It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I have watched the photos for two days, I think I have never seen photos of royals, which are so dignified, but yet so full of tenderness, warmth and pure love. Estelle is the best gift to her parents. Victoria is so beautiful in this romantic blouse and her hairdo is wonderful. Daniel is just as handsome as ever, and so proud of their little family. Just the right style for the first family pictures of a future Queen. Not too glamorous but elegant. We will see many pictures of Estelle in "normal everyday life", that is why I am so glad that these first pictures were a little stately and full of romance in an old-fashioned way.
Finally, Victoria has had the baby she has wanted for so long. Look at the love on her and Daniel's face, look at little Estelle when she looks at her parents, so touching.

Now that I have watched the photos for two days, I think I have never seen photos of royals, which are so dignified, but yet so full of tenderness, warmth and pure love. Estelle is the best gift to her parents. Victoria is so beautiful in this romantic blouse and her hairdo is wonderful. Daniel is just as handsome as ever, and so proud of their little family. Just the right style for the first family pictures of a future Queen. Not too glamorous but elegant. We will see many pictures of Estelle in "normal everyday life", that is why I am so glad that these first pictures were a little stately and full of romance in an old-fashioned way.
Finally, Victoria has had the baby she has wanted for so long. Look at the love on her and Daniel's face, look at little Estelle when she looks at her parents, so touching.

Exactly, word to word, what I was thinking; thanks for putting it so eloquently! :flowers:
Little Estelle has certainly brought so much joy to her parents' life.

Wonderful pictures. Victoria looks beautiful. It looks like they are quite happy. Very sweet. :)

Wonderful pictures, Victoria looks beautiful and Estelle looks so much like her mother :wub:
The only thing that bothers me is that in the "family" picture Victoria and Daniel stand behind each other and it looks like Daniel has to make an effort to reach his daughter. Don't know if I'm making myself clear, but I would have wished for a picture where both parents are really close to the little one :flowers:

You say it very well, Lady Finn. Beautiful pictures. Victoria looks transformed.

Daniel seems like such a calming father to me, especially in these pictures...

Wonderful pictures, Victoria looks beautiful and Estelle looks so much like her mother :wub:
The only thing that bothers me is that in the "family" picture Victoria and Daniel stand behind each other and it looks like Daniel has to make an effort to reach his daughter. Don't know if I'm making myself clear, but I would have wished for a picture where both parents are really close to the little one :flowers:

I didn´t get that feeling at all. To me the photo looks like Daniel is watching and touching his little daughter and wants to protect her and Victoria from everything. To me the photo is perfect like this.

Prinsessan said:

I understand what you mean, but I agree with Ladyfinn. Daniel's position in the picture is that of a protector. That's his family and he'll cover them.

LadyFinn said:

Well said. I just refer you to LadyFinn well written statement am I completely agree.

You know what I thought of earlier today?

I can't *wait* for the first time we get to see little Estelle in the National Costume like the Swedish Royal Ladies all wear for the National Day. I'm sorry I don't know the actual name for the outfit or the day, so please forgive my ignorance there.

Can't you all just picture it though? As I said, I can't *wait* for that day in the future. :eek:D

Great new pictures for Victoria and her baby. The both look amazing. I loved the pictures :D

You know what I thought of earlier today?

I can't *wait* for the first time we get to see little Estelle in the National Costume like the Swedish Royal Ladies all wear for the National Day. I'm sorry I don't know the actual name for the outfit or the day, so please forgive my ignorance there.

Can't you all just picture it though? As I said, I can't *wait* for that day in the future. :eek:D

Here is a bit about them.

The history of FOLKDRÄKT, English.

And some photos of the royals in them

much younger
Swedish costumes

queen and her two daughters
http://yokheved.blog.com/2011/06/06/the-swedish-national-day/

Many thanks for the links Countessmeout!!

I have an interest in Costuming, so this will be getting bookmarked for a far more indepth reading next week after the World Figure Skating Championships are over.

We're getting live coverage here in Canada and the Ladies Short Program starts at 6:30 later this morning and it's getting close to 2am now. Eeeps it's going to be *painful* to get up in a few hours time...

I love the swedish national costume too, and cant wait to see little sweet estelle in one!

The pic with CP Victoria and Estelle is one of the most moving pics I have ever seen. The most intimate and most caring picture of a royal.
Simply WOW
BYe Bine

I can't *wait* for the first time we get to see little Estelle in the National Costume like the Swedish Royal Ladies all wear for the National Day.
I do hope that the little duchess will get a more genuine folk dress to wear when she visits her duchy, as I think the Sverigedräkten is quite ugly. Crown princess Victoria have at least two different folk dresses, one from Västergötland: Victoria firade Västergötland utan sin Daniel | Svensk Damtidning and one from Öland: Folkdräkten är en av Victorias klassiker | Nyheter | Aftonbladet and both looks much better than Sverigedräkten.

For the little duchess the most likely dress is Skedevidräkten, which is often said to be Östgötadräkten: http://tinyurl.com/cyodnej but there are a couple of other dresses too in Östergötland: http://tinyurl.com/ckeqc6g

i hope someone helps me answer my question.
we all know that other european royal crown princes couple do photosessions or photoshoots with their children (ex: Maxima and WA [annual photosession in summer]; Mathile and Phillippe [annual summer photosession & annual photoshoot for new year], etc...), i wonder if anyone knows what kind of program Victoria will do with Daniel and Estelle, or with the entire royal family like Mary & Frederik (on summer) and Mette-Marit & Haakon (on christmas). what did the King did in the past with his children? maybe it will be somewhat likely to happen with Victoria.

i hope someone helps me answer my question.
we all know that other european royal crown princes couple do photosessions or photoshoots with their children (ex: Maxima and WA [annual photosession in summer]; Mathile and Phillippe [annual summer photosession & annual photoshoot for new year], etc...), i wonder if anyone knows what kind of program Victoria will do with Daniel and Estelle, or with the entire royal family like Mary & Frederik (on summer) and Mette-Marit & Haakon (on christmas). what did the King did in the past with his children? maybe it will be somewhat likely to happen with Victoria.

We don´t know anything about how much Victoria and Daniel are going to be photographed with Estelle, or will there be a photoshoot with the whole royal family. I think that we can´t compare the situation now to how the king and the queen did with Victoria when she was a baby. The times have changed and Victoria and Daniel will choose their own way with Estelle.

Estelle got "involved" in an april fools joke. At the facebook-site of the German Boulevard TV-magazine "leute heute" was reported, that a nanny discovered during changing diapers that Estelle is not a princess and the baby is a prince. "He" will be called Emil Michel Mio Lillebroe.

At magazine Barometern about the photo of Victoria and Estelle

"A photo can tell us more than thousand royal words"
The photo is beautiful like a Russian icon. Crown Princess Victoria leans down over the child in her arms. Estelle has the aura of security that young children can have when they know their mother's heartbeat and body warmth. Yet nothing distinguishes them.
This glimpse of a mother and child is probably the royal thanks to a public that has allowed the new family at Haga getting the privacy of Prince Daniel pleaded when Estelle was born.
There is something more in this photo. The subject is not only a mother like any other, or princess, who proudly shows off her first-born, Sweden's heir to the throne, she was able to secure the succession for a long time to come. The photographer Kate Gabor has intentionally or unintentionally told something more.
What we see is a subject that has followed us since the Middle Ages. The light coming in from the left gives the same appearance as the radiance around the Madonna and Child. It is probably this that moves me.
A royal woman is, like the Virgin Mary chosen to breed for a higher purpose. In the middle of the mission is the earthly mother's happiness but also sadness that it may not be undivided. The little child is sleeping blissfully unaware that her life is not going to be like everyone else's.
You can rest in this image and become involved in an ever-repeated miracle. A new person has come into life. But it also provokes. By what right can we give this child a task associated with duty and sacrifice without asking the child if its consent?
Before the image of mother and child, the question of the monarchy to a head. Will Estelle get the life she dreams of her behind tightly closed eyelids? What right do we have to use her for other purposes?
En bild som kan säga oss mer än tusen kungsord - Barometern

The photo is beautiful like a Russian icon. Crown Princess Victoria leans down over the child in her arms. Estelle has the aura of security that young children can have when they know their mother's heartbeat and body warmth. Yet nothing distinguishes them.
This glimpse of a mother and child is probably the royal thanks to a public that has allowed the new family at Haga getting the privacy of Prince Daniel pleaded when Estelle was born....http://www.barometern.se/kronika/en-bild-som-kan-saga-oss-mer-an-tusen-kungsord(3209570).gm

This article really made me very sad!

Last edited by a moderator:

This glimpse of a mother and child is probably the royal thanks to a public that has allowed the new family at Haga getting the privacy of Prince Daniel pleaded when Estelle was born....
This little girl is going to have a life of luxury. A life with clothes, food, cars, security, a heritage that only a few can dream of. Please....consent....sacrifice......get real people......this little girl will have everything (and more) that the rest of us can only dream of. Royal children are blessed and know no different.

Last edited by a moderator:
This little girl is going to have a life of luxury. A life with clothes, food, cars, security, a heritage that only a few can dream of. Please....consent....sacrifice......get real people......this little girl will have everything (and more) that the rest of us can only dream of. Royal children are blessed and know no different.

I disagree. They do know different, that is when their parents want a "normal" upbringing and put them among the (maybe elite but) average kids. Today's motto for kids is, you can do or be anything, but that doesnt go for Estelle. Victoria seems a sensible soul to me, its not co-incidence that she developed anorexia under the pressure of her early years, realising that she wasnt that "normal" after all, no matter how much you help as a parent (I am sure Silvia & GC did their best), there are things you can only deal with yourself.

Estelle may have loving parents but regarding the rest I feel rather sorry for her since she will never have personal freedom or freedom of choice or be able to voice an opinion on something essential. When she will have reached the age to take the throne, the pressure on the monarchy will even be stronger, with the possiblity to have spent many, many years "in vain" because the purpose of life has been abolished (goes for any other heir/ess too).

She'll live in luxury (if monarchy still will be strong in Sweden) but will pay big prize for it. Being a royal is not just endless shopping, travels and spending. It's often hard work, constant watching every step, criticism, rumors about private life. Estelle will be a queen someday, representative of her country and people. With good sense of duty like her parents I believe. V&D seems to be down-to-earth and I really hope that they'll do everything to give their girl as normal childhood as they will can but she won't run away from her future role.
We can say about easy living in luxury and enjoying perks in the case of Paris Hilton who has money as I have ice in the fridge and no real responsibility.

This glimpse of a mother and child is probably the royal thanks to a public that has allowed the new family at Haga getting the privacy of Prince Daniel pleaded when Estelle was born.
There is something more in this photo. The subject is not only a mother like any other, or princess, who proudly shows off her first-born, Sweden's heir to the throne, she was able to secure the succession for a long time to come. The photographer Kate Gabor has intentionally or unintentionally told something more.
What we see is a subject that has followed us since the Middle Ages. The light coming in from the left gives the same appearance as the radiance around the Madonna and Child. It is probably this that moves me.
A royal woman is, like the Virgin Mary chosen to breed for a higher purpose. In the middle of the mission is the earthly mother's happiness but also sadness that it may not be undivided. The little child is sleeping blissfully unaware that her life is not going to be like everyone else's.
You can rest in this image and become involved in an ever-repeated miracle. A new person has come into life. But it also provokes. By what right can we give this child a task associated with duty and sacrifice without asking the child if its consent?
Before the image of mother and child, the question of the monarchy to a head. Will Estelle get the life she dreams of her behind tightly closed eyelids? What right do we have to use her for other purposes?
En bild som kan säga oss mer än tusen kungsord - Barometern

Beautiful but sad article; baby Estelle does have difficult future ahead of her, where "duty" will always be the key word.
The first time I saw the wonderful picture of Victoria and Estelle, it did remind me of the numerous portraits of Madonna; the same bliss mixed with sadness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom