King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 31: Feb. 26, 2009 - Oct. 18, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's Princess Raiyah, his sister.

IMRIC this is the 3rd visit King Abdullah has made to Japan. There was a state visit with Queen Rania and then I think there was an official visit as well, again with Raiyah in attendance.

I do like the way the JRF seems to select accompanying family members based on their knowledge and expertise.

Does the school that the King and Queen's children attend in Amman have Easter holidays?

What school do they go to? I would assume that if it was an American or British school system then yes they would get a holiday that is also for all schools in the Gulf except Saudi. I would also assume they do since there are Jordanian Christians.

have rania's pictures in south africa (published by hola) been posted in th forum? i was wondering where to find them.

A friend of Queen Rania's had visited the factory to buy her a gift and asked Sarah to put a slip of paper inside the handbag explaining that it had been made by prisoners.
At the time, Sarah's handbags were not labelled because the project was in its infancy.

Queen Rania's bag bore the popular Arabic saying "Determination comes from those who are determined" and she carried it at the wedding of the crown prince of Spain.
BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Lebanon 'prison chic' goes global

It is true, Angelina is naturally gorgeous and Giselle has an amazing body and a very refined sort of fine boned beauty but what I like best about her is the enormous amount of charity work she does behind the scenes in Brazil with very little publicity. Halle is a beautiful African American woman who has trailblazed with the first Oscar for a black actress. A worthy top three :flowers:

His father published his (first) memoirs when he was only 26 years old.

Memoirs of His Majesty next May

Amman, April 20 (Petra)-His majesty King Abdullah II will publish his memoirs in May of next year where peace making efforts in the Middle East will figure high in the book. Jordan News Agency - Petra - Memoirs of His Majesty next May

Penguin Group (USA) will release a memoir in 2010 by Jordan's King Abdullah II. The book is called "The Last Best Chance: An Intimate Account of the Pursuit of Peace in a Time of Peril." In a statement Monday, Penguin called the book a "personal narrative rich with human drama" by "an active participant in major events."

The Associated Press: Books coming from Prince Charles, Jordanian king

Video

Thanks Asturiana por this video Her Majesty Queen Rania looks very pretty, what she talks about is very interesting and she seems to be an actress facing the camera

i saw this video before but thanks for re-post it Asturiana,i have to say QRania handel it well infront of a camera,it's not easy if you are not use to:)

His father published his (first) memoirs when he was only 26 years old.

Yes but to be fair, Hussein had been King for 8 years by then, survived assassination attempts, seen his grandfather murdered in front of him, the 1948 arab israeli war, had to deal with his father's mental health problems, been married twice, seen the British mandate of Jordan end, the Suez crisis and was living through extremely turbulent times. Abdullah has had nothing like the problems his father had. His father's steel was forged in the hottest fire which is why he was a great king. Abdullah is not the man his father was and his personal life and reign haven't seen the immense challenges in 10 years that his father had in his first decade.

26 was nevertheless a bit young for publishing "memoirs" (and at this stage King Hussein had still to mature a lot to become the great king he was at the end). Concerning his son's upcoming book, it's to early to review it (before knowing more about its contents).

26 was nevertheless a bit young for publishing "memoirs" (and at this stage King Hussein had still to mature a lot to become the great king he was at the end). Concerning his son's upcoming book, it's to early to review it (before knowing more about its contents).

I was just pointing out that by age 26 and within 8 years of his reign, King Hussein had already had a lifetime's worth of experience crammed into a very short space of time. In fact in the first 10 years of his reign, he had more to deal with in those years than alot of leaders have in a lifetime.

Thanks for the photos. I like the fact that the new tourism project is intended to be eco-friendly. It's good to see Jordan pursuing projects with such a positive message.

article that goes with the above pictures

Construction work begins on major resort

It is considered the first investment tourism project in the north of the Kingdom.
King Abdullah and Her Majesty Queen Rania, who was also present at the ceremony, watched a documentary on the phases of the project, which is expected to promote tourism in the Kingdom.... - Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom