Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 1: February 2002-May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
angela said:
I have no time whatsoever for Prince Andrew. Not only does he appear to be the stupidest member of the family but also rude and arrogant with it. People always comment on Fergie's antics over the years but in the early days they looked like a match made in Heaven. At least she seems to have grown up slightly over the years whilst he appears to be as immature as ever. I doubt that he will ever marry again as no sensible woman would have him.

:mad: watch it! He's not and idiot and if you have no time for him why bother posting? What antics has Andrew done that are really no surprise to The Firm?

xx hrh xx

Prince Andrew in Melbourne

Hi everyone, i'm not sure if this has been posted yet, i couldn't see it anywhere. Prince Andrew is in Melbourne for a conference with two members of the Greek royal family.

Article from The Advertiser, Sept 27, 2005.

The king, the prince and the most unlikely conversation.

Once upon a time a king and two princes proceeded to leafy Ivanhoe in faraway Melbourne and posed for photographs on a school oval. The whole unlikely scenario was played out in a clearing mist early yesterday morning amid top security and no advance warning at Ivanhoe Grammar School.

Prince Andrew and King Constantine of the Hellenes are in Melbourne for the 2005 Round Square International Conference.

Round Square is an international network of schools and for a week students and staff from 19 countries will talk about unity, tolerance and understanding. King Constantine had to flee his homeland of Greece after a military coup in 1967 and now lives in London with his son, Prince Nikolas, who is also at the conference.

King Constantine is conference chairman and Prince Andrew, in Melbourne on a private visit, is a Round Square patron.

But Grand Final footy and the Ashes cricket were the hot topics of discussion yesterday as the conference was opened.

Maybe they'll remarry much later on.

i would really love for them to get married but they have made it very clear that they arent going to. I dont want to kid myself anymore

Prince Andrew To Visit Trentham Military Base

Yesterday The Duke of York, Prince Andrew, arrived at Linton Camp by helicopter and faced an energised Powhiri led by the 2nd Logistic Battalion Maori culture group.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0509/S00394.htm

Prince Andrew arrives in Wellington
29 September 2005
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, arrived in Wellington late last night at the start of a four-day visit.[/font]
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3427268a11,00.html

Here are some photos from yesterday (29/09/05) from Belga:

According to the BBC article, Good Morning America is going to be filmed at Buckingham Palace next week. Prince Andrew will be giving an interview about tourism on the program:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4297698.stm

Palace date for US breakfast show

_40860308_sawyer_ap203.jpg
Diane Sawyer is a well-known Good Morning America presenter

US breakfast programme Good Morning America is to be broadcast live from Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle in the UK next week.

The Queen has given her permission for the ABC show to film at her homes, and at Holyroodhouse, in Edinburgh.

Good Morning America is watched by around five million US viewers every day and it is hoped that the shows will boost tourism to Great Britain.

The Queen will be at Balmoral during the filming.

'Delighted'

A Palace spokesman said: "We're delighted that ABC has agreed to broadcast their flagship breakfast programme in the UK, especially at such an important time for the tourist industry.

_40860324_palace203.jpg
The Queen will not be at Buckingham Palace during filming

"The Queen has given her approval."

The programmes will be filmed live at lunchtime UK time and the Duke of York has given ABC an interview about the tourism industry.

On Thursday ABC will broadcast from Windsor Castle's state rooms, including the grand Waterloo Chamber and St George's Hall, as well as St George's Chapel.

The following day the presenters will be at Buckingham Palace including in the Throne Room and the White Drawing Room, as well as at Holyroodhouse.

Ben Sherwood, executive producer of the show, said the programme was honoured to have been given permission by the Queen.

"ABC News will give millions of viewers an extraordinary, unprecedented live look inside the Royal Palaces. "We look forward to an unforgettable, live transatlantic television event."

Prince Andrew criticised

From the Daily mail
Prince Pompous in airport security row

Prince Andrew has been accused of arrogance after refusing to go through an airport security check.

He was prevented from boarding a Qantas jet to New Zealand because he would not be screened by guards at Melbourne airport in Australia. After a tense stand-off, he reluctantly agreed to be searched with a hand detector. The scan took ten seconds.

Airport and security officials expressed surprise at the prince's actions.

They believed he would have understood the importance of security in the wake of the London bombings.

A Group 4 security worker at the airport said: "Who does he think he is? What a pompous p****.

"Everyone has to go through security screening.

"He should be happy to do so and set an example." Officials said last Wednesday's incident showed no one was exempt from Australia's airport security procedures.

I'm actually surprised that Andrew - second son of her Majesty - was asked to go through security check when he is on an official trip representing his mother. If he had been on a private trip then maybe they could have asked him to go through the security check but on an official visit? Come on!! I can understand his reaction. I doubt that the officials at the Melbourne airport demand the same security check from their Prime Minister for example or from the chief of state of another country. Doesn't Andrew have diplomatic immunity?

flight

To be honest I don't care who you are security is for everyone. Does anyone know if people who fly on private jets have to go through security? I was thinking maybe that since he was on a public flight that was the difference.

My question is would they try that with the american president? I think it goes too far for the airport staff to call him pompus and arrogant, as it not something he is use to doing. I mean they have to think of his secerity, so they can't have just anyone running a scanner over him. Besides they also said he needed to be an example to other people I highly doubt there was any one else there but his entourage. Also I remember one time Prince Andrew forgot his passport at home when he went to the US(they had sent over later) and they trusted him. So I think if the US can trust him, then Australia (a member of the British Commenwealth) should too.

when it comes to Her Majestys sons being arrogant ive heard The Prince of Wales Earl of Wessex and Duke of York my question is who does everyone here think is the most Arrogant

Princess BellyFlop said:
I doubt that the officials at the Melbourne airport demand the same security check from their Prime Minister for example or from the chief of state of another country. Doesn't Andrew have diplomatic immunity?
There is no diplomatic immunity when it comes to Australian airport security. The Prime Minister of Papua-New Guinea caused a stink when he had to undergo a security check at Brisbane airport earlier this year. It is disappointing that Prince Andrew chose to react in the way he did.

Warren said:
There is no diplomatic immunity when it comes to Australian airport security. The Prime Minister of Papua-New Guinea caused a stink when he had to undergo a security check at Brisbane airport earlier this year. It is disappointing that Prince Andrew chose to react in the way he did.

No what is disappointing is that the Australian officials acted the way they did,- I hardly doubt that their own prince, (hmm maybe they forgot that that Andrew is still THEIR prince as well???) would blow a country up that his family rules!

I suggest the next time John Howard comes to England that we give him and his aides a security search and see how well they like that...:rolleyes:

I certainly understand Andrew's reaction, he is not only a public figure but the second son of the Queen of Australia (and Britain and Canada). Technically he is not a stranger to Australia, but the son of their head of state. And he was sent to a room to think about his attitude, that's quite condescending from the airport autorities.

andrew

CATS said:
My question is would they try that with the american president? I think it goes too far for the airport staff to call him pompus and arrogant, as it not something he is use to doing. I mean they have to think of his secerity, so they can't have just anyone running a scanner over him. Besides they also said he needed to be an example to other people I highly doubt there was any one else there but his entourage. Also I remember one time Prince Andrew forgot his passport at home when he went to the US(they had sent over later) and they trusted him. So I think if the US can trust him, then Australia (a member of the British Commenwealth) should too.

The president of the u.s. doesn't fly comercial air. Maybe that was the problem if he was boarding with everyone else then maybe they treated him like everyone else. I wonder if Prince charles would have had to be searched?

i think Andrew's reaction was terrible. with the way the world is today, he should be setting an example. how long does it take to go through a security check, and the officials would probably have gone about it very quickly if he'd just co operated. shame on him!

There was also an airplane searching incident with the Prince of Asturias and Letizia before their wedding. They didn't want to be searched either.

CATS said:

I'm pretty sure that if it is the law, Bush or any other American President, would not refuse to do it. If it has to be done, then EVERYONE should do it.

iowabelle said:
There was also an airplane searching incident with the Prince of Asturias and Letizia before their wedding. They didn't want to be searched either.

And I would understand them too. I always thought that stricter airport security measures were to prevent terrorism not to make example that we are all equal in this world and everybody has to go through it. Here we say «le boss des bécosses» or «the boss of the backhouse» (referring when houses had not indoor bathroom) to describe someone very full of himself and of his useless little power. In my book the airport agents were just little bosses of the backhouses!

I fail to see how seeing Andrew being searched could be an example: well bravo he does NOT have any object that he could use to jeopardize the life of his fellow travellers or the staff. I would not expect less from a royal prince.

Just to clarify exactly what the "security inspection" of the Duke of York at Melbourne airport involved: it was a seven to ten second body scan done with a hand-held metal detector.

The man's an arrogant buffoon. Always has been, always will be.

Warren said:
Just to clarify exactly what the "security inspection" of the Duke of York at Melbourne airport involved: it was a seven to ten second body scan done with a hand-held metal detector.

No problem. I guess those who can't appreciate Andrew will always be disappointed by his initial refusal and those who love him will disapproved of the authorities insisting for the procedure. Personnally, I do not appreciate at all when my Andrew is called pompous or arrogant.

The only personage who shall never be searched or questioned (diplomatic immunity I suppose one could say) on entry to Australia is her Queen, and that is the way it should & shall stay! I totally agree wth you Warren.

"MII"

Now back on track...

Last edited:
andrew on tv

Prince Andrew was on gma this morning this morning. He spoke about growing up in buckingham palce how they played ball and were rough and tumble but he didn't think they ever broke anything. He also said how proud they were of their two daughters. He also said they were proud of Beatrice for coming out and talking about dyslexia he said she wanted to do this.

I think he did a great job in the interview...very polished and articulate.

I taped the whole two hours this morning so I cannot wait to see it tonight.

if there are any videos can sum1 plz post it cos we dont get ABC here in the netherlands

andrew press interest

Does anyone think that if andrew had a wife the press would be interested in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom