Pre-Wedding Information for Madeleine and Chris

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Svensk Damtidning writes in this week's issue that Philippe and Mathilde were invited, but according to the Belgium Royal House, they can't attend because their planned trip to USA.

i guess this means that most, if not all, of the young royals were invited.

i guess that the king and queen of the netherlands will be quite busy to attend though, maybe it will be constantijn and laurentien representing them, or even princess beatrix?

Well, maybe someone else can explain better, but due to the recent scandals and most probably also the economic crisis, the RF announced last year, that the "inner circle" of the RF is the King/Queen, as well the the PoA and their children only.

BYe Bine

Oh, that makes sense. I knew about this, it includes Christina and her children too, and not just Elena's family. Thanks! :flowers:

Madeleine & Chris look very elegant, I love the mint dress so much! I think these photos are better than the engagement's. They both look gorgeous!

Last edited:
Günther Koerffer made the wedding cakes to the wedding of the king and queen, and the wedding of Victoria and Daniel. He made also cakes to the christening of Victoria. This time he isn't chosen. He says that he is happy if someone else in Stockholm makes the cake.
Hovet nobbade Ulricehamnstårta - Nyheter P4 Sjuhärad

The Royal Mews Cadillac Fleetwood from 1969, is the likely vehicle to be used instead of the Parade Barouche if the weather is bad at the wedding. Yesterday the press was shown what vehicles and horses that will be at the wedding.
APA PictureDesk

The Royal Mews Cadillac Fleetwood from 1969, is the likely vehicle to be used instead of the Parade Barouche if the weather is bad at the wedding. Yesterday the press was shown what vehicles and horses that will be at the wedding.
APA PictureDesk

I prefer the Parade Barouche and really hope that the weather is good!

Aftonbladet tells today that Stefano Catenacci, the chef of the wedding dinner, makes also the wedding cake.
- That is true, we are responsible for the whole menu and that includes also the wedding cake, told Catenacci.
Madeleine and Chris have tested different kind of cakes, and of course Catenacci doesn't reveal anything about the cake, it will be a surprise until the wedding dinner.
Tårtan beställd till bröllopet Bröllopet Aftonbladet

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I'm curious, who will attend from the Dutch royal family?

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I'm curious, who will attend from the Dutch royal family?

Not sure if anyone will be attending from Spain or the Netherlands,we might know more towards the end of this week.

Not sure if anyone will be attending from Spain or the Netherlands,we might know more towards the end of this week.
No attendance from Spain, that's official:sad:.
It's not yet known if Dutch royals will attend.

Do we know if anyone from Bulgaria, Romania or Serbia will attend?

APA PictureDesk

oh god that car is awful its embarrassing

oh god that car is awful its embarrassing

Agreed - that is one scary looking car! Although the buggie is nice looking, I am surprised that they are not riding in the open carriage that Victoria rode in. Is there a reason for this?

Agreed - that is one scary looking car! Although the buggie is nice looking, I am surprised that they are not riding in the open carriage that Victoria rode in. Is there a reason for this?

Yeah I mean the king is a collector of antique cars surely they have something better then that hideous old caddy. but the carriages look good lets just hope it doesn't rain .so they don't have to be seen in that boat of a car

You didn't read my message, where the photo is. I wrote that the Cadillac will be used if the weather is bad. Otherwise it has been told many times earlier that if the weather if fine, they will use the Parade Barouche Victoria and Daniel used at their wedding.

Does anyone know what mode of transport HRH will utilise from whatever Palace she will be leaving from, to the Royal Palace Church?

Does anyone know what mode of transport HRH will utilise from whatever Palace she will be leaving from, to the Royal Palace Church?

That hasn't been published. Perhaps Madeleine arrives at the Daimler 27 H.P. Limousine from 1950, it is the oldest of the king's cars, and Victoria and the king arrived by it to the Stockholm Cathedral on Victoria's wedding day. Perhaps Madeleine arrives from the Royal Palace and don't use a car at all.

Last edited:
You didn't read my message, where the photo is. I wrote that the Cadillac will be used if the weather is bad. Otherwise it has been told many times earlier that if the weather if fine, they will use the Parade Barouche Victoria and Daniel used at their wedding.

Okay -Cadillac aside... The biggie/coach shown does not look like that of Victorias wedding day. It looks smaller and it's not completely open like that of Victoria's.

Okay -Cadillac aside... The biggie/coach shown does not look like that of Victorias wedding day. It looks smaller and it's not completely open like that of Victoria's.

It is the same Parade Barouche Victoria and Daniel used, from the court website
During the cortège, The Princess Couple will travel in the Parade Barouche. It is the same barouche that was used by The King and Queen and The Crown Princess Couple's at their wedding.
The Parade Barouche - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

It is the same Parade Barouche Victoria and Daniel used, from the court website
During the cortège, The Princess Couple will travel in the Parade Barouche. It is the same barouche that was used by The King and Queen and The Crown Princess Couple's at their wedding.
The Parade Barouche - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Ahh -the back cover is down and now I can see it. The pictures do not show that. Thanks.

What is happening with Spain? Are they not allowed to go anywhere anymore?

Also is that correct? No bridesmaids?

Also is that correct? No bridesmaids?

Madeleine said at an interview many months ago that she will not have bridesmaids, but page boys and flower girls like her sister had.

Anyone confirmation from Monaco on who's attending or not.

According to Expressen and Aftonbladet, Chris had his bachelor party yesterday.

Chris thought he had a meeting with Daniel at the Royal Palace yesterday morning, but instead Chris was taken to a boat, where his swedish friends waited, among them Robert von Horn and Jacob Cronstedt. Carl Philip had changed his schedule and could attend too (Obviously Daniel wasn't with them at the beginning, since he attended at the lunch for the Indonesian president at 12.00).
Daniel and Robert von Horn were the main planners, Daniel wanted to show Sweden and the archipelago to Chris. Chris had last Thursday been at a bachelor party, his american friends had taken him to Italy for three days.
Madeleine has taken part at the planning of the bachelor party and she has been calm because she has known that Daniel and Robert are organizing the party.
After a two-hour boat trip Chris and his friends arrived to Sandhamn and Seglarhotellet, of which Aftonbladet reported on Tuesday evening.
They had planned to stay the night in Sandhamn.
At the same time Madeleine was at a long lunch at restaurant Nybrogatan 38 with her best friends Emma Pernald and Louise Cronstedt.
Bertil Ternert from the court press department said that he didn't know any details and hadn't found about it. But he knew that someone of the royals are out at Sandhamn. He didn't know in what intention they are but that it is private.
Så kidnappade de Chris till svensexan Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation
Chris i skärgården på svensexa Nyheter Aftonbladet

According to the RVD no Dutch royals will attend the wedding in Stockholm.

It sounds like there will little in royals at the weddig?

That is such a shame!
Are they all otherwise engaged?
I've grown so used to seeing Maxima, in particular, at all the weddings. I'll definitely miss her.
It's shaping up to be a rather sparse guest list so far, in terms of royal guests I mean..

Unless there is a close relationship, senior royals do not attend the wedding of a junior royal, even if they are a daughter of a king.

Maxima is now a very senior royal

I was thinking that there wouldn't be a Dutch or Spanish presence.Wonder if there will be anyone from Monaco?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom