Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg Jewels 2: 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tilia C.

Former Moderator
City
O
Country
Germany
222px-Greater_coat_of_arms_of_the_grand-duchy_of_Luxembourg.svg.png

Arms of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Welcome to Grand Duchess Stéphanie Jewels Thread, Part 2

Commencing January 1st, 2023

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

The Belgian scroll tiara seems to be a firm favourite of the Grand Duchess!

It seems a very wearable piece. Not too heavy while impressive enough not to be outshone and with high quality stones. One of the most succesfull post-war tiara designs IMO. A pity that much of it got hidden by the hair of the Grand Duchess.

A pity that much of it got hidden by the hair of the Grand Duchess.

It might have been more helpful if she styled her hair so that the part wasn't offset from the peak of the tiara. It just makes the look odd somehow, which is a pity since it's my favorite.

Last edited:
It might have been more helpful if she styled her hair so that the part wasn't offset from the peak of the tiara. It just makes the look odd somehow, which is a pity since it's my favorite.

The super trendy GD hairstyle wasn't made for tiaras ;)

We have to wait Stephanie to be Grand Duchess to see the Grand Ducal and Belgian jewels worn on the way of Grand Duchesses Charlotte and Josephine Charlotte . The perfect way !

:previous:

I am still disappointed we never got to see the (Belgian) Congo necklace and tiara on the Grand Duchess. I assume it must have been sold quietly. I have always liked it though even the late Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte seldom wore it and I am not sure of GDss Maria Teresa has worn it much apart from on her wedding day. Perhaps Pss Alexandra will surprise us.

It is strange that the Hereditary Grand-Duchess is the single one without the Order of the Golden Lion of the House Nassau.

Last edited:
:previous: That Belgian diamond necklace tiara was the wedding tiara of 4 Luxembourg brides. It's so astonishing that has gone missing in action, as I would have assumed that there must be an emotional attachment to a wedding tiara.

Both the Belgian scroll and the necklace tiara were meant to be sold in that famous cancelled auction. But while the necklace tiara completely disappeared from view, the scroll tiara became the Grand Duchess' most worn tiara. I'm still scratching my head...

They wore the Congo Necklace ad tiara and Hed Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte wore the bracelet as necklace.

Last edited:
It is strange that the Hereditary Grand-Duchess is the single one without the Order of the Golden Lion of the House Nassau.

The Order of the Golden Lion of the House of Nassau is reserved for Heads of State and born Princes of Luxembourg and the Netherlands, Stéphanie should receive the order when she become Grand Duchess

:previous: That Belgian diamond necklace tiara was the wedding tiara of 4 Luxembourg brides. It's so astonishing that has gone missing in action, as I would have assumed that there must be an emotional attachment to a wedding tiara.

Given the tradition started by the late Joséphine Charlotte I assume we will only see the That Belgian diamond necklace tiara as a Wedding Tiara?

Or the Grand Ducal great flower tiara the 4 Daughters of Grand Duchess wore on their Wedding day.

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg wore the Belgian Scroll Tiara in a new official portrait to mark her 42nd wedding anniversary with Grand Duke Henri on 14 February 2023.

Tiara detail

It looks like they took the official picture on the day of the New Year Reception. The Grand Duchess is wearing the same jewels and gown.

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg wore the Belgian Scroll Tiara in a new official portrait to mark her 42nd wedding anniversary with Grand Duke Henri on 14 February 2023.

Tiara detail

Shame that the Grand Duchess did not wear a brooch on the Order ,they never look 100% minus a brooch.

The earring really compliment the tiara.

It actually works nice in its necklace form :flowers:

The necklace looks better with longer length on a boat neckline, like how JC wore it. (And the cabochon sapphire is simply delicious. Wish it get a better tiara design.)

The sapphire is lovely, but if I were M-T, I would have redone that necklace / tiara.

To my mind, a lot of the jewellery of the Luxemboiurg RF is not quite there from a design perspective.

Maria-Teresa's tiara appearances in 2023:

1 | 2

Maria Teresa in Belgian Scroll plus the Aquamarine Tiara as bracelet:
Pic

She wears the Belgian Scroll Tiara with an supposed sapphire earrings, riviere necklace and her fleur-de-lys pearl brooch
Pic

Last edited:
She might be repeating the same tiara, nonetheless, it is a good look on the Grand Duchess.

Back
Top Bottom