Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Current Events 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t seen any announcement regarding Meghan for the Queen’s Birthday concert. Do we have a source?

Go into the link in the following post and you will see Meghan's schedule for the coming week. Scroll to April 21st, and yes, it is stated that 'Royal reporters believe it is very likely that Meghan will join Harry for the Queen's Birthday Party concert at the Royal Albert Hall. The event will include a special speech by Prince Harry." So it's not an announcement but the opinion of 'royal reporters'. That's what I based my post on. :flowers:

I have to say the schedule is pretty impressive (see link below). "Hit the ground running"...yeah I'd say so. The introductory tour of the U.K. with Harry was to be expected but I'm pretty amazed by this level of Meghan involvement in official events pre-wedding. Interesting to see how KP decides what events they'll attend as a couple over the next month. Also at what point do they shut it down to focus on final wedding prep.

Last edited:
Impressive schedule. It imho shows, that Meghan is very eager to work, and the RF appreciate it, and want to use her.

As for tokenism. I hope no one expects Meghan to not attend certain event in fear of tokenism talk. Meghan is always going to be biracial, and for her not to do some engagements because of that feat, would just be crazy. Like we see, shea attending multiple other engagements as well.

Again it's Commonwealth related. Anzac Day is a public holiday of commemoration here in Australia, the first time Aussie troops went into battle, landing at Gallipoli at Anzac Cove in 1915 on April 25th. World War One.

Our ex soldiers and veterans of all wars march in our major cities on that day to remember those who fought in all wars and there are ceremonies at cenotaphs all over the country. No more Diggers left from WWI of course and precious few from the Second World War. Even our Vietnam vets are getting old. However, it remains an important day for us here.

I am going to guess the rumor of them kicking off a tour of Australia and New Zealand after Invictus is becoming more and more likely.

I am also seeing this as a distinct possibility. Not only going "down under" for the Invictus Games but it would be so easy and so appropriate for them to continue on with having an "official" tour of Australia and New Zealand to kick off Harry's official roles as an ambassador to the Commonwealth with his wife besides him.

It couldn't get any more perfect than this. With the Invictus Games being held in October, it would have been around that time that they would have probably taken on a tour somewhere like Will and Kate did with Canada after the wedding. This way, they'd merge two very good reasons together to travel to Australia. :D

Here is a very details memo about the event. They attending two services and walking a parade.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbEjXKkXkAAu6LR.jpg:large

I am going to guess the rumor of them kicking off a tour of Australia and New Zealand after Invictus is becoming more and more likely.

I read it as only Harry will be involved with the parade?

But nevertheless, it's an impressive schedule for a royal fiancee.

^^ You are correct. He will attend the parade and meet her at the second service.

Harry also has an event the next day. I wonder if this will be the last of their engagements before the wedding. You would think they would want some downtime and start those last minute preparations.

^^ You are correct. He will attend the parade and meet her at the second service.

Harry also has an event the next day. I wonder if this will be the last of their engagements before the wedding. You would think they would want some downtime and start those last minute preparations.

I would completely understand if they took it easy until the wedding, but Meghan did say they can multitask. :lol: So I'm hoping we'll see more of them.

I know brides race around but do Royal grooms undertake extensive preparations? I would have thought--uniform ready, tick, honeymoon in conjunction with bride, ditto, mates for stag night, same, and all done and dusted!

One thing that seems to be certain is that this isn't a couple that has anything near to cold feet or qualms about their life together both public and private. They also are not a couple that need to get coached or eased into what their roles are going to be. They're jumping in full force ahead and probably reveling in it all.

They're more than prepared. They're eager and willing and they share a sense of commitment as a team to go ahead into the future together wherever its going to take them.

Gotta love it. ?

It's sounded like to me Harry has been pretty involved in all the decisions (except the typical bride things like the dress and hen party etc).

LaRae

I know brides race around but do Royal grooms undertake extensive preparations? I would have thought--uniform ready, tick, honeymoon in conjunction with bride, ditto, mates for stag night, same, and all done and dusted!

Rhiannon Mills reported that when they went to the tryouts for IG, a woman made a comment to Harry that the wedding is easy for the groom, all he has to do is show up. Apparently, the woman said Harry didn't agree with her. :lol:

I think they both been pretty involved based on information released. The baker and florist each spoke of both of them having input. I am sure Meghan has way more to do but I get the feeling Harry is pretty hands on. Still they will be starting rehearsals and such soon. I imagine Meghan's close circle will all be flying into London in the next 2 weeks or so. 1 month tomorrow! ?

Now I'm confused. I read it as they'd both attend the dawn service at the NZ memorial. Then walk over to the Australia memorial accompanied by the respective high commissioners. I thought the walk between the two memorials was separate from the parade? Not sure how close the two memorials are but I'll be interested to see if Meghan forgoes stilettos for boots on this one.

You read correctly. They attend the service early morning 5am service and then walk over to the memorial together. Then later in the morning around 11am is the parade. Then the service as Westminster Abbey is at noon. So there is a little time between the 1st service and the parade.

Last edited:
Sorry Folks I was wrong about the reception being earlier.

Admit confused over timings of reception and State Banquet.

I am also seeing this as a distinct possibility. Not only going "down under" for the Invictus Games but it would be so easy and so appropriate for them to continue on with having an "official" tour of Australia and New Zealand to kick off Harry's official roles as an ambassador to the Commonwealth with his wife besides him.

It couldn't get any more perfect than this. With the Invictus Games being held in October, it would have been around that time that they would have probably taken on a tour somewhere like Will and Kate did with Canada after the wedding. This way, they'd merge two very good reasons together to travel to Australia. [emoji3]
I wouldn't be surprised if they tour Canada prior to this - she did live her after all. July 1 is Canada Day. I bet the PM issued the invitation this week.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tour Canada prior to this - she did live her after all. July 1 is Canada Day. I bet the PM issued the invitation this week.

Canada got the first Cambridge your, wouldn’t they spread the love a little bit so to speak for the Commonwealth countries? That, and IG, is what makes me think it could be Australia and NZ.

I think they might do an Island tour this summer. Commonwealth islands.

LaRae

Canada got the first Cambridge your, wouldn’t they spread the love a little bit so to speak for the Commonwealth countries? That, and IG, is what makes me think it could be Australia and NZ.
I think they will do one before the fall. They might do Canada in the early summer and then head down under for the fall. There is a good chance they will be expecting next year so travel would be more difficult. Besides, Canada usually gets some level of a visit every year and we haven't had one for 2018.

I think they might do an Island tour this summer. Commonwealth islands.

LaRae

Aren’t the islands usually winter tours because how hot it gets? Just like Canada would usually be summer tours.

Kate and William went to the islands not long after they wed I thought...maybe it was fall.

LaRae

They look nice. Busy day for the royals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom