General questions and Forum issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, everyone.
16 hours later I still do not see Osipi listed. It seems that for some odd reason, visitors who are not moderators are invisible on my profile page.
I wondered about the visits from moderators due to the ostensible absence of any other visits, so thank you to iceflower for the explanation that it is routine.
I just visited your page as well and it looks very different from other profiles as it doesn't show any visitors on yours while it does on my and other profiles...

Hi again - still having issues with login via apps on my phone and tablet. Seems other members have the same issues (see posts above). Can someone PLEASE look into this and solve? Thanks.

Hi again - still having issues with login via apps on my phone and tablet. Seems other members have the same issues (see posts above). Can someone PLEASE look into this and solve? Thanks.

Have you tried deleting the forum app from your devices, doing a restart and then reloading the app?

Have you tried deleting the forum app from your devices, doing a restart and then reloading the app?
I have and it doesn't work either (not to mention there was no push notifications since the last update).
And I think that might be something on the servers as while entering the forum on PC I have something like that:

Attachments

• forum.png
    forum.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 53
:previous:
When I'm at the TRF on the pc, this also appears. I also think it must be from the servers.

Never seen that message. Neither on PC or phone.

I have and it doesn't work either (not to mention there was no push notifications since the last update).
And I think that might be something on the servers as while entering the forum on PC I have something like that:

I'm seeing that messages regularly as well (since a few weeks) but afterwards I get to enter TRF normally.

Never seen that message. Neither on PC or phone.

I’ve never seen it either.

However due to virus software, it could be picking up on theroyalforums.com lack of https at the beginning of the web address. On my MacBook it always brings up an error saying the site isn’t safe.

I believe there was a discussion about this a while back.

However, it might be the case that the https has been "fixed". TRF has a valid certification, issued by Cloudfare.

Update No2: Husband is a techie, he seems to think the cloudfare message is to prove that you're a genuine person accessing the site, or traffic is quite high at the time and the loading page allows you access. Some people get it, and some don't depending on your machine and how you access the site.

*Disclaimer - I might be completely wrong*

Last edited:

That message is from our servers and often seen if you are browsing from outside the USA. It verifies your IP address is not known to be malicious. It should go away after a few seconds. If it's not can you tell me something about your device and we may be able to investigate.

Hi again - I have normal access via the website. But I’m unable to login via my iPhone or iPad on the app. The Cloudflare comes up on my phone and redirects me to the website. Could the problem lie within the app? It seems others are having similar issues.

Does it help if you use a pop-up blocker or an add-blocker?

That message is from our servers and often seen if you are browsing from outside the USA. It verifies your IP address is not known to be malicious. It should go away after a few seconds. If it's not can you tell me something about your device and we may be able to investigate.
It's not a problem - it does redirect me to the forum properly. The thing is I didn't have that earlier, but in fact the only reason, why I opened the forum through the PC is that I cannot access it through the app anymore and I think that's the biggest problem now.

^^^previousYou are correct. I have access via the website. I prefer use the apps as I move around a lot and don’t carry my laptop with me. The app used to be easy, quick and simple to use. Please can someone look into this?

I still have no access to TRF via the Apps. Also no response from the app developers or the Forums. I find it strange that some app users are having difficulty, and others not.

At this point it seems the only option open to me is to delete my account. I have tried everything I can think of. But sadly, no solution and no help.

Hello!
Could use a bit of tech help.

For the past few weeks I keep having issues when I refresh a thread. It may be fine for a few times, but than all of the sudden I get an error message.
I contacted the help desk for the website, they were very kind, they claim the issue is not on their end, but were of no subsequent help, in fact the advice they gave me was to delete my cookies and history, which I foolishly did, unaware it will also delete all my open tabs!!

I am using iPhone 8, iOS 11.3 safari. I am outside the US.
Has anyone else had this issue?

Attachments

• 8A703C8E-56F6-4555-BC88-B6A184414FD0.jpg
    8A703C8E-56F6-4555-BC88-B6A184414FD0.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 93
The protection went up a notch. Now I need to do two captcha exercises multiple times a day to be able to read and post at TRF :ermm:

No such thing for me.
I just log on automatically as always.
Both via phone and PC.

No such thing for me.
I just log on automatically as always.
Both via phone and PC.

You probably didn't have the 'cloudfare' 5 sec delay so far either. It seems it depends on the country and Denmark is apparently considered more trustworthy than Suriname :whistling:

You probably didn't have the 'cloudfare' 5 sec delay so far either. It seems it depends on the country and Denmark is apparently considered more trustworthy than Suriname :whistling:

Dunno.

Never heard about the cloudfare delay either.

Dunno.

Never heard about the cloudfare delay either.

Count yourself lucky; as it is a real issue for some members...

It is getting increasingly frustrating if it shows up right after you hit reply and somehow loose all that you typed (which happened to me yesterday after I wrote a long reply for one of the Luxembourg threads).

For those in the same position; today I found out that hitting the 'back' button a few times got me back to my original reply, so I was able to post it in the second attempt.

I've never had that problem but instead I have problems with not getting any notifications to my Android phone (which I use to access the forums 99% of the time) or when people reply to or quote my posts or send me private messages, I can't cut out parts of posts without first posting and then choose to edit, I can't always get links to Instagram and Facebook to work and I can only see individually linked pictures from Belga Image but never galleries.

Count yourself lucky; as it is a real issue for some members...

It is getting increasingly frustrating if it shows up right after you hit reply and somehow loose all that you typed (which happened to me yesterday after I wrote a long reply for one of the Luxembourg threads).

For those in the same position; today I found out that hitting the 'back' button a few times got me back to my original reply, so I was able to post it in the second attempt.

There are a couple of things you can try to help with this...

1. Use a regular web browser like chrome or firefox.

2. as you login click the 'remember me' box

3. Make sure you are allowing cookie exchange with the site. If cookies are purged during your session you will be logged out and have to go through the whole cloudflare thing again .

There are a couple of things you can try to help with this...

1. Use a regular web browser like chrome or firefox.

2. as you login click the 'remember me' box

3. Make sure you are allowing cookie exchange with the site. If cookies are purged during your session you will be logged out and have to go through the whole cloudflare thing again .

Thanks for looking into this and trying to help out.

1. I'm using Microsoft Edge; is that not sufficiently regular? Should I change to Chrome for TRF (as I don't have firefox; and already have 3 different browsers on my laptop)?

2. I am always logged in, so I'm afraid that doesn't solve the problem.

3. How do I check this? As I said, I never log out but it still happens while I am logged in and move from one topic to another or when I'm trying to post a reply.

Thanks again!

And at least I got a picture of a Dutch train this time (I've seen more trains and umbrellas in the last few days than over the last year :D)

Hi All - I too am experiencing issues with Cloudflare on my iPhone and iPad. Before TRF apps were easy and convenient to use on these devices. But now, Cloudflare redirects me to the website, and the apps are of no use. Not sure why this is happening, but it’s really frustrating. I hope this can be fixed soon.

Has the thread about the Sussex's legal case been deleted or am I living in some parallel universe or just too tired ready for the weekend to find it? lol

:ROFLMAO:Oh hey! I'm blaming too long in lockdown! Thank you!

What's up with the 'popular tags'? It includes really weird tags (Jumma; interesting), tags that only have 1 topic related to it without even one reply (Anastasia once upon a time; #royalrelatives #royalgenes) and even non-existent tags (startling new evidence; cover-up)! So, how can those be the most popular tags?

My hunch is that the tags expire after x years and only relatively recent tags show up. For years we had Crown Princess Victoria as the most used tag, which should still be the case today considering the high number of threads in her subforum. I will ask the technical team and let you know if the reason is different.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom