Princess Madeleine & Chris O'Neill, Current Events Part 2: January 2021 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 2 of the thread for the current events of Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill.

You can find the old thread here:

** Princess Madeleine & Chris O'Neill, Current Events 1: December 2012 - December 2020 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

The County Administrative Board of Västernorrland told at the press release about the program of the day and Nicolas inaugurating his christening gift:

Prince Nicolas inaugurates the discovery park at Skuleberget
On June 21, Prince Nicolas, Duke of Ångermanland, H.R.H. Princess Madeleine and Mr. Christopher O'Neill visit Skuleberget. Prince Nicolas inaugurates the discovery park and receives a guided tour of the Naturum Höga Kusten.
11.00 Official inauguration of the Discovery Park, Skuleberget
Song with Soul Kids, the Cathedral Choir in Härnösand.
Governor Berit Högman and Malin Svanholm, Chair of the Executive Committee of Kramfors and chairman of Höga Kusten Destinationsutveckling give speeches.
Playful guidance by Anna Carlemalm, director of Naturum Höga Kusten
Visit and guided tour of Naturum Höga Kusten.
Prins Nicolas inviger upptäckarparken vid Skuleberget _ Länsstyrelsen Västernorrland

Rania Shemoun Olsson, the host of "Kungahuset", TV4's annual program of the Royal family, was there too, so we will see a clip of the visit at the program.

Court website
Prince Nicolas visited the World Heritage Höga Kusten
On site at Naturum Höga kusten, Prince Nicolas got to try out the discovery park that was given as a gift to the Prince at the christening seven years ago. During today's visit, the Prince officially inaugurated the park by riding through a band in a slide.
In the afternoon, Prince Nicolas and his parents visited Skuleberget's lookout. point.
Prins Nicolas besökte världsarvet Höga kusten _ Kungahuset

Photos by SPA
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Kungligt besök i Höga kusten när prins Nicolas lekpark invigdes - P4 Västernorrland _ Sveriges Radio

Legion-Media gallery

SPA published a video of the visit

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we know if Madeleines children can all understand and speak Swedish fluently?

Do we know if Madeleines children can all understand and speak Swedish fluently?
Princess Madeleine has said that she only speaks Swedish with her children. Her and Chris takes turn in reading for them before bedtime. They always read them books by Swedish authors, but she reads in Swedish and Chris in English. She's told Expressen that the kids speaks different degrees of Swenglish depending on when and with whom they speak, but that during their Swedish summer holidays their Swedish is quite good.

Prince Nicolas is a stunningly beautiful child. All the Swedish Royal children look like they are out of a story book, but Nicolas is on another level!:ohmy:

The park look absolutely amazing! I’m sure Nicolas finds all this fuss so strange, most of the time he is an ordinary boy growing up in USA. To be a “Duke” and inaugurate a new park must seem rather odd to him lol.

The park look absolutely amazing! I’m sure Nicolas finds all this fuss so strange, most of the time he is an ordinary boy growing up in USA. To be a “Duke” and inaugurate a new park must seem rather odd to him lol.

The whole thing is surreal. An American boy from Florida visiting his “ Duchy” in Sweden.

On the other hand, I suppose that having a royal Duke is something that the Swedish provinces seem to value , especially in the case of that particular province, which, if I understand it correctly, never had a Duke before.

Nicolas was born in Sweden and he probably talks with his mum in Swedish.

Is Madeleine's husband rich?

I am wondering, because I mean to remember, that he works in the finance industry. And Sweden is one of the hedge fund capitals of Europe. Plus there are quite a few big and rich companies there.

So, if Princess Madeleine would help to lift the status of the hedge fund wifes there and the wifes of the industry captains, in "supporting" their charity events and vernissages simply by showing up, they might advise their husbands to give Madeleine's husband some good business...

Win - win...

I'd say Chris even more looked out of place than Nicolas, who was a bit overwhelmed but accepted that he was in the picture that day. Chris on the other hand clearly was only present because he had to and not because he wanted to.

I am wondering, because I mean to remember, that he works in the finance industry. And Sweden is one of the hedge fund capitals of Europe. Plus there are quite a few big and rich companies there.

So, if Princess Madeleine would help to lift the status of the hedge fund wifes there and the wifes of the industry captains, in "supporting" their charity events and vernissages simply by showing up, they might advise their husbands to give Madeleine's husband some good business...

Win - win...

If Chris O'Neill wanted to do business in Sweden (and perhaps if Madeleine wanted to be living in Sweden), they'd be living in Sweden. It hasn't worked out that way.

Princess Madeleine has said that she only speaks Swedish with her children. Her and Chris takes turn in reading for them before bedtime. They always read them books by Swedish authors, but she reads in Swedish and Chris in English. She's told Expressen that the kids speaks different degrees of Swenglish depending on when and with whom they speak, but that during their Swedish summer holidays their Swedish is quite good.

Interesting.

It sounded as though Prince Nicolas spoke in English to his mother early on in the SPA video, though I could not make out the words, and he appeared not to converse with the Swedish children who were present. In the Sveriges Radio interview, it seems he hesitated when asked questions in Swedish and ultimately gave one-word answers in Swedish ("everything" in response to being asked what he found most fun that day, and "yes" after "mom" was suggested as an answer to the question of which parent was more fun to play with).

If Chris O'Neill wanted to do business in Sweden (and perhaps if Madeleine wanted to be living in Sweden), they'd be living in Sweden. It hasn't worked out that way.

The couple's frequent moves and flirtations with moving to Sweden during the early years of their marriage, despite Chris O'Neill's evident desire to live elsewhere, I think strongly supports the sincerity of Princess Madeleine's many statements in interviews expressing her wish to return to Sweden.

Gosh, I thought I read some time ago, Princess Madeline spoke Swedish to the children at home and Chris spoke English. I remember thinking, this would be a good way for Chris to pick up basic Swedish along with the children. I do not remember where I read this though or if it was an interview that Princess Madeline and Chris gave that I watched. sorry.

In the first few months after they married, Chris and Madeleine were interviewed and said that they spoke German when they were alone together.

If he is rich, I don't know, but the Swedish press has written that Chris inherited SEK seven million when his father Paul O'Neill died in 2004.
Chris arv efter sin pappa_ 7 miljoner _ Inloggad _ Expressen

In the first few months after they married, Chris and Madeleine were interviewed and said that they spoke German when they were alone together.

Madeleine said then at the interview that she and Chris speak German to each other in New York when they don't want anyone to understand what they are saying to each other.
Prinsessan Madeleine och Chris i sin första intervju - Hovbloggen

Back
Top Bottom