Prince Albert Is the Father of Alexandre

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HELLO MAGAZINE

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/07/12/princealbert/

alberttit.gif

flechalink.gif
Click here for our in-depth profile of Prince Albert
</SPAN>12 JULY 2005

Prince Albert has a date with destiny today as he is formally invested as Monaco's new monarch. Amid the fanfare and celebrations there will also be fresh controversy, however, as the sovereign has admitted he is expecting further paternity claims to be made against him.

Speaking in an interview on the eve of his coronation, the 47-year-old warned his subjects that Nicole Coste, a former Air France flight attendant, would not be the only woman alleging he fathered their children. "I know there are other people who have nearly the same cases," he revealed. His confession comes just days after Albert confirmed reports the stewardess' little boy Alexandre was indeed his son.

The latest revelations are unlikely to put a dampener on Tuesday's festivities, though, with the people of Monaco preparing for an appropriately spectacular celebration. Proceedings got underway with a mass at 11am and the revelry is expected to continue late into the night.

After the formal investiture ceremony in the Royal Palace a huge garden party is to be thrown in the courtyard. All 7,000 Monegasques, meaning those who were born in the principality, are invited to the bash, while the territory's other 24,000 residents will enjoy celebrations on the waterfront.

Monaco's new ruler made the revelations in an interview on French television
Photo: © AFP
Click on photos to enlarge

Although he took over the running of the principality in March, he has not been Monaco's official ruler until now
Photo: © AFP

leahteresa said:
I must respectfully disagree....do you really think a woman who so obviously and publically attempted to attach herself to PA would decline such an invitation? No way.
HE said in one of the articles that she has been banned from the ceremony.

I cannot imagine why NC would move next door to Monoco. It's sort of like "asking for" rejection.....

There's a documentary tonight on RDI,"Grands Reportages" at 9PM, about ALbert and his family.

Gosh all this paternity stuff reminds me of "the Maury Povich" talk show

I just picked up on another board that NC was married when they met. Anyone?

I also read that NC's ex-husband took her to court, seeking custody, in part because of her affair with PA. (gossip) Anyone?

In this article it clearly says she was asked to stay away from the state during the ceremony. It also says she is still in love with him but being kept away....oh...so sad for Princess I'll sell your son to the press if you don't give me more attention...that was ugly but I about died when I read the part about her being in love with him.....
http://www.royalarchive.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=991&Itemid=2

Last edited:
leahteresa said:
I just picked up on another board that NC was married when they met. Anyone?

I also read that NC's ex-husband took her to court, seeking custody, in part because of her affair with PA. (gossip) Anyone?
Yes, the article said she was married when they met, but it doesn't say they started the affair at that time.

Bubbette said:
Yes, the article said she was married when they met, but it doesn't say they started the affair at that time.

I read, he called her two weeks after they met but I did not hear she was married until just now.

leahteresa said:
I read, he called her two weeks after they met but I did not hear she was married until just now.
I read that the man NC was married to was quite some years older than her. Not a big deal, but that's what I read. I think it was on this thread a few pages back about her family or something (not sure, but I think).

leahteresa said:
I must respectfully disagree....do you really think a woman who so obviously and publically attempted to attach herself to PA would decline such an invitation? No way.

Who knows, she might have tried it saying 'My son has rights. It's his father and all his family too just the same...'

I think maybe the little boy will come to things when he is older. He's far too small now and he would get fidgety :)

leahteresa said:
I cannot imagine why NC would move next door to Monoco. It's sort of like "asking for" rejection.....

Maybe she just wants her son to have a chance to know his father and that's why she moved closer. It's hard to have a good, solid relationship with someone if it's a long distance one.

Regardless of how Alexandre came into this world - the fact is he is here. It is also a fact that Albert is his father. I don't think it's too much to ask for him to get to know his father or to be entitled to inheritance from his father's will. After all, you don't get to choose your parents. It's not his fault that any of this happened. Along the same lines, I really don't see how someone (anyone) can be labeled a goldigger for wanting her children to be provided for. If I had an incredibly wealthy parent, I would certainly feel entitled to some of it and feel as if he owed it to me to provide for me. Hypothetically, if Albert was married to Nicole, Alexandre would have the best money could buy. I don't think it should be any different because his parents are not together.

Gabriella said:
Maybe she just wants her son to have a chance to know his father and that's why she moved closer. It's hard to have a good, solid relationship with someone if it's a long distance one.

Regardless of how Alexandre came into this world - the fact is he is here. It is also a fact that Albert is his father. I don't think it's too much to ask for him to get to know his father or to be entitled to inheritance from his father's will. After all, you don't get to choose your parents. It's not his fault that any of this happened. Along the same lines, I really don't see how someone (anyone) can be labeled a goldigger for wanting her children to be provided for. If I had an incredibly wealthy parent, I would certainly feel entitled to some of it and feel as if he owed it to me to provide for me. Hypothetically, if Albert was married to Nicole, Alexandre would have the best money could buy. I don't think it should be any different because his parents are not together.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Also, I love your signature.

You can't force someone to love someone; the only rights he has are for his financial welfare until age 18; that's it.

em I the only one shocked that he admitted to future paternal suits? Is this a way someone in his position should behave?

oskana said:
em I the only one shocked that he admitted to future paternal suits? Is this a way someone in his position should behave?

Yes, well, I guess it's better for him to say something now rather than be battered by a deluge of paternity suits/media features about it. This "Prince Albert is the father of my child" issue has been hounding him for more than a decade now. Maybe by admitting such possibilities, the press furor over it will not be as intense as the one starring NC, Alexandre and him.......

I think we should start an Alexandre thread.... such an adorable child! :)

you think he would of been more carefull , one child ok, but its sounds like he's got quite a few hidden away!! ( by the way there isnt any thing wrong with him haveing children , its the way he likes to hide things thats all)

Last edited:
Bubbette said:
Yeah, that was then, and he didn't like her enough to marry her! He's going to pay for the child, not otherwise incorporate him into his life. He said he didn't want the kid anyway, and who can blame him.

I can blame him...thought I tried not to.:cool: He should have been extra careful if he didn't want this child, or any children for that matter. NO sense in punishing Alexandre for his and Nicole mistakes.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm not pleased, but trust in his decision.

We may want to be upset with Albert over the recent news events, but we may want to also keep in the back of our minds he is a conscientious and caring man. I trust whatever he's chosen to do, was for a good reason and was/were likely not (an) easy decision(s).

Bubbette said:
You can't force someone to love someone; the only rights he has are for his financial welfare until age 18; that's it.

this is appalling to me! i think all parents should love their kids unconditionally and unendingly without forcing or prompting. a child doesn't only have financial claim from their parents, but emotional is important if not MORE important than financial ones and it shouldn't end once u turn 18........my god :( .

Doesn't the law kind of change in respect to other countries? But I am sure Albert will be there for Alexandre for the rest of his life. At least I hope so...

he didn't want the kid; he shouldn't be forced to parent it if he doesn't want to. It was NC's choice to keep the baby even though she knew Albert was not going to be a parent to him.

Bubbette said:
he didn't want the kid; he shouldn't be forced to parent it if he doesn't want to. It was NC's choice to keep the baby even though she knew Albert was not going to be a parent to him.

Oh brother....I'm not even going to comment on this one!

Why? This same thing happened to a friend of mine; the girl told her she was on birth control; she was going to give the baby up for adoption; now she's keeping it. Of course my friend has to support the baby legally; how much time he'll ever spend with it, who knows, but the girl certainly is doing this for selfish reasons.

When consenting to having sex both parties are taking a risk in getting pregnant. No method of contraception is completely foil proof, therefore each party must assume some responsibility if a pregnancy occurs. How is this girl having her baby for selfish reasons? Because it inconviences your friend?? In my opinion you friend may not want the baby for selfish reasons.... Hundreds of women get pregnant on birth control every day, if your friend really wanted to avoid a pregnancy maybe he should have done his research.

Absolutely; my friend does believe that she was on birth control; she was about to get an abortion (which she has had in the past) and changed her mind. Considering neither of them really have the money to support the kid (ie the mother is on welfare and the child will be once it's born), I think that's pretty selfish--I've also heard how she is planning on being the subject of a magazine article on unwed mothers etc. She seems to think the baby is a toy. And come on, NC already had two kids--I can't believe she had Albert's baby other than to have a child who could possibly be a billiionaire--although I doubt Albert will leave the kid anything when he dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom