Prince Henrik Diagnosed with Dementia: September 2017 & Further Health Issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh this is difficult news, poor Henrik. I'm particularly sad for Isabella. I've always liked the close relationship she and Henrik share.

Not good news but where there is life there is always hope. Best wishes to the DRF.

Trine Larsen from Billed Bladet is one of the two journalists in DK who know PH the best and she was asked to comment to TV2.

She said that this statement from the court was to prevent speculations, because many would know that Frederik has left South Korea, - and left on this the opening day of the Olympics. So his absence would of course be very much noted.

I've glanced at the media and social medias as well and the statement combined with Frederik hurrying back has led practically everyone to conclude that it's now only a matter of time. People are expressing their sympathy for QMII and the rest of the DRF and some of the media have also officially expressed their sympathy.
BB being one of them: https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/dronning-margrethes-svaere-tid

The news is not good for Prince Henrik. CP Frederik returns in Denmark.

"The state of his Royal Highness Prince Henrik is unfortunately greatly worsened.

His Royal Highness The Crown Prince has thus discontinued his stay in South Korea, where he was in conjunction with the winter Olympics. The Crown Prince is now on his way to Denmark.

Kongehuset currently has no additional information."

H.K.H. Prins Henriks tilstand forværret | Kongehuset
The fact that Frederic left when he was due to attend the opening means a lot I fear....:sad:

Yes, the fact that Frederick left South Korea is very telling. Also, his brother's statement about it only being weeks is not a good sign. My thoughts go out to PH and the family.

Given that the Crown Prince has returned precipitately home to Denmark, I think the end cannot be far off.

Prayers for the Prince, his dear wife, his family and the people of Denmark.

Countess Alexandra has issued a statement that sounds like a obituary in anything but name!

https://www.bt.dk/royale/alexandra-vi-er-dybt-beroerte-henrik-har-altid-vaeret-en-inspiration

In response to what I presume is a request for a comment by BT, her secretary has responded with the following mail:
"Prince Henrik means and has always meant for all three of them, both as a caring and present grand pap. But also as a supportive, humorous and vivacious father-in-law/friend for the Countess.
Prince Henrik's large commitment and colossal knowledge about all the facets of life is a quality which the Countess in particular appreciate and find so very much inspiring".

Prins Henrik betyder, og har altid betydet utroligt meget for dem alle tre både som en omsorgsfuld og nærværende grand pap. Men også som en støttende, humoristisk og livsglad svigerfar/ven for Grevinden.
Prins Henriks store engagement og kolossale viden om alle livets facetter er en egenskab, som grevinden især værdsætter og i den grad finder inspirerende«,

- Other friends and associates of PH and the DRF have opted not to comment however. - One being quoted for declining to comment "out of respect for the royal family".

Last edited:
My thoughts go out to Prince Henrik. No matter what happens, I hope that his Danish and French families and friends will be at his side.

As family and friends gather around Henrik in person and in their thoughts, I pray that there's an overwhelming sense of peace, joy and togetherness and that they're all able to express their love for each other. Should it be time Henrik goes Home, may it be a peaceful and serene passing wrapped in love.

Countess Alexandra has issued a statement that sounds like a obituary in anything but name!

https://www.bt.dk/royale/alexandra-vi-er-dybt-beroerte-henrik-har-altid-vaeret-en-inspiration

In response to what I presume is a request for a comment by BT, her secretary has responded with the following mail:
"Prince Henrik means and has always meant for all three of them, both as a caring and present grand pap. But also as a supportive, humorous and vivacious father-in-law/friend for the Countess.
Prince Henrik's large commitment and colossal knowledge about all the facets of life is a quality which the Countess in particular appreciate and find so very much inspiring".

Prins Henrik betyder, og har altid betydet utroligt meget for dem alle tre både som en omsorgsfuld og nærværende grand pap. Men også som en støttende, humoristisk og livsglad svigerfar/ven for Grevinden.
Prins Henriks store engagement og kolossale viden om alle livets facetter er en egenskab, som grevinden især værdsætter og i den grad finder inspirerende«,

- Other friends and associates of PH and the DRF have opted not to comment however. - One being quoted for declining to comment "out of respect for the royal family".
Oh wow! It does sound a little like an obituary.

Prince Joachim and his two eldest, Nikolai & Felix, have arrived at the hospital.

According to the Danish press, the queen is also at Henrik's side.

Last edited:
I fear the absolute worst for poor prince Henrik... May god give strenght to him and his entire family...My thoughts and prayers all for them...:,(

Oh, no! This is awful! Poor Prince Henrik, poor Queen Margrethe, his children and grandchildren.

I feel absolutely dreadful for having said things about his seeming tantrums and unusual fashion sense in the past. I do hope for a peaceful passing for him if that is his fate.

I have the same exact feelings Curryong. If this is PH's time, then I hope it is a peaceful one.

As sad as it is to say, it is unlikely Henrik has weeks left if they have had Frederik brought back from South Korea.

As sad as it is to say, it is unlikely Henrik has weeks left if they have had Frederik brought back from South Korea.
Perhaps now he is still conscious and they can say their goodbyes.

If in fact there is no longer any true help for Henrik to have a viable form of life, I pray that God will take him home soon and give him and his family peace. Their love that always surrounds him will help give him calm peace also. That is so important to all. He was given a beautiful life on this earth and I believe now he will go to an even better one. This is my true wish and belief for him .

It is a wonderful comment and very accurate, I think. As strict as Henri was to his sons, as an oldfashioned French Pater Familias, as absolutely devoted he seems to be to his grandchildren and his daughters-in-law.

If PH should pass away imminently we may see other royals also return to Europe from the games as he's sure to have a funeral attended by senior members of most royal families.

That all depends on when a funeral is scheduled and who from the other houses is chosen to attend.

If PH should pass away imminently we may see other royals also return to Europe from the games as he's sure to have a funeral attended by senior members of most royal families.

Yes, but any funeral will not be for a few days after his passing.

We also have to remember that Henrik was pretty adamant about how his funeral and burial were to be. It wouldn't surprise me if the family announces a private funeral and burial as per Henrik's wishes.

Lets not cross any bridges until we come to them. For now, lets just hope and pray that things are peaceful and the family is all together supporting Henrik and each other. That's what really matters.

If it is time now for Henrik to close his eyes I wish him a tender passing without pains.

But nonetheless I still hope for a miracle.

This is so sad!!! And for Frederik to come home from the Olympics so urgent, I suspect the Prince's life is in danger. I wish for miracle to happen, but if it doesn't happen I wish for a passing without pain. My heart is with him and the royal family.

What I say can be controversial, but maybe it would be better for him to go Home now, than in 10 years, when he would probably be just lying down, mute, not recognizing his close ones...without awareness who he is.:unsure:
10-15 years with Alzheimer Disease is literally a torment, for the ill one and for his family (guardians); in the later stages ill people may even escape from home yelling "Help, he is going to kill me!", pour the soup out to the sink, because he is convinced that his guardian wants to poison him (The known and recognizable space is shrinking more and more to the patient!), put a spoon into an electric outlet and cause an electrical short circuit, break the mirror with his own fist, seeing his own reflection as a stranger...

Just my thoughts.

Not controversial to me. My family just concluded our own journey with AD last spring. The end comes only after much suffering on every side.

Has Frederik arrived yet? Poor man, this is the second time he has had to rush home from the other side of the world to be with a loved one.

:previous: Not at all, Biri.
I also hope that if he is to die, better now than later.
No need to explain why, you did that very well.

Frederik is not yet back in DK.
A lot of people express their hopes that Frederik will return in time.
Only the family is allowed to visit PH. So no personal friends have visited him. - And those who have chosen to comment are openly talking as if this is the end of the road.

I can't help wondering whether PH has asked for Frederik.
It must also be a deja vu for Frederik. The last time he got a similar call, he was in Australia and he came home in the evening and Queen Ingrid passed away the next day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom