King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
El rey Carlos Gustavo de Suecia renueva su equipo de esquí | Noticias hola.com

Looks like Queen Silvia is letting him go out with a friend, if that expressen article is to be believed..

According to Expressen´s article queen Silvia doesn´t want the king to hang out with his old friends Anders Lettström, Noppe Lewenhaupt, Christer Gustafsson and Aje Philipson.
The man with the king in Italy is his friend Anders Åhlberg, a swedish businessman, who is living in Madrid.
Kungen åt kakor och tittade in i fabrik under sitt Italienbesök | Svensk Damtidning

Last edited by a moderator:
Why wouldn't she want that?

SLV said:
Why wouldn't she want that?

According to the article she blames them for the alleged events described in 'The Reluctant Monarch'. Not sure how much truth there is in the article though.

Yesterday afternoon the queen attend the conference "Challenges in nursing - in a global perspective" in Gothenburg.

Thanks for all the updates, ursulajohanna! :flowers:

Yesterday, March 15, King Carl Gustaf attended the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) Earth Hour
Capital Award 2011 and handed out prizes to the mayors of Malmö, Sodertalje and Botkyrka.

The three cities won in competition with about 30 other cities in the country. Malmö is
considered as the city with the most ambitious and strategic plan for sustainable urban
development. Botkyrka and Södertälje were rewarded with special prizes for their work
on consumption patterns and lifestyles.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Königin Silvia: Sie kuriert in Deutschland ihre Grippe aus - Boulevard - Nachrichten - op-online.de

Silvia von Schweden: Wie schlimm steht es um sie? - BUNTE

King Carl Gustaf came home alone from Botswana on Saturday afternoon. Queen Silvia is still at undisclosed locations in Germany and is resting, according to Bertil Ternert from the court. He says that the queen will return to Sweden on Sunday. He didn´t comment the queen´s health on Saturday, said just that he has no information, but it is usually supposed to be good when you hear nothing. He didn´t comment on whether the queen will attend the official meeting with Brazil's ambassador on Monday.We will provide information on the website, said Ternert.
Silvia hålls på hemlig ort - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate

Last edited:
Queen Silvia arrived home to Drottningholm Castle on Sunday evening.
Silvia tillbaka på Drottningholm - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen

Queen Silvia cancelled her participation at the Farewell audience with Brazil's ambassador today, king Carl Gustaf attended alone.
Bertil Ternert from the court said that the Queen is home and on the mend but she needed still one day to recover.
Drottning Silvia ställer in även dagens uppdrag | Svensk Damtidning
The King at the farewell audience with Brazil´s ambassador Antonino Lisboa Mena Goncalves:
Kungen höll avskedsaudiens för Brasiliens ambassadör - Sveriges Kungahus

King Carl Gustaf attended a meeting of the ICC, the International Chamber of
Commerce, in Stockholm, on March 29, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

What's all this about Queen Silvia being chased by a photographer from Aftonbladet in New York?

I understand she fell in an attempt to avoid a persistent photographer and injured her foot and hand.

I've been skimming some of the Swedish papers and the editor in chief of Aftonbladet express his regret.
The court is apparantly labelling this as harrassment. (Ufredande = harrassment?) That could point to a legal action of some sort.

Can Swedish members please elaborate?

:previous:

A statement was released by the Court earlier regarding the incident (why a play-by-play was necessary from a PR standpoint is beyond me), and Queen Silvia did appear at the Health & Human Rights Awards with her wrist wrapped in a bandage and her foot in a brace with a crutch.

A statement was released by the Court earlier regarding the incident (why a play-by-play was necessary from a PR standpoint is beyond me), and Queen Silvia did appear at the Health & Human Rights Awards with her wrist wrapped in a bandage and her foot in a brace with a crutch.

Thanks, JessRulz :flowers:

The story from Expressen is pretty dramatic: Hovet: Fotografen förföljde henne - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje

But what do you mean by "play-by-play"? I haven't heard that expression before.

A 'play-by-play' is when you described something exactly as it happened - for example: I woke up this morning, then got out of bed, got changed in XYZ, went and brushed my teeth...

This is a classic example of irresponsible behaviour by certain sections of the fourth estate!

Wow the paparazzo should be ashamed of themselves!

The truth

This time "Billed Bladet" was not informed correctly.

In conjunction with the Queen's visit to the U.S. media has been intrusive in order to get pictures and interviews with the Queen and Princess Madeleine. During a visit to a store on Monday afternoon April 4, the Queen and Princess Madeleine tried to avoid a photographer from Swedish media (Aftonbladet). The photographer did not take notice of their request not to be photographed and remained at the front door of the store. The Queen chose to go out through a side door and walked quickly toward a parked car in order to keep away from the photographer who ran after her. The Queen then fell and injured her foot and wrist. The Queen's schedule remains and she will receive the Health and Human Rights Award tonight in New York as originally planned.

The chief editor from Aftonbladet apologized publicly on the radio (SR P4) this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom