Prince Jean Christophe Napoléon and Princess Olympia and Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't see one, but Count Banquet d'Orx was there. He's a descendant of Napoleon III.

Desdendant of Napoleon III?
Napoleon III's only son, Napoléon, Prince Imperial was killed during Anglo-Zulu War in 1979, aged only 23, as a childless bachelor.

P.S. Prince Charles Napoleon is a handsome elderly man.

Last edited:
Desdendant of Napoleon III?
Napoleon III's only son, Napoléon, Prince Imperial was killed during Anglo-Zulu War in 1979, aged only 23, as a childless bachelor.

P.S. Prince Charles Napoleon is a handsome elderly man.
Like his uncle and predecessor, Napoleon III had a very active lovelife and fathered children out of wedlock.

The French Revolution for Equality and against Royalty and Nobility, that ended with an Emperor to rule 'em all...

And 200 years later this Emperor's rembering service is visited by nobles, which are his descendents...

Sounds all a bit paradox!

And Prince Jean-Christophe himself is half a Bourbon by birth, also a paradox.
And he is no descendant of the Emperor at all: another paradox.

Jerôme Bonaparte, König von Westfalen
x Catharina, Prinzessin von Württemberg

Napoléon-Jerôme Bonaparte
x Maria-Clotilde, principessa di Savoia

Victor Bonaparte, prince Napoléon
x Clémentine, princesse de Belgique

Louis-Napoléon Bonaparte, prince Napoléon
x Alix des comtes de Foresta

Charles Bonaparte, prince Napoléon
x Beatrice, principessa di Borbone-Due Sicilie

Jean-Christophe Bonaparte, prince Napoléon
x Olympia, Gräfin von und zu Arco-Zinneberg

Since 2 years he had Cancer .He succeeded to attend the Wedding of 2 of his 6 Girls.

Prince Jean-Cristophe and Princess Olympia attended a dinner hosted by François Hollande in Paris on November 17 in support of the Legion of Honor by General Benoît Puga:

** Pic ** pdv article **

Prince Jean-Cristophe and Princess Olympia attended a dinner hosted by François Hollande in Paris on November 17 in support of the Legion of Honor by General Benoît Puga:

** Pic ** pdv article **

Prince and Princess Napoleon make a fantastic looking couple...both of them very tall and elegant.;)

And Prince Jean-Christophe himself is half a Bourbon by birth, also a paradox.
And he is no descendant of the Emperor at all: another paradox.

As Napoleon I had no direct descendants from his marriages apart from the duke of Reichstadt, it is not a paradox, because the duke died young and childless.

Napoleon I's wife and mother to the duke was Marie Louise of Austria, so even Napoleon's son was half an Habsburg-Lothringen by birth.

Napoleon wanted to form a dynasty and through the ascendence of his nephew Napoleon III to the throne of the French empire it became one. Now Jean-Christophe is the most senior male descendent from the Bonaparte-family and through the marriage of his father and their male ancestors to (mostly) princesses from reigning houses he has lots of other most noble bloodlines. But I don't see a paradox in this, apart from the fact that the "Bonaparte-dynasty" was originately "procreated" by Charles-Marie Bonaparte, once a Corsican diplomate serving on the court of Louis XVI., who died years before the French revolution. He was the father of Napoleon I. and grandfather of Napoleon III. and is the direct ancestor of prince Napoleon.

As Napoleon I had no direct descendants from his marriages apart from the duke of Reichstadt, it is not a paradox, because the duke died young and childless.

There are still living direct descendants of Napoleon I from his first marriage through his oldest son HIH Prince Eugène, who was born to his first wife and adopted by him. But it is true that they would not be in line to the throne under the succession laws of the first or second French empire.

There are still living direct descendants of Napoleon I from his first marriage through his oldest son HIH Prince Eugène, who was born to his first wife and adopted by him. But it is true that they would not be in line to the throne under the succession laws of the first or second French empire.
One of Napoleon's descendants, Count Nicolas Colonna-Walewski was a guest at Jean-Christophe and Olympia's wedding.

Last edited:

but they are no blood relatives of him as he wasn't Eugene's natural father.

It is wonderful news that Prince Jean Christophe Napoleon and Princess Olympia are expecting a baby.
If they have a son, will he be Napoleon VIII or Napoleon IX?

No absolutely not.
Prince Louis Napleon's wife , his grand mother , born Alix de Foresta is still alive.

Journalist Fredric de Natal from the Revue Dynastie reports that Prince Jean-Christophe & Princess Olimpia had a son on the 7th of December. The new prince and heir to the Bonaparte legacy is called Louis Charles Riprand Jerome Marie (that's a mouthful, isn't it?!).

Journalist Fredric de Natal from the Revue Dynastie reports that Prince Jean-Christophe & Princess Olimpia had a son on the 7th of December. The new prince and heir to the Bonaparte legacy is called Louis Charles Riprand Jerome Marie (that's a mouthful, isn't it?!).
Congrats to the couple, what lovely news especially after the passing both her father and grandmother. The name being a mouthful isn’t shocking.

Lovely news indeed. Nice that the names of both grand fathers have been used. I thought that the relationship between the prince and his father was somewhat strained.

-
The title of this thread has been edited.

Lovely news indeed. Nice that the names of both grand fathers have been used. I thought that the relationship between the prince and his father was somewhat strained.

-

I don’t think he and his father had issues and he’s a descendant of Jerome Bonaparte so the name was fitting IMO.

-

The Prince's grandfather had issues with his son, but Jerome and Jean-Christophe seem to get along well.

Louis for his great grand father , Riprand for his late grandfather.

Congratulations on the new Imperial Prince!
Victor would be after Victor, Prince Napoleon known as Napoleon V.

The young prince shares his birthday with the future queen of the Netherlands.

I didn't realize that both Jean Christoph's and Olympia's mother are called Beatrice, so for a girl that name would have definitely been included. Probably for a future child if they also end up having a daughter. For now, congrats to the new parents!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the new baby's name, but I admit that when I heard "Louis Charles" my mind went to the Capetians or Bourbons, not the Bonaparte!;)

Happy news for Prince and Princess Napoleon. Can't wait to see photos!

Strange that there is not even one photo of the newborn heir been published.

Back
Top Bottom