Infanta Elena to Marry Jaime de Marichalar: November 26, 1994

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I apologize, I should not have repeated the statement concerning Iñaki's mother (which I first heard from a mention either in the press or on a forum) without researching whether it was true. I would be interested if anybody has access to further information regarding her ancestry.

Wikipedia's list of Belgian noble families includes the surname Liebaert among the baronial families (Julien Auguste Marie Joseph, Baron Liebaert, ennobled in 1930). Does Iñaki's mother descend from that family?

Wikipedia takes its information from "État présent de la noblesse belge, Annuaire 2009" and the year of birth for Julien Liebaert is given as 1848. Iñaki's mother, on the other hand, descends in paternal line from Augustinus Frans Liebaert who was born in 1861, per this website which takes its information from "Descendants of Judocus Bruynooghe, 2007 , Verheecke, José".

The Saint is reportedly St Valentín Faustino de Berriochoa a 19th century Basque/Spanish Dominican missionary and martyr who was beheaded in Hai Duong , Vietnam.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentín_de_Berriochoa

Inaki and Cristina's first born son,Don Juan Valentín Urdangarin was given the middle name Valentín in his honour.

Inaki's grandmother was Ana Berrio Otxoa, and saint Valentin de Berriochoa was her grandfather's first cousin. It was a nice move to have remembered him in their first son's name.

Inaki's grandmother was Ana Berrio Otxoa, and saint Valentin de Berriochoa was her grandfather's first cousin. It was a nice move to have remembered him in their first son's name.

Thanks for filling in the gaps and it was a nice personal family touch.

Back
Top Bottom