, her sister, her children and their spouses, friends of Prince Charles, etc. By this logic, that means that Princess Ann, Zara, MIke, Peter, Autumn were the only other people in attendance.

There is no proof that he went to Seychelles with her. There is a picture of her at a airline booth and there is a picture of him boarding a plane with his friends leaving Africa.
He was not with his friends. The pictures I saw of him boarding that private plane appeared to be Willliam with his bodyguards. All paparazzi photographs of him with Kate on the islands were banned via Seychelles authorities, so you would not see any photos of them. But you will never stop staff from wagging tongues to the media, hence second hand reports that they were in fact there, TOGETHER and alone. There also have been no pictures of them together inside Clarence House, which of course means she's never been there either.:rolleyes:

Kate was at Balmoral with supposedly Prince Williams and the rest of his friends. This was reported in the newspaper, etc. with the pictures of her and Charles.
Reported by the same papers that you don't believe when they report that she attended Camilla's 60th birthday party. She has also SUPPOSEDLY stayed at Teapot Cottage with William during breaks from college, and studying for exams, etc. Of course she has never been there again because of no pictures.

Where are the other "female" friends of Prince williams? They are being discreet and not looking to pose for the paps and then complain about it later.
Then where were those close female friends at the Concert for Diana, where the rest of his best friends were photographed sitting near him, i.e. Pelly, Meade, van Straubenzee, the van Cutsem brothers, Jecca Craig--who is currently in a committed relationship with another man, has been involved with other men, one of whom William apparently phoned to apologize for the FALSE rumors of a love affair with Jecca; and of course Kate, who sat one row behind him with her FAMILY and who was photographed sitting alone with him at an after concert party. ASIDE FROM HIS FIRST COUSINS ZARA, PETER, William's Spencer aunts and cousins, and Harry/Chelsy Davy's friends, where were those elusive and discrete closest FEMALE friends of William's, whom certainly he would have wanted to include at this event?? There were no photographs of them behind him or beside him, so therefore, your logic in this one instance stands: THEY WERE NOT THERE.

There are also other forums who has members that are constantly praising Kate no matter with she does and get mad if anyone don't believe or agree with them. I do believe people should be allowed to state their opinions.
They absolutely should, I agree. But to stubbornly deny what is readily apparent to Stevie Wonder, name call Miss Middleton and attack her out of misinformation and outright lies created at hate Kate Middleton internet forums is tiresome. There are other sites on the internet where that sort of thing goes on unmoderated. Again my hope is that the more outrageous and gratuitous accusations are held to a minimum here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom