Names and Godparents for Zara and Mike's third child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biri

Imperial Majesty
City
Warsaw
Country
Poland
Now after the Happy Announcement we may start this thread.

Names: for a boy - Philipp Mark
For a girl - Paula Marina.

Yes, I also think that if they have a boy he may well be named Philip. It's the name of Mike's father as well as Zara's grandpa and it would be very appropriate.

If it's another girl then it will probably be something unusual again like Brienna.

For Baby Tindall's godparent, I think Zara's cousins could be considered.

The Duke of Cambridge (George is Zara's godson)
The Duke of Sussex
Princess Beatrice (The Duke of York is Zara's godfather)
Princess Eugenie (Ditto)​

As some posters in the Baby Brooksbank's thread, the possibility of having the parent's sibling as a godparent (in this case Peter Phillips) has become very little.

I left out Lady Louise Windsor and James, Viscount Severn, because they are both under 18 at the expected birth date.

I left out Lady Louise Windsor and James, Viscount Severn, because they are both under 18 at the expected birth date.

In order to be a godparent, a candidate has to be confirmed, not necesarily of age :flowers:

Was Louise confirmed already?

I'm wondering if they've seen the scan and know it's a boy - it seems a bit weird for Mike actually to say that he's hoping for a boy.

Maybe William as a godparent, because he and Zara also seem so close.

Is it publicly known who are godparents of Mia and Lena?

In order to be a godparent, a candidate has to be confirmed, not necesarily of age :flowers:

Was Louise confirmed already?

I'm not quite sure about that, sorry. I was thinking and speculating that it is unlikely a godparent is age less than 18. Some posters (Countessmeout and Molly2101) have pointed out that Prince William is a godfather to Prince Constantine Alexios of Greece and Denmark (born 1998), at age 16. However, the Greek Orthodox allows "godparent as young as 13", whilst Anglican suggests at least 18.

I would love to see Lady Louise as a godmother!!

I would also love that. I guess she is a bit young but how old was William when he was made god father to Pavlos’ son?

15 but he was only an honorary godparent, and unlike the Anglican church which suggests at least 18, Orthodox allows as young as 13 for godparents.

Thank you Countessmeout and Molly2101 for the information and leticia.h for mentioning Lady Louise in the Baby Brooksbank thread

It’ll be really interesting to see what names they choose for the baby, because I feel like Mia and Lena are two very different names that you wouldn’t necessarily have go together as a sibling set! Mia is quite modern and popular, while Lena isn’t a particularly trendy name- I wouldn’t necessarily call it old-fashioned, but it’s not a name that’s really “in” right now. So for a girl I have to say I don’t have any suggestions, I’ll just wait and see!

Does Mike Tindall have any siblings?

As a godmother - maybe Stephanie Philips?

I despair with the naming of the royal children because the parents do not seem to interested in the family names much: there's a Lady Cosima Windsor on the Gloucester side and there's Athena of Denmark, et al. So, I would not be surprised if Zara's third child gets odd names.

I expect non-traditional names like Zane or Xander if it's a boy.
For a girl I am going with a short name that ends in *A* and starts with a K like Kaia or Kyla ... in keeping with the reverse alphabetical name order *M*ia-*L*ena-Kaia

Definitely non traditional names going on past record, also unusual. Zara and Mike have a history of short names in the family, eg Anne, Mark, Peter, Zara, Mia and Lena, Ian, Linda Phil.

So my first predictions for first names are
for a girl are Irina, Xenia, Kyla.
for a boy, possibly Zane, Mark, Quinn.

With Zara and Mike and Peter and Autumn choosing very non traditional names for their current children, (although middle names are a little more traditional, (but not always grace isn't) the field is wide open for guessing. I think wee will all have a lot of fun trying. I hope to find more names that I think may fit with their perceived naming style as the months go by.

Ailsa, did not "pinch your ideas" but I agree with you for Zane and Kyla.

Mike is actually Michael and Phil is Philip.

Based on their daughters:

-short
-trendy (top 50 names)
-if not trendy, a more modern twist on a classic name (Lena)

Mia Grace were both in the top 15 names in 2014 (still are high up). Lena is a popular nickname for classic names like Helena. Elizabeth as well as being for the queen, is found and several of its forms, again in the top 50.

For girls some of the top girls names UK that are short (1/2 syllable)

-Luna
-Maeve
-Ava
(those are the top 10 that are 1-2 syllables, well besides Isla but thats Peter's)
-Cora
-Iris
-Hazel
-Alice
-Ivy
-Maya
(top 20)

I could easily see something like Ava or Ivy. I'd love to see Alice as a nod to Philip through his mom but while its one of the top names, I'm not sure. Other short ones in the top 50 are things like Aria, Freya, Chloe, Nora, Lucy.

Boys:
-Asher
-Milo
-Levi
-Silas
-Leo
-Arlo
(top 10. Honestly only one I could see is Leo. Think the others might be a bit too old fashioned for them even if the top 10. Hope not Arlo, that is my cousin's dog's name)
-Liam
-Kai
-Felx
-Finn
-Ethan
-Henry

Other names in top 50 that are short and have potential are Jude, Ei, Hugo, Theo, Lucas.

I'd be shocked if they have a boy if Philip is not at least the middle name especially with DOE's 100th birthday.

Probably some non-traditional name altough might be still normal among commoners. And I guess too that it will be relatively short name like their previous kids. Or then on name is five letters. In other hand this child is pretty probably their last one so they might try some special and perhaps closer traditional altough not very traditional name.

Godparents are probably some of their family friends.

They seems preferring non-traditional names (which I won't call them odd), it's difficult to guess but also fun to guess as there are many possibilities.:D

Random thought:
Boy: Alec, Theo, Ethan, Aaron, Xander (put my money on Philip being chosen as the middle name)
Girl: Janna, Kyle, Sonia, Cleo, Tessa (Anne or Alice as middle name?)
(No reason, I just search on name sites and think these sounds good:p)

Godparents: No idea, but I would love to see Louise being one of the godparents too.

They seems preferring non-traditional names (which I won't call them odd), it's difficult to guess but also fun to guess as there are many possibilities.:D

Random thought:
Boy: Alec, Theo, Ethan, Aaron, Xander (put my money on Philip being chosen as the middle name)
Girl: Janna, Kyle, Sonia, Cleo, Tessa (Anne or Alice as middle name?)
(No reason, I just search on name sites and think these sounds good:p)

Godparents: No idea, but I would love to see Louise being one of the godparents too.

Not sure we will see a Xan. We already have a Xan Windsor. I guess they are far enough not related they could use the name, but I'd be surprised.

I think Louise is likely a bit young for being a godmother just yet. Especially for kids of her eldest cousins who she isn't that close to.

Harry is Lena's. And it has been suggested William is Mia's (he was one of the few at her christening).

Not sure we will see a Xan. We already have a Xan Windsor. I guess they are far enough not related they could use the name, but I'd be surprised.

You are right! I found Xander familiar but I don't remember who has this name in the family:flowers:.

For a boy I'd say 'Philip' as a middle name; it's the name of Mike's father, Zara's grandfather and Zara's maiden name was Phillips. Not sure about the first name, it's probably two syllables but other than that I have no clue, so let's just pick something for the moment:

Max Philip

For a girl, I'd like to see 'Anne' as middle name given that Elizabeth has already been used (and Lena is somewhat close to 'Linda' - Mike's mother's name). The first name probably ends with -a:

Freya Anne

There are already a few Alexanders in the family, so I don't think this name will be used.

For a girl:
Emma Alice Tindall

For a boy:
David Philip Tindall

The bookies' favourite is Edward. I can't see them going for that - they don't tend to re-use first names of close relatives, plus it's now quite old-fashioned, although Teddy is now popular. My childhood teddy bear is called Edward, so I've got a soft spot for the name :) .

I'd never have guessed Savannah, Isla, Mia or Lena, so no idea!

Mia, Lena and ..

Philip Peter or Reuben Philip for a boy.
Rose Matilda or Faith Louise for a girl.

I guess a boy born in mid June.
I agree that the name will be hard to predict.

On sleeping on it, I think the name will be impossible to predict.
The Tindalls choose names that are meaningful to them and I don't know them so I'm having a last brainstorm for fun - using some creative inspiration.

Ned, Red, Roy, Clark, Buck, Furlong, Phil, Zoro, Trojan
Britt, Golda, Queenie, Hayley, Bridie, Mary, Filly.

The Tindal baby will have a short, fairly modern but not too far out name going on previous names in that branch of the family. I do think Zara and Mike will be more adventurous than Eugenie and Jack

Possible girl's names
Anna (not after Princess Anne) but as a name in its own right.
Lucy
Dana

Boys Names
Jude
Shaun/Sean
Jared

Philippa Alice
Alicia Elizabeth

Philip Ian
Mark Philip

Status
Not open for further replies.