Most disappointing Royal 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pollyemma said:
i hate to be the one to break this to you... birth control fails from time to time.:D it can happen to anyone, even royalty.

You're not breaking anything to me. :p But it seems to fail quite a bit for royalty, eh.

princess olga said:
Zonk, I much agree with your opinon about Harry (but I'm with Marengo that Chelsy seems to be just the epitome of tacky, not to mention that Mugabe-friendly family of hers, ugh), but beg to differ regarding Albert.

Here's why:

First of, I take it with "fooling around", you refer to "having a relationship", right?
If so, I don't think he's acting foolish at all. Let's not forget he is not married: which means that if he wants to have consensual sex with every and any (unmarried) female (or male!) over, say, 21, walking around on our planet today, he certainly would be entitled to do so. Moreover, it would be none of our business whatsoever.
(And as for him being too old for that kind of thing...what's so wrong with consensual sex at the decent age of 47, or whatever he is currently? ;)

The reason I'm quite the opposite of disappointed in Albert is because of what he has said he intends to do for Monaco during his reign, in particular

1. HIS STRIVE FOR OPENNESS
He says he will strive for as much openness as possible (hence i.e. his acknowledgment of Alexandre's existence. he could have denied it or have done nothing, but he did neither. Commendable indeed.), as far as Monaco is concerned (but I take it also re. his own life).

That's a big one, because Monaco has the reputation for attracting not only hardworking, reasonably decent business people and entertainment stars to its tax-free shores, but also a lot of tax refugees with, well, less of a clear slate shall we say.
Albert has this year openly acknowledged that Monaco is seen by many as one of <the> places for criminals to whitewash money. (makes a lot of sense: not even on the beautiful Riviera does cash grow on trees) An admission his late father NEVER made. The fact Albert did that, deserved more media attention than his prolific tryst with that Nicole woman, in my view.

Moreover, Albert has vowed to clean up his country's shady image of being a haven for suspicious business deals. A very very curious thing to announce right at your coronation, when you know, as he certainly does, that Monaco owes a lot of its wealth to shady money. Very very brave of the guy, if you ask me. Not to mention interesting. Disappointing? No way.

2. HIS INTEREST IN NATURE CONSERVANCY ISSUES

Albert has been a serious environmentalist for a long time and it looks like he's also in this matter stepping up to the plate. He has announced he will pay close attention to nature, nature conservancy, nature protection, etc. during his reign.
Glad to see that <someone> of all those royals out there is doing something in this realm: call me pedantic, but any attempt trying to increase awareness to the fact our own planet may be in serious jeopardy due to our own actions, deserves kudos.

Prior to Albert's ascending the Monaco throne, I didn't think much of him. Now I'm intrigued. And willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. My prediction: he will be one of the most interesting ones out there to watch in the coming years. He'll have plenty of years to disappoint us, but this year is not it, IMHO.

Princess Olga..you are quite right...when I mention "fooling around" I am referring to consensual sex. And yes, he is not married and can have it with ANYONE he likes to. And as I get closer to the big 40..I am not all all offended by his age :)

I think it is irresponsbile because of his position. He should be using something (and yes birth control is not effective 100% of the time..I realize that) if nothing else for the sexually transmitted diseases that are out there! In addition he mentioned that there could be several more paternity cases out there...WHAT IS THAT ABOUT. That is totally irresponsible. Thankfully the law of sucession in Monaco are clear because if not..his little interlude could certainly spell trouble for the country.

And yes it is most unfortunate that his relationship with Nicole, and his son (who should have a private relationship with his father) is getting more press than the good that Albert plans to do for Monaco. But see..he should have recognized that in the beginning and been more careful with his lifestyle choices. He isn't an 18 year old. With that respect, I expect more from a 47 year old man.

Ok, I don't visit the Spanish Forum very much...However, JC has illegitimate children:confused: :eek:?

I agree about Albert. He seems like a big kid. He wants women without the responsibility. But he's in a position of responsibility as Prince of Monaco and if he can't handle a wife and child, how can he handle running a country?

And no, I'm not saying he should have married Nicole but he should have settled down with someone else. As it stands, Caroline is next in line for the throne followed by Andrea, so they are half in and half out. They weren't meant to be in direct line for the succession once Albert was an adult because Albert was supposed to have married and had kids.

It leaves them in limbo which is entirely unfair IMHO.

Harry did not just "mess up" casually he insulted a whole lot of people-especially the Jews by wearing the nazi band. He is meant to have one of the best educations, im sure he had to have learned the history of the holocust at some point. I am truly disgusted, I would have thought he knew better. If he can do that whats to stop him from becoming fiends with President Mugabi-the president of his girlfirend Chelsy's homeland. He shows no respect whatsoever of other races. And he calls himself a prince...truly dissapointiong.

i completely agree with Lil princess lost.

He would have had a good education and still he makes those comments, he seems ignorant to me. Especially someone in his position should not be making those comments.

Lil princess lost said:
Harry did not just "mess up" casually he insulted a whole lot of people-especially the Jews by wearing the nazi band. He is meant to have one of the best educations, im sure he had to have learned the history of the holocust at some point. I am truly disgusted, I would have thought he knew better.

Harry may have known better than most of us. The party had a colonial theme and the uniform was supposedly a copy of Rommel's uniform during the colonial war in Africa at the beginning of WWII. Rommel was at odds with the Nazi party for the majority of his tenure. His aides were implicated in a plot to kill Hitler and he was suspected. Hitler forced him to commit suicide or face a sham trial and he committed suicide.

You can find more info in the Nazi uniform thread in the William and Harry forum.

i not find prince harry disapppointing he's young and all young people are going to make mistakes all sometime in their lives i think we should forgive him and move on he should grow up in time.

for me, it is lalla salma the king's wife of morocco
she don't make anything during three years, and now she create a foundation against the cancer "foundation lalla salma", when they are an association with the same objectives and that exist since 1968, and that make its best
she could help this association, but no, she wants to have her own association that has her name, only, to appear as a lady who makes a thing against the cancer:mad:

Last edited:
He shows no respect whatsoever of other races. And he calls himself a prince...truly dissapointiong

Oh come on. He wore it for a joke and although the people at the party found it funny, the outside world didn't. Can we move on and forget it?

move on and forgive, do not think forgetting is necessary nor likely

BeatrixFan said:
Oh come on. He wore it for a joke and although the people at the party found it funny, the outside world didn't. Can we move on and forget it?

BeatrixFAn, its not as simple as that. Try telling that to the people who that nazi sign effected. Its not that easy to just "move on", In some countries, displaying that sign is a legal offence and people get fined for it. Lets have some respect for the people who were terrified of that sign.

I can't see the huge fuss over the thing. People go to pieces when they see a swastika - I wonder if the majority actually understand the basic connotation the swastika has. As far as I saw, the costume was only an arm band and some beige trousers. It wasn't a copy of the Fuhrer's military garb was it?

Try telling that to the people who that nazi sign effected

This is what I mean. People seem to be terrified by the swastika - it wasn't the swastika that caused the harm. That was nothing but a logo. It was the Nazi regime that cause the harm.

BeatrixFan said:
This is what I mean. People seem to be terrified by the swastika - it wasn't the swastika that caused the harm. That was nothing but a logo. It was the Nazi regime that cause the harm.

It was what the sign symbolised and represented that was the problem, a sign of the past (harmful or not) that people dont want to go back into because it was a bad time in history

Well, I don't agree with that but its probably best to leave it here.

sommone said:
Ok, I don't visit the Spanish Forum very much...However, JC has illegitimate children:confused: :eek:?

I'm curious too, how many does he have?;)

Most disappointing

You shouldn't generalize! I dont know every Royal person so well that I could write in in censorious terms in general. But I know that I, myself, often find factual explanations why Royals behave in a certain way when I look around me in the society of today. And we, ourselves, want to see Royals in gala and glamour, but we also want's to see them in a popular culture being "one of us". If there are to little "gala" we complain about it, and if Royals are doing the same misstakes we do - we dislike that.

For me this thread is the most disapointing in TRF. It's a subject with the hidden meaning for harsh criticism. We will never be happy if we don't have our own way shouldering responsibility. A persons self-esteem don't grove on threds like this. But it tells us a little more about ourselves and our own failures.

Zonk1189 said:
I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion BUT I believe you are all putting a little too much pressure on Prince Harry. Yes, he messed up with the Nazi uniform, the partying, etc. But COME ON...he is 18 years old! Yes, more is expected of him because of his position..but I think that comes with time..its not like a clock goes off at 18 and you are suddenly mature, respectful and all knowing about everything the exact day/minute you turn 18. In regards to his Nazi uniform..he has admitted that this was a mistake and has apologized. If anything..I think that episode is a prime example of a lot of youth in this world..they are so removed from a lot of events that happened in the last 50 years (World II, the Vietnam War, Holocaust, the Civil Rights Movement)..they read about it but they never experienced these events . Yes, a lot of us have not experienced it as well but we are only one or two generation away and we know/have family members who witnessed these events. I also, think you are being harsh on Charlotte (she is what 16-17!) and Prince William (who just graduated from college...give him a year at least).

Now Prince Albert..I can see. The man is way too old to be acting foolish. If you are going to fool around..use protection for goodness sake!

Actually, Harry turned 21 this year and Charlotte was 20 in august, but I see your point.

Ava Elizabeth said:
Actually, Harry turned 21 this year and Charlotte was 20 in august, but I see your point.

Thanks for the correction. Everyone is getting older but I like to think time stand still (at least for me!).

Marengo said:
Ah, so he wore the uniform to honour Rommel and to make a statement against Hitler? How logical...

I completely agree with you Lil Princess!

No the party had a colonial theme and the African war was a colonial war. OK it wasn't the brightest idea for a costume but Harry probably didn't intend to go as a Nazi. He probably could have just gotten rid of the armband.

I was shocked when I heard the reports because it did seem quite insensitive so I researched it a bit further and found out what was going on. I still think its dumb but the action doesn't look as insensitive as it first appeared.

suturegeisha said:
You're not breaking anything to me. :p But it seems to fail quite a bit for royalty, eh.

Ok you sounds like every royal in europe are born out of wedlock. please say who these persons are if there is so many among the royals.
I know of Louis of Luxembourg, Albert of Monaco and a belgian king have illegitimate children and so what??
It is also going on in the ordinary public too so why not in the royal cirkels

BeatrixFan said:

This forum is about who we think the most dissapointing royal of this year is, I gave my opinion and backed it up.

that is right lil princess lost, and a very valid opinion at that :)

All I have to say is that I'm really shocked. If someone here in Germany would wear a Nazi uniform or just that sign, he would end up in court or in prison. I absolutly can't believe that someone found that was funny. It was soo disrespectful and absolutly not acceptable. Germany and the victims from World War II still have to deal with this past and it seems to me that even my generation (I'm 22) has to suffer from that time. It's absolutly not right or fun.

I didn't say it was right nor did I say it was fun. I saw the intended joke. Personally, I find the banning of an ideology, a symbol and a uniform to be a tad opressive but I'm not German and thats not what we're discussing here. I don't see Harry's act as a vast offense and lets be honest, he didn't have a good reputation to begin with so was it that dissapointing?

He really dissapoints me. He is some kind of a role model to many young people and so it is irresponsible to wear that kind of uniform. This is a very "senstive" issue in Germany.

Actually I just wanted to say what I feel about this.

He is some kind of a role model to many young people and so it is irresponsible to wear that kind of uniform.

A role-model? After his past antics, I don't think he's held in high esteem - his brother may be but not Harry. Of Course, that has something to do with the fact that William is a crashing bore and Harry has a bit of pep but I don't think Grannies up and down Great Britain want their grandchildren following Harry's example even before the Nazi Uniform.

I must say Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim of Denmark really disapointed me. I know they handled the divorce beautifully publically but the fact that they divorced period is very sad especially for thier children.Prince Albert of Monaco, profesionally he seems to be a sincere in his campaign's but IMO he seems to lack a certain strength or maybe its a hardness that is needed to rule. His scandal completely turned me off, although he never denied being the father of his son it seems to have only been because there was evidence of a positive paternity test. Now how silly would he look had he denied his son and the paternity test surfaced in the media somewhere. He did not deny his son to save his own skin IMO.Prince Harry, Hello??? A Nazi uniform????? Come on!! And William, a future King standing by while his brother picked out the costume and not even saying anything? This makes me question everything about the Windsors. Don't they learn any history? Prince Harry did disapoint me but it is William who really disapointed me in this instance. It is Williams future judgements that will be taken into serious consideration by England and if he can't even spot a bad choice in a Nazi costume then how will he be able to advise the government??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom