Prince Ernst August (V) and the Royal House of Hanover 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay?!? So....is this really his girlfriend as seems to be implied? I knew that P.E-A and his wife were pretty much "estranged", but i didn't realise they were "moving on"...?

"Estranged"?? There is almost 5 years they have never appeared together. and PC EA appears very often (as often we see him) wuth this girl Simona. She is Romanian, and her job is modelling for advertisements for "maisons closes" I do not know the word in english, brothel?

An old article of the dailymail talking about it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ps-22-year-old-ex-dancer-models-brothels.html

As for her appearance, it is awful, he is roughly 60 years, but his appearance is simply of someone drinking and smoking a lot. What a nightmare, I'm sorry for Pcs Alexandra.

Last edited:
Any reason why they don't divorce?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Caroline values her HRH above practically anything.. If divorced she would revert to a measly HSH, and be of a lower rank than her daughter...

I think PC was pressured into marrying Ernst by her father. He is a decendent of Kaiser Wilhelm of Germany and King George of England. A big move up the noble ladder for the principality. Caroline always said she would never marry a prince. PC lost all of her hair around the time she started dating Ernst. They had a child together and are still not divorced. Caroline already had lost Grace and Stephano. Maybe she was afraid of losing her dad and country if she didn't agree to marry Ernst. I remember her talking in an interview about the life of a princess: "Duty, obey, guilt". She also said that the public didn't know the whole story about her and Ernst. As for the money, all of that would have been decided before the marriage.

This is pure speculation on my part. Even if I'm totally wrong, it's still a better story than the film "Grace of Monaco." LOL

Last edited:
I thought Caroline married Ernst because she was already pregnant....4 months along

At least he is having good time.....
I really hope that his daughter does not see them, and we do not have in front of us HRH the next princess of Hannover

I am so surprised caroline stays married to him, even if just for the title whilst he is so openly pictured with other women. I always thought she was a more proud woman than that.

Proud, yes.. intelligent [in matters of the heart].. not so much !

I am so surprised caroline stays married to him, even if just for the title whilst he is so openly pictured with other women. I always thought she was a more proud woman than that.

I do not see the problem. Everyone knows that this marriage does not exist anymore and it stays just a formality, a "crowned" formality. Caroline is not "cheated" because of the other woman, as we know they are separated, on the other hand they both keep their advantages. ;)

I do not see the problem. Everyone knows that this marriage does not exist anymore and it stays just a formality, a "crowned" formality. Caroline is not "cheated" because of the other woman, as we know they are separated, on the other hand they both keep their advantages. ;)

But what are those advantages??

:previous: There were rumblings of a divorce in 2010 but I think they have come to an accomodation and live separately. There is only money to be gained in a messy divorce weighed against what would be lost, her relationship with her stepsons and her daughter and the social event of the decade!

I do not give much credence to an arranged marriage, as the Grimaldi's are a very high profile Roman Catholic family and Prince AE and family are all Protestants.

Marg,
In monarchies, politics always trumps religion. The churches look the other way, but when things come out in the open they pretend to be surprised. Besides, the Catholic and Anglican churches are a form of monarchy.

Caroline was pregnant for Stefano C and for the Prince of Hannovre.
She divorced a first time with Philippe Junot and waited years to have its annulation.
She cannot ask as Catholic a second Annulation as the Prince of Monaco is one of the 5 Catholic Monarchs (Belgium, Spain, Luxembourg and Liechtenstein).

Caroline was pregnant for Stefano C and for the Prince of Hannovre.
She divorced a first time with Philippe Junot and waited years to have its annulation.
She cannot ask as Catholic a second Annulation as the Prince of Monaco is one of the 5 Catholic Monarchs (Belgium, Spain, Luxembourg and Liechtenstein).

She would not need an annullemend of her marriage to Ernst August as it was only a civil marriage.
Only a civil divorce.

I don't know, so I ask: did Caroline & EA have a religious wedding? Caroline's marriage with Junot was annulled; she was widowed from Stefano (whom she only married in a civil ceremony anyway). So she could have had another catholic wedding, but not with a divorced man like EA. I never heard whether they had a protestant wedding or only a civil ceremony.

I don't know, so I ask: did Caroline & EA have a religious wedding? Caroline's marriage with Junot was annulled; she was widowed from Stefano (whom she only married in a civil ceremony anyway). So she could have had another catholic wedding, but not with a divorced man like EA. I never heard whether they had a protestant wedding or only a civil ceremony.

The ony had a civil wedding.... As you said he was divorced:flowers:.

Even if he hadn't been divorced they wouldn't have had a protestant cermeony because the official religion of the Grimaldis and in monaco is catholicism:flowers:

The ony had a civil wedding.... As you said he was divorced:flowers:.

Even if he hadn't been divorced they wouldn't have had a protestant cermeony because the official religion of the Grimaldis and in monaco is catholicism:flowers:

But his first marriage was a protestant and not a catholic one. You don't need an annulment to have a second protestant Wedding Church.

But his first marriage was a protestant and not a catholic one. You don't need an annulment to have a second protestant Wedding Church.

Yes, he is protestant but Caroline is NOT...They married in Monaco with the monaco law... I mean if he hadn't been divorced they would marry only civil the same since Caroline wouldn't be allowed to marry with a protestant ceremony... Caroline is catholic....the state religion in Monaco is catholicism

An you are probably confused because it's caroline who had an annulment and not Ernst...

Caroline had a first catholic wedding which then was annulled... Sinc Ernst is not protestant the catholic church wouldn't have allowed the marriage (if he had been unmarried) because of the different religion... He would have had to convert to the catholicismHence the civil marriage. Hope to be clear...

Last edited:
Caroline had a civil ceremony of wedding in the palace on january 23th 1999, It was her birthday and she was expecting Alexandra

it's easy for me to say that if my relationship went that way, i'd divorce...but there must be some reason that they choose not to..

Caroline had a civil ceremony of wedding in the palace on january 23th 1999, It was her birthday and she was expecting Alexandra

I had read that next month (26 February 1999), in Ernest's birthday they had a religion (protestant) ceremony in Hannover, in the chapel of Ernest's castle.

There is also the option of an oecumenical Wedding Service which is either leed by a Priest of the catholic Church or a protestant Pastor. ususally the Pastor/Priest of the other religion also participates. This was for example done at the Wedding of Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Princess Sophie of Isenburg. The marriage was performed by a protestant astor in a protestant Church but also a catholic celebrant participated in it.
And as Ernst August had not been married in the catholic Church such a Service could have been held by a catholic Priest. And i believe you can also have a catholic marriage whitout converting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that doesn't apply to the family of monaco... Caroline would probably have lost her right to throne... (I'm not sure about this anyway). But I really think that the princely family can only marry in a catholic way... Plus for the chuch Ernst was a divorcee... You should ask to someoen who knows more but I believe that a marriage in a catholic church is the only chance for the family

Last edited by a moderator:
When PA married Charlene he said that it was not a requirement that she convert to Catholicism.

The Orthodox and the Protestants receive baptism, just like the Catholics. So in the eyes of the Roman Catholic Church every person who's been christened is viewed as a Catholic, thus Ernst had to get his marriage to Chantal annuled prior to marrying Caroline, which didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom