Prince Carl Philip & Emma Pernald, Current Events Part 3: October 2006 - January 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is Sunne? In Sweden I take it?

Thanks for answering my question.

Could you translate this article, please?
thanks

CP, Emma and friends visited a restaurant 'Blue' in Karlstad. It's a goodbye because CP goes to the US.

Princess Robijn said:
CP, Emma and friends visited a restaurant 'Blue' in Karlstad. It's a goodbye because CP goes to the US.

Doesnt it say somet[SIZE=-1]hin[/SIZE]g[SIZE=-1] about [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]them not sittin[/SIZE]g[SIZE=-1] to[/SIZE]g[SIZE=-1]het[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]er¿[/SIZE]

Wow, she is really beautiful IMO. She is from Sweden or does she have roots from another country? I hadn't realized she is has been with Carl Philip for such a long time.

Lots of similarities between Emma and Q Silvia as a young women.

I know this is a silly question but which was is emma I cant see here ??

IMO her dress is horrible. What kind of event was it?

Kelly said:
IMO her dress is horrible. What kind of event was it?

The Polar Music Prize. Every year in May 2 musicians get a prize out of the hands of the king. Among the winners in earlier years there were Elton John, Bob Dylan, Stevie Wonder, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen...

POLAR MUSIC PRIZE

Yes, the dress is indeed not very flattering...and also her outfit at the premiere of "Expedition Linné" was a little weird looking. Hey Emma, this is not the dutch Royal house, you would enter :angel: ;)
Me though can´t decide, if Emma´s outfit for the Polar Music Prize was worse than Victoria´s :rolleyes:
http://www.stureplan.se/articles/4989/images/article_image_053c234f3c0cfe7e.jpg

It is indeed a horrible dress, it's because of the print she seems so small.

Cissan said:
Has this new picture of Emma been posted here? (from the Swedish club "Sturecompagniet this saturday together with Ulf von Roth, a friend of Madeleines).

http://www.stureplan.se/articles/4975/images/article_image_14e09d10affa43b3.jpg

No, it hasn´t! Thank you for the picture:flowers:
I´m surprised, that she was allowing them to get photographed. Usually their photographers have some kind of "code of honour", saying that they don´t photograph ppl, who don´t want that, esp. if it´s about the Royal family and ppl very close to them.

She looks rather pretty in that picture actually. And as usual she givs us a lovely smile.
Does anybody know more about the background of Emma? What does/did she study, who are her parents, brothers, sisters etc? Are there any raised eyebrows in Sweden abot her suitability (like about Daniels)?

Of late Aftonbladet had exclusive profiles on all 3 partners of the Royal youngsters. This helped-after 8 years!-to get a little more to know about Emma Pernald

Her full name is Emma Lovisa Pernald and she was born on the 3rd of November 1979 in Askim/Gothenborg.
Her mother Pamela is 60 years old and is driving an little accounting firm, her father Svenne, 64 worked with economy earlier and is now retired.
She has two elder sisters named Jessica, 36 and Maria, 39 (so it looks as if Emma would be a latecommer)

It says, she is out of a middle class background and grew up in a row house.
I´m not sure about her college education…I remember, that we always got to read, she would study. These days she is project leader at the advertisment agency Storåkers/McCann in Stockholm

And since this is Sweden we also know, what she earned last year (8.471 EURO) and all her grades at the time of her graduation from high school (gymnasiet)
Her grades were quite average and she wrote an essay (project work) on Adolf Hitler.

According to the article Carl Philip met her, when he went in 1999 sailing with buddies around Smögen. There she jobbed in a restaurant as waitress.
Since (unfortunately…or maybe it´s fortunately for him. He clearly doesn´t seem to push his public image) not many in Sweden seem to care for Carl Philip, so also not many seem to care for Emma. She makes an friendly impression, is always discret.
I guess most ppl thought and still think, that she would be more of an upper class background. Not this kind of upperclass, e.g. the H&M Perssons are belonging to, but of a solid wealthy background with a nice manson, 1-2 houses for renting and summer houses maybe. As it seems her background is more "modest".
Maybe there would come a little more, if they would decide to marry. I´m also wondering, what her role would be…for me it´s very hard to say, if she is more a girl, who loves nature and walking her dog (as the article seems to imply it) or more some kind of party girl (as the photos with one of THE persons of Sweden´s posh party mile Stureplan could imply it) So the question is, if she would become a fulltime princess like countess Alexandra was it...or if she would maybe would go on to work with PR/advertisment. Or maybe with a mix...like promoting charity projects etc.
As always…we will see ;) After 8 years of relationship (with everything…living together in Sweden, living in separated apartments, living separated through Carl Philip´s stay abroad and in the military) , it surely wouldn´t be too soon for a decision…

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Lena, that was very helpfull! So she is from an average background and could be anybody's girl-next-door?

I would be surprised if she would become a fulltime princess like Alexandra of Denmark was. Sweden already has Princess Madelaine who steps n from time to time. And Carl-Philip seems to be working on his own carreer too, so I hope for Emma that she will be able to continue her own carreer after an eventual marriage, as was the case in Norway and The Netherlands too.

Why is it easy for people in Sweden to know what somebody is earning? -Are her elder sisters married btw?

BTW I never knew that CP was so much on the background in Sweden. When I saw the Kings 60th birthday celebrations last year the crowd seemed to go wild for the boy (well, judging from the schoolgirl screams at least).

Eight years indeed is a long time...

Is that number correct? She certainly did not earn much money last year? What exactly does she do?

Marengo said:
Thanks a lot Lena, that was very helpfull! So she is from an average background and could be anybody's girl-next-door?
You are welcome. Yes, I´d say, she could be seen as some kind of girl-next-door...or her parents wanted her to stay down to earth...and asked her to job as waitress ;) But their income from last year (32245 EURO) doesn´t let me think, they are overly rich. The article also says, they are driving a VW golf car from 1992.

I would be surprised if she would become a fulltime princess like Alexandra of Denmark was. Sweden already has Princess Madelaine who steps n from time to time. And Carl-Philip seems to be working on his own carreer too, so I hope for Emma that she will be able to continue her own carreer after an eventual marriage, as was the case in Norway and The Netherlands too.
Well, with Carl Philip I´m somehow puzzled. Sometimes it seems, as if he would go for very own things and then, as if he would want to be a full time support for his sister.
Personally I would hope, they would go for a sharp separation. Either duties only (and graphic design for an charity event, I´d somehow see as duty, if it wouldn´t be charged by them) or a real job...with no apanage...so (probably) only family events would be celebrated together.
A solution of pseudo indepence -as the one of Märtha Louise- I wouldn´t hope for.

Why is it easy for people in Sweden to know what somebody is earning? -Are her elder sisters married btw?
What the reason for this is, I can´t say, nor how it works exactly. There are some books, where you can look things up...or you can go to the old school of a person and ask for her/his school reports. Maybe the Swedes can tell more. Cissan is working with taxes, if I recall it rightly...
However...I think, it´s an pretty annoying thing. And I would hate the idea of my neighbour knowing, what I´m earning. It´s just pushing things like jealousy...
There is nothing more on her sisters. The elder one seems to live in Helsingborg and is still carrying her birth name...but this doesn´t need to mean anything in Sweden. I guess Emma is aunt though.

BTW I never knew that CP was so much on the background in Sweden. When I saw the Kings 60th birthday celebrations last year the crowd seemed to go wild for the boy (well, judging from the schoolgirl screams at least).

Eight years indeed is a long time...
Have you been in Stockholm then?
I think, he is somehow seen as a cute person, some may also consider him as hot...but there don´t seem to be more things than that.
I think actually he is even best made for watching pictures of him.
He isn´t all over the place like his sisters, is keeping a low profile and quite short-spoken...I think there is some kind of invisible wall between him and the public. And ppl seem to accept that.
Here is a video of him talking about his photo project in Uppsala btw.
He is politely and friendly...but it doesn´t look, as if he would really "click" with the person interviewing him. And that, I´m seeing a lot with him.
Webb-tv - Svensk Damtidning

Empress said:
Is that number correct? She certainly did not earn much money last year? What exactly does she do?
Well, I guess, that´s at least the income, she has taxed. I´m not sure, but I think in the beginning, she just did an internship in this company, so maybe therefore the low income last year.
If it´s permanently that low, so if she isn´t working that much, we can be pretty sure, that she is living on Carl Philip and some nice freebies...
What she does, I can´t say. As it seems, there are several project leaders (projektledare) in the company
Storåkers McCann
Interesting is, that company and Emma´s apartment are in the very same street...and the article says, that she has some kind of "permanent right of residence" in her apartment, so maybe she got it for much better conditions (or this is standard in Stockholm?)...just as Daniel, who probably couldn´t afford an apartment in the area, where he is living. At least not with all the trips he is doing, and the clothes, he is these days wearing.
Interesting is also, that the company is working for Silvia´s World Childhood foundation.
And didn´t we got to read of late, that Emma is allowed to drive one of the court´s leased cars?
If you ask me, little Emma had a lot of luck in the past.
Daniel got much harder judged for such behaviour...and if I´d write at Expressobladet, I´d "write" them directly into a marriage. Somewhere one has to start, if there is no chance in getting Daniel and Victoria soon to the altar ;)
8 years is such a long time. She already was with Carl Philip, when he entered the order of innocence in 2001 and she was at Madeleine´s graduation from high school. It seems, as if she is around forever.
If Carl Philip would marry Emma, he would at least know, what he can expect. And they seem to share a lot of things. And a woman looking like Mamma...how often can you find that ;)
Well, of late these similiarities seemed to have gotten a little less...

Piqui said:
i can't seem to find her pic on this page???
The link to the picture is in the same post...above. Supriya just wanted to link the source, where it came from ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the background on Emma, Lena! When you write "not many in Sweden seem to care for Carl Philip, so also not many seem to care for Emma." do you mean that they don't care about him or do mean they don't like him? Thanks!

marezdote said:
Thanks for the background on Emma, Lena! When you write "not many in Sweden seem to care for Carl Philip, so also not many seem to care for Emma." do you mean that they don't care about him or do mean they don't like him? Thanks!

That they not care about him in the sense of not spending many thoughts on him. This is of course also supported by a lack of news in the press. And since the ppl don´t seem to care as much for him as for Victoria and Madeleine, the press doesn´t want to write more. A vicious circle, one could say.
Of course I haven´t interviewed all 9 million Swedes, so I could be wrong...but I guess not. It´s really quiet around him and Emma. The most things, I´ve written today, I didn´t get to know until a couple of weeks or hours ago (and I´m checking the news on Swedish Royals nearly daily ;)) ...

BTW SOH has this week as headline, that Carl Philip would have a new love and that Emma had to be alone at the Polar Music Prize.
Let me guess...I bet this article is about Carl Philip being in "love" with his work in graphic design and photographing...and therefore Emma has to be alone. This would be so much the style of this rag. Teasing the ppl, and having nothing new in the mag inside...what a difference to the Swedish and Norwegian version of this mag
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4204/cprd8.gif

Last edited:
What the reason for this is, I can´t say, nor how it works exactly. There are some books, where you can look things up...or you can go to the old school of a person and ask for her/his school reports. Maybe the Swedes can tell more. Cissan is working with taxes, if I recall it rightly...
However...I think, it´s an pretty annoying thing. And I would hate the idea of my neighbour knowing, what I´m earning. It´s just pushing things like jealousy...
There is nothing more on her sisters. The elder one seems to live in Helsingborg and is still carrying her birth name...but this doesn´t need to mean anything in Sweden. I guess Emma is aunt though.

This is an issue that has been discussed alot in Sweden the past few months. Recently there has been several sites where one can look up residence, iincome, marital status and so on without paying or "going somewhere". Take a look at e-upplysning.se or ratsit.se to see what I mean.
Earlier this information were public but only available at tax offices and such. Now that is much easier to access the information more people are looking up their neighboors ad celebrities... but I guess thats something you have to put up with if you want an open society like in Sweden.

About grades and report cards... they are public to and everyone can see them. But ony if you have attended a state school. Meaning Victoria, Madeleine and Car Philips grades are (or should be atleast!) confidential as they all attended private schools. Their grades from university are public, awell as their essays, as the universities are own by the state

Last edited:
Thanks again ladies for the most informative clarifications on this matter.
To me it seems rather odd to have your school results and income made public, but we Dutch calvinists might be overly sensitive on this subject ;)

-
To Lena: I actually have been to Stockholm, but not during a royal event though. Neither did I have the pleasure of seeing any Swedish royal in the flesh. The 60th birthday celebrations of the King were broadcasted on the German Channel ZDF, which we can also get here in The Netherlands.

-
I always thought that Carl-Philip was the sweetheart of at least Swedens gay community (and of female teenagers too). The combination of good looks and royalty should make sure that he is, I gather. I don't think it is that strange that the Prince isn't a hot news item. His life seems rather stable and also in other countries the focus of the yellow press mainly is on the crownprince instead of his siblings. So if Carl-Philip wants more media exposure he might want to get himself into a scandal (perhaps Emma can warm up to the Swedish mafia, like our Mabel did ;), or he has to persuade his elder sister to renounce her rights. Luckily for him I don't think either of those things will happen though.

Hey! It's been a while sence someone posted a new photo of Emma.
Anybody have spme summer pictures of her from her holiday?
I'm looking forward to se some summer pics of her, she is beautiful.:)

Malene Birger

It is indeed a horrible dress, it's because of the print she seems so small.

The dress is designed by Malene Birger - Crownprincess Mary's favourite designer... Maybe it looks horrible, because Emma is to small for the dress.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom