Prince Harry Current Events 15: November 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK, Prince Harry can go to Iraq but any deployment wouldn't be able to as publicised as Prince Andrew's service in the Falklands was because it's simply a different enemy who will treat the deployment in a very different way.

MARG said:
But I bet both papers paid a "small" renumeration to get this latest "Hot Gossip". :ROFLMAO:

A case of champagne, a meal or three in a top London club, of course they would never accept money, would they! :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Here's a more complete article about Harry's going to Iraq from CNN.

Prince Harry trains for possible Iraq duty

A British newspaper reported Sunday that Prince Harry was scheduled to begin final training for deployment to Iraq with his Army regiment -- but the defense ministry said no decision had been made on whether his regiment would be deployed.
The News of The World said the prince, who is third in line to the throne, would take part in a two-day pre-deployment course which includes instruction in basic Arabic phrases.

It is quoting a News of the World article but I don't know how reliable News of the World is.

News of the World is a red-top-type tabloid, so... you know.

When Prince Andrew was deployed was Prince William already born I can't remember? Perhaps that is why he could go there was already someone in line to the throne before him.

Lily

I think Andrew came back a couple of weeks before William was born. It used to be on his Wiki profile but it has been edited. Either way the Falklands War started in April 82.

Andrew was on the Invincible during the war as a Sea King pilot. He was still in the Falklands arena when the war finished on 14th June 1982.
William was born 21st June 1982, therefore when he was in the Falklands, Andrew was still 2nd in line.

iceflower said:
Prince Harry gets into a car with Chelsy Davy after leaving the Cuckoo club January 14, 2007 in London, England. (Photos by Nat Travers/Getty Images)

Harry and Chelsy
In the car
Click here for more!

Really great to see new pictures of Harry and Chelsy out and about. Thanks for posting.

Skydragon said:
Andrew was on the Invincible during the war as a Sea King pilot. He was still in the Falklands arena when the war finished on 14th June 1982.
William was born 21st June 1982, therefore when he was in the Falklands, Andrew was still 2nd in line.

But Diana was pregnant, maybe that changed it ;)

Princess Robijn said:
But Diana was pregnant, maybe that changed it ;)
I doubt it. Nothing is set in stone. Just because Princess Diana was pregnant didn't mean she would produce a perfectly healthy "Heir" (or in this case second-in-line).
Remeber how close Prince Edward came to losing both his wife and child, and that 20 years of technology later. The BRF are nothing if not cautious.

MARG said:
I doubt it. Nothing is set in stone. Just because Princess Diana was pregnant didn't mean she would produce a perfectly healthy "Heir" (or in this case second-in-line).
Remeber how close Prince Edward came to losing both his wife and child, and that 20 years of technology later. The BRF are nothing if not cautious.

the malvinas's war finished in june 14, 1982, andrew go because he was in service when the war start, if diana was or don't was pregnant was the same thing, he have to go to the isles, now harry is the second in the line, I thinkn that with william would be diffferent

corazon said:
the malvinas's war finished in june 14, 1982, andrew go because he was in service when the war start, if diana was or don't was pregnant was the same thing, he have to go to the isles, now harry is the second in the line, I thinkn that with william would be diffferent

The Argentinians surrendered 14th June but Britain formally declared an end to hostilities on the 20th and the troops were stood down on the 21st, with some ships returning home.
http://www.yendor.com/vanished/falklands-war.html
http://www.falklandswar.org.uk/chron.htm
The question being answered was whether or not Diana being pregnant made any difference in the decision to allow Andrew, 2nd in line, to fight in a war. It seems not as it was impossible to guarantee safe delivery of the child (William).

Skydragon said:
The Argentinians surrendered 14th June but Britain formally declared an end to hostilities on the 20th and the troops were stood down on the 21st, with some ships returning home.
http://www.yendor.com/vanished/falklands-war.html
http://www.falklandswar.org.uk/chron.htm
The question being answered was whether or not Diana being pregnant made any difference in the decision to allow Andrew, 2nd in line, to fight in a war. It seems not as it was impossible to guarantee safe delivery of the child (William).

Thnx for the response :flowers:

Can I ask what on earth the British press think they're doing by telling us where Prince Harry is likely to be stationed in Iraq? Haven't they ever heard of "Careless Talk Costs Lives"? Britain is at war and wartime rules apply. This sort of reporting is dangerous and it will put British servicemen and women in grave danger. Do the British press have any sense whatsoever?

BeatrixFan said:
Can I ask what on earth the British press think they're doing by telling us where Prince Harry is likely to be stationed in Iraq? Haven't they ever heard of "Careless Talk Costs Lives"? Britain is at war and wartime rules apply. This sort of reporting is dangerous and it will put British servicemen and women in grave danger. Do the British press have any sense whatsoever?

No more sense than the American press, which has publicized a lot of information about operations that were supposed to be classified.

corazon said:
... now harry is the second in the line...
Harry is third in line to the Throne:
1. Charles
2. William
3. Harry

^haha

He looks so good in both sets of pictures! So happy to see new pictures of him.

ha ha ha, so funny photo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom