Fashion for the Little Royals, Part 2: April 2010 - May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or perhaps we should only comment fashion when royals are seen at events where fashionable clothes are to be expected? This was the Hubertus Hunt, a three year old girl attending with her family in cold weather, probably playing with her brother and cousins and going for a ride in a horse-drawn carriage. Somehow it doesn't matter if her poncho and her trousers seemed mitmatched to some (they looked perfectly fine to me) - main thing was that she was kept warm and comfortable.

With the keen royal watching these days, every day clothes, practical clothes, children's clothing are commented under the 'fashion' thread. Perhaps it becomes too much; we should make allowance for events which by their nature are just not for fashion discussions. But that is just my personal opinion of course. :)

It doesn't matter how are they dressed, the fact is, we can still comment whther we like it or not. The kids are the kids, they can wear this or that, nobody says they need to look "fashinable", whatever that means at the moment, but we are still allowed to say if we liked it, if the colours matched, etc.

I simply did not like the whole clothes Isabella was wearing put together, but it's my personal opinion. One can dress a child warm in the matching manner. But, again, the fact I find it not matching doesn't mean it didn't. It simply mean, I didn't find it matching.

I LOVE Isabella's new haircut! She looks so grown here and the little poncho is also pretty for her, but still the outfit looks mismatched indeed. I'm not keen on Christian's outfit, it looks old for him, but it may be appropriate for a hunt.

Count me in as someone who loves Isabella's new haircut! Not a fan of the poncho (I generally don't care for them in any form), but her mother and grandfather were wearing one, so I get the sentiment behind it! Plus, I do like its material and color. I also really like the sweater that she's wearing underneath!
I also liked Christian's outfit and didn't think it looked old and worn. I thought it was very appropriate for a hunt. I think many men there were wearing similar outfits!

Usually, when there are new pictures in this thread, there are a few replies of "oh how cute" or similar. But when we get pictures of Christian and Isabella, there are at least 2 or 3 pages of comments, most of them negative. It has been said before that what they're wearing reflects the Danish fashion at the moment. They always look well-groomed and cared for (though I know some people don't agree!). Yes, this is a fashion thread, and it's not that I'm saying only positive comments should go here, but what bugs me is that, regardless of what they wear, those two kids can't win!

Isabellas haircut is adorable! Finally some structure in the girl. I like both outfits and think that they are nicely dressed for the event.

Love Isabella's hair cut, its really nice on her. I loved her red pants.

Usually, when there are new pictures in this thread, there are a few replies of "oh how cute" or similar. But when we get pictures of Christian and Isabella, there are at least 2 or 3 pages of comments, most of them negative. It has been said before that what they're wearing reflects the Danish fashion at the moment. They always look well-groomed and cared for (though I know some people don't agree!). Yes, this is a fashion thread, and it's not that I'm saying only positive comments should go here, but what bugs me is that, regardless of what they wear, those two kids can't win!

ITA there seems to a level of vittriol directed an Mary & Fred's taste in their children's clothing that reaches a fever pitch of negativity. It's one the to say you dislike an outfit and then move on, but there seems to be a pointed attempt to belittle everything about Isabella & Christian's clothing choices and go and on about it. I don't love every outfit every royal (or anyone for that matter) child wears but yeesh there's something sad about all the bile directed at these kids.

Last edited:
But that's not what we should be talking about here. After all, this IS a FASHION THREAD, not how well are their kids behaving thread. Besides, how can you tell how well behaved they are by looking at the pictures?

See? Same old same old...:cool: People idolize royals and then they expect from anyone to agree with them and post positive 'Oh-what-a-cute-outfit' kind of comments ONLY. Anything negative is sad, devastating, is written by psychos who have nothing better to do other than insult sweet innocent kids... It's funny on one hand, but on the other hand just... Blah! :p

Last edited:
OK:) - though I cannot see how a whitish/beige poncho does not match her dark red trousers. In my book, these items were very well matched.

There is white / beige, red, brown and black. that's what I meant. Too many colours. Maybe if it would be kept in the white / beige and red tones? I don't know. I just said what I didn't like.

And definitely not too many colours for a three year old at an event that takes place in a wood :)

Wow...reading some of these comments, I sometimes wish that the Danish Royals adopt the practice of the Spanish royals and only allow their children to be seen publicly 3-4 times a year in nice, choreographed photo shoots!

Wow...reading some of these comments, I sometimes wish that the Danish Royals adopt the practice of the Spanish royals and only allow their children to be seen publicly 3-4 times a year in nice, choreographed photo shoots!

Amen to that :flowers:

Count me in as someone who loves Isabella's new haircut! Not a fan of the poncho (I generally don't care for them in any form), but her mother and grandfather were wearing one, so I get the sentiment behind it! Plus, I do like its material and color. I also really like the sweater that she's wearing underneath!
I also liked Christian's outfit and didn't think it looked old and worn. I thought it was very appropriate for a hunt. I think many men there were wearing similar outfits!

Maybe the reason for this is that some (more, IDK, maybe) people just don't like the way those kids are being dressed? Again, IDK, it's just my speculations. But, if, like you said above, most of the comments are negative, apprently people just don't like the way those kids are being dressed. I highly doubt it's anyting personal.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're dressed appropriately for a day in the country. This isn't a state dinner with Queen Elizabeth and they're just kids whose clothes are going to be filthy at the end of the day.

Totally agree with you :flowers:

Sad we have gotten to this point. I am starting to agree. We always want pictures of the kids, any royal kids and now it is a battle over Christian and Isabella. If we could just come in here and make a comment about what they are wearing and let it go. No snide comments, no degrading remarks, maybe act like adults it would all be fine. For some reason with these two kids it is just not possible.

They're dressed appropriately for a day in the country. This isn't a state dinner with Queen Elizabeth and they're just kids whose clothes are going to be filthy at the end of the day.

I totally agree 4Pam. If they would just look at one time she had a jacket on under her poncho. I guess because it was so chilly out. Once that was taken off she "matched" just fine. Maybe the CP couple could buy a coat that will match each outfit to please everyone. I loved how Christian and his farfar had on the same bright orange.

I totally agree 4Pam. If they would just look at one time she had a jacket on under her poncho. I guess because it was so chilly out. Once that was taken off she "matched" just fine. Maybe the CP couple could buy a coat that will match each outfit to please everyone. I loved how Christian and his farfar had on the same bright orange.

But that isn't going to make the outfit with the poncho more "matched" for me, i.e. I commented on the poncho one.
It's simple, you liked it, I did not.

Aw my dear, u sound confused. These are not just ordinary kids, they are princes and the boy is the heir to the Danish throne, isn't he? (..) She's not Don Quixote's grandchild to look so messy. People from the Danish Royal Court, do something for the little princes, pe'leez! I insist, they must look well-dressed and more groomed. Mon dieu!

Posts with personal arguments have been deleted, please stay respectful
towards each other and the children you are discussing about! Everyone is
entitled to share his/her opinion, as long as it is not getting offensive!

Iceflower
RHoF Moderator

88hermes
My goodnes you insist! Who should we be bowing to?

Last edited:
I'm so sorry,my Flower! I didn't mean to offend anyone,just got too emotional once again..:sad: :flowers: :flowers:

88hermes
My goodnes you insist! Who should be bowing to?

Ur q again? i didn't get what u mean,dear. don't get me wrong, i just couldn't get that bowing thing..so, ur q? can u repeat?

Why can't we just live and let live? If I think an outfit looks hideous, I will state it. Why have the Mary fans to quote and disagree all the time? We know that you love everything she does and that's perfectly okay. But please, let us have our opinions. :flowers:

PS. I think it's an enormous progress that they have cut Izzy's hair. She is such a cutie pie.

Blackadder ,you have such an unbiased opinion this we can certainly see.

The children are so full of personality and have such beautiful faces I rarely take notice of what they are wearing until I am faced with such comments as these

Blackadder ,you have such an unbiased opinion this we can certainly see.

The children are so full of personality and have such beautiful faces I rarely take notice of what they are wearing until I am faced with such comments as these

I could really care less on any royal child if someone does or does not like what they are wearing. I just hate seeing any child bashed or bullied. It is just not right. Adults stooping so low as to call a child a name. or make fun of them by calling them names is beyond reprehensible MOO. I keep hearing about the Mary fans. Funny thing is Mary is not my favorite never has been.

I heard someone calling Isabella an old soul. With this new hairstyle I do not think she looks so much like that now. They are beautiful kids for sure.

Last edited:

Once again several posts had to be deleted, please use the private
message system for your personal arguments!

I´ve stated my opinion and FINITO for me. Please let us talk about other little royals and their clothing? Everybody should have a right to their own opinion and as long as it isn´t insulting or mean, it can be stated I´m sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom