General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 20: December 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very good news! I mean there are many royals, heck any public figure, that would give their right arm for those numbers.

Speaking of polls, here's another one done the week of December 6th

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/ny-maaling-viser-hoej-opbakning-til-kronprinsparret

"The vast majority of Danes are happy with Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary.

This is shown by a new study Epinion has carried out for Danmarks Radio.

Respectively, 84 and 85 percent respond that they have a positive opinion of the crown prince and crown princess.

Thus, the crown prince couple's popularity is on par with Queen Margrethe's.

Only four percent answer that they have a negative opinion of Crown Princess Mary, while this applies to six percent when the question is about Crown Prince Frederik."

BB has also posted about the jew poll
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...nprinsparrets-popularitet-det-siger-danskerne

84% and 85%
I'll say the Danes are very pleased. And this is a recent poll so no panic in these shores

Posts related to Queen Margrethe’s plans to abdicate have been moved to the extra thread in order to not have the same discussions in various threads. Thank you!

Last edited:
Things are changing.

https://www.bt.dk/royale/store-aendringer-efter-23-aar-forlader-frisoer-kronprinsesse-mary

Søren Hedegaard, Mary's hairdresser and personal friend, for 23 years is now about to stop as her hairdresser. A new generation will take over as he puts it.
He will still continue as hairdresser at the salon where he is currently working.

- Søren Hedegaard is 68, so my guess is that he considers the considerable travel activity that comes with being the hairdresser of a queen is too much for him. And even when they are not traveling there is still a lot of planning and work in DK. I imagine that it is if the a full time job, then pretty close.

It is not yet known who will be Mary's new hairdresser. It won't be Dennis Knudsen though. He has been our Marie's hairdresser but recently he had a violent Karen-episode (*) so he is in bad standing in regards to the DRF.

(*) For a lack of a better word to quickly describe such an episode to an international audience.

Time for new beginnings, he has done an excellent job. I'm sure at 68 he has plans to travel or take it easier.

Time for new beginnings, he has done an excellent job. I'm sure at 68 he has plans to travel or take it easier.

He has done a wonderful job for 2 decades. But, yes, at 68 and with another job, it would be a huge increase in duties being the hairdresser of Mary as Queen with the increased engagements and travel.

Yes, new beginnings indeed. It is the start of a new and more modern era for the DRF and DK monarchy in many ways.

i am curious as to what languages are spoken by F&M and family at home. i wonder if they are a bilingual household where mary speaks to the kids in english and frederik in danish, or whether they all speak in danish and ensured that the kids learnt english via other means (with a tutor and through their schooling).

i am curious as to what languages are spoken by F&M and family at home. i wonder if they are a bilingual household where mary speaks to the kids in english and frederik in danish, or whether they all speak in danish and ensured that the kids learnt english via other means (with a tutor and through their schooling).

Mary and at least her children speak Danish on a day to day basis. We have heard the children lovingly talk about making fun of how Mary (on purpose?) pronounce some words.
It may very well be that M&F speak English among themselves when they are alone. (J&M are certainly known to speak French among themselves.) But personally I believe they did that in the beginning and today they, like so many bi-lingual couples, speak Danglish between the two of them.

Mary and at least her children speak Danish on a day to day basis. We have heard the children lovingly talk about making fun of how Mary (on purpose?) pronounce some words.
It may very well be that M&F speak English among themselves when they are alone. (J&M are certainly known to speak French among themselves.) But personally I believe they did that in the beginning and today they, like so many bi-lingual couples, speak Danglish between the two of them.

I have wondered about that. I have also wondered if by this time Mary has picked up some French, especially if possibly the kids have taken that language up as a third language (I assume they speak English already).

I doubt Mary has learned more than a few phrases of French.

Mary has many qualities, learning languages is not high among them. She's learned Danish on an academic level through hard work, determination and necessity but I don't think learning languages is high on her list of interests.

And kudos to Mary for learning such a difficult language with all the added pressure of the role she was undertaking. I mean some royals have trouble with the one language they speak much less even attempting trying to learn even the basics of another one. So Mary is not a linguist. Not everyone can be.

Last edited:
Posts about Princess Charlene have been removed as off topic. Rude and speculative comments have been removed as well.

I see threads are closed due to the recent changes but some update from the Mary Foundation
https://www.instagram.com/p/C2H4ra2sIes/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

:Yesterday, the chairman of the Mary Foundation became queen. And that's why going forward we will be H.M. Queen Mary's foundation.

The work of the Foundation continues unchanged, and with the chairman at the forefront we are also working to fight social isolation by identifying, developing and running projects in collaboration with partners."

Last edited:
Is it announced whether the new Danish king will retain his IOC membership?

Is it announced whether the new Danish king will retain his IOC membership?

Frederik resigned as an active member of the IOC in June 2021
https://www.kongehuset.dk/presse/me...medlem-af-den-internationale-olympiske-komite
"The decision to withdraw gives me the opportunity to intensify my work with other important topics, including in relation to Denmark's position as one of the world's leading nations within the green agenda, sustainability and innovation.”

He was granted honorary membership
https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1110497/updates/62810

Now that would be a real intergenerational love story!

Frederik's in love with his great-great-great grandfather's grandson's wife! Someone get The Doctor on the line -- this calls for a trip in the TARDIS.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2b2fa5AKAD/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

In a small town in Northern Jutland, a 100-year-old birthday boy today, as the first, receives a congratulation from His Majesty the King ??? The King has decided to continue the tradition of His Majesty sending congratulations to citizens who turn 100, 105 and 110 years old. In addition, the King will also continue to send congratulations on the occasion of diamond, crown diamond, iron and nuclear weddings at 60, 65, 70 and 75 years of marriage respectively. The tradition of greetings from the Majesty on special anniversaries goes back many years. It used to be started with telegram greetings that were sent, written down and read out to the birthday person in question on the day.

It's indeed a charming tradition but it might need a slight adjustment over the next generations as people live longer.
Only some 20 years ago it was shown on the main news when someone turned 100 and was celebrated with a telegram and what not.
It still makes the local news though.

As I understand it, someone needs to contact the court first and request a greeting being send to whomever. Because the court doesn't keep track on how old people are. And even though they could make it automatic by using the Central Persons Register, it's not all who for various wish to get a greeting from the Monarch.

The postal service, which normally has a delivery time of plus/minus a month, usually get their fingers out when the sender says Amalienborg and actually deliver on the day. :whistling:

I like that we can see his new signature; I was curious if he'd sign his name just "Frederik" or "Frederik R", and it's the latter. Very cool. :)

Seems that King Frederik and Queen Mary made a surprise appearance at the Royal Theater on Friday night.
Just lovely. Someone captured 3 seconds of them sitting down in the royal box to applause.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2lOLUJPn_T/

Last edited:
It's always important to have Date Night, even if you're the King and Queen. Thankfully, the kids are old enough to be left home alone for a few hours without the parents worrying they'll burn the house down. LOL

Back
Top Bottom