Pavlos and Marie-Chantal current events 2: October 2005-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's aging. I don't think the issue is the lack of a throne, because that's been the situation since he was seven months old. He's simply getting older. Maybe he's stressed with the new house and all, and work, but I seriously doubt that he's showing any recent strain from sitting on a throne that hasn't existed since 1974 -- he's had plenty of time to get over that.

Identity

To be a prince of Greece and 1.) Leaving Greece at the age of seven month and 2.) Not be welcome in Greece - in my opinion causes a problem with identity:You never know who you really are. And the fact that Konstantin keeps honouring by visiting Greece and appearing in public as often as he can doesn´t make it easier. Konstantin of course urges specially Pavlos to remember his "roots" all the time. This is one of the jobs that is a left-over: Simply keep remembering. The family makes a living of this. And not to forget- it might be one reason MC married Pavlos: BECAUSE he´s a prince, he´s relative to the Queen of Great Britain a.s.o. Even if he wanted, Pavlos couldn´t stop playing the prince. I´m sure he would never find a common job because the family is much too noble (nephew of two Queens!)

He has a normal job. He's the manager of a hedge fund. Finance is a perfectly normal job where it doesn't really matter who your family is. Stocks don't perform any better because you're a prince.

He knows exactly who and what he is. This is a man who won't allow his co-workers to call him Pavlos because he's royal and they're not. He has had decades to get over being dethroned. He didn't start to look drawn until this past year, so the lack of the throne is not the problem because they lost their throne long before Carl Gustaf's birthday.

Constantine makes a living out of his former role. Nikolaos makes a living from his father's former position (he works for his dad). Pavlos and Alexia make a living from their own intelligence. Lord only knows what Theodora and Philippos are going to do, but hopefully Theodora won't become an actress.

kelly9480 said:
He didn't start to look drawn until this past year, so the lack of the throne is not the problem because they lost their throne long before Carl Gustaf's birthday.

Constantine makes a living out of his former role. Nikolaos makes a living from his father's former position (he works for his dad). Pavlos and Alexia make a living from their own intelligence. Lord only knows what Theodora and Philippos are going to do, but hopefully Theodora won't become an actress.

I agree with that assessment as well. I guess I jumped to conclusions because of the Miller site post comments on the article in the British Vogue. He is probably just older and more tired;however, why would Marie-Chantal bring up so controversial a subject as their royal status. Perhaps the poster at the Miller site exaggerated. But if Marie-Chantal really did bring up that subject, then I can see why so many of the Greeks dislike her. Diplomatic she is not.

kelly9480 said:
He has a normal job. He's the manager of a hedge fund. Finance is a perfectly normal job where it doesn't really matter who your family is. Stocks don't perform any better because you're a prince.

He knows exactly who and what he is. This is a man who won't allow his co-workers to call him Pavlos because he's royal and they're not.

So, under what surname do his co-workers call Pavlos? Any ideas or clues?

Wallis said:
I agree with that assessment as well. I guess I jumped to conclusions because of the Miller site post comments on the article in the British Vogue. He is probably just older and more tired;however, why would Marie-Chantal bring up so controversial a subject as their royal status. Perhaps the poster at the Miller site exaggerated. But if Marie-Chantal really did bring up that subject, then I can see why so many of the Greeks dislike her. Diplomatic she is not.
The Vogue interviewer might have asked her about their royal status and she might have been trying to answer it in a way that wouldn't offend anyone. I read the article, and the other poster had it right. Even when I read it, it didn't seem that MC was being diplomatic enough. It read as slightly offensive, though I don't think she intended it to be that way.

iannis said:
So, under what surname do his co-workers call Pavlos? Any ideas or clues?
According to an interview Pavlos gave a few years ago, they call him Prince or Prince Pavlos. No surname at all.

Royal Prince Pavlos

has no 'co-workers'.The of almost equal level ,call him 'Prince' as for the His administrative line simply call Him "Your Highness"

can someone please post the Vogue article... The magazine is not available here in Canada..

Thanks,
Queens

If I remember correctly Pavlos said that some people see the name Prince Pavlos on his card and assume that Prince is his first name. He doesn't care if they get it mixed up because it would take alot of explaining.

How old are Pavlos and Marie Chantal's children now and does anyone have any recent photos of them? When the older ones were very little there were always photos of them in various magazines but now you don't see them as much anywhere.

Wasn't Achileas born in 2000?

Achilleas was born August 12 in 2000

......and baptized in June 7th in 2001

Because, I happen to have the same Birth day (Only some hundreds of years prior to His) please check the GRF official webside:D:D:D

b.N.York 1999

Last edited:
Emily said:
Wasn't Achileas born in 2000?
Not according to the official site, no. They list him as being born in 1999. I checked before I posted.

Without being arrogan, I am quite certain the GRF site is wrong -- the first three children were all, more or less, two years apart and then there are four years between Achileas and O. Kimon. If you go through older threads, it does list 2000 as his birth year.

Then contact the GRF webmaster and Constantine's office about the date. I've contacted them before and they're very helpful.

Does anyone know if Marie-Chantal is still running her children's clothing business?

She still runs it. The website is mariechantal.com.

I wrote in and received an e-mail that the site has been corrected -- Achileas was born in August of 2000.

Emily said:
I wrote in and received an e-mail that the site has been corrected -- Achileas was born in August of 2000.

If the Official site corected it,then yes he was borned year 2OOO..The ":D Prince of the Millenium"

Queens said:
can someone please post the Vogue article... The magazine is not available here in Canada..

Thanks,
Queens
I have the article. I got so curious about the article that I bought the magazine even though I don't like purchasing fashion mags. My husband told me he has a scanner at his office;however, I don't know how to scan and neither does he. If you or any other poster have instructions on how to scan the article to this site, I would really appreciate it.

There should be some scanner software on the computer. That software will walk you through it, step by step. Each scanner is different, though. The last time I scanned something, I simply turned on the scanner, placed the item face down, and the software took over.

kelly9480 said:
There should be some scanner software on the computer. That software will walk you through it, step by step. Each scanner is different, though. The last time I scanned something, I simply turned on the scanner, placed the item face down, and the software took over.
Thanks for the tip. I'll try to do it tomorrow. By the way, I really liked the article although she is still very protective about giving too much information about her family, especially her mother.

yes Achilleas is born in 2000 and the reason i know that is that he was born a few month before his greatgrandmother queen Ingrid died and she died in 2000

So is anyone gonna post this British Vogue article? Would appreciate it. Or maybe just give some snippets of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom