Letizia's Weight

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, getting a reply that is 3 quarters of a page long is more a way to shut someone up than to discuss. I'm amazed to see how hard we get slapped if we commit the crime of mentioning that Letizia is slim, too slim, skinny and oh horror if we worry about anorexia.
In my book, debating implies acknowledging the other's position even if we do not share it.
So for peace's sake, Letizia is actually chubby. Or is it Leonor?

I think this is a scary standard being set around a lot of female celebrities. I know that Letizia is a crown Princess but look at Victoria Beckham and Nicole Richie.

There are still people who say they are not too thin.

I just hope Letizia is not feeling pressure to be this thin. I always thought she was so beautiful just as she is. But it could also be a psycological thing after losing baby weight. I went through this after both my kids were born. It never seemed I could get back to where I was before my pregnancies and with my first daughter I overworked myself and lost more weight.

After my second, it was easier. I wasn't trying so hard and it just happened over time.

I think everyone needs to step back for a second and relax.

There is no question that Letizia is a little thin. I think everyone has made valid points on why she could have lost more weight since her marriage...but unless we personally spend time with her, none of us really know. Now everyone can have a different opinion and reason on her thinness..but the purpose of this thread was to the let the topic be discussed without taking over other threads...like Felipe & Letizia's current events, etc. Not to bite each other's heads off.

In regards to Alexandria's comment (and I apologize for speaking on her behalf)...but I don't think the intent was not to shut someone up. Rather..someone made some pointed comments and she asked additional questions and/or proof. Are we all not allowed to do that? That's not shutting someone up..rather its saying...you made a statement...please provide me with additional information to back up your statement.

If Letizia does suffer from an eating disorder, I am sure the Spanish Royal Family will take the necessary steps to help. If they are denying it, perhaps because while they have a public life....in some aspects of their life they are entitled to privacy.

The thing I don't like about this is that people keep saying that Letizia is the ideal "beauty", you know like she has the body everybody wants and I don't think that's a good example for young women; Letizia is beautiful but at her own thin way that only works on her, I wouldn't like to see young women starve themselves to death just to be like her, so I think journalists should stop writing about how beautiful she is 'cuz she's thin, they should talk about her face or her bone structure not about her weight as a role model...:flowers:

To Zonk: I appreciate your post. Please note that my use of «3 quarter of a page ... to shut someone up» was not intented specifically to Alexandria whom I like reading by the way.

I just tried to express the fact that a very long reply (and there were a few in this thread) wether or not in a point by point and counter-point form can be intimidating, just like writing in capital letters is.

Now back to the subject: I hope that Letizia gave her beauty genes to Leonor and not her thinness one. Ideally, Eleonor would have Letizia beautiful features and be tall and strong as her father Felipe. If it's the other way around then I prefer not to think about it.

crisiñaki said:
so I think journalists should stop writing about how beautiful she is 'cuz she's thin, they should talk about her face or her bone structure not about her weight as a role model...:flowers:

She is a beautiful woman, she has a beatiful eyes and I don't see why people should sop writing she is beautiful just because you think that will lead other people to starvation...

Letizia is also a woman being and I can't imagine how she would fell if she started to see on the newspapers (that I am sure would be highly popular in the present thread) that she is uggly and no role model...

Your arguments are completely absurd!

About her face and her bone structure that strong features of her were always enlightened... in caricatures she's pictured with a big chin and a big nose...

And there are much mopre articles about her thinness, starvation to death, throwing through the years etc than there are articles praising her beauty!!!!

Well, GrandDuchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg seems to have a happier and fillufiled life than Letizia and I don't see people feeding themselves to dead (because one dies more frequently of overweight than thinness) to have her life!

Show me an article where it says Letizia is beautiful BECAUSE she is thin (as you ask to stop) and I'll be the first one to call the editor...

These arguments from a person who think Infanta Cristina is beautiful because is the less Borbon of her family, sounds weird... I'm almost imagining Maria Zurita or Simoneta filling for plastic surgery :sad:

Princess Bellyflop...so noted. Nothing personal was meant by my message..I think this is such a touchy subject from the get go and it raises all sorts of emotions.

And MTBCM...you did raise some valid points. To my knowledge...not one person has said anything negative about Maria Theresa weight. I would also agree that Letizia is not beautiful because she is thin...but I would also agree that the various forms of the media..usually do put forth an image that only thin woman could be happy and loved. If you happened to pick up any fashion magazine in the world...you would see just thin woman. If you didn't know better you would think that the average size of an American woman is like a 2 or something..but in reality its closer to a 12. But that's another topic for another thread.

Zonk1189 said:
but I would also agree that the various forms of the media..usually do put forth an image that only thin woman could be happy and loved. If you happened to pick up any fashion magazine in the world...you would see just thin woman. If you didn't know better you would think that the average size of an American woman is like a 2 or something..but in reality its closer to a 12. But that's another topic for another thread.

Zonk I love you but I have to disagree with you on that.

Do you know why our children are overwheghted, because children who eat cookies, drink soda and so on are happier, happy kids eat big sandwiches not plain milk with bread and butter, they take chocolats to school not fruit...

Also, and I have to agree that this present generation are trying to get away from that stereotype, round shaped women were more appalling for man during generations. In Portuguese there is a saying "Gordura é Formosura" something like "Fat but Sexy" (I honestly can't remember best translation now), who led to several generations of fat women. When someone was thin it was labelled a bitter person and unhappy.

But back to the point;) , I was trying to say that - no one will starve to dead because Letizia is seen as role model, food related deseases are much more complicated than that; so I don't agree when I read "stop saying a Princess is Beautiful or all girls will grow up wanting to be Princesses!" because there are things that are part of us as individuals, starting by our minds and what's enclosed there.

My point is Letizia is a woman being, if she's beautiful or not - her husband certainly think so :cool: - that's not important - it would hurt me severely to see magazine bad treating her (or anyone) calling her uggly, or whatever so the girl next door stop dieting, that she must probably started before Letizia thiness!

Here goes my once again 3/4 of page post... I speak too much... ;)

Regards,
mtbcm :)

T: the journalist don't write about her thinness in a direct way but it is implied everytime they praise her! I said it before: I think Letizia is beautiful (she was picked to be a painter's model for God's sake, her eyes are pretty and she has a great smile) but the journalists should say that it works ON HER because of her bone structure, they should be a little more responsible talking about that (and that applies to all models, actresses, Crown Princesses, Princesses, etc not only about Letizia).

I think Infanta Cristina is beautiful as well in her own tall-broad way, I've said that she's the least Borbonish women of the family, I just said that Cristina is the more Greek of the family and that she looks a lot like her mother, who happens to be a beautiful woman as well, I've never implied about surgeries of any kind:flowers:

crisiñaki said:
the journalists should say that it works ON HER because of her bone structure, they should be a little more responsible talking about that
So you're claiming that it's irresponsable to say that Princess Letizia is a beautiful woman, but it's not irresponsable to seasonally speculate on her health condition, calling her "scaringly all bones and teeth" and coming up with unbacked articles that don't have the smallest ethic hesitation on literally call her "anoretic"... when it's not true?

...With all due respect, but your notion of responsability is a bit doubtful...

crisiñaki said:
I think Letizia is beautiful (she was picked to be a painter's model for God's sake,

I love Botero paintings. But I won't put more pounds to look like one of his models:sad: ...

People don't see royals so much as role models the way royal fans imagine. I know lots of people in the world that not even know that Letizia exists and are dying of anorexia, having bullimia and so on.

Once the Sun asked if there was someone in the Universe that didn't know who David Beckam was; I, just for fun, asked my boss if he knew, since he's no sports fan and he didn't know :ohmy:. If you ask my husband what he thinks of Don Jaime (I like him as you've realised) he would :ohmy: WHO????

So to implie that the media saying Letizia is beautiful make people want to be her at any price is to have little faith on human kind!

Also the media point out several other princesses that aren't so thin like Letizia, married a Prince, live in a Castle and so on... Will parents start to say their kids, get married, get divorced, live with your boyfriend that you'll manage to get a Prince. No way, we will continue educating our small daughters to be Sleeping Beauty and our sons to be a mix of Richard Gere/George Clooney and Prince Felipe of Spain alltogether. And no Letizia, Mary, Mette-Marit or Mathilde related articles will change that.

By the way, she looks thin in that painting, but when the argument about it was the hit of the moment no one seemed to care, the problem was to know if she had posed naked, until the artist come and said no... we have to be very careful picking our artistic friends:lol:... that man destroyed many men dreams...

And the journalists don't write about her thinness in a direct way... oh, my dear fellow mate, what has been feeding this thread???????... articles saying she looked great?!?! and several articles are still missing as you said in the end of your last translation :sad:

The journalists if they haven't got better topic (pregnancy or smth like that) always will write about anything and making up new stories. No matter if these storie are true or false.

Btw. they always write/making up about royal pregnancies, health and marital pronblems.

Elsa M. said:
So you're claiming that it's irresponsable to say that Princess Letizia is a beautiful woman, but it's not irresponsable to seasonally speculate on her health condition, calling her "scaringly all bones and teeth" and coming up with unbacked articles that don't have the smallest ethic hesitation on literally call her "anoretic"... when it's not true?

...With all due respect, but your notion of responsability is a bit doubtful...

If you are referring to the articles I posted/translated I put them here but it doesn't mean I agree 100% with them (remember I was making fun of Expressen a couple of posts ago?:lol: ) I merely put them because they are meant to be in this topic and it's better to be posted here than taking space in other threads, I think it's irresponsible to talk that way about anybody even if thinness is always cause for speculation...

The point is that in this society you cannot win: either too skinny, or too fat and what I was trying to say is that journalists should be very careful about what they write or show in TV or radio about this sensitive subjects, maybe I didn't make myself clear about that...

Letizia is thin, ok, thinner than a couple of years ago? yes, but no one here is her personal doctor so we don't know what's happening with her, we just went by what those so-called journalists (let's face it, there aren't what we can call "serious journalists" when it comes to Royalty) and they have the responsibility to tell the truth, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't but we cannot claim to tell that she has a disease or that she doesn't have it either, we cannot possibly know by the sources we have so it's better to expect what happens with her...

I think I'm causing innecessary controversy with my opinions so this is my last post in this thread, I hope it can continue as a civilized conversation:flowers:

She may not be anorexic but she's skin and bones. Her skin is falling off her face and I don't see what the problem is with pointing out the obvious.

She started out being my favorite princess-to-be. I just thought she was spectacular; beautiful beyond belief with a great career and tons of confidence. The move to Stepfordize her started immediately after her first press conference with Felipe. All the criticism heaped upon her for (not actually) interrupting Felipe was the beginning of taking away from her the person that she's been all of her life. And what's up with the Spanish court not letting her do public appearances alone? I think it's the saddest thing.

Last edited:
Too thin

Since Leonor was born, Doña Letizia's loss of weight has been in the mouth oeverybody.

The keys

For ten months, the Princess has lost much weight since Leonor was born. Her extreme thinness is not unnoticed during her vacations in Palma de Mallorca. That Doña Letizia is excessively skinny we have seen it all this summer, in the course of the constant appearances of the Royal Family in Majorca. She has always been a thin woman, but since Leonor was born, Letizia has lost much weight, she is skeletal, and we don't know why. Her extreme thinness, in addition to calling the attention here, has been treated by the European press in August. The Swedish newspaper Expressen published a news article the title "The sickly thinness of Letizia", in which it was said that "even her arms are smaller than those of her daughter". The German Bild said that "she is all bones, her pretty face is sunk and full of rinks". In last March, Paris Match published that Letizia had the disease "of the princesses" (anorexy), but the Royal House denied that Letizia was ill. The Princess measures 1.68 meters and can weigh about 45 kilos

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/148940/0/Demasiado/delgada/Mallorca/

it is what I had said the press Spanish starts and you will see that the rumour of the year last will start again
poor letizia

Last edited by a moderator:
infanteleonor said:
http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/148940/0/Demasiado/delgada/Mallorca/

it is what I had said the press Spanish starts and you will see that the rumour of the year last will start again
poor letizia

20 minutes, it is a free newspaper, is not a serious press precisely .... this is a vein to speak and it will continue being ... the curious thing is that the speech is the same that in January, 2005, and Letizia's image the same one .... in that occasion the pregnancy closed to all the mouth ... now it will be necessary to hope that they get tired. When it begins one, they start all following him as sheeps, and often to committing the same mistakes.
Besides, this type of press is a coward, because to defend they say that only they copy the foreign news ... mom that I have not been ¡:bang:

There, Victoria Beckham and her thinness is, yesterday she confirmed her fourth pregnan... and the press take months saying barbarities on her.

The truth sometimes is obstinate...

lula said:
There, Victoria Beckham and her thinness is, yesterday she confirmed her fourth pregnan... and the press take months saying barbarities on her.

The truth sometimes is obstinate...

you are right surely lula but please does not compare the case of letizia and that of Victoria beckam who has my opinion has truly a probleme(no forcing of the anorxie but another thing)

crisiñaki said:
and what I was trying to say is that journalists should be very careful about what they write or show in TV or radio about this sensitive subjects, maybe I didn't make myself clear about that...

Letizia is thin, ok, thinner than a couple of years ago? yes, but no one here is her personal doctor so we don't know what's happening with her, we just went by what those so-called journalists (let's face it, there aren't what we can call "serious journalists" when it comes to Royalty) and they have the responsibility to tell the truth, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't but we cannot claim to tell that she has a disease or that she doesn't have it either, we cannot possibly know by the sources we have so it's better to expect what happens with her...

I think the responsibility extends to members of this forum and other message boards, too. Letizia or anyone she knows may not actually read this board or any other board which discusses her (or the other princesses), but many young girls and women who do idolize her do read this board and it can be very harmful to read what are in my opinon, flagrant comments of one princess looking too big, another too thin, or the flagrant diagnoses of anorexia or stress-related disorders or the like.

As you've stated, nobody here is her doctor or even her confidante to know what is happening in regards to Letizia's physical or mental wellness. If she is doing okay or if she is struggling are only judgement calls, and in my opinon they are dangerous judgement calls and speculations to make.

How can any of us say that if she is not anorexic, then she must not be handling her new life and new responsibilities well and hence the reason for her weight loss?

crisiñaki said:
I think I'm causing innecessary controversy with my opinions so this is my last post in this thread, I hope it can continue as a civilized conversation:flowers:

I don't think anybody should feel that they should stop posting because of any potential controversy they might cause. This subject in itself is controversial and there are going to be comments that not everyone will want to read or hear, but that's the point of an open discussion. You aren't always going to like what you read, but at least you'll be exposed to other view points, whether you agree with it or not.

Can you please provide us with a list of serious press, since anytime we provide an article is trash press and not reliable and so on... just to know.

BTW. Have you seeing Letizia's pictures with the basket team?, one thing is to bee skinny and another thing is how bad she looks, even yesterday a tv show make jokes of her look, putting picture after picture of her, with no music on the background and saying slowly and with remark implying that since every ones says even w/o a second thought how well she looks oh well... they will say the same, how well she looks meantime in the screen you could see horrendous pictures of an extra skinny Letizia with bad face and worse hair.

I believe many posters in this thread are trying desparately to avoid saying Letizia is sick or that she is anorexic. But there is no denying she is so skinny that with each new picture of her, there is increasing alarm expressed by her fans and people who don't have an opinion of her one way or the other. I don't think the press is just copying each other on this issue. They can look at the pictures for themselves. They are all doing their before and after shots. It's quite clear that she no longer looks like the stunning news woman we saw in 2003, dressed in her white Armani suit with perfect hair and make-up. She no longer looks like the dreamy princess-in-waiting that we saw in December 2003 standing by CP Felipe's side during the anniversary of the Spanish constitution in her black-gray suit.

All those who wonder about her current weight situation do not dislike her. Just the opposite. You can like CP Letizia very much and be concerned about the amount of weight she has lost which seems worse since the birth of her daughter than before her pregnancy.

Laviollette said:
I believe many posters in this thread are trying desparately to avoid saying Letizia is sick or that she is anorexic. But there is no denying she is so skinny that with each new picture of her, there is increasing alarm expressed by her fans and people who don't have an opinion of her one way or the other. I don't think the press is just copying each other on this issue. They can look at the pictures for themselves. They are all doing their before and after shots. It's quite clear that she no longer looks like the stunning news woman we saw in 2003, dressed in her white Armani suit with perfect hair and make-up. She no longer looks like the dreamy princess-in-waiting that we saw in December 2003 standing by CP Felipe's side during the anniversary of the Spanish constitution in her black-gray suit.

All those who wonder about her current weight situation do not dislike her. Just the opposite. You can like CP Letizia very much and be concerned about the amount of weight she has lost which seems worse since the birth of her daughter than before her pregnancy.

My opinion on Letizia is neutral. I don't love her but I don't dislike her and although I don't have a problem with admitting, yes, she is extremely thin, I draw a line at saying she has an eating disorder! Whether we think it or not, it is an extremely sad thing and I personally would prefer to wait until it is confirmed before speculating. :flowers:

Last edited:
Laviollette said:
She may not be anorexic but she's skin and bones. Her skin is falling off her face and I don't see what the problem is with pointing out the obvious.

Well, my cousin who is very thin person but she is not anorexic, after her only child birth she lose about 16 kg - weight after pregnancy about 10 kg + extra next 6 kg.

Last edited:
Laviollette said:
But there is no denying she is so skinny that with each new picture of her, there is increasing alarm expressed by her fans and people who don't have an opinion of her one way or the other.

Each new picture of her is coming about daily now with the royal family back to work plus the weekend wedding of a friend of Felipe's, not to mention the daily pictures we saw of her on the boat and in Palma Mallorca. So are you saying then that with "each new picture" of her — i.e. everyday — she looks different and has lost a lot of weight? Certainly if she is losing weight so dramatically nightly, then that is certainly a cause for alarm! :ohmy:

I do not know what to think but if it a problem letizia is surrounded there by its family and the prince it is for that which I have of the evil to believe that it have a real problem bus felipe there will not leave its wife thus
remember that letizia was also thin little at the time of the voyage to Brazil before the advertisement of its pregnancy during its passage has cnn one sees it also thin in the content nobody does not know if there is something or not and the speculation is not used for nothing but if there is a real problem and that house royal A this attitude then that is really serious and the house royal is really twists some

...sOfIa.... said:
My opinion on Letizia is neutral. I don't love her but I don't dislike her and although I don't have a problem with admitting, yes, she is extremely thin, I draw a line at saying she has an eating disorder! Whether we think it or not, it is an extremely sad thing and I personally would prefer to wait until it is confirmed before speculating. :flowers:

Good point.

RaniaRocks said:
Can you please provide us with a list of serious press, since anytime we provide an article is trash press and not reliable and so on... just to know.
I guess why some people say it's not reliable and so on because these press are saying that she actually has an eating disorder. First of all people should know that anorexia nervosa (its full name) is a mental illness. Allow me to self-disclose, I studied mental health nursing and I did part of my clinical rotation in a psychiatric center (yup, with anorexic patients too). All anorexics are skinny, but not all skinny are anorexics. Does that mean that the starving and malnourished people in parts of Africa are also anorexic? The press are giving her a diagnosis just by looking at pictures, TV images etc. without even knowing her eating habits, lifestyle, or daily routine. Believe me you do a lot of evaluations and diagnostic tests before you diagnose someone with anorexia or bulimia.

I have to agree with Sofia ( I believe it was her) that I too think that Letizia is extremely thin which is very obvious, but I also draw the line at saying that she has an eating disorder because I don't follow her life behind the photos I see of her.

...sOfIa.... said:
I personally would prefer to wait until it is confirmed before speculating.

The day it is confirmed our opinions would leave the plan of speculation to pass to the joy of some and sadness of others.

I sure hope we never reach that point because it would mean that the Princess, who I like so much, isn't sick but just in some phase that makes her thinner...

Unfortunatly, I know how things are and that shadow will always be over her, as it will be over Leonor the speculations about her problems at birth, the rumours that the Queen doesn't like her, the fact that Infanta Crisitina doesn't get along with her... sometimes I ask myself, is it worth to go through all this... but then I look to Princess' pictures besides her husband and her lovely daughter and I think "Oh Yes, it Pays!":wub:

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Alexandria said:
Each new picture of her is coming about daily now with the royal family back to work plus the weekend wedding of a friend of Felipe's, not to mention the daily pictures we saw of her on the boat and in Palma Mallorca. So are you saying then that with "each new picture" of her — i.e. everyday — she looks different and has lost a lot of weight? Certainly if she is losing weight so dramatically nightly, then that is certainly a cause for alarm! :ohmy:
I don't really find her situation amusing. But she can be as thin as she wants. I no longer save pictures of her to share with TRF anymore. It's painful to look at how skinny she is now. The magazines and newspapers are on to something just like they were on to something with The Princess of Wales and Victoria of Sweden. Where there's smoke there's fire, imo.

Hi Planetcher, I also agree with you and I have ever dare to say she have bulimia or anorexia, in fact I think she has only a nervious problem wich she needs to attend, period, but I also tend to agree with those who said that were there's smoke there's fire, but at the same time I believe that certain press is tired and sick of the other part of the press avoiding the fact that this woman doesn't look well and keep saying "how beautifull and stuning she looks" wich is not a favor but a irresponsibility.

I was kind of shocked when I saw the pictures of her at the Luxemburg's 25th. Her arms were really thin (I'll try to find the picture and post it) and that's the 1st time I noticed her weight loss. I still think that she is just really busy and some people lose wight when they lead lives that are more stressful than they are used too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom