Prince Louis Engaged to Scarlett-Lauren Sirgue: Apr '21, Break Off Engagement Feb '22

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't count on this being about Tessy. Tessy has got a new husband and baby, so she doesn't really seem like a threat. She also lives in a different country, so even if Scarlett found Tessy annoying, how often would she realistically have had to spend time with her? A couple of times a year maybe, as many people do with annoying relatives or in-laws.

I think there are other possibilities. Maria Teresa for instance, who we already know can be difficult and wants to be in charge of things...

I also wouldn't count out religion, which I believe someone has mentioned before. Louis + family are devout Catholics, Scarlett might not be. As someone from a Catholic family, who considers herself more of a "modern Catholic" I can tell you that even among Catholics, a lot of issues and differences can arise between those who are extremely Catholic in an old-fashioned way and want to devote every single day to their faith, and "more relaxed Catholics" or whatever you want to call it.
This could lead to all sorts of differences concerning lifestyle, how to raise children etc...

Or, since she says that thing about different visions on parenting and family, and ambitions, what if he wanted her to stay home and take care of the children (also certainly not unheard of among traditional Catholics), whereas it's really important to Scarlett to continue her career?

I absolutely agree too. I consider myself a modern day catholic and I too recieved a lot of issues from devout Catholics from my own church who were disgusted my non-catholic husband did not and would not convert to Catholicism, we lived together prior to marriage and I was clearly more relaxed than them. My sons are baptised catholic, but my parenting skills do not align with traditional and devout catholic parents. Mind you, my very Southern Italian parents are more aligned with modern Catholics while I was growing up than those who were devout.

It seems too Prince Louis parents have considerable influence on their children, and maybe this did also cause issues regarding future family etc. However, I applaud the decision they made - not an easy one short term, but better for them long- term

Wy look for a logical reason ?
If one of them does not love the other anymore or enough to marry him/her, they won't tell it to the Press, so they will have to say a very diplomatic reason.

Doubt it. I suspect that Scarlet might want children and he already has his kids.. and Tessy is a tiresome ex wife to have hanging around. So mabye during their engagement they disputed over these issues... Scarlet might have persuaded him at first to agree to have kids but he changed his mind or admitted he didn't wnat more.. and she could see as time passed that Tessy would be a pest.

Louis stated very emphatically that he was looking forward to having more children in the NY edition of PdV. So it could be that he wanted to expand their family larger than Scarlett was ready to agree to. Perhaps she simply isn't maternal at all.

What I find extremely strange is that these issues were not discussed and ironed out BEFORE they became engaged.

There is simply no way a mature couple would agree to marry one another without discussing this.

Again...I refuse to believe that the conflict involved one on them not wanting more children...at least not Louis.

As the couple stated it was their "vision" of how the children would be raised that was a big problem.

She knew when he proposed that he comes from a public family. She knew that his family was catholic. She knew the kind of mother in law she would have. Yet she still accepted his proposal. My theory is that she couldnt digest the attachment Louis had with his ex wife almost an inappropriate attachment ( attending the christening of your ex wifes new baby)

I seem to agree with you Vicky7. I was wondering if there could be a problem with Louis' sons and Scarlet too.

I bought Point de Vue of this Week

Prince Louis and Scarlett asked Point de Vue to come in a living room of parisian building of the XVIe arrondissement for un interview they did not expect !

Prince Louis :" Nous n'allons pas nous marier (.......) "

Point de Vue (what has happen ?)

Prince Louis :" (.......) Nous avons toujours essayé d'être d'une honnêteté complète ensemble. Même si cette honnêteté nous fait du mal aujourd'hui, nous sommes convaincus, plus que jamais, qu'elle est cruciale."

Scarlett :
"En réfléchissant beaucoup , en allant au fond des choses, nous avons fini par admettre qu'en tant que famille, en tant que parents, nous avons des visions qui divergent trop. Nos ambitions dans la vie sont différentes.........) "

Prince Louis (... " I explained to my Sons Gabriel and Noah what has happen. . Ils ont eu du chagrin mais ils savent qu'ils continueront à la voir , qu'ils pourront compter sur elle toute leur vie. Pour ma part, je demeure également très proche de toute la famille de Scarlett .........)"

The interview came at its end . Both don't want to speak anymore about the wedding which will not happen. When they left they gave to Point de Vue a statement they wrote to gether.

Déclaration commune
"Nous avons décidé de ne pas continuer notre relation amoureuse, tout en restant profondément attachés par l'amitié et la tendresse. C'est une décision que nous avons prise d'un commun accord, après mûre réflexion. Nous restons fortement liés par un grand respect et une véritable admiration l' un pour l' autre " Louis et Scarlett

The part in which Louis states that he explained the situation to his sons and that they understand that they will continue to see her and can count on Scarlett all their lives seems rather misplaced. Especially the latter is quite a promise to make and not an easy one to keep (nor a necessary one to make - it is not that they hardly have anyone else who cares about them that they need to rely on their father's former fiancée for the rest of their lives).

I agree , we had too less informations and therefore I bought the Magazine.

Louis seems to be doing a lot of explaining etc.. really he does not owe the world an explanation.. he's siad they are not getting married and they will remain friends.. isn't that enough?

She knew when he proposed that he comes from a public family. She knew that his family was catholic. She knew the kind of mother in law she would have. Yet she still accepted his proposal. My theory is that she couldnt digest the attachment Louis had with his ex wife almost an inappropriate attachment ( attending the christening of your ex wifes new baby)

I see nothing inappropriate in attending a baptism of a dear friend's child, even when that friend happens to be an ex.

I see nothing inappropriate in attending a baptism of a dear friend's child, even when that friend happens to be an ex.

They didn't come across as 'friends' during the rancorous divorce proceedings.

They didn't come across as 'friends' during the rancorous divorce proceedings.

Once the fighting was over, the settlement settled, maturity seems to have taken over. I think it is not so rare that exes still can feel friendly feelings for each other, especially when they have responsibility for children.

It does feel like too much oversharing. They were engaged. They broke it. It happens. All those explanations just prolong the hard period and create the impression that something rather ugly happened.

Imo the only time exs with children should meet is when it involves the children that they made together. Birthdays, graduations, weddings, anything that celebrates the child that you two share both should be in attendance. But attending your ex wifes new baby christening is not cool and Scarlett didnt think its cool if we go by her face in the pictures. You need to give respect to your new partner by setting boundaries.

Couldn't Scarlett have politely declined if she really didn't want to be there?

No one would have been the wiser.:cool:

Imo the only time exs with children should meet is when it involves the children that they made together. Birthdays, graduations, weddings, anything that celebrates the child that you two share both should be in attendance. But attending your ex wifes new baby christening is not cool and Scarlett didnt think its cool if we go by her face in the pictures. You need to give respect to your new partner by setting boundaries.

I agree. Tessy is overdoing it and Louis doesn't have enough backbone to say "stop". Maybe she put pressure on him attending the baptism for the sake of the sons. And, very important, she does not want to be forgotten that she had the title "princess" and once belonged to a royal family. Constant pictures with Louis are reminding the world who she still is. You can see that clearly on her daily IG posts. Having a good relationship with the ex because of coparenting is very nice, but it doesn't necessary have to be all over social media. It could be kept private. The picture showing Louis with her newborn ist very weird!!
Scarlett could have said "no" , but maybe she did him the favour or did it for the sons. But in reality she probably hated it and also was unhappy with Tessy's permanent oversharing and intrusions.
I just can't help it, but I think that the ex's influence which was always present was one of the reasons Scarlett broke off the engagement.
Louis looks like a weak person to me much under influence of women. As I said before he should have set boundaries but didn't.

Scarlett is the owner of Scarly Brand.
With the cancel of her engagement she is again in the highlight.

Scarlett is the owner of Scarly Brand.
With the cancel of her engagement she is again in the highlight.

@maria-olivia, you got the wrong brand. Scarly was a clothing line Scarlett Lauren Sirgue launched after their then engagement was announced, and not
“La boutique de Scarly est une boutique de bougies végans et artisanales” when you google it.

It was very questionable timing to launch something days after your engagement to a Prince was announced and it raised my eyebrows for sure with a side eye that she mentioned this now defunct clothing line during her engagement interview with Point de Vue ?

If I recall correctly, Scarlett shut it down by that summer, so summer 2021. As I’ve just joined The Royal Forums, sorry to be replying to old posts. I took the liberty of researching more about this topic and it
looks like Scarlett will be relaunching Scarly. Google “Scarly Brand” and “Scarly Shop Paris” and it will show that Scarlett Lauren’s older sister is the company President amongst other company information.

Louis de Nasau worked with Archibad Sirgue (Scarlett's Brother) for SIBE Mediation in Paris .
Now Archibald works alone .
I think Louis started himself a Mediation Center and is Mediator.

Louis de Nasau worked with Archibad Sirgue (Scarlett's Brother) for SIBE Mediation in Paris .
Now Archibald works alone .
I think Louis started himself a Mediation Center and is Mediator.
@maria-olivia, Louis and Archibald Sirgue started Sibe Mediation in September 2020. There’s many websites that show the legal documents of this company online. They closed it down September 2021. I figured something was up when I couldn’t get onto the website weeks before news of Louis and Scarlett Lauren’s engagement ending, which btw totally unrelated, I heard ended in January 2022 and wasn’t announced until late February if I’m not mistaken.

Louis has multiple jobs currently. He is a freelance coach for dyslexia, a Professional Coach at Puissance DYS (he taught some classes I believe last summer in the South of France), he is also an advisor at Magrid Learning Solutions (a Luxembourg company) and he is also a Mediator and Project Coordinator for a Paris based company called Intelligences Alternatives. He seems to be doing very well in his professional life.

It’s unfortunate that most people only know Louis for his choice of women and not because of his passions in law and helping those with dyslexia. He seems to be more involved in official Luxembourg functions compared to Felix, Alexandra, and Sebastien and dare I say HGD Stephanie (I love her too but she hasn’t worked a lot from her marriage to now :/ ).

I hope to see Princess Beatrice do a project with him in the future.

I also wanted to add, I have read somewhere that Scarlett Lauren Sirgue is friends with Archduke Alexander Hapsbourg-Lorraine’s fiancée, Natacha Roumiantzoff. If there is any truth to this, Scarlett will probably be in attendance at his wedding next month in Belgium. I just hope she and Louis don’t stand next to each other nor are they photographed together, we all saw how royal watchers reacted when they saw Prince Sebastien walking beside a girl that turned out to be Prince Johan Wenzel of Liechtenstein’s sister at his wedding in June…

@Maria-Olivia, Louis and Archibald Sirgue started Sibe Mediation in September 2020. There’s many websites that show the legal documents of this company online. They closed it down September 2021. I figured something was up when I couldn’t get onto the website weeks before news of Louis and Scarlett Lauren’s engagement ending, which btw totally unrelated, I heard ended in January 2022 and wasn’t announced until late February if I’m not mistaken.

Louis has multiple jobs currently. He is a freelance coach for dyslexia, a Professional Coach at Puissance DYS (he taught some classes I believe last summer in the South of France), he is also an advisor at Magrid Learning Solutions (a Luxembourg company) and he is also a Mediator and Project Coordinator for a Paris based company called Intelligences Alternatives. He seems to be doing very well in his professional life.

It’s unfortunate that most people only know Louis for his choice of women and not because of his passions in law and helping those with dyslexia. He seems to be more involved in official Luxembourg functions compared to Felix, Alexandra, and Sebastien and dare I say HGD Stephanie (I love her too but she hasn’t worked a lot from her marriage to now :/ ).

I hope to see Princess Beatrice do a project with him in the future.

I also wanted to add, I have read somewhere that Scarlett Lauren Sirgue is friends with Archduke Alexander Hapsbourg-Lorraine’s fiancée, Natacha Roumiantzoff. If there is any truth to this, Scarlett will probably be in attendance at his wedding next month in Belgium. I just hope she and Louis don’t stand next to each other nor are they photographed together, we all saw how royal watchers reacted when they saw Prince Sebastien walking beside a girl that turned out to be Prince Johan Wenzel of Liechtenstein’s sister at his wedding in June…

I always had a soft spot for Louis. He has been ridiculed, got bound at such a young age, 18 I believe, to that awful attention seeking woman. He is a very shy person and doesn't share a lot of himself and his activities on social media. That is another thing for which he has my sympathies. Putting him and his activities more into the focus would be a task that the GD Court should do, but they seem to be very lazy about promoting their children, except for the heir.

Coming to Scarlett who is a successful lawyer I quite never understood why she felt the need to open up a fashion store. that was ridiculous and unneccesary. As if we didn't have hundreds of movie stars and wannabe stars plus exroyals who are greedy enough to earn money by selling fashions, perfumes, cosmetics children's books, design cups and saucers and what not.

Another thing I forgot to mention. Does anybody know what Felix is doing? They used to manage the wine estate in Southern France which is owned by Claire's billionaire father. Now they are living in Geneva, I guess. But what does he do all day? What about Sebastien, the youngest son who is also 30. What is he doing, working , at the military? The last thing I heard about him was that he took part in a 4 week internship at a forest project in Germany. But that is a while ago.

Another thing I forgot to mention. Does anybody know what Felix is doing? They used to manage the wine estate in Southern France which is owned by Claire's billionaire father. Now they are living in Geneva, I guess. But what does he do all day? What about Sebastien, the youngest son who is also 30. What is he doing, working , at the military? The last thing I heard about him was that he took part in a 4 week internship at a forest project in Germany. But that is a while ago.
I think Felix still works with Claire’s family and I think he also works with friends with a brand called Young Empire.

Princes Felix and Sebastien has nothing to do with , please move it on their personal thread.

I always had a soft spot for Louis. He has been ridiculed, got bound at such a young age, 18 I believe, to that awful attention seeking woman. He is a very shy person and doesn't share a lot of himself and his activities on social media. That is another thing for which he has my sympathies. Putting him and his activities more into the focus would be a task that the GD Court should do, but they seem to be very lazy about promoting their children, except for the heir.

Coming to Scarlett who is a successful lawyer I quite never understood why she felt the need to open up a fashion store. that was ridiculous and unneccesary. As if we didn't have hundreds of movie stars and wannabe stars plus exroyals who are greedy enough to earn money by selling fashions, perfumes, cosmetics children's books, design cups and saucers and what not.
@hereditarytitles I also have a soft spot for Louis. I hope the Cour does more of an effort to promote Louis’ work with dyslexia but sadly all efforts are on the Grand Duke, Grand Duchess and Hereditary Grand Duke, understandable, but I feel like they could reach more of their country people if Louis and the other children are involved with the other events the main 3 (4 if you include HGD Stephanie) don’t want to do. Think late HMQEII’s cousins type of work.

And honestly, Scarlett IMO was just capitalizing on her 15 minutes of fame. I guess she realized being engaged to a Prince wasn’t going to help sell her clothing line when she shut it down after less than 3 months. Let’s just say I wasn’t surprised the engagement ended. I had my suspicions it was over when she wasn’t in Switzerland with Louis and his family for Christmas (understandable since she’s Jewish and her family has their own traditions) and New Year’s like many thought here on this forum. I always thought it would end in a short marriage-divorce after reading their engagement interview and how she was beginning to behave like Tessy. Too many red flags.

If you want to continue talking about Louis’ work, I’ll be happy to talk about it on his board. Lol I feel like when I reply here, people are probably thinking they got back together!

Interesting. Hopefully they found a way to deal with the issues that led them to break off their engagement 2 years ago.

I remember for the 2023 predictions thread I said something about Louis and Scarlett being seen together once again, showing they were back together. Now I wish I had put it in the 2024 thread too. lol.

Their break-up always seemed a little random. And with him being so entrenched with her family (a working relationship with her brother), they seemed rife for a reconciliation.

Back
Top Bottom