Pavlos And Marie-chantal: Current Events October 2003 - February 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Article about Marie-Chantal's clothing line from "point de vue"

Attachments

• Scan0001.jpg
    Scan0001.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 751
Little Maria-Olympia is very cute but Pavlos looks a little unhappy?? Or annoyed maybe. :unsure: Thank you for the link, Martine!

Originally posted by Julia@Oct 28th, 2003 - 2:37 pm
Little Maria-Olympia is very cute but Pavlos looks a little unhappy?? Or annoyed maybe. :unsure: Thank you for the link, Martine!
i thought the same thing about Pavlos ; I guess maybe he's not so interested in childrens fashion like a lot of men :p

After looking at her kids-clothes-collections...I´ve to admit that I think almost everybody on this board could design the same. We just need a princess- title to ennoble (...and sell) our collections :p
BTW Mary-Olympia looks older to me than just seven (rather like 9) on the Point de Vue-pics.

..The success of cloth-kid collection is to look average!!The secret is on the quality of fabrics ,the quality of the stiches,colours etc,etc.This is where MC design is targetin on ,Lena....

Now we could discuss what is average. I think kids clothes should look cute, not boring, but shouldn´t embarrass the kid with too much falderal. And looking at MC clothes...that doesn´t live up my standards. It´s just tooooo boring. And talking about quality...all designers claim that their clothes are of better quality than others. But out of my personal experience I have to say that expensive designer-wear isn´t always of better quality than cheaper one. And we are talking of kids....probably they won´t fit in such a summer dress longer than just one season!

As far as I can see,MC clothe's design is more to 'what the kids need ' for every day life,and leisure!! Her Clothes are very convenient for the kids,(always one size up becouse the kids grow rapidly)the fabrics are of the best (becouse the kid plays and swets).the choice of colours and the quality of colours is very well picked an dedected,in order to avoid future allergies,to create an average taste of dressing to the growing child,so when he grows,He/she wouldn't have to develope taste in clothing as ofBoy -George in a concert !!! :wacko: :woot:

i think the clothes she designs are a bit oldfashioned , i don't like kids wearing mini grown up clothes , but her collection is too conservative i think. and a bit snobbish too.

just my opinion , it's probably a matter of taste

I really don't think parents would buy those clothes. They're designer kiddy clothes..but kids grow out of them in months! I doubt any parent will spent $50 on a shirt just to see the kid grow out of it in a week. They're like mini versions of adult clothes. They're not for everyday wear, they're nice if you're looking for formal wear for special ocasions like weddings.

There are plenty of people who have the money to spend on clothes this expensive in America.

Hi everyone!

Plenty of people buy these clothes. Personally, I don't get it. Perhaps purchasing several pieces for special ocasssions, but other than that I don't believe that I would let my children (if I had any) where clothing like this daily.

I think that it is too conservative and not the least bit fun. I sometimes feel sorry for her little boys. They look like they're suffocating at times.

I agree that it is somewhat ridiculous for anyone to spend that kind of money or small children who are constantly growing and changing. I don't care how much designer infant, toddler and children's clothes the stores produce. I will never understand people who buy designer clothing for infants. Today it fits, tomorrow it's too small.

It is hard to put into words what I think of this wierd relationship. I like Pavlos, he is a sweet and caring person and it is written all over his face. He is genuine, and hardworking, he knows what he wants. As for M-C, I have a different outlook on her. I agree 110% with Julia that she is a "title snatcher". She has no respect, and it seems from the way that she carries herself, that she cares about no one but herself and what her image is like, or should I say, how she can throw her money around, etc.

I think that she runs the relationship period.... She seems to have no respect for Pavlos. It is her way or none at all. Etc.

Maybe we should start a new thread about how we view this relationship. It would be interesting to see what others think.

Chanel

If I wanted my child to throw up on a cashmire sweater I would defanitly use my $$ (which I don't have) I would buy them. But when your average like myself and others, buying baby clothes at her prices is insane. One could only imagine the horror on any ordinary womans face when her baby throws up or poos on a brand new $100.00 cashmire sweeater. Thank God for Wal-mart!

Chanel

Do we know anything at all about her London store? Can anyone provide any info and photos for us?

What is the latest on her "clothing line"? I have heard nothing.....

Thank You

Chanel

Can you post them please? Do they show any of her in her store and so on? Well even if they don't could you post for us to ejoy?

:p She is wearing something stylish,expencive,suited for the occasion!!I like it!!

Stylish? It's not a good color, it looks like a bunch of rags sewn together, and it hits her wrong---it almost makes her look hippy! Unless it's a bad photo.

This is not a good look for herj, head to toe........did you notice the last few buttons are unbuttoned (or is that part of the "look"). Remember those pictures from this summer when she had on the white blazer and skirt, it also was unbuttoned at the bottom (which I know someone else here pointed out at the time). Do you think she is pregnant, or is this not even worth mentioning?

Originally posted by Lady Jean@Nov 14th, 2003 - 3:49 pm
This is not a good look for herj, head to toe........did you notice the last few buttons are unbuttoned (or is that part of the "look"). Remember those pictures from this summer when she had on the white blazer and skirt, it also was unbuttoned at the bottom (which I know someone else here pointed out at the time). Do you think she is pregnant, or is this not even worth mentioning?
I think if the latter few buttons were unbuttoned already during the summer because of a possible pregnancy, there would've been an announcement about Marie Chantal expecting her fourth child.

I think you're right about the buttons being unbuttoned because it's the "style."

With respect to the dress that MC is wearing at the wedding, I don't believe that she could button those last few buttons without the outfit looking too snug. With all of the ruffles on this outfit, I don't believe that the designer wanted the buttons to show and ruin the finished effect. (Just my own guess). There are photos dated 7/2003 of MC wearing a white jacket/blazer with a matching white skirt at a Christian Dior show. In those pictures, MC has the blazer totally buttoned and looks very trim & chic. I believe she is wearing the very same blazer at Anna Maria's christening with another skirt. MC's clothes are obviously well made and fitted to her figure. I would imagine that occasionally MC's weight could fluctuate by a few pounds every now and then. I certainly envy her figure after three children!

kirsten

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,228
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,793
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,257
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,213
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,455
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 6,037
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,257
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,200
Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 1,321
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,238
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,324
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,319
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 344
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 4,282
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 2,906
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 2,784
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 1,284
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 1,264
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 385
1. 3/97 New York, Crown Prince Paulos of Greece and Marie Chantel in NY

2. SEPTEMBER 10: Prince Pavlos of Greece and his wife Marie Chantel arrive at Italian restaurant San Lorenzo in Knightsbridge to celebrate shoe designer Jimmy Choo's new concession at the fashion store Harvey Nichols September 10, 2002 in London

3. to 10. August 12, 2000 at New York Hospital.

11. 10/4/98 New York

ETA copyright source www.gettyimages.com /Mandy

Attachments

• lj.jpg
    lj.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 356
  • lj.jpg
    lj.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 380
  • lj.jpg
    lj.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,769
  • lj.jpg
    lj.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 290
  • lj.jpg
    lj.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 251
  • lj.jpg
    lj.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 303
  • lj.jpg
    lj.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 253
  • lj.jpg
    lj.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 284
  • lj.jpg
    lj.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,184
  • lj.jpg
    lj.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,861
  • lj.jpg
    lj.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 2,095
You know if you take away her blond hair in the earlier photos, you can really see her Indian/Mestizo heritage.

I certainly would love to have her body and wealth---yes! But are you saying that mestizo heritage is a negative?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom