Favourite Royal Names

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
William and Harry are clearly first for me.

Henry I like as well very much.

Amalia and Isabella are my favourites. Christian and Felix are also nice, but a bit too normal. I know a lot of people here who are called like that.

I like the names Leonor and Alexia for girls.
And Gabriel and Christian for boys.

I like Ariane,Isabella,and Ingrid.And for boys,Felix and Vincent.

I like names Leonor, Sophia and Isabella for girl, and Nikolai, Felix, Vincent and Gabriel for boys

Updated list with newest Danish twin

Holland
Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria
'Work; effort'

Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien
"helper" or "defender

Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines
"Very holy one"

Denmark
Christian Valdemar Henri John
'Follower of Christ'

Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe
'My God is a vow'

Vincent Frederik Minik Alexander
'Conquering'

Josephine Sophia Ivalo Mathilda
'He will enlarge'

Norway
Marius
'From the god Mars', 'sea'

Ingrid Alexandra
'defending men' (Alexandra)
'Ing's beauty' (Ingrid)

Sverre Magnus
'Great' (magnus)
'wild, swinging, spinning".' (sverre)

Belgium
Elisabeth Thérèse Marie Hélène
"my God is an oath", "my God is abundance".

Gabriel Baudouin Charles Marie
'God is my might'

Emmanuel Léopold Guillaume François Marie
'God is with us'

Eléonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie
"God is my light"

Spain
Leonor
"God is my light"

Sofia
'wisdom'

Japan
Aiko
'love child' or 'Noble kind; of the noble sort; sword"

Sophia and Isabella, hands down. These are such beautiful names connected to such cute little girls. :D

I have always loved the name Felix too. :)

I like Ariane, Alexia, Ingrid, Isabella, Elisabeth, Christian, Felix.

Girls: Sofia, Isabella, Ingrid Alexandra, Elisabeth, Josephine, Amalia

Boys: Christian, Sverre Magnus

Girls
1 Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe
2 Elisabeth Thérèse Marie Hélène
3 Sofia

Boys
1 Gabriel Baudouin Charles Marie
2 Christian Valdemar Henri John
3 Vincent Frederik Minik Alexander

My favourite names are Sofia, Isabella, Alexia, Josephine and Eleonore of the princesses' names and Gabriel and Christian of the princes' names.

I love especially Sofia, it is so beautiful and just lovely. Isabella fits very well to the little miss who Isabella is, she is my favourite of the young royals. Alexia is a sweet and cute girl with a sweet and name. Josephine is just a nice name. Eleonore is also beautiful, but I like the form Eleonora more.

Gabriel is just a wonderful name to a prince like prince Gabriel. Christian fits very well to prince Christian and his personality.

Favourite CP Children Names

Girls:
1. Leonor (regal, historical and beautiful)
2. Alexia (love the greek roots)
3. Sofia (its my second name, i love it)

Boys:
1. William (he is also son of a CP/regal)
2. Christian (love the sound and great international use)
3. Gabriel (always liked it)

Favourite Other Royal Children Names

Girls:
1. Salma (love the arabic feel to it)
2. Magali (cute<3)
3. Louise (simple but traditional)

Boys:
1. Afonso (he is son of Duke of Bragança/regal)
2. Felipe (modern yet traditional)
3. Achileas (love greek names)

Favourite Names for upcoming royal babies

Mary for William and Catherine's daughter
Richard/John for William and Catherine's son/sons
Alfonso for Felipe and Letizia's son (doubt they will have more kids)
Anne for Albert and Charlene's daughter
Desirée for Victoria and Daniel's daughter

Elisabeth Therese Marie Helene is such a beautiful name. I also love the names Catherina-Amalia, Leonor, Ariane, Isabella, Josephine, and Eleonore.

Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe, Vincent Frederik Minik Alexander, Josephine Sophia Ivalo Mathilda, Ingrid Alexandra, Gabriel Baudouin Charles Marie and Leonor are my favourites.

If I had to choose just one, I think it would have to be Ingrid Alexandra. Those two names go incredibly well together, they're two of my personal favourite names, I love double names and I hope she'll reign as Queen Ingrid Alexandra of Norway.

And an honorary mention (because he isn't the son of the 1st in the to the throne as the other kids are): George Alexander Louis. Though I wish there would have been a fourth name (either Philip or Arthur), I think little George's name is absolutely stunning and it has such a great flow.

I must say, they all have very nice names, but I do love traditional names. Of course I do prefer some more than others.

I think my favorite by far is Ingrid Alexandra.

i like Sverre Magnus, because you immediately know which country he's from :)

Elisabeth Therese Marie Helene is such a beautiful name. I also love the names Catherina-Amalia, Leonor, Ariane, Isabella, Josephine, and Eleonore.

It really is. It just flows so well and sounds so pretty together. I also love Estelle, but as Stella is both my Mom's name and my middle one, that's a bit biased on my part. ;)

On Mom's side there's a tradition of giving either the Mother, Grandmother and/or Great Grandmother's name to the newest little girl' in the Family for her middle names. I have Mom's, she has both her Grandmother and Great Grandmother's names as her's and my Sister has one of our Grandmothers for hers. So these Royal Naming traditions are perfectly normal to me. BTW...My Sister's full name is Judith Flora. I've always thought that was so very pretty. Anyway....

I also love the traditional names from Greenland the Danish Twins were given. A lovely nod to a Danish territory the Family all enjoy visiting and spending time at. Really a lovely thing to do I thought.

Emmanuel and Gabriel for the boys, Isabella for the girl.

I like Emmanuel and Vincent for boys , Eléonore and Estelle for girls.
These names are so elegance and noblity!:ROFLMAO:

My favourite name of the CP children is Catharina Amalia. It sounds quite regal and Catharina and Amalia are my favourite European royal names. I also like the names of her sisters, Alexia and Ariane. Alexia sounds cute and Ariane flows nicely IMO. Out of the girls, I also like Elisabeth, Eleonore, Isabella, Ingrid Alexandra and Josephine. I particularly like Elisabeth spelt the French way (with an accent on the first e). I like Isabella, Josephine and Eleonore because they have a pretty sound to them. I like Ingrid Alexandra because Ingrid and Alexandra are one of my favourite girl's names. I also like Leonor and Sofia.

Out of the boys, I like Gabriel, Emmanuel and Christian.

Last edited:
I like Elizabeth. Elizabeth is my mother's name. She was named after her paternal grandmother, Erzsebet. Erzsebet is Hungarian for Elizabeth. Elizabeth (Erzsebet) of Hungary (1207-1231) was a princess of the Kingdom of Hungary.

I like the name of Emmanuel. Emmanuel has been used for Charles Emmanuel and Victor Emmanuel and Emmanuel Philibert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boys: Christian, Emmanuel and Christian

Girls: Arrietta, Anna Maria, Catharina Amalia, Isabella and Isabella

Has anyone else noticed a plethora of names beginning with vowels for the girls- Ingrid Alexandra, Amalia, Ariane, Alexia, Isabella, Estelle, Elisabeth, Eleonore?

One of my favorites is Princess Madeleine's name, Madeleine Therese Amelie Josephine is such a beautiful and regal name. It's very suitable for a royal. I also love her daughters name Leonore Lilian Maria.

My other favorite full names:

Élisabeth Thérèse Marie Hélène (Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant)

Margrethe Alexandrine Þórhildur Ingrid (Queen Margrethe II)

Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe (Princess Isabella of Denmark)

George Alexander Louis (Prince George of Cambridge)

Victoria Ingrid Alice Desiree (Crown Princess Victoria)

My favorite single names:

Catharina-Amalia
Catherine
Maxima
Charlotte
Anne-Marie
Mary/Marie
Elizabeth
Diana
Eleonora
Josephine
Grace
Alexandra
Emma
Caroline
Laetitia
Leonor
Rania

And there are many others of course.

:previous: Yes, I love Madeleine's name combination too. It's gorgeous, and I have all the names on a list I have for future children of mine. I have a lot of royal favourites! My taste in names fits in quite well with the royals' tastes, so I think I'd be quite a good royal when it comes to naming children. Since my list is long, I'll only list my most favourite names:

First names
Sophia
Victoria
Alexandra
Leonore
Elisabeth (I love how Princess Elisabeth of Belgium spells her name, with an accent on the E)
Madeleine
Mathilde
Mary
Grace (Mia Grace Tindall)
Eulalia (Infanta Eulalia of Spain)
Magdalena (there have been past Archduchess of Austria with this name)
Catharina-Amalia
Anna
Josephine
Ingrid
Cecilia (Princess Cecilia of Bourbon-Parma, and historical Norwegian Princesses)
Joseph (Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein)
Helena
Harry/Henry
Christian
Emmanuel
Gabriel
Noah (Prince Noah of Luxembourg)
Felix
George

Combinations
Madeleine Thérèse Amelie Josephine
Victoria Ingrid Alice Désirée
Alexandrina Victoria (Queen Victoria)
Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary
Eléonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie
Elizabeth Alexandra Mary
Eugenie Victoria Helena
Beatrice Elizabeth Mary
Alexandra Elizabeth Olga Christabel
Mathilde Marie Christine Ghislaine
George Alexander Louis
William Arthur Philip Louis
James Alexander Philip Theo

I like the name Victoria and I like my name of course even though no royal to my knowledge current or otherwise has the name of Lucy.

Elizabeth Victoria or Victoria Elizabeth are good names.

Victoria Ann is another.

Stephanie would be a favorite if I had a royal name.
I might have named a daughter Prill, after the lead character in the sci-fi novel The Mote in God's Eye. My mother in law's maiden name (last name) was Prill, so it would have been a natural! Not royal, of course.
I also considered naming a girl after Princess Kaiulani of Hawaii, but I did not have a girl.

I like the name Victoria and I like my name of course even though no royal to my knowledge current or otherwise has the name of Lucy.

Actually, Lady Helen Taylor's middle name is Lucy as she's Helen Marina Lucy. It's her mother's middle name as well, as she's Katherine Lucy Mary. So you do share a name with some royals, but not as a first name. That's still something though! :flowers:

I missed the original question of this thread - I already have two royal names, but if I had to choose another one or a different one, then it would probably be Magdalena.

Some of my favourite royal names:
Aliénor (better known as Eleanor of Aquitaine)
Ghislaine (consort of Louis II, prince of Monaco)
Astrid
Ulrika Eleonora
Sofie Magdalene
Cecilia/Cecily
Jacquetta
Adeliza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom