Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 11: January-February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the Emir Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, his wife , Sheika Mozah, are in official visit to UK. yestday they was rercibed for the prince charles and the duchess of cornwall. was too the emir's daughter, Sheika Mayassah.

Horse photos

Skydragon said:
Why should she stay away from creatures she clearly loves. I thought the pictures of her with the horses were fabulous!
It is worth remembering that it is only nasty people who come up with nasty captions after all and I wonder how many of them would bear close scrutiny.:D.
The children seemed really excited by her visit, the animals, as always loved the attention .:D

I didn't say they weren't nice photos. My point is that I think, for HER sake, and to avoid giving those "nasties" more ammo, why go out of your way to give them something to write about? Granted, small minds think small thoughts, and nasty press/others will write what they want, but given the amount of "horsey" press commentary she's endured in the past, I would have thought her "handlers, advisers", what have you, would have advised her to avoid the horses when the press was around. She looked like she enjoyed being around the animals and I'm glad that came through in the photos, but it still seems like handing your assailant the stick to beat you with, in my opinion.

skhaynie said:
I didn't say they weren't nice photos. My point is that I think, for HER sake, and to avoid giving those "nasties" more ammo, why go out of your way to give them something to write about? Granted, small minds think small thoughts, and nasty press/others will write what they want, but given the amount of "horsey" press commentary she's endured in the past, I would have thought her "handlers, advisers", what have you, would have advised her to avoid the horses when the press was around. She looked like she enjoyed being around the animals and I'm glad that came through in the photos, but it still seems like handing your assailant the stick to beat you with, in my opinion.

Press around Camilla has been surprisingly and overwhelmingly positive lately. She gave her critics enough ammo when she started stuffing her face at every public gathering but the critics didn't bite. It looks like they've put down their stick for now. It's not the chic or in-thing anymore to bash Camilla.

skhaynie said:
Granted, small minds think small thoughts, and nasty press/others will write what they want, but given the amount of "horsey" press commentary she's endured in the past, I would have thought her "handlers, advisers", what have you, would have advised her to avoid the horses when the press was around.

Why should she avoid "horsey" events. Camilla obviously loves horses and can expect that they will not judge her.
On another tack the various animal charities, be they equine, canine or something else, need the publicity. There are plenty of public figures willing to work for childrens charities & other human endeavours but animal charities seem to be a little out of vogue lately!

wymanda said:
Why should she avoid "horsey" events. Camilla obviously loves horses and can expect that they will not judge her.
On another tack the various animal charities, be they equine, canine or something else, need the publicity. There are plenty of public figures willing to work for childrens charities & other human endeavours but animal charities seem to be a little out of vogue lately!

No she shouldn't give in to the sad and sorry individuals who choose to be spiteful and bitchy.
A lot of the animal charities already have royal patrons. The ILPH and Animal Health Trust has, for instance Princess Anne. :)

Did any of us even
t.gif
t.gif
notice this so called difference? I think they are kidding themselves.

Suits you, Sir?

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/01/29/nchas29.xml

Last edited:
Well, anything to create a controversy. If they aren't complaining that he's extravagant, they're complaining that he's being dominated by frugal sycophants, upsetting dedicated craftsmen, and looking like a used-car salesman. Can't win.

Greetings folks! I know I'm new to this forum (and this sort of communication) but I've been a 'Royals Watcher' for many years now. It seems to me that if the only thing the paps have to complain about Prince Charles is that he is saving money by changing tailors, then perhaps (just perhaps) the paps are 'hurting big time'! IMHO, it is very good to see HRH being so happy and content with his new bride.

Charles And Camilla Visit Boarding School In Gloucestershire
source: getty images

Attachments

• 56703127.jpg
    56703127.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 56703124.jpg
    56703124.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 155
  • 56703087.jpg
    56703087.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 155
Princejohnny25 said:
Well it was nice while it lasted.

Camillas rabbit fur scarf row

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006050162,00.html

Come on, the Sun is the number one source of laughter for the Royal followers, so we shouldn't care too much about its opinion, it's not worth it and besides Camilla is shutting everybody's mouth with her work so it doesn't really matter:D

Better then a Richard Kay article attacking Camilla and Charles.:)

Speaking of the Mail, what is deal lately with them and Royal articles? Lately It seems like you have to physically buy the paper to read the article. Before it seemed to me they all/mostly went on the internet site, at worst you would have to pay for Richard Kay. Living in America, I don't normally buy the Mail unless I hear about an article not on the website. Sorry I went slightly off topic.

It's more and more common for papers to put content behind subscription-only walls as more people get used to the internet. The papers have to make a living, and they can't do that if everything's free on the net. It makes it hard for us because copyright laws mean that we can't copy and paste whole articles, especially subscription-only ones, so often we have to make do with headlines.

If it's any consolation, the Mail has never been the most unbiassed source of royal information, so you may not be missing much.

Polfoto 31-01-2006 Britain's Prince Charles, right, greets Afghan President Hamid Karzai, as he arrives for dinner at Clarence House in London, Tuesday Jan.31, 2006. National envoys and representatives of many international bodies are meeting in London for a two-day conference aimed at securing future aid and support for Afghanistan, which is still plagued by violence and poverty more than four years after the fall of the Taliban regime

Attachments

• AP580357_guest.jpg
    AP580357_guest.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 106
  • AP580363_guest.jpg
    AP580363_guest.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 61.jpg
    61.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
carlota said:
Charles And Camilla Visit Boarding School In Gloucestershire
source: getty images

Very nice the Duchess of Cornwall Camilla :) always laughing :)

Prince of Wales pictured with representatives of North Bradford PCT at St James's Palace, London, Wednesday February 1, 2006, where they were presented with an award for service redesign and innovation at the NHS Alliance Accorn Awards.

from abaca

Attachments

• 454257.jpeg
    454257.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 141
  • 454252.jpeg
    454252.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 454253.jpeg
    454253.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 454254.jpeg
    454254.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 454255.jpeg
    454255.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 454256.jpeg
    454256.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Do we really need the cowmilla link?

We certainly don't, when it has a bunch of gossip and nonsense on the front page.

I have to say, the more I see of this lady, the more I like her. She seems very genuine, nice, down to earth and good with people. Not at all stuck up. Poor old Prince Charles, yet again, another wife outshines him but this time around he doesn't seem to mind. Good luck to Camilla, she had a hard time of it and I am happy to see her happy.

Its only natural for the women to get more attention. That happens everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom