Prince Albert's Older Children Part 2: 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gee, I am REALLY surprised then that Nicole Coste didn't sue The Daily Mail, like others have recently. Since that was a pretty damning "fabrication" that Nicole was reported as making against Princess Charlene.

Seems like it would have been a slam dunk....I would have wanted to clear my name.
Very curious.

Last edited:
Nicole Coste has stated publicly several times that she has NOT trashed Charlene. The claims the Daily Mail story, which is what claimed to have quotes from her, was fabricated.

https://www.thelist.com/1374576/nicole-coste-prince-albert-ex-feud-monaco-royal-family/

Nicole Coste has publicly trashed the princess on several occasions over the years outwith what she said or didn't say to the Daily Mail. I suggest you read this article if you are unaware of how often she's done it and the things that she has said.

Wow, I knew about most of those things but some were new to me. She is a horrible woman IMO. She could and should have a nice life with a handsome son loved by his father and by her and has been given the opportunity to live a nice life (Albert provided her with a luxury house for example)

It seems to me she is jealous and probably seething she is seen as merely a fling while Charlene is The Sovereign Princess with all it brings. She also strikes me as the sort of person who happily goes to the media and gives interviews but then pretends she hasn't said awful things when they are quoted back to her.

Wow, I knew about most of those things but some were new to me. She is a horrible woman IMO. She could and should have a nice life with a handsome son loved by his father and by her and has been given the opportunity to live a nice life (Albert provided her with a luxury house for example)

It seems to me she is jealous and probably seething she is seen as merely a fling while Charlene is The Sovereign Princess with all it brings. She also strikes me as the sort of person who happily goes to the media and gives interviews but then pretends she hasn't said awful things when they are quoted back to her.

That's why I fully believe that she did say those things to the Daily Mail as it was totally in keeping with the other things she's said about Princess Charlene to Paris Match etc. I'm glad the Princess has never retorted as it gives the impression that she sees Coste as someone of no importance which must infuriate her even more.

Last edited:
If Alexandre begins working at the court in Monaco, he will know it far better than his cousins who do not work there.

Alexandre said in the interview that being an ambassador for Monaco is a task that Albert and he are discussing. I doubt he'd put that job in jeopardy by revealing something his father did not endorse.

You might want to check your facts. Jacques is eight, not two.

First of all, Nicole is not crashing these events. She is receiving invitations from someone -- and since she is often alongside Albert, I'd guess from the palace -- so she has every right to be there, just like any other invitee. Half the time Charlene isn't even in attendance, so it shouldn't bother her.

As far as encouraging Alexandre, good for her! She has obviously raised a polite, thoughtful, intelligent young man, so she must be doing something right.

From what Alexandre has said, Albert is also encouraging him. Since we haven't seen any comments in the articles along the lines of "the palace declined to comment," I suspect he approves of the interviews, too.

You are not invited to the galas she turns up at, you buy a very expensive ticket.

Also not every publication approaches the Palace for comment so the lack of it is no proof at all that Albert approves of the content in the article.

She, tbf turning up at charity galas where you buy a ticket or someone buys a table then fills it with guests is not the same as being invited by Albert or with his approval. What it does suggest, at most, is that Albert recognises telling the mother of one of his sons that she can't attend public events that the rest of Monaco can is pretty tough and could damage his relationship with his son.

The List article makes clear Albert was under the impression some of the "interviews" she gave were just going to be pictures given to publications to mark Alexandre's birthday.

Thank you for sharing the article. I appreciate that the writer, Hannah Rice, linked to her sources in the French-language press.

The linked 2005 report from L'Express answers the question I asked earlier about whether Prince Albert II consented to his out-of-wedlock children bearing his surname. Apparently he did not, at least as of 2003, when Nicole was still fighting to have Albert's paternity of her son legally recognized.

Mais l'article de Paris Match sonne comme une déclaration de guerre. Certes, Monaco assure toujours la sécurité matérielle de la mère et de l'enfant. Mais le prince refuse désormais d'ajouter le nom de Grimaldi à celui de Coste, comme cela avait été envisagé un temps.

https://www.lexpress.fr/monde/europe/pourquoi-albert-de-monaco-choisit-la-verite_485291.html

That means Alexandre is not entitled to change his surname to Grimaldi under either Monegasque or French law, unless his father has since changed his mind.

In Monaco, the Sovereign Family's house law has legal force according to the Constitution (as covered in the "succession issues" thread), and Article 2 states that the inheritance of the name Grimaldi is regulated by Sovereign Decision.

https://legimonaco.mc/tnc/ordonnance/2015/06-02-5.344/

In France, the Civil Code still stipulates to this day that when the father does not recognize the child until after the child's day of birth, the child's surname can only be changed from the mother's to the father's name, or a combined name, if both parents agree.

https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/codes/article_lc/LEGIARTI000043895566

Given all that, I wonder how Nicole Coste changed Alexandre's surname to include, or be only (depending on which interview should be believed), Grimaldi, as it was not possible for her to do so without the Prince's consent under Monegasque or French law. Since she and her son have lived for a long time in London (thirteen years, according to the Tatler article), my supposition is that she changed his name under British law, which allows parents to give their child any surname they please. But I wonder if that change is recognized in France or Monaco.

Referring to the earlier discussion about legitimacy under French law: as far as I can tell, the French Civil Code (see the link above) has eliminated all references to legitimacy and illegitimacy, so it is not that Alexandre is legitimate under French law, but that French law does not acknowledge the categories of legitimate and illegitimate any longer.

The previous poster makes relevent points about Albert's attitude when Alex was born. He demanded a DNA test and NC had to fight hard for him to recognise the child as his son. However Alex states in the interview that Albert readily accepted him when he was born which obviously isn't true and he would not need to dig deep to find that out. I think he's trying create an alternative narritive as the truth is probably too painful but there's no point in rewriting history.

Last edited:
Paris Match published photos of Albert with Alexandre as an infant. Albert was holding the child and looked relaxed and completely comfortable (PA successfully sued PM for invasion of privacy)

The point is that Albert never denied fathering Alexandre, which would have been foolish because Alexandre bore a striking resemblance to Prince Albert when he was a baby.

Albert's conflict with NC was about going public, which she did upon the death of Rainier III in order to force Albert to publicly acknowledge his eldest son. Albert had already formed a private relationship with Alexandre as the Paris Match photos proved.

The child he refused to acknowledge paternity of for years was Jazmin. Tamara Rotolo engaged in a long and very public battle with Albert which only ended when Rainier died in 2005.

Last edited:
Paris Match published photos of Albert with Alexandre as an infant. Albert was holding the child and looked relaxed and completely comfortable (PA successfully sued PM for invasion of privacy)

The point is that Albert never denied fathering Alexandre, which would have been foolish because Alexandre bore a striking resemblance to Prince Albert when he was a baby.

Albert's conflict with NC was going public, which she did upon the death of Rainier III in order to force Albert to publicly acknowledge his eldest son. Albert had already formed a private relationship with his eldest son as the Paris Match photos proved.

The child he refused to acknowledge paternity of for years was Jazmin. Tamara Rotolo engaged in a long and very public battle with Albert which only ended when Rainier died in 2005.

The Prince also got DNA tests done with regards to Alexandre as well.

She, tbf turning up at charity galas where you buy a ticket or someone buys a table then fills it with guests is not the same as being invited by Albert or with his approval. What it does suggest, at most, is that Albert recognises telling the mother of one of his sons that she can't attend public events that the rest of Monaco can is pretty tough and could damage his relationship with his son.

The List article makes clear Albert was under the impression some of the "interviews" she gave were just going to be pictures given to publications to mark Alexandre's birthday.
IMO it’s inconsequential, she was not his wife or fiancée either so why should she be invited? Did he invite Jazmin’s mother or any ex-girlfriend of his, No? He can have a respectful relationship with her for the sake of their son, but that does not mean she needs to be invited to that event. I don’t see how her not being invited would impact on the relationship. Alexandre was present at the wedding as he should have because he’s the son of Albert, but Nicole was not there.

Well, Jazmin Grace has decided to jump on the nonsense bandwagon.

Albert needs to put his foot down.

Update: Jazmin's original post has been heavily edited. The part about wanting and waiting to be publicly accepted by "everyone" is gone.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzzfRGiP1qb/?igshid=ODhhZWM5NmIwOQ==

I think she has re-edited, because it now reads, "Wishing my Father, Prince Albert II, my family and all of Monaco a Joyous National Holiday! My hope is to one day be able to celebrate and be accepted openly with and by you all!"

Looks like the original post to me.

I think she has re-edited, because it now reads, "Wishing my Father, Prince Albert II, my family and all of Monaco a Joyous National Holiday! My hope is to one day be able to celebrate and be accepted openly with and by you all!"

Looks like the original post to me.

Indeed, she has edited the post once again. :whistling:

I think Jazmin's post is a response to seeing the 'extended' Grimaldi Family celebrating National Day of Monaco this week, Nov 19. Again. All out in public.

Not just Albert's heirs, his two younger children, BUT also his nieces, nephews. EVEN great nieces- great nephews, were on the Balcony waving flags and part of the celebration.

That's why, in my opinion She posted her message. Pointedly.

"My hope is to one one day, BE ABLE TO CELEBRATE AND BE ACCEPTED OPENLY WITH AND BY YOU ALL." Yep. She went there.

Jazmin is Albert's daughter. It must hurt her greatly that She is not allowed or included in Monaco Public Celebrations, yet, She has to see Caroline's grandchildren prominently featured.
Me, I have no idea how to solve this or where it leads to.
Personally, I don't think it would hurt to include Jazmin or Alexandre in appearances such as this. But there would be ALOT to work out, especially with Alexandre, who *seems* to want a more public profile.

In my very modest opinion, I don't think that Alexandre should be included in any public celebrations. Because this would lead to his mother's presence and as a result, it will cause a lot of unwanted trouble.

I think Jazmin's post is a response to seeing the 'extended' Grimaldi Family celebrating National Day of Monaco this week, Nov 19. Again. All out in public.

Not just Albert's heirs, his two younger children, BUT also his nieces, nephews. EVEN great nieces- great nephews, were on the Balcony waving flags and part of the celebration.

That's why, in my opinion She posted her message. Pointedly.

"My hope is to one one day, BE ABLE TO CELEBRATE AND BE ACCEPTED OPENLY WITH AND BY YOU ALL." Yep. She went there.

Jazmin is Albert's daughter. It must hurt her greatly that She is not allowed or included in Monaco Public Celebrations, yet, She has to see Caroline's grandchildren prominently featured.
Me, I have no idea how to solve this or where it leads to.
Personally, I don't think it would hurt to include Jazmin or Alexandre in appearances such as this. But there would be ALOT to work out, especially with Alexandre, who *seems* to want a more public profile.

It's impossible to tell who she meant, of course, but I took it as Albert and Charlene. They're the ones who would have some sway about who attends as part of the family, I would think.

Besides, she seems to be friendly with Stephanie's kids -- not sure if I've ever seen her with Caroline's -- so I doubt they'd object.

As far as her public image, I think she's an aspiring actress, so she'd probably like a very public profile.

In my very modest opinion, I don't think that Alexandre should be included in any public celebrations. Because this would lead to his mother's presence and as a result, it will cause a lot of unwanted trouble.

Alexandre is now 20 years old, so he doesn't need Mommy attending events with him.

I feel for both him and Jazmin. They didn't do anything to bring on the circumstances of their births, yet they are treated as interlopers. Very unfair.

I know that Alexandre doesn't need his mother attending events with him. But everyone how pushy she is and she will invite herself. I agree that both Alexandre and Jazmin can be invited to some important events in Monaco, but on condition that they attend alone.

I know that Alexandre doesn't need his mother attending events with him. But everyone how pushy she is and she will invite herself. I agree that both Alexandre and Jazmin can be invited to some important events in Monaco, but on condition that they attend alone.
There’s no problem with Jazmin’s mother because she doesn’t insert herself unlike Nicole.

I know. I was only referring to Nicole. And now that Princess Charlene is looking so relaxed and happy, I am terrified that Nicole, being so pushy might cause trouble.

its all very tricky because as its been posted already Alexander wants more of a bigger Role in Monaco, with his mom in the back ground dropping Acid remarks now and again, I don't think it will be easy ....
I can see how this hurts, Albert has to trend very carefully because he doesn't want Alexander to start thinking he could replaces his younger brother if he is given a bigger role............. if the 2 older children just wanted to show up and family events that wouldn't be a problem its if they start thinking they could become the next Prince or Princess of Monaco ..........

Plus if Albert suddenly dies ( god forbid) and Alexander has been given a higher profile in the working of the place , not sure he would work with his brother or against , if his brother was still young.

it's not tricky. It's a minefield. But my opinion is that Prince Albert has to be very firm with both Jazmin and Alexandre. Include them in some family events yes, but he has to make it very, very clear that they will absolutely never be a Prince and a Princess and have some say in governing Monaco.

Add, that Camille, who is just as illegitimate, is included in so many events... Shouldn't Alexandre and Jazmín at least be able to be where Camille is, too?

I mean, if Alexandre and/or Jazmín want to be in an event and are told "no", but their cousin, who has the same status, is allowed to. Now, THAT must hurt.

Mothers aside, children should never be punished for the actions of their parents, no matter what they are up to.

best wishes Michiru

Last edited:
Jazmin is my favorite royal. She is 31 years old and her partner is 41. They have been together for 8 years. I recommend parenthood. I think Albert would enjoy being a grandpa. Family is a wonderful thing.

Jazmin is my favorite royal. She is 31 years old and her partner is 41. They have been together for 8 years. I recommend parenthood. I think Albert would enjoy being a grandpa. Family is a wonderful thing.

Jazmin is not a royal and and also not in the Monégasque line of succession .

An Ard Ri, I agree and the same applies to Alexandre.

First Alexandre and now Jazmin. This is the awkward part that everyone dreads having to deal with. The outside kids realize they're clearly being treated differently and are being excluded when they're other people like them who are untitled and not in the line of succession proudly celebrating.

Albert needs to address this situation in a suitable manner that makes everyone unhappy.

First Alexandre and now Jazmin. This is the awkward part that everyone dreads having to deal with. The outside kids realize they're clearly being treated differently and are being excluded when they're other people like them who are untitled and not in the line of succession proudly celebrating.

Albert needs to address this situation in a suitable manner that makes everyone unhappy.

Agreed. Camille attends and no one has ever suggested she shouldn’t to my knowledge. It seems to me that if she is welcome, Albert’s two older children should be as well.

Back
Top Bottom