Most disappointing Royal 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
auntie said:
The point with dissapointing royals, is the fact that most of them live off public money, and have done nothing to deserve the money besides being born into the right family. It is not unfair to expect of them, who have the best oppurtunity in the world for a good education to behave, at least in public in a more decent ethical way than the rest of us, isn't it?!

In very many countries there are many more then Royals living from public money but they haven't the same mediapressure on them and we often don't care about politicians if they have the right clothes or not. If one should look up on everyone living from public money I would say there arent many "deserving their money". How many of us can name leading politicans in small nations? Not many I suppose. But we know everything the Royal houses, even about small children being newly born. I think Royals often behaves better then other officals. But they have a stronger pressure because the whole world is watching.

Last edited:
fandesacs2003 said:
To study what?? Haakon is too old to study, he now should stay with his people. as regards Mette-Marit, while studying in London she was very often cought by Paparazzis, in a creasy shopping, with enormeous bags Gucci and Prada....
I do not care, but I have Norwegian friends who told me that they were furious .....

Needless to say, I strong disagree with your comment that "Haakon is too old to study. First of all, you are never to old to learn ANYTHING and secondly, Haakon was in London to continue his studies at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), where he read international politics, concentrating on development studies. And as a future monarch, that's not a bad thing to know.

In regards to the Mette-Marit, she also took a course in London (which I can't find the info for at this particular time).

Zonk1189 said:
Needless to say, I strong disagree with your comment that "Haakon is too old to study. First of all, you are never to old to learn ANYTHING and secondly, Haakon was in London to continue his studies at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), where he read international politics, concentrating on development studies. And as a future monarch, that's not a bad thing to know.

In regards to the Mette-Marit, she also took a course in London (which I can't find the info for at this particular time).

In a complex, changing world like ours it is of vital importance to be up-to-date. So it's very commendable of Haakoon to study, I think. It's not frivolous drinking parties at fraternities what he did.

sebastian said:
What's all that talk about: You have to be royal, super-royal, mega-royal to be worthy - and the Monacos are just trash. I'm sorry to brake this to you but: All of these you're talking about are just people and I don't get what gets you so 'on' if you see them walking around and acting as if they swallowed a stick. What we need is people, humans, runaways, funny guys, honest girls, some of flesh and blood who have no fear to show they are -and some who care about life as it is : UP AND DOWN ...

A very interesting forum this Royal chit chat one...
You are definitely on something with that word trash :D The entire Monagasque royal family seems to be mixing mainly with just some Mediterranean Eurotrash laundering money there, none of them seeming to spend any time doing anything worthwhile with their time. Albert has no charachter, no charisma, no principles, no wit, no spine. And oh, he has the most un-inspiring looks too - one could have thought the most beautiful woman in the world and quite a handsome man like Rainier could have produced a little more dashing heir...:eek:

-L

Now, don't hold back Lisamaria!

fandesacs2003 said:
If you compare in ex with Mette Marit, this was a catastrophy.... after her marriage she abandonned her country and she escaped for almost a year in London, which is unacceptable for a CrownPrince, to escape her own country....

I wonder if that was such a bad thing to do - after all the commotion surrounding her wedding, maybe it was quite clever to get some distance to Norway and get used to it all and let people calm down. It took some pressure of her, I'm sure. And now they are in Norway, obviously taking their roles seriously.

In regards to Haakon and Mette-Marit's year of study in London: This thread is about 2005, which means that that is really off-topic here. If you really want to discuss it further, I suggest either finding a relevant thread in the appropriate sub-forum, or starting one. Reading up on the relevant, existing news threads, would probably not hurt either. ;)

Further discussion about it in this thread (either to defend or accuse) will be deleted.

Norwegianne.
TRF Moderator

norwegianne said:
In regards to Haakon and Mette-Marit's year of study in London: This thread is about 2005, which means that that is really off-topic here.

Sorry, norwegianne. The topic had been brought up above.

Zonk1189 said:

if i'm not mistaken, Mette-Marit study in School of Oriental & African Studies.

I'm not disappointed with Letizia, though. She seems to have mastered her job, she seemed to be very relaxed and happy at times, looked nice and even managed not to look too anorectic. She doesn't seem to be arrogant either; sometimes thoughtful and sometimes tired, but don't we all? So, what more could one want?
I'm disappointed with the British Royals, though. Not one colourful character! Not a teensy-weensy scandal! All of them settling into uneventful middle-age. Boring.

BeatrixFan said:
I like Letizia. It seems that people who like Maxima don't like Letizia and people who like Letizia don't like Maxima. People who like Mary don't like Maxima, etc etc.

It has always been apparent to me that those who are pro Mary are anti Letizia and visa versa.

But, I really like Letizia. She is beautiful women and I would want no other Princess of Asturias!

"MII"

But, I really like Letizia. She is beautiful women and I would want no other Princess of Asturias!

Here Here Margrethe II!

Smilla said:
She seems to have mastered her job.

Mastered?... I dont think so.

I dont think after a year and a bit of marriage that one can say someone has mastered their position, least of all a Crown Princess and future Queen Consort. I do believe they have all made amazing transitions and are executing their new roles wonderfully but to say that someone has already mastered being a Crown Princess (Princess of Asturias)....I dont think it possible.

"MII"

Margrethe II said:
It has always been apparent to me that those who are pro Mary are anti Letizia and visa versa.

"MII"

Not necessarily. I like both! :)

ysbel said:
Not necessarily. I like both! :)

Just quietly....same ;) :)

I should have made myself more clear...I mean a substantial majority, not everyone.

Although I think we can tell which one I am "devoted" to :D

"MII"

Last edited:
Margrethe II said:
Mastered?... I dont think so.

I dont think after a year and a bit of marriage that one can say someone has mastered their position, least of all a Crown Princess and future Queen Consort. I do believe they have all made amazing transitions and are executing their new roles wonderfully but to say that someone has already mastered being a Crown Princess (Princess of Asturias)....I dont think it possible.

"MII"

That's what I meant. She isn't a pro yet, but she's done her work perfectly fine without any major blunders.

Smilla said:
That's what I meant. She isn't a pro yet, but she's done her work perfectly fine without any major blunders.

Smilla,

Thank you for clarifying.

"MII"

I am Spanish, and believe that to Letizia there has happened what had happened to her to any other woman who was marrying the Prince of Asturias, no woman would have been sufficiently good ever, to all we they would have found some fault. We are charmed with criticizing.
Nevertheless, the surveys demonstrate that the Princes of Asturias are valued enough. There is a small sector of the press that has discovered that to invent lies on Letizia gives them reputation and money. But Leonor's birth has broken many schemes, many journalists affirmed that he was a male (some saying certifications barnarities), and when she was born a girl was an authentic surprise. The credibility of some is increasingly low. The people who always criticize make more noise.

Today in day the Queen Sofia is wanted by the people, and very respected ... but her beginning was not not easy at all. She had the difficult things initially..... and she was a princess.

Letizia will need time to there be gained the fondness and the respect of the people, and she will gain it with her work, and being able to be near the people. It is only a question of time, and of that they can do the things well.If she can be near the people she will be gained the Spanish.

In Spain it is in the habit of saying that we estimate the foreign thing, and we are very critical with ours, and possibly be true. I believe that we go on from the love to the hatred with many facility ... we raise and lower the people rapidly ... sometimes it is better to ascend slow to come even surer site.

This week in the Spanish television they did an article on 30 Don Juan Carlos' anniversary as King; in it they collaborated you present how Gorvachov. Koffi Annan, Ricardo Lagos. Jorge Sampaio and Bill Clinton. Since well Bill Clinton remembered that recently he had had lunch with the Kings, with the Prince and his wife ... and he said that she was an extraordinary woman, without nobody was asking anything him on her ... it was called me the attention.
The time puts the things in his site, it will be necessary to wait.

Last edited:
Iula, it's nice to read a positive opinion about Letizia after all that venom that has been spread about her. Thanks.

Yes Lula, that was an excellent and refreshing response to the negative opinions that have been posted in this thread.

polop said:
prince william.I really thought he was going be a lot more involved since graduating.:(

So true he needs to start doing more Royal Duties. As for CP Victoria maybe she is just alittle tired of her role? I'm sure she's just having a bad year!!!

About Victoria

Victoria is doing very good and will be a great rouling Queen some day. She is so popular and highly loved in Sweden, and that's what´s impotant.

I know I´ts about worse, and I realy don´t like the thred. :( It would be much better writing about what´s good about Royals and others.

fandesacs2003 said:
As regards the Press Association award, I believe that she won it. I did not say that she was a failed person. But she was not a female Larry King.... not a Ofrah Winter!!!
What on earth is an "Ofrah Winter"?:D

Last edited by a moderator:
dakodas said:
What on earth is an "Ofrah Winter"?:D
I think fandesacs2003 was pointing out to us that Crown Princess Letizia was not an Oprah Winfrey.
Conversely, one could say that Oprah Winfrey was not a Crown Princess Letizia.
I hope that has cleared that up. ;)

ysbel said:
Letizia was a well respected reporter with a solid list of achievements which were all the more significant because she did it on her own. For some career minded men and woman having that sense of achievement is what's important, not the size of her apartment or having people to wait on you. Some people enjoy and thrive on the fight for survival, you can't be a successful career woman if you don't.

Maybe Letizia burned out of her high-pressure job but the demands on her are far different now than they were when she was a reporter. So she's going into a totally new role with totally different expectations. She may have made some unconscious assumptions of what her life as a public princess would be like based on her previous public role as reporter. That didn't really prepare her for the role of a crown princess.

At any rate, I don't think she's going to have the list of solid achievements as princess that she did as reporter. For some women that's fine but if a woman has been successful, you have to wonder if they miss the action once they marry a crown prince.
Just think, if she can accomplish all of these things on her own as an unknown, imagine what she can do as Queen.

lashinka2002 said:
Just think, if she can accomplish all of these things on her own as an unknown, imagine what she can do as Queen.

Ah, one sincerely hopes so, lashinka :) but its a different role. One of the reporters very aptly said that as a journalist Letizia had to learn what to say and do and now as Princess, she has to learn what NOT to say or do.

lisamaria said:
You are definitely on something with that word trash :D The entire Monagasque royal family seems to be mixing mainly with just some Mediterranean Eurotrash laundering money there, none of them seeming to spend any time doing anything worthwhile with their time. L
You have obviously none or few knowledge of the Grimaldi, their background and their social circles (which BTW greatly differs from one member to another). I also sense a bit of... how shall I put it... prejudices? cultural cliché?
Anyway whatever it is it's not pretty.
I however somehow, and to a certain extend, agree with you about the fact they lack a bit a class (particularly Albert and Stéphanie).
I also agree with you about Albert's character, but he, at least, has a dynamic and honest approach to money launderers (that he wants, and will fight, not have dinner parties with * (cough) get real (cough), and that values him above his predecessor in my eyes.

Last edited:
As per forum rules, absolutely no discussion of politics is allowed. This thread is about the most disappointing royals of 2005, not to discuss Mugabe and any other political figures. Any posts continuing in this manner will be deleted.

Danielle
Royal Forums Moderator

Danielle said:
As per forum rules, absolutely no discussion of politics is allowed. This thread is about the most disappointing royals of 2005, not to discuss Mugabe and any other political figures. Any posts continuing in this manner will be deleted.

Danielle
Royal Forums Moderator
I clearly fail to see how it is possible to critisize Harry for his choise of girlfriend (which is in the subject) without talking about politic. The very point of the controversy is that her family is politic.
I of course respect the guidelines and your authority as a moderator but I feel that sometimes blind adherence to the generale guidelines lessen the quality, pertinance and dynamism of the discussions.

for me, it is lalla salma the king's wife of morocco
she don't make anything during three years, and now she create a foundation against the cancer "foundation lalla salma", when they are an association with the same objectives and that exist since 1968, and that make its best
she could help this association, but no, she wants to have her own association that has her name, only, to appear as a lady who makes a thing against the cancer
I try as much as I can to stay clear of Middle-East and North-African discussion (the temperature usually rises so fast so easily), but I was quite shocked by that one.
Lala is quite a ground-breaking precursor. She is an educated modern woman and a public persona. Now that's the very important point. Just a question: have you ever seen M6 mother? Have you ever heard her speak, express an opinion, take an initiative? If yes, please report.
Lala is very implicated in public life, she is her own woman, she goes out without a veil (I have nothing against the veil, but you will admit it's quite daring considering her husband's family traditions). I agree her personal achievements charity-wise are not comparable to the one of Mathilde of Belgium, for example. However she is the first Moroccan Queen valued as a woman, an entity and a person, not just as a baby maker. I believe she has done more for feminism in Morocco in one year that anyone else.
So, IMO, she has nothing to do in this thread.

i don't know who's to blame..
but..

i'm really dissapointed the Norwegian RF doesn't make Prince Sverre Magnus a HRH !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom