King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 30: December 16, 2008 -February 25, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm disappointed too.
But you never know why they can't attend, at least not right away.
The last time Queen Rania skipped the Davos meeting was several years ago (2004 I think?) and we later found out that she had fractured her foot while excercising.
And then there was the 2005 session which she couldn't attend because she was pregnant with Prince Hashem.

Yeah I'm disappointed too.
But you never know why they can't attend, at least not right away.
The last time Queen Rania skipped the Davos meeting was several years ago (2004 I think?) and we later found out that she had fractured her foot while excercising.
And then there was the 2005 session which she couldn't attend because she was pregnant with Prince Hashem.

Swiss newspapers are reporting that Queen Rania changed her plans at short notice and cancelled her visit to Davos.

http://www.suedostschweiz.ch/medien/sogr/index_detail.cfm?id=557762

Considering how active Queen Rania is with the WEF I'm assuming her decision not to participate is down to the current Gaza crisis. It's a shame she's not there as she often participates in some of the more interesting sessions.

Swiss newspapers are reporting that Queen Rania changed her plans at short notice and cancelled her visit to Davos.

suedostschweiz.ch / Medien / Zeitungen / SO Graubünden / Region
Translation:
Davos. - It is Wednesday, the World Economic Forum (WEF) begins and the first message of the day is bad: Queen Rania of Jordan has canceled their visit short.

Last edited by a moderator:
"The Taj commands instant recognition, but “few are aware of the tragedy that inspired its creation,” writes Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan. Empress Mumtaz Mahal died in child birth four centuries ago. “A woman still dies from causes related to pregnancy or childbirth every minute of every day today.”"
Cascading idiocy - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos

is it the kids' half term or something? they went skiing around this time last year, straight after the WEF in Davos. Hope they are not planning to come to London as it is snowing heavily and the town is at a standstill

None of us knows if Gaza is anything to do with her non attendance so perhaps we should all stop speculating and reading things into actions when no clear meaning of intent has been given.

is it the kids' half term or something? they went skiing around this time last year, straight after the WEF in Davos. Hope they are not planning to come to London as it is snowing heavily and the town is at a standstill
I'd be surprised if they came to London as it's been an absolute nigtmare the past 2 days. Hope you weren't too badly affected by the snow, chelsea?

yamamah said:
None of us knows if Gaza is anything to do with her non attendance so perhaps we should all stop speculating and reading things into actions when no clear meaning of intent has been given.
People speculate all the time where Queen Rania is concerned, yourself included, so I fail to see what the problem is.

Moreover there has been no Moderator request to stop...from what I can see.

I'd be surprised if they came to London as it's been an absolute nigtmare the past 2 days. Hope you weren't too badly affected by the snow, chelsea?

People speculate all the time where Queen Rania is concerned, yourself included, so I fail to see what the problem is.

Moreover there has been no Moderator request to stop...from what I can see.

from what you can see and what is visible on the board.

I know its tempting but this thread's meant only for the King and Queen's current events and official engagements.

We're not here to speculate about what they do in their private time.

Members are free to use the pm feature if they wish to discuss such matters with each other.

Thanks for understanding guys!

Humera
Jordanian Forum Moderator

:ohmy: Oops, would you perhaps have an English version of that, please...?

the king may have returned home but Rania is now in London

the king may have returned home but Rania is now in London
I don't think that because there is a cermony tomorrw in Sport City and king will visit Hussein Medical City;) i think qnoor will be in jordan tomorrow and haya,all of them.

I wish King Abdullah and Queen Rania a long reign with more innovations to come :flowers:

According to this article Queen Rania did attend the WEF:

"I attended an evening on the world's most powerful women; among the 100 names circulating, I found three Arab names: Queen Rania, Maha Al Ghoneim, and Zaha Hadid. Attendance does not mean approval, as every married man will say that his wife is the most powerful woman in the world."
Dar Al Hayat

Little Star, my understanding of this article is that there must have been a symposium about the worlds most powerful women and three Arab women were being discussed but weren't present. The writer mentions the Bahraini Culture Minister and others specifically in the context of see ing them but Rania's name is all that is mentioned not her presence.

'I attended an evening on the world's most powerful women; among the 100 names circulating, I found three Arab names: Queen Rania, Maha Al Ghoneim, and Zaha Hadid. Attendance does not mean approval, as every married man will say that his wife is the most powerful woman in the world.'

This means people were talking about these women. I don't think she was at WEF. We would have seen pictures from somewhere, if not in the Western Press then we would have heard in the Arabic Press.

The public debates are not the only aspect of the WEF. There are literally dozens of private sessions every day and events that aren't covered by the media. The author appears to be suggesting she was there so I'll take his word for it.

Well, we'll disagree because I think if the author had seen her in person he would have said so. He just says the names were 'circulating' - i.e. people talking about 3 arab names even though they weren't there.

i get the same impression of yamamah from the article,the writer just mention arab ladies among the worlds most powerful women list he is not saying they attend,i don't think she attend for simple reason that it's hard to don't find photos of her there just a single photo as we know who is QRania and how she attract media:)
by the way thanks Little_star for the article it's very intersting and informative.

I agree Mademoiselle Lilo, it is an interesting article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom